Fill the stadium

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Tiberius Stinkfinger

As it says.......

Fill the stadium,support the team & alleviate the cash flow problem.

Problem solved ????

As it says.......

Problem solved ????

Don't think so.

The stadium was full for every game for 2 years while the debt was rocketing.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Don't think so.

The stadium was full for every game for 2 years while the debt was rocketing.

Agreed.

But that was while we had a dozen overpaid wasters.It would appear now the majority are on a manageable wage.

Surely if the stadium is full then neither the media or the hierarchy can criticise the supporters for not backing the club when the chips are down ??

As it says.......

Problem solved ????

Need 35,000 home average for it to mean anything!

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Only people I see criticisin or blaming the supporters, are fellow Hearts fans.

At the moment !

PresidentRomanov

Would you agree that supporters witholding financial support hasn't helped?

PresidentRomanov
Nope.

You less money coming into the club hasn't made any diffiffence to the club having no money, that's a good one :mw_confused:

I think it has helped.

We now have a half way decent manager and romanov appears to have taken a back seat in team selection.

Judging by the number of phone calls I got from the club at ST renewal time I reckon some of that was down to supporters witholding financial support.

An extra few hundred on the gate is not going to make a big dent in the clubs debt. As I said, when the ground was full the debt was still rising.

You less money coming into the club hasn't made any diffiffence to the club having no money, that's a good one :mw_confused:

you could not make it up :(:(

PresidentRomanov
I think it has helped.

We now have a half way decent manager and romanov appears to have taken a back seat in team selection.

Judging by the number of phone calls I got from the club at ST renewal time I reckon some of that was down to supporters witholding financial support.

An extra few hundred on the gate is not going to make a big dent in the clubs debt. As I said, when the ground was full the debt was still rising.

But what difference has having a decent manager and Romanov taking a back seat helped Hearts finincial problems?

Will you feel better if Hearts have a decent manager when they go out of business?

Read what I asked again and get back to me ;)

Drylaw Hearts

Would you agree that the Club has been financially mismanaged throughout VR's reign ?

Brilliant, a poster comes on and urges Hearts supporters to fill out the stadium in a time if need for the club, no dig at anyone or any fans, just a plea to come out and support the club in a time of need, and your response is the above.:rolleyes:

I am right behind the op, time for some to put their love of Heart of Midlothian before their hatred of VR.

Show the world, show VR/UBIG, show potential investors that Hearts fans are here in time of need.

Sell out the Utd game.

Heart of Midlothian

Flip of Hibernian

We'll support you evermore

PresidentRomanov
Would you agree that the Club has been financially mismanaged throughout VR's reign ?

Yes I would, do you agree withholding financial support doesn't help cashflow problems?

Guest JamboRobbo
Brilliant, a poster comes on and urges Hearts supporters to fill out the stadium in a time if need for the club, no dig at anyone or any fans, just a plea to come out and support the club in a time of need, and your response is the above.:rolleyes:

Feel free to show anyone else who is blaming the Hearts fans then.

Will you feel better if Hearts have a decent manager when they go out of business?

If Hearts go out of business it will be because of what romanov has done (and robinson before him).

I have put more than my fair share into the club over the years. My conscience is clear.

PresidentRomanov
If Hearts go out of business it will be because of what romanov has done (and robinson before him).

I have put more than my fair share into the club over the years. My conscience is clear.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Mostly but so called supporters witholding much needed finance hasn't helped.

If you had a conscience, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Yes I would, do you agree withholding financial support doesn't help cashflow problems?

Look gents, you are both right.

It is true that...

A) Hearts have been financially mis-managed and our now in more debt as a result

B) More fans turning up will put more money into the club and help to ease cash flow problems. But that is the fans perogative.

End of argument.

Hearts Heritage

The club has been financially mismanaged throughout it's History.

Boycotting Tynecastle does not affect Vlad but only the team we can put on the park. If fans don't buy season tickets it means we are unable to afford to keep the players we would like to keep.

The first to moan about us selling players will be the stay-aways. :o

FFS quit the blame apportionment - where does that ever get anyone?

Yes Hearts have been financially mismanaged but that is not the relevant point. The relevant point is that we are in trouble so now is the time for supporters to support the club, both in numbers in the stands and financial numbers. The petty point scoring on here where people glory in "being right", prescient or whatever in bad news as if it is a good thing is wholly inappropriate.

Look gents, you are both right.

It is true that...

A) Hearts have been financially mis-managed and our now in more debt as a result

B)More fans turning up will put more money into the club and help to ease cash flow problems. But that is the fans perogative.

End of argument.

