3rd goal v Velez Mostar at Tynie

Robbo's free kick against Celtic in the Scottish Cup at Tynie

Crabbe and Millar at Parkhead

Foster at ER

Semi v Aberdeen '96

May 98

McCann v Celtic at Tynie

Qualifying for CL

The 1st derby after the aborted takeover. 3-0 at half time. Thought we were going to get 7 that day.

Scottish semi '86. JC peach of a volley.

New Years Day.1997. Easter road. 4-0. :)

Jimmy McNulty

Bus home after 3-0 Tannadice 1986. I really thought we were going to win the league. Even the Arabs were in awe of us that day....

For different reasons, I'll never forget the moment, sitting in the Ettrick at about 1pm, when I gt a call from my mate telling me Burely had walked out. Thought it was a wind up until I noticed every Jambo in the place speaking into a mobile phone and looking worried.

Bizarrely, I found out from a Partick fan who text me about it. Thought it was a wind up until I turned on teletext...

Favourite moments-

Cup Win '98

4-4 derby

Paul Hartley v Aberdeen to qualify for the CL

Going 2-0 up v Celtic. I had to leave that game for the last minute after Celtic scored the 3rd. Haven't left a game early since and hadn't left one early for years before then. Never been as gutted as that at the football. Still though, it was brilliant to see us winning 2-0 and having a chance of the league.

Less obvious one would be:

Hjalmar scoring the equaliser v Motherwell in the semi at ER. Hardly ever stood at matches before so this was great.

Even though we lost the game I loved the celebrations after the equaliser.

Jimmy McNulty
Bus home after 3-0 Tannadice 1986. I really thought we were going to win the league. Even the Arabs were in awe of us that day....

Cup Final 1998 (alhough we did win again in 2006, for me the heavy work we made of it took a lot of the sheen off the win).

The Mighty Thor
That always seemed to happen down there.

That was the day i realised that the best derbies are always at the San Giro.

This is p1sh, all this to-ing and fro-ing about Romanov.

How about hearing about some personal favourite Hearts moments. I'll start:

Allan Preston's opener in the 1993 Scottish Cup semi. Absolute bedlam on the terrace where far too many of us were crammed in. Rangers were at the absolute peak of their 9-in-a-row powers and only a game away from the Champions League final. I thought we were gonna do them that day.

Two minutes at Celtic Park in January 1992. Top of the league and facing a real test - Millar and Crabbe seal the game in a mad 90 second spell. More bedlam.

Sitting in first-year geography and hearing John Robertson was back.

The night somebody 'saw' Gullit. Never been so excited.

Having a smoke in the garage with the heat from the tumble dryer keeping me warm when Robbie scored in Basle. I think they heard me two streets away.

Any more?

Long ago, Gorgie Road end, Hun in the Cup, '68, Donald Ford 1-0 Huns gone as well as a very long unbeaten run. 44,000 in Tynecastle that night and most were in the Gorgie Road end with Huns climbling in "watch oot or we'll jump on yer heid...." The drunken wounded Huns being passed over the heads of the packed crowd to Paramedics on the track. Was young and very unpopular waving my scarf bravely at the massed Sons of William ****bags...:laugh:

A Rangers supporter stuck chewing gum on ma heid that night!! B*****D!

I just posted something on that memory. HOWEVER Tannadice 6-5 same season utter magic. The Hun were at Dundee FC same moment with a fantastically boring 0-0 from all accounts. It was a dangerous street to with DFC, Arabs, Huns and JT's "mingling"! Folklore said 2 Trains left back for Edinburgh at Half Time as we looked like getting a right gubbing? Any intelligence or memories of that one???

George Miller....:D

I just posted something on that memory. HOWEVER Tannadice 6-5 same season utter magic. The Hun were at Dundee FC same moment with a fantastically boring 0-0 from all accounts. It was a dangerous street to with DFC, Arabs, Huns and JT's "mingling"! Folklore said 2 Trains left back for Edinburgh at Half Time as we looked like getting a right gubbing? Any intelligence or memories of that one???

George Miller....:D

I got my first skinhead haircut that day!!

I helped to renovate the fence that night,sorry,i meant remove:)

So did I, Eggo, so did I...:xmastongue:

Archived