The Blame - Vladimir Romanov

siegementality

maroonlegions
we've got a big game tommorow so why don't we concentrate and talk about the game?

True, well said.Hope the players can focus and use their media anger on giving Murderwell a real good seeing too.:walk_man:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot
You've made a right shop front of running Hearts Romanov.

Putting aside all the "football decision" mistakes he's made, his financial ones are equally as bad.

I'll concede he made good money on Skacel, Hartley, Gordon and Bednar, but he's also blown lots of that cash. Feck me the money wasted on The Bullet and Pinilla take care of the Skacel, Hartley and probably the Bednar money as well. Fecking ejit!

A multi-millionaire businessman who bought a football club with ?20 million worth the debt and quickly turned it into a ?40 million debt. Fecking ejit!

Who sanctioned a shedload of some very "average" players to be on wages of ?10,000 plus per week, and a whole raft of youth players to be on ?1000 per week. Fecking ejit!

Who runs a bank but can't manage to ensure that funds are transferred to players accounts on time. Fecking ejit!

Face it Vlad, you couldn't organise a pesh up in a brewery, or probably afford one now either. Not only are you an ejit, it looks like you're a fecking skint ejit!

Spot on.

Andy in agreement with Siege shocker. ;)

Yes but a rich eejit who is probably keeping us afloat at the moment, what is the alternative as he has us by the short and curlies.

Some of you no doubt would like Hearts to go the way of Airdrie if it meant getting rid of Vlad, i disagree.

It's a rant when you put fecking ejit at the end of every sentence.

I guess it depends whether "fecking ejit" was a pertinent description of the person or the incidents being described.

If it is reasonable to link the description to the crime then I would say the language was more "flowery" than a rant.

I get more a picture of Father Ted than a guy with his veins popping allover the place :rolleyes:

chester copperpot
Yes but a rich eejit who is probably keeping us afloat at the moment, what is the alternative as he has us by the short and curlies.

Some of you no doubt would like Hearts to go the way of Airdrie if it meant getting rid of Vlad, i disagree.

I dont disagree with him keeping us afloat mate, but he bought into a football club like hearts thinking he could buy and sell the players he wanted as he fancied himself as a bit of a manager.

Thats the part he's made a shop front off, and we're now paying the consequences of this.

Nucky Thompson
I dont disagree with him keeping us afloat mate, but he bought into a football club like hearts thinking he could buy and sell the players he wanted as he fancied himself as a bit of a manager.

Thats the part he's made a shop front off, and we're now paying the consequences of this.

I think we are paying the consequences of the global credit crunch.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Exactly. He thought he could 'dabble'. He has a crazy, inflated opinion of himself. It's as if he believes he has this mystical ability to see and do things others can't - like when he said he "saw fire" in Rix's eyes, and also when he threatened to play for Kaunas to show them how it's done. He has been proved spectacularly wrong.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't want to go the way of Airdrie but VR certainly has to sell up.

We are not paying the consequences of anything. Everything we have now is more than what we would have had without Vlad.

As long as he's keeping us afloat, I agree with you: There Is No Alternative. Things appear to be gradually coming to a head regardless though - at which point, it'll probably be down to someone coming forward to buy us, and largely out of the fans' hands.

Putting aside all the "football decision" mistakes he's made, his financial ones are equally as bad.

I'll concede he made good money on Skacel, Hartley, Gordon and Bednar, but he's also blown lots of that cash. Feck me the money wasted on The Bullet and Pinilla take care of the Skacel, Hartley and probably the Bednar money as well. Fecking ejit!

A multi-millionaire businessman who bought a football club with ?20 million worth the debt and quickly turned it into a ?40 million debt. Fecking ejit!

Who sanctioned a shedload of some very "average" players to be on wages of ?10,000 plus per week, and a whole raft of youth players to be on ?1000 per week. Fecking ejit!

Who runs a bank but can't manage to ensure that funds are transferred to players accounts on time. Fecking ejit!

Face it Vlad, you couldn't organise a pesh up in a brewery, or probably afford one now either. Not only are you an ejit, it looks like you're a fecking skint ejit!

last time i checked under romanov we won the cup we are still at tynecastle third in the league still in the cup 5 wins on the bounce and beating the old firm at least once if not twice a season .

also our dedt is around the same as when he arrived

when i was fifteen we had trouble getting a safety certificate and were banned from buying players

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
We are not paying the consequences of anything. Everything we have now is more than what we would have had without Vlad.

The debt, the mediocrity, the divisions among the fans, being shunned by the owners, the number of managers, the number of keek players, the negative headlines, ill-feeling towards the club from almost everybody else involved in football. Did I mention the debt?

