who's that guy on BBC One now next to Mcleod?

3inaBednar

I certainly don't question it, Bomber. Following on from the other thread, I do have a question fo you though: is your preference for Rangers over Celtic simply because of your political allegiances? I merely mean right wing here, and nothing more; but would imagine that must go for quite a number of Jambos.

That is so out of touch with politics in Scotland e.g. only one tory MP in Scotland

Charlie-Brown

Shaun if your a bit tam flint at the moment then you can use one of the vouchers in my ST that gets you a ticket for a fiver if you want?

Shaun if your a bit tam flint at the moment then you can use one of the vouchers in my ST that gets you a ticket for a fiver if you want?

Thanks Charlie - the problem's getting up to Edinburgh and staying over the night before, though. Fingers crossed my loan comes through!

That is so out of touch with politics in Scotland e.g. only one tory MP in Scotland

Yes - but it's not as though there are no right wingers in Scotland, is it?

Thanks Charlie - the problem's getting up to Edinburgh and staying over the night before, though. Fingers crossed my loan comes through!

Thought you would have been at the game today, Shaun?

Big game for both clubs. Nowrich need the points and Magilton is under a bit of pressure as well.

well done shaun.

I needed that (as everyone else does) back in Tenerife at the moment after being on a cruise last week and " out the loop " is a killer when you hear bits and pieces of negativity. After the elation of beating huns (taxi from Las Palmas to Playa Del Ingles at a cost of 100 euros return) then within a couple of days hearing we may be going bust and all sorts of rumours. having no proper contact is gut wretching (sea was rough too :mw_rolleyes:)

Seems to have calmed down a bit but not kidding on we have resolved anything I think we all know there is more to come, however we as fans can only spur on the team and make Tynie into what it used to be cos it is a morgue currently.

Hope many that maybe didnt consider going take up your call and we sell out v United AND make ourselves heard. More of this positivity please.

PS what was the trumpet after you attempting to say???

Thanks Heartbeat. What was he trying to say? God only knows!

Thought you would have been at the game today, Shaun?

Big game for both clubs. Nowrich need the points and Magilton is under a bit of pressure as well.

It's a huge game. But being skint goes for Norwich as well as Hearts. I'm going for a 1-1 draw, but we're winless in five against the binmen, and Roeder's probably only a couple of games from the sack if things go wrong.

Just like to say, "Well done, Shaun" :)

I thought your passionate, direct and straight forward call to arms was just what we needed to hear on the radio.

The way you were not deflected into discussing about the financial details but advised the fans to support the team (esp. at the Dundee Utd game) was impressive. Not to allow Mr Traynor to curtail your call before you finished your point was exemplary and I thought Traynor was also impressed, though hell would probably freeze over before he would admit it.

I don?t care where and what you post on other websites, you did good man, you did good. :fing10:

Thanks JJ: I really appreciate this. I quite like Traynor, but my God is he a curmudgeon! And, at the risk of the worst case of a pot calling the kettle black in history, I swear he was boring me to sleep even while I was on air! :eek:

It's a huge game. But being skint goes for Norwich as well as Hearts. I'm going for a 1-1 draw, but we're winless in five against the binmen, and Roeder's probably only a couple of games from the sack if things go wrong.

Never knew he was that close to the chop. Had a good little spell for a while at West Ham, have never rated him too highly though.

Would imagine it would cost a few quid to sack him as well. More money being paid out for Norwich.

Never knew he was that close to the chop. Had a good little spell for a while at West Ham, have never rated him too highly though.

Would imagine it would cost a few quid to sack him as well. More money being paid out for Norwich.

Indeed. He's not at all popular, treats the players like naughty schoolboys (he was in the press a couple of weeks back saying they'd been in "school for a day" after yet more defensive howlers), and his response at the recent AGM to a fan asking him questions about his management?

"I must have missed your time as England manager".

Roeder's an impact manager: he often produces short-term improvement, but at every club he's been at, things have gone rapidly downhill soon after. Most of Norwich's problems lie with the useless board, to be fair - but he has 30 points and just 8 wins from his last 32 league games. Roeder Out, Boothroyd (a former youth coach at Norwich) In, please.

"I must have missed your time as England manager".

/QUOTE]

Not the smartest thing to say to a fan. The boy might have been being a bit of a dick, but that does nothing for you when you need the fans on side.

Boothroyd? Not so sure tbh.

Warnock would have been an excellent appointment for Norwich - not much chance of getting him now though.

Not the smartest thing to say to a fan. The boy might have been being a bit of a dick, but that does nothing for you when you need the fans on side.

Boothroyd? Not so sure tbh.

Warnock would have been an excellent appointment for Norwich - not much chance of getting him now though.

