The Hobos and the media must be wetting themselves at you all

wibble

Guest Fabuloso
Spot on mate. Mr Romanov's interfering got us a Scottish Cup victory and into the Champions League. Damn the man....:rolleyes:

He tried his very best to ****** that up too if I remember correctly. Let's not go down that road as CPR was in charge when we won a cup too.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert
It's up to the club how they get this message across - not me. Let me put it another way what has VR changed that would convince me to trust him with my money now? Or trust him at all for that matter?

No-one is asking you to trust your life savings to the man. What you get for a match ticket is to watch a football match... involving your team if its a Hearts match (I assume).

Let's not go down that road as CPR was in charge when we won a cup too.

Yes, but the difference is that Pieman wasn't "interfering" with team selection.

You're either a hobo :hobofish: or a plastic Hearts fan. If it's the latter, we really don't want you at Tynecastle.

How about simply going to support the team you claim to love and worry about twhere the money ends up later? IF the club has a cash flow problem, then every penny counts, so you should be willing to do your bit. Even without a cash flow problem you should be willing to support the team, one which is playing well ( one way of getting glory hunters back in Tynie) and put your minor greivance toward VR on the back burner.

Guest Fabuloso
No-one is asking you to trust your life savings to the man. What you get for a match ticket is to watch a football match... involving your team if its a Hearts match (I assume).

This comes back to principal.

Guest Fabuloso
Yes, but the difference is that Pieman wasn't "interfering" with team selection.

You're either a hobo :hobofish: or a plastic Hearts fan. If it's the latter, we really don't want you at Tynecastle.

Before VR started interfering we were sitting top of the league after our best start ever. From the sacking of GB onwards it's been counter-productive.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So, if people moan like **** about Vlad before he puts in in a real mess they're wrist-slashing, panic-merchants who hate Vlad more than they love Hearts, but if they happen to be right and Vlad does indeed run us into the ground they're still wrist-slashing, panic-merchants - only now they have to contend with being smug bast'rds who are taking pleasure in Hearts demise. Is that about right? I need a bit of help here. I can't stand Vlad but I love Hearts. In what way can I show that without facing the bind described above? Also, the irony of some people on this thread accusing others of indulging in an "I told you so" attitude is comically ironic. This entire thread is one huge back-slapping orgy.

Charlie-Brown
How about simply going to support the team you claim to love and worry about twhere the money ends up later? IF the club has a cash flow problem, then every penny counts, so you should be willing to do your bit. Even without a cash flow problem you should be willing to support the team, one which is playing well ( one way of getting glory hunters back in Tynie) and put your minor greivance toward VR on the back burner.

Correct! good post.

scott herbertson
I need a bit of help here. I can't stand Vlad but I love Hearts. In what way can I show that without facing the bind described above?

Go to the matches and shout for Hearts. Afterwards, send a shouty letter to VR telling him you can't stand him

:)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

But that is exactly what people do do. How many times have you heard anti-Vlad stuff at matches? It looks to me that people moan their gums off on here and then support Hearts at the games - exactly the thing you're telling them to do.

Guest Fabuloso
So, if people moan like **** about Vlad before he puts in in a real mess they're wrist-slashing, panic-merchants who hate Vlad more than they love Hearts, but if they happen to be right and Vlad does indeed run us into the ground they're still wrist-slashing, panic-merchants - only now they have to contend with being smug bast'rds who are taking pleasure in Hearts demise. Is that about right? I need a bit of help here. I can't stand Vlad but I love Hearts. In what way can I show that without facing the bind described above? Also, the irony of some people on this thread accusing others of indulging in an "I told you so" attitude is comically ironic. This entire thread is one huge back-slapping orgy.

This part's incorrect.

It may be childish to adopt a 'told you so' attitude however nobody's perfect! I'll happily put up my hand and admit to this. Others wouldn't.

Guest Fabuloso
But that is exactly what people do do. How many times have you heard anti-Vlad stuff at matches? It looks to me that people moan their gums off on here and then support Hearts at the games - exactly the thing you're telling them to do.

VR has the fans over a barrel. He knows the predicament we face. He knows fans will alway be there in some shape or form. Personally I think it's been a grinding process and the fans are no longer 'shocked' in the way they once were - hence little protest.

scott herbertson
VR has the fans over a barrel. He knows the predicament we face. He knows fans will alway be there in some shape or form. Personally I think it's been a grinding process and the fans are no longer 'shocked' in the way they once were - hence little protest.

protest is harder to galvanise when the person you want to protest about is 1,000 miles away

also harder when your team is winnng

Guest Fabuloso
protest is harder to galvanise when the person you want to protest about is 1,000 miles away

also harder when your team is winnng

100% agree.