Yeah, we've got loads more under Vlad...:P

The debt, the mediocrity, the divisions among the fans, being shunned by the owners, the number of managers, the number of keek players, the negative headlines, ill-feeling towards the club from almost everybody else involved in football. Did I mention the debt?

We have a lot of that and more. We have a club.

Yeah, we've got loads more under Vlad...:P

I think Romanov has essentially delayed the inevitable by three or four years, but that's about all. I also now consider him an even worse owner than Chris Robinson was - which is quite stupefying.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
last time i checked under romanov we won the cup we are still at tynecastle third in the league still in the cup 5 wins on the bounce and beating the old firm at least once if not twice a season .

also our dedt is around the same as when he arrived

when i was fifteen we had trouble getting a safety certificate and were banned from buying players

Agree somewhat.

At every club there comes a point where the owner has come to the end of the road, no matter how much success he achieved. I'm delighted that we're third after five wins in a row. But surely we've reached the end of the road with Romanov now. Whether or not there's an alternative doesn't make that not true - it might make it a moot point, but it doesn't mean it's not reality. We've known for some time he didn't have ability to take Hearts forward, now it appears he doesn't have the means. The best he can do is just keep the club afloat, tide us over until somebody else comes along. In which case he should put the club up for sale, not do anything stupid, and just wait.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
We have a lot of that and more. We have a club.

There's been some great stuff under Vlad. But when viewed within the context of what he proposed when he took over the bad far outweighs the good.

plus the fact that his record to date shows he's a man who has no loyalty, pride, honesty or ambition when it comes to hearts.

PresidentRomanov

Don't think there's any doubt Vlads made mistakes, but alot of Hearts "supporters" who've taken great pride in starving the club of much needed funds, have done their bit too :sad:

PresidentRomanov
plus the fact that his record to date shows he's a man who has no loyalty, pride, honesty or ambition when it comes to hearts.

Alot of our own supporters have no loyalty, so why should someone from Lithuania be any different :sad:

Don't think there's any doubt Vlads made mistakes, but alot of Hearts "supporters" who've taken great pride in starving the club of much needed funds, have done their bit too :sad:

Was this your point of view when Robinson wanted to move us to Murrayfield, PB? Fans didn't turn up in their numbers, we lost money hand over fist, and ended up about to sell our chief asset. What's the difference between then and now?

PS. Who exactly are "Hearts of Midlothian"? :o

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Was this your point of view when Robinson wanted to move us to Murrayfield, PB? Fans didn't turn up in their numbers, we lost money hand over fist, and ended up about to sell our chief asset. What, exactly, is the difference between then and now?

The only difference is it isn't possible to troll people from four years ago.:P

Genuinely cant see the argument there.

We have got an incredible attendance record this season considering we were 4th two years ago and 8th last season

The fans have shown incredible loyalty given the ****e we have put up with and the dire football that has been on display

Its actually remarkable we're still over 13000 on average given everything

The Hearts fans have actually bought Vlad more breathing space than he deserves

PresidentRomanov
Was this your point of view when Robinson wanted to move us to Murrayfield, PB? Fans didn't turn up in their numbers, we lost money hand over fist, and ended up about to sell our chief asset. What's the difference between then and now?

Being serious Shaun, my point of veiw was the same then as it is now, as much as I wanted Robinson out, the survival of the club was my main concern.

I nearly fell out with a couple of good pals over their decision to starve the club of funds at the time, all that could achieve back then - as is the case now now - would be to make a dire situation even worse.

Withdrawing financial support to a club in financial difficulty can't do anything else, can it?

PresidentRomanov
The only difference is it isn't possible to troll people from four years ago.:P

You seem determined to make up for it now though.

Being serious Shaun, my point of veiw was the same the as it is now, as much as I wanted Robinson out, the survival of the club was my main concern.

I nearly fell out with a couple of good pals over their decision to starve the club of funds at the time, all that could achieve back then - as is the case now now - would be to make a dire situation even worse.

Withdrawing financial support to a club in financial difficulty can't do anything else, can it?

That's OK. I entirely understand that, and agree. Boycotts are divisive and counter-productive, and it's imperative we pull together and get more behind the team than ever.

When i think of the Head Office of Ukio Bankas/UBIG i think of something of a cross between The Office building in Slough and Delboy's garage, with a few old computers, nothing really working and everyone looking at eachother wondering what to do next.

But Romanov has amassed a great fortune in his life and despite being a bungling, incompetent clown for his entire stewardship at Hearts, in there somewhere, there must be a brain, that knows how to become successful in business.

