Favourite Hearts moments

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is p1sh, all this to-ing and fro-ing about Romanov.

How about hearing about some personal favourite Hearts moments. I'll start:

Allan Preston's opener in the 1993 Scottish Cup semi. Absolute bedlam on the terrace where far too many of us were crammed in. Rangers were at the absolute peak of their 9-in-a-row powers and only a game away from the Champions League final. I thought we were gonna do them that day.

Two minutes at Celtic Park in January 1992. Top of the league and facing a real test - Millar and Crabbe seal the game in a mad 90 second spell. More bedlam.

Sitting in first-year geography and hearing John Robertson was back.

The night somebody 'saw' Gullit. Never been so excited.

Having a smoke in the garage with the heat from the tumble dryer keeping me warm when Robbie scored in Basle. I think they heard me two streets away.

Any more?

This is p1sh, all this to-ing and fro-ing about Romanov.

How about hearing about some personal favourite Hearts moments. I'll start:

Allan Preston's opener in the 1993 Scottish Cup semi. Absolute bedlam on the terrace where far too many of us were crammed in. Rangers were at the absolute peak of their 9-in-a-row powers and only a game away from the Champions League final. I thought we were gonna do them that day.

Two minutes at Celtic Park in January 1992. Top of the league and facing a real test - Millar and Crabbe seal the game in a mad 90 second spell. More bedlam.

Sitting in first-year geography and hearing John Robertson was back.

The night somebody 'saw' Gullit. Never been so excited.

Having a smoke in the garage with the heat from the tumble dryer keeping me warm when Robbie scored in Basle. I think they heard me two streets away.

Any more?

May 16th 1998:)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Just remembered another one.

Colquhoun late winner at Pittodrie in 1986. I was 9 and didn't think anybody ever won at Aberdeen.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Also, does anybody remember going 2-0 up against Athletico Madrid? That was superb. There was another midweek game around the same time where we were 2-0 down to Rangers at home and came back to draw 2-2. We had Mo Johnstone playing for us. Great night.

One for the slightly older set

George 'shuggie' Shaw's late equaliser when we were almost out of the cup up at Montrose ( feckin Montrose man !!! :mad: ) in 76'

I could have, and probably did, hug any and all jambos standing within 15ft :laugh:

King Vlads takeover,and the demise of the Pieman:)

A highlight 2nd to none for the majority of fans! As fan power won in the end!

We'll never see that again and I thank SOH and the others for making that possible!

The Mighty Thor

Derek O'Connor's winner in the 2-1 win at the San Giro in the 'Frankie Says.....' derby.

A great day in the Dunbar end.

Beating Rangers 2-0 at Ibrox on 28 Dec 1985 to stay on top of the table. Both goals from John Colquhoun if I remember right. Think our fans made up about half the gate that day.

Just for good measure we followed it up by beating Hibs at Tynie 3-1 on Ne'erday. Forgetting, if I can, about the last few minutes...that really was a great season following the team round the country.

Derek O'Connor's winner in the 2-1 win at the San Giro in the 'Frankie Says.....' derby.

Yeah remember that one all right......"agadoo doo doo...Hibees 1 Jam Tarts 2"

Remain Nameless

Wayne Foster

JC scoring twice at Ibrox 27th December 1985

JR scoring at Darkheid October 1985, first time we had won there since 1969

JC scoring winner at Aberdeen January 1986

JC scoring twice at Fester Rd October 1993

Any win against the Vermin

and on and on...............

Drylaw Hearts
King Vlads takeover,and the demise of the Pieman:)

A highlight 2nd to none for the majority of fans! As fan power won in the end!

We'll never see that again and I thank SOH and the others for making that possible!

That was indeed a joyous moment.

I recall talking to Lord Foulkes in Braga when the news broke that VR was on his way.

He was grinning like a Cheshire Cat at the prospect of removing the Pieman.

How times change.

Charlie-Brown

I was gonna post that too thor altho jimmy bone's winner just shades it. :)

Francis Albert

Donald Ford's 87th minute winner in the replayed Scottish Cup Quarter final in 1968 with 44000 or so inside Tynecastle.

Francis Albert

George 'shuggie' Shaw's late equaliser when we were almost out of the cup up at Montrose ( feckin Montrose man !!! :mad: ) in 76'

I could have, and probably did, hug any and all jambos standing within 15ft :laugh:

.. and George Fleming's similarly late rescue at the same venue six years earlier. It was the last time I left a game early, so missed it and had to climb back in over the wee wall around the ground to join the mass pitch invasion.

eddie fenwick
I helped to renovate the fence that night,sorry,i meant remove:)

the first thing i (and many others)saw hearts win,even if it was the 1st div

Being 1-0 up against wolves in the texaco cup final,thought i was going to see hearts win something still had a bit to wait though.

Loved both cup wins.

The 4-0 game at Hampden against Edinburgh shame is awfy special for a lot of different Hearts related & personal reasons.

I can also remember a fair few fantastic European nights.

Hibs at ER on their sh itty diddy parade was quite something and deserves a special mention. Couldn't stop laughing or smiling for about a week.

my first league derby - Hearts 3 Hibs 2, Robbo2, Bone 3.9.83

lots of good memories esp 85/86, even a young Kevin Gallacher for Dunddee Utd terrorising us but us just holding on for 1:1 draw

My uncle shug actually got to Graham Shaw (the scorer) before any of the players that game ... he was still in the 'hug' when the referee came over to get the match restarted :laugh:

I can remember being of primary school age and my Dad taking me to Starks park midweek to see us play the rovers in the cup (coca cola maybe). Being from right next to Kirkcaldy it was a priveledge to see my team so close to home and was the first time I had done so.