This comes back to principal.

No, it comes back to principle. But then again it doesn't.

No, it comes back to principle. But then again it doesn't.

Just what I was thinking.

After you've consulted a dictionary for the difference between "principle" and "principal", you should look up "supporter".

The very basis of your argument is that the CPR crisis and the VR crisis are the same and this is what many people aren't getting. CPR for all his faults left it up to the manager to handle team affairs. This way the fans could understand what was happening on the pitch. At this point I was watching Hearts home and away irrespective of performance.

VR on the other hand has a track record of quite the opposite. When your team is exposed to unnecessary risk because of the owner's interference on match day you are able to recognise there may be problems. Well, some people are.

I didn't realise that it was Craig Levein who decided to offload any player who was worth a couple of quid. I always thought CPR forced Leveins hand. Ah well.

At least Romanov gets a fair price for our talent when he punts one of them.

Question for the panic merchants:

At what time since 1960 have the club NOT had a cashflow problem. I remember money being the root of all of our problems back to about 1976 when I first got a season ticket and all the stories tell me that it was just as ropey for years previous.

No chairman since then came into the job for any reason other than financial troubles.

Wallace saved the club from bankruptcy by selling Bannon.

CPR came in because Wallace had run out of cash and ideas and CPR's ego told him he could do better (guffaw!).

Romanov came in because CPR had systematically ruined the club financially.

It might be bad now, but it's is not one degree worse than it has been at every other turning point in the last 30 years.

If people look at the big picture they will realise that this club has always operated like this. It is part of being the club that is one away from the Old Squirm - you are always chasing your tail to try to keep up.

MacDonald Jardine
Nah - that was a personal attack on a naive poster.

Really?

Is it naive to choose to go and watch your team now?

At what time since 1960 have the club NOT had a cashflow problem. I remember money being the root of all of our problems back to about 1976 when I first got a season ticket and all the stories tell me that it was just as ropey for years previous.

No chairman since then came into the job for any reason other than financial troubles.

CPR came in because Wallace had run out of cash and ideas and CPR's ego told him he could do better (guffaw!).

It might be bad now, but it's is not one degree worse than it has been at every other turning point in the last 30 years.

If people look at the big picture they will realise that this club has always operated like this. It is part of being the club that is one away from the Old Squirm - you are always chasing your tail to try to keep up.

You're right. I hate what VR does but I also admire him for keeping us alive. CPR had Tynie sold and a move to Muddyfield. Many on here ( with Principles ) Have short to no memory. Where would we be today without VR? Certainly not 4th with a game in hand!

Yes, the guy may be mad .Yes he has caused untold bother with the GFA, the refs and the media. BUT you can't question the FACT that we would probably be playing in one of the lower divisions at an empty Muddyfield without him.

You're right. I hate what VR does but I also admire him for keeping us alive. CPR had Tynie sold and a move to Muddyfield. Many on here ( with Principles ) Have short to no memory. Where would we be today without VR? Certainly not 4th with a game in hand!

Yes, the guy may be mad .Yes he has caused untold bother with the GFA, the refs and the media. BUT you can't question the FACT that we would probably be playing in one of the lower divisions at an empty Muddyfield without him.

I'm not backing Vlad, he's an erse. What I'm saying is that people need to get their heads around the cold hard fact that our club has always been perilously close to bankruptcy. Vlad is no kind of pioneer or groundbreaker. We have always been financially rooted.

If you are going grey, bald or up the wall because of the current predicament then you are over-reacting - full stop. Your fathers and grandfathers lived through all the same ****** without losing the plot - you should too.

Hearts fans used to be made of sterner stuff. Too many lilly livered Gen Y's out there these days.

Bah Humbug to yiz all.

I dont recall any time since 1960 when the entire squad of players was not paid on wages day and this has now happened twice in the last 3 months

I dont recall any time since 1960 when the club was being taken to court for unpaid bills on average 10 times a month (check the weekly court rolls)

I dont recall any time since 1960 when there was cause like this to be extremely worried about the very future existence of the club, and I include the CPR and Mercer years in that.

I dont recall since 1960, a time when so many Hearts supporters were in complete denial that there might even be problem.

I dont recall any time since 1960 when the entire squad of players was not paid on wages day and this has now happened twice in the last 3 months

I dont recall any time since 1960 when the club was being taken to court for unpaid bills on average 10 times a month (check the weekly court rolls)

I dont recall any time since 1960 when there was cause like this to be extremely worried about the very future existence of the club, and I include the CPR and Mercer years in that.

I dont recall since 1960, a time when so many Hearts supporters were in complete denial that there might even be problem.