IMO Romanov failed miserably because of 3 things

1 - He thought winning the SPL would be as easy as winning the Lithuanian A-lyga

2 - He (or UBIG) did not have the finances to see it through

3 - He put his ego before the success of the club

IMO he lost interest ages ago and probably no longer sees Hearts as part of his plans. Why he hasn't sold by now, I don't know. But his rhetoric is of a child who played with his new toy and threw it away when he got bored. I don't know anyone who would know the last Hearts game he attened.

As I've said before my only hope is that the club survive this financial crisis (and lets be honest, thats what it is) long enough for him to sell up and us to move on. His attrocious decision making has led us into this mess and you have to hope he ****s off before he makes things worse.

I pray that HMFC somehow survive another disastrous regime (the worst yet in my opinion) .

I hope that Rodney Romanov has to follow in his father's footsteps and sell knocked of records.

siegementality
Alot of our own supporters have no loyalty, so why should someone from Lithuania be any different :sad:

Unfortunately the "someone from Lithuania" bought the club so he's not got much choice.

The Real Maroonblood
I think we are paying the consequences of the global credit crunch.

That's the fuuniest thing I have heard all day.

Drylaw Hearts

The Media and now the Credit Crunch - isn't JKB funny ?

The Real Maroonblood
The Media and now the Credit Crunch - isn't JKB funny ?

The worrying thing is that there are some on here that believe that to be true.

The worrying thing is that there are some on here that believe that to be true.

It hasn't helped, but it is just multiplying the problems we already had.

Still think it's shoddy management rather than serious financial issues.

Did the 'global credit crunch' bring Beslija and Makela (as 2 examples) to the club on ridiculous salaries or was it Keith Jackson ?

Was it the 'global credit crunch' or Barry Anderson who sanctioned the signings of Pinilla and Kingston ?

Can someone clarify if it was the 'global credit crunch' or Ewen Cameron who brought (or continued to persevere with) endless mediocrity like Pilibaitis, Kurskis, Johnson, Hackett, Kanchelskis, Barasa, Ksanavicius, Klimek, Straceny, Ivaskevicius, Elliott, Mole, Tall, Kello, Basso, Balogh, Camazolla, Petras, Screpis to Hearts handing out contracts like confetti and letting any old duffer pull on the famous maroon shirt ?

Did the 'global credit crunch' bring Beslija and Makela (as 2 examples) to the club on ridiculous salaries or was it Keith Jackson ?

Was it the 'global credit crunch' or Barry Anderson who sanctioned the signings of Pinilla and Kingston ?

Can someone clarify if it was the 'global credit crunch' or Ewen Cameron who brought (or continued to persevere) Pilibaitis, Kurskis, Johnson, Hackett, Kanchelskis, with endless mediocrity like Barasa, Ksanavicius, Klimek, Straceny, Ivaskevicius, Elliott, Mole, Tall, Kello, Basso, Balogh, Camazolla, Petras, Screpis to Hearts handing out contracts like confetti and letting any old duffer pull on the famous maroon shirt ?

See, there you go again. Don't swallow what the media want you to, magic: they're evil, and want us gone!

;)

Nucky Thompson
So the global credit crunch hasn't had a big effect on UBIG then? It isn't a major factor in Hearts finances?

The Real Maroonblood
So the global credit crunch hasn't had a big effect on UBIG then? It isn't a major factor in Hearts finances?

Where their finances not in a mess before the credit crunch?

Nucky Thompson
Where their finances not in a mess before the credit crunch?
Hearts finances weren't the best but UBIG weren't under any pressure at all.

Drylaw Hearts

A slight understatement perhaps ?

That's like saying Hibs Scottish Cup record isn't all that bad !!

siegementality

Can someone clarify if it was the 'global credit crunch' or Ewen Cameron who brought (or continued to persevere with) endless mediocrity like Pilibaitis, Kurskis, Johnson, Hackett, Kanchelskis, Barasa, Ksanavicius, Klimek, Straceny, Ivaskevicius, Elliott, Mole, Tall, Kello, Basso, Balogh, Camazolla, Petras, Screpis to Hearts handing out contracts like confetti and letting any old duffer pull on the famous maroon shirt ?

In fairness I liked those two.

Drylaw Hearts
You're coming over as a bit of a tit now DH.

Possibly.

But I've seen just about everyman and his dog get the blame for our financial position in the past couple of years yet there is only one person at fault here - Vladimir Romanov.

As much as he gave us a helping hand when we needed most - he booted us in the balls we needed it least.

In fairness I liked those two.

Aye, I wasn't being all that fussy who I posted, I just used the same random methodology that Romanov used when recruiting them !

Archived