These 'Firesale' rumours (merged threads)

Walter Bishop

I'll be honest - I get to hear a few things now and then - from good sources usually direct from Hearts or the media (broadsheet).

We will be selling players in Jan.

We will be releasing players in Jan.

We will be reducing the wage bill.

We will be promoting 2 or 3 youngsters to 1st team squad proper.

Old adage but short term pain for long term gain. Hearts need the money to get through to the summer and we need to be run on a more mangeable basis - both will happen.

Short term the team will suffer but long term it's what is required to help ensure this is not repeated.

I've come to trust your posts mate, your posts about the redevelopment have been spot on.

Have you heard anything further about it?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've come to trust your posts mate, your posts about the redevelopment have been spot on.

Have you heard anything further about it?

Spoke to my mate today - nothing has changed.

Hearts have still to go back to the Council with a few changes/answers. Nothing major I understand. Expect to hear more around Feb time.

Spoke to my mate today - nothing has changed.

Hearts have still to go back to the Council with a few changes/answers. Nothing major I understand. Expect to hear more around Feb time.

Possibly once we know how much we've taken in on transfers out?

Selling our best players every transfer window to reduce wage bill/debt.

The team struggling as a result and being a mid table side.

It's going to be a long, painful, frustrating ride from here on, I'm afraid.......

When was it any different?

Walter Bishop
yet another thread asking the same question as in 90% of today's new threads. Is it now compulsory to open your own thread to display hand-wringing. Jeez we face the Dark denziens of Dante's inner circle of depravity on Saturday where a win would put us 8 points behind the them and all we can do is individually and collectively fuel the rumours of imminent melt-down. I think we should have a new forum for this type of trolling where a weekly subject is printed and all that can be done is reply to that thread not start new ones. AND BTW IT SHOULD BE COMPULSORY to post ther before you are allowed to infect the terrace with such nonsense:evilno::frustrated::ahhhhhhh::ahhhhhhh::ahhhhhhh::ahhhhhhh:

And here lies the problem! The delusion amongst so called Hearts fans at the moment is scary, when will people open their eyes. We have not paid the players on time twice in the last 6 weeks, we are openly flaunting our players on the OFFICIAL club web site. #

Forget 3 points on saturday, the future of the club is as far as im concerned in serious danger yet people like you continue to pretend nothing is going on and just wait for the next game to come along. One day there may just not be a next game to look forward to!:evilno:

And here lies the problem! The delusion amongst so called Hearts fans at the moment is scary, when will people open their eyes. We have not paid the players on time twice in the last 6 weeks, we are openly flaunting our players on the OFFICIAL club web site. #

Forget 3 points on saturday, the future of the club is as far as im concerned in serious danger yet people like you continue to pretend nothing is going on and just wait for the next game to come along. One day there may just not be a next game to look forward to!:evilno:

MY rant ,for what it is worth, is about the number of threads that spring up all rehashing the same arguement to no avail other than self promotion!

I will now try and refute your nonsensical reply:- The players have appeared in the media saying that they are quite comfortable with the situation and it has been explained to them (Nota Bene NOT YOU).

What exactly constitutes flaunting our own players?

Exactly how am I still a "so-called fan" ? is their a qualification period?

Does doing my bit during SOH debar me from having an opinion at this time?

Doea "As far as you are concerned" mean that I must adopt your views too?

where did I say you could adopt a tabloid mentality when replying to me?

portobellojambo1

"The Big Picture"?????

What is it?

It's a pub in Musselburgh, or Scarborough, or Peterborough (although I'm only guessing).

Walter Bishop
MY rant ,for what it is worth, is about the number of threads that spring up all rehashing the same arguement to no avail other than self promotion!

I will now try and refute your nonsensical reply:- The players have appeared in the media saying that they are quite comfortable with the situation and it has been explained to them (Nota Bene NOT YOU).

What exactly constitutes flaunting our own players?

Exactly how am I still a "so-called fan" ? is their a qualification period?

Does doing my bit during SOH debar me from having an opinion at this time?

Doea "As far as you are concerned" mean that I must adopt your views too?

where did I say you could adopt a tabloid mentality when replying to me?