Pretty sure you'll find that various players left the club under a cloud because of non-payment of some wages or bonuses etc. I think Cruikie could have been one of them - other people will know for sure.

Also, if you weren't extremely worried about the future of the clun under CPR then you must have been in a coma. He took us beyond the brink mate. No denying that.

scott herbertson
Pretty sure you'll find that various players left the club under a cloud because of non-payment of some wages or bonuses etc. I think Cruikie could have been one of them - other people will know for sure.

Also, if you weren't extremely worried about the future of the clun under CPR then you must have been in a coma. He took us beyond the brink mate. No denying that.

We were within days of closure before Mercer and Archie Martin got involved - far closer to destruction than now.

john brownlee
He tried his very best to ****** that up too if I remember correctly. Let's not go down that road as CPR was in charge when we won a cup too.

wrong it was deans

portobellojambo1
I know that he previously did interfere (that I do know) therefore it's up to whoever at HMFC to convince me otherwise.

Not quite sure where you are going with this.

You are convinced that he did interfere (something you do know as fact, according to the above) but you want someone at HMFC to convince you otherwise.

Can one take it from the above that if you get a phone call from someone, anyone, working within HMFC saying he didn't interfere you will go back to games. Surely if you have decided not to go to games, you really need someone to phone you from HMFC to inform you he did interfere so you have an excuse to continue not going.

portobellojambo1

Disagree with the above OaG, if Mercer had not come in when he did HMFC would have gone to the wall within days.

As other posters have alluded to, and I am too young to personally remember, in the early 1980's HMFC were literally days from going bust completely and were regularly playing in front of sub 5000 crowds. Those were far tougher times than now.

I think there has to been a distinction drawn between the club not paying wages and merely paying wage late, which has been the case. Paying the players wages weekly is an absurd way to do so in my opinion, it leaves the club wide open to 'technical glitches' in weeks when cash flow is lower.

if Mercer had not come in when he did HMFC would have gone to the wall within days.

Correct.

OaG is a drama queen, nothing more.

Guest Fabuloso
Not quite sure where you are going with this.

You are convinced that he did interfere (something you do know as fact, according to the above) but you want someone at HMFC to convince you otherwise.

Can one take it from the above that if you get a phone call from someone, anyone, working within HMFC saying he didn't interfere you will go back to games. Surely if you have decided not to go to games, you really need someone to phone you from HMFC to inform you he did interfere so you have an excuse to continue not going.

I see what you've done there - very clever.

Firstly I know he did interfere as my mate headed up the marketing dept at Tynie until not so long ago. You'd be amazed at some of the things he's seen. Anyhow he's seen this first hand and has no interest in lying to me.

I terms of evidence to the contrary I guess actions speak louder than words and time will only tell. VR has made many idiotic statements therefore I don't know what creedence would be given to another one. All I know is that the club don't appear to be actively ding something about convincing stay-away fans toattend who are perhaps on the fence.

MacDonald Jardine
I see what you've done there - very clever.

Firstly I know he did interfere as my mate headed up the marketing dept at Tynie until not so long ago. You'd be amazed at some of the things he's seen. Anyhow he's seen this first hand and has no interest in lying to me.

I terms of evidence to the contrary I guess actions speak louder than words and time will only tell. VR has made many idiotic statements therefore I don't know what creedence would be given to another one. All I know is that the club don't appear to be actively ding something about convincing stay-away fans toattend who are perhaps on the fence.

Like what?

Guest Fabuloso
Like what?

Don't know. I don't work in mkting. I'm guessing increased level of communication would be a start. The way 'wagesgate' was handled was apalling. If VR openly came out and said how things were, what his plans were, and how he was going to implement them I guess things would be more transparent. At least that way people could then make a judgement call based on something more concrete. At present the mystery surrounding the club does it no favours.

All I know is that the club don't appear to be actively ding something about convincing stay-away fans toattend who are perhaps on the fence.

What like tickets for ?5 or free tickets when you buy a top ?

What do you want them to fecking do - get down on their knees and beg turncoats like you to come back ?

You don't fecking want to go back. Your performance on the 'Back the Team' thread proves it.

Away to Easter Road with you. We don't want your type at Tynecastle.

Don't know. I don't work in mkting. I'm guessing increased level of communication would be a start. The way 'wagesgate' was handled was apalling. If VR openly came out and said how things were, what his plans were, and how he was going to implement them I guess things would be more transparent. At least that way people could then make a judgement call based on something more concrete. At present the mystery surrounding the club does it no favours.

VR could personally come round to your house, and carry you bodily to the game, and you would still find an excuse not to go throught the gate.

Your " mate" has coloured your imagination to the extent nothing the club can do will change your mind. Now may I suggest you attend the games or stop posting on here, as you clearly have nothing to do but moan.