We were 1-0 down and I can remember us getting a free kick outside the box. I proceeded to cross my fingers and really wish for a goal as I would get pelters at school for not us beating the rovers. Robbo mustve heard me! He hit a superb free kick to ensure a replay and I have great memories of that moment. Dont know why but the sheer size of the away support and the atmosphere even when being beaten made me stick by this team from that day till this.

Phil Stamp and the aforementioned period of time between Zaliukas scoring and the Diddy Cup Parade at Easter Road.

Graeme Weir and Austin McCann at Tynecastle.

Paul Hartley and the Aberdeen semi in 96 at Hampden.

Those would be the only 6 occasions when I've totally lost it at a football match.

alwaysthereinspirit

That round was a nightmare. 2nd replay at Muirton I believe.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Phil Stamp and the aforementioned period of time between Zaliukas scoring and the Diddy Cup Parade at Easter Road.

Graeme Weir and Austin McCann at Tynecastle.

Paul Hartley and the Aberdeen semi in 96 at Hampden.

Those would be the only 6 occasions when I've totally lost it at a football match.

Totally forgot about the 96 semi. Amazing feeling after thinking we'd blown it again.

The Mighty Thor
I was gonna post that too thor altho jimmy bone's winner just shades it. :)

25th August 1984. it was some day. I was only 16 and can remember a huge brawl in the Dunbar end at half time, Jambos fighting amongst themselves ( a bit like JKB :)), with police hats flying up in the air and all sorts. Second half starts, the Dunbar end is rocking and when O'Connor scored in the last minute it was bedlam.

King of the North
John Colquhoun's 3rd v Mostar was another all time great moment for me.

Agreed - you can just about see me and my mates aged about 14 jumping about daft behind the goal, pinned up against the fence.

That whole Euro run was manificent, but that night stands out.

The CIS semi against der hun at Parkhead - at half time it really felt we were going to do them.

May 16th 1998 - crying like a bairn as the realisation hit that the long wait was over.

May 17th 1998 - shandwick place, then down to haymarket, then outside the ground, then Robbo's where Neil pointon and Robbo himself shared a bevvy with us, then a curry on Dalry Road where all the waiters had scarves etc on. Best weekend ever, bar none.

One of several four-nil wins at Easter Road stands out - dancing down the aisles of the top tier of the away end as we watched the hobos fight amongst themselves.

3 nil at Tannadice. 'And he's not praying!'

Scott Crabbe's screamer against fat andy goram.

One nil Bednar v der hun - Believe!

Later that season, going two up in 7 minutes against Celtic before the ref turned the game for them. If we had held that lead, we might still have won the league.

Austin McCann's screamer against Celtic - I had a fiver at 26-1 on us to win 2-1.

For different reasons, I'll never forget the moment, sitting in the Ettrick at about 1pm, when I gt a call from my mate telling me Burely had walked out. Thought it was a wind up until I noticed every Jambo in the place speaking into a mobile phone and looking worried.

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Shafting the vermin 4-1 september 73 my first derby game.

What a party in my house that night.

Graham Shaw ... but anyway, I remember that. Freezing night, wasn't it ?

Got to the Cup final without playing a top flight team I think, and had a few draws along the way.

Talking of Shuggie, the only consolation for the Hampden hiding in the final was singing "who put the ball in the Rangers net - Shuggie, Shuggie" ... all the way back.

Donald Ford's 87th minute winner in the replayed Scottish Cup Quarter final in 1968 with 44000 or so inside Tynecastle.

A Rangers supporter stuck chewing gum on ma heid that night!! B*****D!

Teuchterjambo

Brilliant - We turned up for school next day wearing strips/scarfs etc just a sea of maroon. We had music first thing in the morning, the teacher was just about to go nuts then he just shook his head and muttered something under his breath - we responded with the Hearts song - after all it was music !

Some more not mentioned yet

Glynn Snodins free kick. Everytime a goal went in before then everyone spent about 5 mins trying to work out the aggregate score.

Willie Jamieson's last minute screamer against septic

Billy Dodds trying an overhead kick and kicking the ball right in his puss and having to go off for treatment

Jose Quitongo against septic

Robbo's goal in injury time against septic

Robbo's comeback winner after the Sneddon lay off at Tynie

JC lobbing Leighton from about the half way line at Fester Road

Beating septic 3-1 at Tynie when Henry made THAT save from Tommy Coyne

Bruno and Salvatori cabbaging folk

Fuller against Well

Gordon's last minute save against Well

The way we were destroying teams in the first 20mins when Burley was in charge

The list goes on and on and on......

alwaysthereinspirit

These threads are the best. Picturing Jambos the world over trying to remember their favorite Hearts moment. This is why I'm glad Hearts chose me.

Imagine trying this type of thread on albertkiddismyherocausethatsawewevegoat.net:tongue:

25th August 1984. it was some day. I was only 16 and can remember a huge brawl in the Dunbar end at half time, Jambos fighting amongst themselves ( a bit like JKB :)), with police hats flying up in the air and all sorts. Second half starts, the Dunbar end is rocking and when O'Connor scored in the last minute it was bedlam.

That always seemed to happen down there.

Archived