I know for a fact the players were far from happy, we have deals agreed for at least 2 players and if you check the website you WILL see we are openly issuing a "come and get them plea" by whoever released that particular article ,At the end of the day we are all entitled to an opinion and if yours means turning a blind eye then fair enough, some of us are unable to do that anymore.

J.T.F.Robertson
I'll be honest - I get to hear a few things now and then - from good sources usually direct from Hearts or the media (broadsheet).

Old adage but short term pain for long term gain. Hearts need the money to get through to the summer and we need to be run on a more mangeable basis - both will happen.

Short term the team will suffer but long term it's what is required to help ensure this is not repeated.

Would it be possible to hold off on these moves until after the 11th? ;)

The problem I have with all this is not losing players - because thats always happened to us - but exactly which ones.

But the biggest problem I have about this is, where does the money go?

I banged on about this before and during the Gordon transfer and I fear the same will happen again. The money doesn't come to Hearts but instead goes to VR.

Under this system we are fecked.

I believe, despite the high wage bill, we are paying our way through player sales, gate money, TV money, advertising and merchandise (and UBIG share issue) yet still we have no cash?

We don't need "help" from VR, we just need our own money.

I know for a fact the players were far from happy, we have deals agreed for at least 2 players and if you check the website you WILL see we are openly issuing a "come and get them plea" by whoever released that particular article ,At the end of the day we are all entitled to an opinion and if yours means turning a blind eye then fair enough, some of us are unable to do that anymore.

You know for a fact! that flaunting is not touting and not sharing your views is turning a blind eye. Hmmn.. a bit like starting yet another thread of tabloid style research and scaremongering:emoticon_spam:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Martin, the "speculation" on this board, in my humble opinion, comes largely from the eternally anti-Romanov squad who, at the risk of boring us to death, need something else to moan about and this being the "window", provides just another opportunity to vent their spleens!! It's sad that, without any real evidence at this stage that we will be selling off our better players in January, some Hearts supporters feel the overwhelming need to "fuel the weegie press and hobo fire"! They need no help from us in wishing our club ill, so why do it and why seemingly take so much pleasure in their dubious contributions? Par for the course during the last couple of years, I suppose, but before they criticise other Jambos for having their heads in the sand, perhaps they should return from planet DOOM first! For my part, I'll wait until we are nearer the window and see some indication of factual information, before commenting on any possible "window" business. :irritated::sheep:

:laugh:

I like how you fit "my humble opinion" into the first sentence and then go on to ramble with quite breathtaking arrogance.

:)

I asked this question on another thread today. I was told that these rumours emanate from staff in the McLeod Street offices.

Not good.

Well it must be true then .... a poster on JKB told you so.

:smell_hobo:

I'm not nuts about losing our best players, but perhaps we are finally getting to be run in a more sensible manner. I'm hopeful that Csaba will be allowed to build the team back up after this tearing down.

Maybe the upside of all this cash flow problem is that Vlad realized he couldn't meddle in team affairs, given falls in attendances this year. I shudder to think what would have happened next year if he hadn't backed off.

If UBIG are no longer able to sponsor the club's ongoing losses or to raise some capital for the club from somewhere, then the above strategy is the sensible one for the medium term prospects of the club.

It is what the Pieman should have done rather than continuing to run losses through the big wage bill to Levein's team. Hopefully this time the decision will be taken before the sale of the ground is necessary.

Can I just ask a question

If moving to Murrayfield without clearing our debt fully was going to lead to us having to sell all players worth anything and relying upon youth with resulting lower crowds meaning that we wouldnt survive.

How is the current alleged "plan" any different in financial terms?

In staying at Tynecastle we cant pay our debts as they fall due, we are required to sell our players worth anything, the remaining assets do not cover our debts, and we are suffering from lower attendances with the probability that without key players we will drop down the league and keep having attendances drop off.

Can somebody please explain the difference?

As I've said before it's the one area so far Romanov has almost always done well in: when players are sold they go for decent fees.

You're also right that I can't think of anyone in that team that's irreplaceable, although we'd miss Berra or Driver.

If the more extreme theories on here are right that might change though.

Time will tell.