If they announced that to be the case then it might just get a few more people along. However as things stand there is no evidence to believe the money would go to HMFC. UBIG are responsible for the wages etc and so I suspect any increased revenue would just go into their pot.

that is the fans perogative

If an able-bodied, financially healthy "fan" who lives in the Edinburgh area doesn't go, then he's no fan. Fact.

I don't think the thread should be taken as a dig at any individual posters imo what the op is saying we should all get behind the club the only way we can is by putting bums on seats , we are all aware why certain people won't return due to the mad one's mismanagement , but supporting the club is more important than who actually owns it . Parker mismanaged the Club , Wallet mismanaged the Club and CPR nearly killed the fn thing , the only constant is us the people who really care , the fans .

If an able-bodied, financially healthy "fan" who lives in the Edinburgh area doesn't go, then he's no fan. Fact.

Some would argue that a fan whose backing only extends so far as the first 10 mins of the 2nd half, is not a real fan. Fact.

PresidentRomanov

Correct Therapist :mad:

Boycotting Tynecastle does not affect Vlad but only the team we can put on the park. If fans don't buy season tickets it means we are unable to afford to keep the players we would like to keep.

If only that were true. The problem is we have signed literally dozens of mediocre players whilst persevering with others (Pilibaitis, Kurskis, Johnson, Hackett, Kanchelskis, Barasa, Ksanavicius, Klimek, Straceny, Ivaskevicius, Elliott, Mole, Kello, Basso, Balogh, Camazolla, Petras, Screpis), many on ludicrous salaries and some who we have been unable to shift to other clubs because of this. To pay their salaries we are now going to have to sell a few of our better players. Terrible mismanagement of funds.

let's forget about the finances for a minute. This team have put 5 straight wins together (hopefully 6 today!) and their attitude has been spot on, especially last Saturday. They gave me my happiest Saturday for a long time.

All this against a background of uncertainty when they don't appear to know if they are getting paid or not. People complain that the modern day player doesn't "play for the jersey" but these guys have done exactly that.

THEY deserve our support, irrespective of what anyone thinks about our current owners. It may well be the last time we get to see Bruno, Berra & co playing in the famous maroon - I don't know.

What I do know is they deserve our 100% backing and a full house against Dundee Utd would send a strong message to the owner, the media and any potential investor that at least WE still care about the Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Let's bury the hatchet, put all the squabbles away for one day and show our support by backing the team.

Back The Team Day - Saturday 20th December.

See you at Motherwell.

Drylaw Hearts

Yes.

But you and I could have projected that if the team wasn't doing so well that the attendences would drop.

Thats always been the case.

A lot of the Hearts fans that VR/Anderton/Burley brought to matches on a regular basis have been driven away again because of what has happened on the pitch.

We've got a hardcore of around 10,000-12,000 and the rest will pick and chose.

Nothing new there.

The single biggest culprit for our cash flow problem is VR.

He spent money the Club didn't have.

PresidentRomanov
Some would argue that a fan whose backing only extends so far as the first 10 mins of the 2nd half, is not a real fan. Fact.

Even if he doesn't go at all, he's paid for his ticket, so is doing his bit for Hearts finances, so I feel to see the relevance to this thread?

feel free to show where I blame the Hearts fans for our clubs problems.

Ignore (just like you did the smilie)the blame side issue, it is petty at a time like this.

On the topic point, do you feel it would be good if Hearts fans filled our sections of Tynecastle for the Dundee Utd game like the OP said?

PresidentRomanov
Yes.

But you and I could have projected that if the team wasn't doing so well that the attendences would drop.

A lot of the Hearts fans that VR/Anderton/Burley brought to matches on a regular basis have been driven away again because of what has happened on the pitch.

Nothing new there.

So to summarise, we're both correct?

Guest JamboRobbo
FFS quit the blame apportionment - where does that ever get anyone?

I was responding to a point made that Hearts fans could be criticsed by media etc.. I was making the point that "Hearts fans being criticised by media or others" is not in intself a reason to spend money, as I don't think Hearts fans are or will be criticised for their part in this situation.

Yes Hearts have been financially mismanaged but that is not the relevant point. The relevant point is that we are in trouble so now is the time for supporters to support the club, both in numbers in the stands and financial numbers. The petty point scoring on here where people glory in "being right", prescient or whatever in bad news as if it is a good thing is wholly inappropriate.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I'm comfortable I've done my bit.

Even if he doesn't go at all, he's paid for his ticket, so is doing his bit for Hearts finances, so I feel to see the relevance to this thread?

But he said that you are only a fan if you go to the game....but you are correct, it's not relevant to this thread.

Yes.

Nothing new there.

Are the club, by all accounts(no pun intended), looking to resolve those past mistakes, starting in January?

