who's that guy on BBC One now next to Mcleod?

3inaBednar

funny I mind him from Edinburgh Uni about 5 years ago, he was dead set on being a journo then but think he had hit a few brick walls gettin some experience. Good to see somebody make it into the press and get on the telly, saw him at a lot of away game's. Who's he writing for or just a BBC correspondent?

funny I mind him from Edinburgh Uni about 5 years ago, he was dead set on being a journo then but think he had hit a few brick walls gettin some experience. Good to see somebody make it into the press and get on the telly, saw him at a lot of away game's. Who's he writing for or just a BBC correspondent?

He's the one that writes for the Guardian I think.

Drylaw Hearts

The Guardian, The Times and The Scotsman - I think.

I recognise the name from reading the papers just never realised it was the same person till I saw his puss on the gary kelly the now. If he's reading this (assume as a jambo journo he will come on here) congratualtions to him, it appeared to be his dream to get into journalism and he's achieved and back then he was a loyal jambo - I assume he still is and perhaps he could have a word and get the bloody scotsman group to stop printing pish if he's writing for them!

Kickback got a mention too

A few regular posters got a mention too. Can I name anyone yet even though they havent posted?:P

What have they been saying guys?

Just what the fans think about the current "situation" and mainly Ewen Murray's thoughts on it all. Seemed quite a balanced viewpoint TBH. Much hysteria that need not be but thats its not rosey either.

He was saying that the news in last weeks Tynie Arms was dominated by one of KBs top posters Sean never having attended Easter Road in his puff. So i was told in the Tynie Arms today.

He was saying that the news in last weeks Tynie Arms was dominated by one of KBs top posters Sean never having attended Easter Road in his puff. So i was told in the Tynie Arms today.

You are truly obsessed. And I still think you're a poster with two accounts too.

winston churchill
You are truly obsessed. And I still think you're a poster with two accounts too.

after your rallying call on radio scotland tonight for a full house against dundee hibernian.

i look forward to buying you a pint after the game.

portobellojambo1
I recognise the name from reading the papers just never realised it was the same person till I saw his puss on the gary kelly the now. If he's reading this (assume as a jambo journo he will come on here) congratualtions to him, it appeared to be his dream to get into journalism and he's achieved and back then he was a loyal jambo - I assume he still is and perhaps he could have a word and get the bloody scotsman group to stop printing pish if he's writing for them!

Indeed he does, doesn't just come on, but posts as well.

after your rallying call on radio scotland tonight for a full house against dundee hibernian.

i look forward to buying you a pint after the game.

Cheers TIS/Jerry! I thought no-one had heard it... :)

WRT myself, this is the current position. I'm currently applying for a loan from my college. If it comes through, I'll be up in a fortnight. If it doesn't, then given I'm living on ?90/week, I won't be. I really, really hope I can make it though: I feel very ****ty about not having had the means, and if I can't go to games, want to do anything I can to help from a distance.

We'll see, and I'll let you know.

Spoke to him a couple of times at Heartys games. Really nice guy.

Always have a read of his articles and they are always very balanced, informative and well written which is hard to come across these days.

portobellojambo1
Spoke to him a couple of times at Heartys games. Really nice guy.

Always have a read of his articles and they are always very balanced, informative and well written which is hard to come across these days.

He is the only person whose word I will read regards Hearts. If it appears in a paper under his name, whether a positive or negative story, then I know it is true.

Why can't we get these guys on the radio on a Sat afternoon instead of the red-top hacks?!

winston churchill
Why can't we get these guys on the radio on a Sat afternoon instead of the red-top hacks?!

because it's a weegie closed shop.

feck them and what they say or print.

no one likes us.........we don't care.

after listening to that you must be the poshest Hearts fan I have ever heard!:D:P

:)

I'm just English, that's all! Though another Kickbacker and mate of mine told me the other day that "Shaun, in all seriousness - everyone on there thinks you're just a posh, English ****". :D

The guy on after you is a typical weegie ******.

Not got a clue.

That show is a bit of a lunatic asylum. Hence why I figured I'd fit in perfectly. :)

winston churchill
after listening to that you must be the poshest Hearts fan I have ever heard!:D:P

i thought he sounded like a london barra boy.

Bomber Harris

Known Ewan for a good number of years, a trust worthy friend who doesn't bull jobby you when you call him for some info, Programmes, team sheets etc

The only downside to him is when he texts you at 12.30 am with a message reading something along the lines of "Heart Of Midlothian ****** Of Hibernian" !:laugh: oh and on more than one occasion.:evilno:

Anyone wanting to question my loyalty towards the mighty Glasgow Rangers and Heart Of Midlothian should maybe ask Ewan ;) (from previous thread)

Known Ewan for a good number of years, a trust worthy friend who doesn't bull jobby you when you call him for some info, Programmes, team sheets etc

The only downside to him is when he texts you at 12.30 am with a message reading something along the lines of "Heart Of Midlothian ****** Of Hibernian" !:laugh: oh and on more than one occasion.:evilno:

Anyone wanting to question my loyalty towards the mighty Glasgow Rangers and Heart Of Midlothian should maybe ask Ewan ;) (from previous thread)

I certainly don't question it, Bomber. Following on from the other thread, I do have a question fo you though: is your preference for Rangers over Celtic simply because of your political allegiances? I merely mean right wing here, and nothing more; but would imagine that must go for quite a number of Jambos.

Sean

I am not worthy; I am doing my bit against Dundee Utd by attending hospitality with 11 of my friends, hope you make it as all fans no matter whom are required to fill the stadium in a show of strength.

Keep up the good work am sure Iain Mac will be okay about you using his idea on the Jim Traynor show!