You're right, it's one of the few areas where he's done well (how that income's been squandered is another story!). However he's usually been selling from a position of strength and been able to drive a hard bargain. This time it's going to be completely different - it looks like we actually need to sell and there will be fewer buyers with less money to spend. So what might have seemed a derisory offer a year or two ago, could be acceptable now. Who goes in the window and how much for will say a lot about where we're headed. But if we can get ?2m for Zaliukas and hold onto Berra or Driver as a result, I'll be a happy man!

Back to the OP, I've heard a few things from people connected in some way to the club which, while not earth shattering in themselves, when combined with the wages problems and various other recent financial issues, suggest to me that we have fairly severe cashflow problems and need to bring money in - selling players seems the only way to do it. While it might not help the facts police, for once, I'm actually glad that the club haven't made a statement on it as you might as well just put out a press release saying 'We're skint - help yourself to our players".

Can I just ask a question

If moving to Murrayfield without clearing our debt fully was going to lead to us having to sell all players worth anything and relying upon youth with resulting lower crowds meaning that we wouldnt survive.

How is the current alleged "plan" any different in financial terms?

In staying at Tynecastle we cant pay our debts as they fall due, we are required to sell our players worth anything, the remaining assets do not cover our debts, and we are suffering from lower attendances with the probability that without key players we will drop down the league and keep having attendances drop off.

Can somebody please explain the difference?

I am in favour of a Wallace Mercer/Doddie MacDonald rescue Dads Army strategy at Tynecastle. I think it is preferable to a similar strategy at Murrayfield.

What would the team be based on players currently at Hearts?

Let's say we lose:

Berra

Zaliuskis (spl)

Wallace

Kingston

Bruno

Karapidis

Driver

Obua (no great loss based on what we have seen so far)

Chesney (wage bill cut)

Miko (wage bill cut)

Nade (championship sniffing around)

What would we have?

McDonald/Balogh/Kello

Neilson McGowan Armstrong Rapnik

Docherty Palazuelous Stewart Park

Tullberg Glen

I don't watch the reserves and the list on heartsfc is no doubt out of date (think that weirdo Lithgow is still on it) but is that not a pretty scary prospect?!?

Let's say we lose:

Berra

Zaliuskis (spl)

Wallace

Kingston

Bruno

Karapidis

Driver

Chesney (wage bill cut)

Miko (wage bill cut)

What would we have?

McDonald/Balogh/Kello

Tullberg Glen

I don't watch the reserves and the list on heartsfc is no doubt out of date (think that weirdo Lithgow is still on it) but is that not a pretty scary prospect?!?

Why is (spl) in brackets next to Zal ?

he think Zal is going to another SPL club IE Rangers or Celtic?

Because he thought the spelling of his name may well have been incorrect? And indeed it was.

Let's say we lose:

Berra

Zaliuskis (spl)

Wallace

Kingston

Bruno

Karapidis

Driver

Chesney (wage bill cut)

Miko (wage bill cut)

What would we have?

McDonald/Balogh/Kello

Tullberg Glen

Apparently ruben will also be sold off, heard 2 spanish clubs have been sniffing aroung at cut price, whilst tullberg will have his contract terminated. :byebye:

To be really honest with you, I doubt Wallace or Driver will leave Hearts at this stage, they are still young lads.

Csaba has also said that there might be 3 SPL stars coming in, say:

Barr to replace Berra

Iain Black to replace Aguiar

Clarkson to replace Nade (do we even think Nade will leave?)

Taking that into account:

McDonald

Neilson McGowan Barr Wallace

Docherty (or whoever) Black Stewart Driver

Clarkson Glen

...something along those lines probably is acceptable.

To be really honest with you, I doubt Wallace or Driver will leave Hearts at this stage, they are still young lads.

Barr to replace Berra

McDonald

Clarkson Glen

Forgot about Jonsson, he could fill the right midfield spot

Barr to replace Berra

McDonald

Clarkson Glen

If we're desperate enough for cash to sell all those players (which we'll find out one way or another soon enough), there's hee-haw chance of signing two Scotland internationalists!