Guest Fabuloso
What like tickets for ?5 or free tickets when you buy a top ?

What do you want them to fecking do - get down on their knees and beg turncoats like you to come back ?

You don't fecking want to go back. Your performance on the 'Back the Team' thread proves it.

Away to Easter Road with you. We don't want your type at Tynecastle.

Communication is all I ask. ?5 or ?35 - this is not a driving factor behind my non-attendance - and many others.

VR could personally come round to your house, and carry you bodily to the game...

But that would mean VR going to Tynie.

Can't see that happening. He's a feckin' glory-hunting, johnny-come-lately.

Disagree with the above OaG, if Mercer had not come in when he did HMFC would have gone to the wall within days.

I think there is a distinction in that when Mercer took over, he was not the only show in town. Had it not been him it would have been someone else. Mercer was an opportunist in a time of economic growth under Thatcher and a culture that encouraged investment and entrepeneurship. There were others around. He was simply the best option. I dont remember the club being in imminent danger of failing to exist entirely. In serious financial trouble yes we were.In danger of ceasing to exist ?. I'd dispute that.

The club was also not in immediate danger of ceasing to exist under CPR either. It might well have done within a couple of years had we moved to Murrayfield but the danger was not immediate. Again there were others around on the fringes at that time. Not exactly throwing money at the club but certainly able to if CPR bailed and there was no one else there.

Compare that with the situation we are in now. An uncertain global econmic situation and a financial situation at the club that any buyer would be completely foolish to buy into, even if Romanov allowed it.

I beleive that, if the worst comes to the worst, a Hearts FC will be be able to start again in a new form, but thats not the same as Hearts changing hands. I believe that finding new owners to take over directly from Romanov is not now possible and I believe Romanovs only option will become to wind the club up, sell the stadium and walk. I dont believe we have ever had to stare that situation in the face in our history.

Guest Fabuloso
VR could personally come round to your house, and carry you bodily to the game, and you would still find an excuse not to go throught the gate.

Your " mate" has coloured your imagination to the extent nothing the club can do will change your mind. Now may I suggest you attend the games or stop posting on here, as you clearly have nothing to do but moan.

Excuse? I want to go back - that I can confirm. I dream of the day JKB posts are all football related!

Excuse? I want to go back - that I can confirm. I dream of the day JKB posts are all football related!

So can we expect a large flag( no flag debate please) that states Fabuloso is in the ground supporting the team from now on?

Well said sir.

I think there are far too many on here who are;

1. Not happy unless they're unhappy

2. Trying to prove they're proper Hearts fans by posting outlandish statements of worry and grief

3. Both

The ironic thing is that many of them that profess to being so worried don't even go to games because they've "taken a stand against Romanov". :rolleyes: Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

serious question do you think that maybe a culture of protest /moaning was set during the cpr era and maybe even before that and that has now became a really bad habit .

also can i add that those that wish to protest against our millionaire owner should look at where it looks like its getting Newcastle, take a deep breath and move on .

the whole world is being affected by the credit crunch as a club running on a lot of credit they/we need to grasp the new reality of the situation and cross our fingers, buy tickets and support the team

Like what?

check the rest of his posts out i would suggest a good jambo like yourself no longer waste a response on him in fact as he declared earlier he was not going due to the attitude of kickback posters i wonder what he is doing on here

ether a wind up merchant or a look at me merchant :mad::mad:

serious question do you think that maybe a culture of protest /moaning was set during the cpr era and maybe even before that and that has now became a really bad habit .

That's an excellent question. I hadn't really considered that angle. What I would say is that the interweb has provided a previously unavailable medium for "fans" to wail and gnash their teeth in an attempt to demonstrate they are "better" and "more committed" than their peers.

MacDonald Jardine

also can i add that those that wish to protest against our millionaire owner should look at where it looks like its getting Newcastle, take a deep breath and move on .

the whole world is being affected by the credit crunch as a club running on a lot of credit they/we need to grasp the new reality of the situation and cross our fingers, buy tickets and support the team

In some ways I'd say the opposite. I think a lot of fans have been keen to give Romanov the benefit of the doubt because they were tired of the protests against CPR.

The other thing is it's not obvious what any protest would hope to achieve, other than letting Romanov know folk are unhappy.

Good point about Newcastle.

...The other thing is it's not obvious what any protest would hope to achieve, other than letting Romanov know folk are unhappy...

What did the CPR protests hope to achieve?

MacDonald Jardine

The real protest was against the sale of Tynecastle.

The real protest was against the sale of Tynecastle.

So assuming that the real protest against CPR was against the sale of Tynecastle and if the protest against VR was against his running of the club...

Archived