Bomber Harris

A cuple of good points made there Shaun, fair play to you for airing your views, not a lot of people can do that.

Did you mention to Jim you prefered Hibs to Motherwell ;):mw_rolleyes:

Well Therapist is of the belief he isn't a real Hearts fan, and is a pro-sellik journalist.

Sean

I am not worthy; I am doing my bit against Dundee Utd by attending hospitality with 11 of my friends, hope you make it as all fans no matter whom are required to fill the stadium in a show of strength.

Keep up the good work am sure Iain Mac will be okay about you using his idea on the Jim Traynor show!

Ah, but it wasn't Iain's idea - it was another poster's initial suggestion which Iain, to his great credit, is acting on. That's great stuff re: the United game, and as I've posted already, I desperately want to get there myself. Moreover, if there's anything I can help with from a distance, let me know.

A cuple of good points made there Shaun, fair play to you for airing your views, not a lot of people can do that.

Did you mention to Jim you prefered Hibs to Motherwell ;):mw_rolleyes:

Heh! Strangely not. :)

Guess The Crowd
Heh! Strangely not. :)

Shaun,

I'd like to hear what you said online, but no way am I sitting through Traynor's programme a time like this!

How far throught the programme were you on?

Bomber Harris
I certainly don't question it, Bomber. Following on from the other thread, I do have a question fo you though: is your preference for Rangers over Celtic simply because of your political allegiances? I merely mean right wing here, and nothing more; but would imagine that must go for quite a number of Jambos.

As mention previously my hatred for all things celtic does surround the religious and political issues THAT club have.

My very first visit to Parkhead was the Cup Tie in 1983, the seed was planted.

I have no problem what so ever with A Roman Catholic but i detest the celtic fans who hijack that religion and use it for other means. I detest the Irish Republican Terrorist organisations and their cowardly campaigns, however having debated it over the years (sensibly) i understand where they come from but yet again i detest the plastic paddies, detest the plastic Republicans who support the terrorists.

celtic football club are the lowest of the low, the fans are nothing but ****, unfortunately my brush that tarnishes them is a very big one and after over 25 years of listening to them and after the Rememberance Service silence/applause recently i may well carry my opinions to the grave/cremmy

My political views are both right and left, there are several issues on both sides of the fence that i agree with.... can you do that ?

Bomber Harris
Shaun,

I'd like to hear what you said online, but no way am I sitting through Traynor's programme a time like this!

just after 08.00 on the counter

Shaun,

I'm 8 minutes in, GTC.

As mention previously my hatred for all things celtic does surround the religious and political issues THAT club have.

My very first visit to Parkhead was the Cup Tie in 1983, the seed was planted.

I have no problem what so ever with A Roman Catholic but i detest the celtic fans who hijack that religion and use it for other means. I detest the Irish Republican Terrorist organisations and their cowardly campaigns, however having debated it over the years (sensibly) i understand where they come from but yet again i detest the plastic paddies, detest the plastic Republicans who support the terrorists.

celtic football club are the lowest of the low, the fans are nothing but ****, unfortunately my brush that tarnishes them is a very big one and after over 25 years of listening to them and after the Rememberance Service silence/applause recently i may well carry my opinions to the grave/cremmy

My political views are both right and left, there are several issues on both sides of the fence that i agree with.... can you do that ?

Sure, I understand all of that. I have left and right views too: essentially I'm centre left and very liberal socially, but I've believed for a long time that the NHS is a completely dead duck, probably favour a return to grammar schools (social mobility's vanished since they were axed), and to my eternal embarrassment, even supported the Iraq war at the time!

I'm a natural Lib Dem voter - but find Cameron's Tories perfectly acceptable, and am not sure I even want Labour to get in again. More generally, there's one thing about some lefties which really gets my goat. There are some who I'd describe as 'left wing bigots': they say they're in favour of tolerance and freedom of speech, but in reality, it's only so long as everyone agrees 100% with what they say! It's infuriating and ridiculous. I've often had far more enjoyable political debates with right wingers, because I love political incorrectness, and find they're often far more open and less inclined to offence about what's up for discussion.

Yes he is actually a Journalist (dam good one) though and not some jumped up fu.c4 face weedgie hack.

Guess The Crowd
I'm 8 minutes in, GTC.

Thanks Shaun, just listened to it, think I'll come down from Inverness for that game now.

(To pop into a different thread, the Spanish girl on the X-factor was indeed unlucky - and since this is a football forum, I have to advise that she boasts an impressive twin strikeforce).

Just like to say, "Well done, Shaun" :)

I thought your passionate, direct and straight forward call to arms was just what we needed to hear on the radio.

The way you were not deflected into discussing about the financial details but advised the fans to support the team (esp. at the Dundee Utd game) was impressive. Not to allow Mr Traynor to curtail your call before you finished your point was exemplary and I thought Traynor was also impressed, though hell would probably freeze over before he would admit it.

I don?t care where and what you post on other websites, you did good man, you did good. :fing10:

well done shaun.

I needed that (as everyone else does) back in Tenerife at the moment after being on a cruise last week and " out the loop " is a killer when you hear bits and pieces of negativity. After the elation of beating huns (taxi from Las Palmas to Playa Del Ingles at a cost of 100 euros return) then within a couple of days hearing we may be going bust and all sorts of rumours. having no proper contact is gut wretching (sea was rough too :mw_rolleyes:)

Seems to have calmed down a bit but not kidding on we have resolved anything I think we all know there is more to come, however we as fans can only spur on the team and make Tynie into what it used to be cos it is a morgue currently.

Hope many that maybe didnt consider going take up your call and we sell out v United AND make ourselves heard. More of this positivity please.

PS what was the trumpet after you attempting to say???

Archived