Playing straight into the hands of the media,what a shower of doom merchants anyway.:mad:

Is this what you really want? As it will give your knitting clubs some good wee tales to discuss.:mad:

Give us a break and wait and see what happens:mad:

If we're desperate enough for cash to sell all those players (which we'll find out one way or another soon enough), there's hee-haw chance of signing two Scotland internationalists!

To be honest that was just an example, and it probably won't happen.

However, do we all honestly think that all those players mentioned above are going to leave?

Playing straight into the hands of the media,what a shower of doom merchants anyway.:mad:

Is this what you really want? As it will give your knitting clubs some good wee tales to discuss.:mad:

I said IF it happens. Was more out of interest trying to work out the team as it would stand.

Why so bothered by the media wee man?

To be honest that was just an example, and it probably won't happen.

However, do we all honestly think that all those players mentioned above are going to leave?

I don't have any idea how many players will go. I'd guess at Kingston as a certainty, and probably another few from Berra, Bruno, Makela, Ruben, Driver, Nade, Tullberg, Obua and Wallace.

I said IF it happens. Was more out of interest trying to work out the team as it would stand.

Why so bothered by the media wee man?

If you read the countless anti-media threads on here im not alone Big Man:mw_rolleyes:

If your comfortable with rumour mongering,and have a great desire to boost your post count,feel free to make up what you dont know!

I've not made up anything! I'm merely having a discussion based upon various debates that have been raging on here the past few days. Post count? Couldn't give a **** mate. Personally I cannot stand the tabloid press so chose not to read/take any notice of it. They are out to get us and always have been so why let it get to you?

Sexton Hardcastle

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-Laszlo-two-players.4778709.jp

Csaba still wants to bring in a Striker and RM. This, if we kept the bulk of our current players could cement 3rd place? Again it depends if Vlad fancys another Kaunas kid or acutaly lets Csaba do it his own way.

Would you accept 2/3 sales in return fora RM and Striker?

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-Laszlo-two-players.4778709.jp

Csaba still wants to bring in a Striker and RM. This, if we kept the bulk of our current players could cement 3rd place? Again it depends if Vlad fancys another Kaunas kid or acutaly lets Csaba do it his own way.

Would you accept 2/3 sales in return fora RM and Striker?

Last week he was apparently saying that he wanted a left back, a defensive midfielder and a striker.

What has changed?

What is it? Are we doomed and heading for oblivion or are we suffering a minor blip and will recover and keep hold of our "better players"?

Personally i think Vlad`s reign is coming to an end.:)

When we read the rumours of Valencia's Villa going to Man City for 60M and 150,000 for 5 years we have just missed the boat ,lost the plot.

I mean we are light years apart in class!:mad:

Guest Dipped Flake

Not quite how I would have put it but agree in general. A lot of posters are hanging the club up to dry for selling all our players. Last time I looked they are all still here. February 1st is the time to take stock of who has gone/arrived. If we have lost the bulk of the team then feel free to slag of whoever you want but can we not at least wait until it happens.

Not quite how I would have put it but agree in general. A lot of posters are hanging the club up to dry for selling all our players. Last time I looked they are all still here. February 1st is the time to take stock of who has gone/arrived. If we have lost the bulk of the team then feel free to slag of whoever you want but can we not at least wait until it happens.

Spot on! Lets all just wait and see.

I'm also in the wait and see camp. If top earners like Kingston, Nade and Aguiar go then it'll be a necessary move to keep the club going. Similarly, if we accept monumental offers for one of Driver, Berra, Jonsson or Wallace then it'll be no different to previous seasons, all our players are for sale at the right price and we move on. If Csaba is right and 7 or 8 will be moved on then will any of us shed any tears if those players are Elliot, Basso, Makela, Zaliuckas, Ksanivicius, Cesnauskis, Mrowiec and one of the goalies?

My feeling is that around 3 or 4 first choice players will be sold with one or two fringe players released and maybe one or two loanees coming in but as we all know anything can happen at Hearts.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Last week he was apparently saying that he wanted a left back, a defensive midfielder and a striker.

What has changed?

Kingston's away!

What has changed?

Well there's "apparantly saying" and then there's written word from Csaba's mouth. I suppose the legitimacy has changed

Archived