Isn't that what it's all about ?

Nope

Otherwise we would have accepted bids for Berra and Goncalves previously

It's about getting the right price at the right time

Drylaw Hearts
Nope

Otherwise we would have accepted bids for Berra and Goncalves previously

It's about getting the right price at the right time

Newcastle may offer the 'right price' though.

PresidentRomanov

I'm an eternal optimist, but Obua will never be a football player in a million years.

He's been training at the same gym as me for the last few weeks, and if you didn't know who he was, you'd never guess he was a football player in a million years either, he makes me look athletic :ohmy:

WorldChampions1902
Newcastle may offer the 'right price' though.

I can see Newcastle offering ?1.5m and our own 'mad one' holding out for ?3m only for Newcastle to go elsewhere. :mw_rolleyes:

Patrick Bateman

I love it how a couple of dodgy sub appearances have resulted in widespread condemnation from Kickback. Fantastic.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I'm an eternal optimist, but Obua will never be a football player in a million years.

He's been training at the same gym as me for the last few weeks, and if you didn't know who he was, you'd never guess he was a football player in a million years either, he makes me look athletic :ohmy:

I've seen you say that twice now ... what do you mean?!

PresidentRomanov
I've seen you say that twice now ... what do you mean?!

I mean he couldn't look any less like a footballer, what do you think I mean :mw_confused:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I mean he couldn't look any less like a footballer, what do you think I mean :mw_confused:

Well, you say he makes you look athletic. How?

Or do you mean he just doesn't 'look' like a footballer?

PresidentRomanov
Well, you say he makes you look athletic. How?

Or do you mean he just doesn't 'look' like a footballer?

My 14 year old son has more muscular legs than he has.

Think we need to look at it another way, if getting rid of Obua means we can keep Bruno, Driver and Berra then it's worthwhile is it not?

Think we need to look at it another way, if getting rid of Obua means we can keep Bruno, Driver and Berra then it's worthwhile is it not?

Yes.

Yes it is.

Captain Lithuania

He needs time to settle at one club and get used to our style of football. He hasn't showed his talent and should not be disturbed here. Laszlo won't sell him anyway, he has a thing for him, I think.

A player who has played what? 8 games? 4 of them as a sub.

Lets ignore the fact he's come from a different continent, never mind country, to play for us. 4 starts is clearly enough to adapt to any league right enough.

Drylaw Hearts
A player who has played what? 8 games? 4 of them as a sub.

Lets ignore the fact he's come from a different continent, never mind country, to play for us. 4 starts is clearly enough to adapt to any league right enough.

If Newcastle made a bid which suited Hearts - do you think we should turn it down or keep him because of the reasons you've given above ?

Not wanting to build up your or my hopes up.Was it not Newcastle that was looking at Jonsson as well.So with a bit of luck thats 2 not so good players away,hopefully letting us keep others until the season ends at least.:D

If newcastle are after Obua then they've obviously been watching footage of him playing for previous clubs or he's been recommended by someone that knows him and knows what he's capable of.

I know he's been pish for Hearts but i wouldn't be so quick to sell him on for half a million or a million. He might turn good and be worth considerably more.

Fozzyonthefence
To be fair, they didn't say whether it was a good impression or not.

Maybe, but why not buy him before we did? He's done nothing to enhance his reputation here.

Right, for a start, there is defo a player in Obua.He seems comfrontable on the ball and makes space to receive the ball. I think it`ll take him time to work his way into the team. Also we only have wallace and Obua to play left back, so it makes no sense to send the boy packing. However if a decent bid was made i.e above 1 million then i think it makes sense to sell him.

If Newcastle made a bid which suited Hearts - do you think we should turn it down or keep him because of the reasons you've given above ?

My post was clearly directed towards the people who've been slating Obua, despite not having seen anywhere enough of him to judge.

Of course we should take it if it suits, same goes for any player. The difference would be that he was sold for a decent profit, not because he is pesh. It is still too early in his Hearts career to say that with any certainty.

I would have thought so, yes.

:laugh:

Take the money and run.

Whatever we get will be pure profit.

Isn't that what it's all about ?

Is that you, Vlad?

Archived