Guest JamboRobbo
Ignore (just like you did the smilie)the blame side issue, it is petty at a time like this.

On the topic point, do you feel it would be good if Hearts fans filled our sections of Tynecastle for the Dundee Utd game like the OP said?

It'll be good from a fotoball point of view.

From a financial perspective, I think any difference it makes will be insignificant.

Some would argue that a fan whose backing only extends so far as the first 10 mins of the 2nd half, is not a real fan.

They can argue all they want, but they'd be wrong. Fact.

But what difference has having a decent manager and Romanov taking a back seat helped Hearts financial problems?

Read what I asked again and get back to me ;)

i am convinced that if hearts go out of business it will be partly the fault of the hearts support and not just the ones who have stopped going but also the ones who just want to moan at the management/ownership constantly .

i mean SERIOUSLY WHY THE **** SHOULD HE BAIL OUT A CLUB THAT HE CAN NOT EVEN DARKEN ITS DOOR FOR FEAR OF A TORRENT OF ABUSE/ACCUSATION

the die may already be cast re the romanov era but from where i am sitting i can see no positive coming out off Vladimir Romanov passing unless someone else can pay/finance the dedt (and dont say the manager we have a great manager in sole control)

oh and lastly in the present economic climate you could buy a hell of a lot bigger club than us for the money you would need to keep hearts in there present state so why would any non jambo bother

anyway it may as i already be academic but if by some miracle mr romanov does want to/is able to stay the course maybe the fans should realise that we need to support OUR CLUB

People need to get with the situation as it now is not as it was 1 year ago or even before the crunch

anyway i am off to motherwell cmon the hearts :)

Personally I always like to see Tynecastle full as it definitely helps the atmosphere and the Utd game looks like being a biggie (at least pre January). However if your asking whether it's a good thing for the finances then I doubt it will make a jot of difference as any monies seem to go into a UBIG pot rather than help HMFC at source.

let's forget about the finances for a minute. This team have put 5 straight wins together (hopefully 6 today!) and their attitude has been spot on, especially last Saturday. They gave me my happiest Saturday for a long time.

All this against a background of uncertainty when they don't appear to know if they are getting paid or not. People complain that the modern day player doesn't "play for the jersey" but these guys have done exactly that.

THEY deserve our support, irrespective of what anyone thinks about our current owners. It may well be the last time we get to see Bruno, Berra & co playing in the famous maroon - I don't know.

What I do know is they deserve our 100% backing and a full house against Dundee Utd would send a strong message to the owner, the media and any potential investor that at least WE still care about the Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Let's bury the hatchet, put all the squabbles away for one day and show our support by backing the team.

See you at Motherwell.

Iain, this deserves it's own thread. I'll give you the honour of starting it.

That is not you saying there were some 'glory hunters' (only here when team is doing well) amongst our support then? :eek:

Have you moved to North Berwick?:P

Mostly but so called supporters witholding much needed finance hasn't helped.

If you had a conscience, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I sleep fine thanks.

If I knew that every penny that the fans spend on tickets and merchandise went to the club then I would agree that it hasn?t helped. Unfortunately that money and transfer money all goes to go to Ubig, not the club.

Guest JamboRobbo

See you at Motherwell.

Good post Iain I agree entirely with that. I feel the players have earned that backing.

I was responding to a point made that Hearts fans could be criticsed by media etc.. I was making the point that "Hearts fans being criticised by media or others" is not a reason to spend money, as I don't think Hearts fans are or will be criticised for their part in this situation.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I'm comfortable I've done my bit.

Some Hearts fans undoubtedly deserve criticism for abandoning the club when the feel-good factor ended. Apportioning blame to them is a waste of time as they?ll always find some justification for no longer financially supporting the club. However, I will never defend them for it, and I don?t think any fan who does stand by the club ought to either.

Drylaw Hearts
The club has been financially mismanaged throughout it's History.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

When VR took over the Club was around ?20million in debt and on the verge of selling the Stadium/Land to cover that debt.

We were told we'd have no doubt within months, then we were told several timeswe have no debt whatsoever and not to worry about it.

It then transpires that we actually grew that debt by 50% in a 2 year period to ?36million.

Now we can't even pay players wages on time nor can we pay them win bonuses for all their recent good work.

lets do what Ian says and stop this petty squabbling - it does my head in! there are more important things than petty points scoring.

To be honest, it wouldn't make any difference if the stadium was full or not, in the past, when it has been, it hasn't stopped players from moving on if the club want shot of them. Every player has his price and if Romanov feels he needs to sell players come the transfer window, he will regardless of how many people are in the stadium. At the end of the day, if we're being honest, Romanov couldn't give a monkeys about the fans.

Archived