I agree - but the board would never have had the ambition to go for him. They left Worthington in a whole year too long, and there was nothing in either Peter Grant or Glenn Roeder's records to say they'd be any good. The trouble with Roeder's response at the AGM was it was to your typical East Anglian country gentleman - and in one fell swoop, he turned the audience against him.

As for Boothroyd: well, he was a good or very good manager for getting on for 3 years; I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt over his final twelve months or so at Watford. His teams battle and fight, which is exactly what our soft-centred powerpuffs need to do - and he loves us, and always has very good things to say about us. Incidentally, the guy we very nearly appointed when Grant got the job was Aage Hareide, manager of Norway!

Ah, but it wasn't Iain's idea - it was another poster's initial suggestion which Iain, to his great credit, is acting on. That's great stuff re: the United game, and as I've posted already, I desperately want to get there myself. Moreover, if there's anything I can help with from a distance, let me know.

Originally suggested by Winston Ingram on this thread.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36734

I thought I was listening to Simon Cowell there.

:peepwall:

Wish I met as many hot women as he does...

Yes - and I hope neither you nor he minded me talking about it! It's a great idea, and exactly the kind of positive move called for I think.

Of course not - can't speak for WI but I'm sure he wouldn't mind either. Got some further press coverage lined up for next week.

Of course not - can't speak for WI but I'm sure he wouldn't mind either. Got some further press coverage lined up for next week.

Excellent stuff Iain.

Wildly off topic, but if you ever have such issues, chuck me a pm. Casa Del Husref could put up with a southerner for a night if required. ;)

Assuming I could get the missus to accept that!

Wildly off topic, but if you ever have such issues, chuck me a pm. Casa Del Husref could put up with a southerner for a night if required. ;)

You have seen his picture? :mw_rolleyes:

Thanks BH: that's really good of you. I may well be in touch!

Every marriage needs some spice.

You have seen his picture? :mw_rolleyes:

Every marriage needs some spice.

Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Innocent posts picked up by certain posters eh?:rolleyes:

My hack pal says the weegie journos can't stand Murray, he's so biased towards us it's unreal apparently.

His big pal is also the boss of BBC sport in Scotland - that's how he got the gig. He's only been in papers five minutes!

Makes a change to have a jambo there though,,,

My hack pal says the weegie journos can't stand Murray, he's so biased towards us it's unreal apparently.

His big pal is also the boss of BBC sport in Scotland - that's how he got the gig. He's only been in papers five minutes!

So who is your hack pal coming out with that?

Ewan is a friend of mine and I for one like to see Hearts being "stuck up" for once, not enough writers do. I'm sure he'd take it with a pinch of salt if that is what they thought of him.

Some of those so called "journos" through in the west would no doubt drink a glass of champagne if we were to go to the wall, they'd love for that too happen. In that I include Keith "where's the fake tan" Jackson and the rest of his buddies that strive to pen nothing but gloom about us.

He's only been in papers five minutes!

Hardly 5 minutes mate, I was good friends with Ewan 5 or 6 years back when he went down to Cardiff to kick off his Journo career. So your "5 mins" may refer to the 2 or 3 years he has been working up here but it does not reflect his time in the papers at all.

Regardless I reckon a 3 year stint deserves a bit more credit than "5 minutes", going by your logic Craig Gordon was only a first team regular for "5 minutes"?

Hardly 5 minutes mate, I was good friends with Ewan 5 or 6 years back when he went down to Cardiff to kick off his Journo career. So your "5 mins" may refer to the 2 or 3 years he has been working up here but it does not reflect his time in the papers at all.

Regardless I reckon a 3 year stint deserves a bit more credit than "5 minutes", going by your logic Craig Gordon was only a first team regular for "5 minutes"?

So you're equating Ewan's ability as a journalist to Craig Gordon's as a goalkeeper. Nice one Ewan, change your user name bud, you've been rumbled!

So you're equating Ewan's ability as a journalist to Craig Gordon's as a goalkeeper. Nice one Ewan, change your user name bud, you've been rumbled!

Close but no cigar! :)

badly drawn boy

Thought Ewan came over really well , as he normally does

As far as the weegie hacks are concerned , who cares about them .It is refreshing to have the views of someone with no old firm bias

Thought Ewan came over really well , as he normally does

As far as the weegie hacks are concerned , who cares about them .It is refreshing to have the views of someone with no old firm bias

That kind of was my point actually. Kid did well

Your pal knows hee-haw and the fact that Ewan knows Harron is neither here nor there. He didn't even meet Dave until he was well on the way.

Tokyo Drifter
funny I mind him from Edinburgh Uni about 5 years ago, he was dead set on being a journo then but think he had hit a few brick walls gettin some experience. Good to see somebody make it into the press and get on the telly, saw him at a lot of away game's. Who's he writing for or just a BBC correspondent?

He's freelance but writes mostly for The Guardian.

Archived