SO WHERE IS THE CLUB STATEMENT ?????

Mr Quagmire

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My business partner spoke to larry in the bank today and asked if everything was sorted out and he replied 'yes but it doesnt look to good'

Make of that what you will i'm only passing on what was said.

Doesnt look too good ?

Depends on what he meant by that.

Did he mean the future doesnt look too good as in we are in trouble, or simply that what has happened this week doesnt look too good from a publicity point of view (I.e Hearts dirty linen being washed in public yet again)

Of course it isnt.

Michael Stewart along with most of the rest of our first team squad can go to any number of clubs and earn upwards of ?2000 a week if the worst happens

Hearts being in trouble and the worst case scenario happening only effects these players for as long as it takes to find another club.

What other feckin club can 13,000 season ticket holders, including YOU I presume, find huh ??

No they dont.

I may be wrong, but I dont recall the club saying we should expect a detialed financial statement today.

So Csaba telling the press the players got paid is correct.

A detailed statement , no. But to have a manager of a football team give a statement about financial affairs (on which he is eminently not qualified to speak) is beyond the pale.

Well done Vlad. A 'statement' is made but the club is still being dragged through the courts.

We actually cut his grass for him so not total strangers

Using Therapists example:

If my gardner asked about my finances, I'd deck him. ;)

Drylaw Hearts
Using Therapists example:

If one of my gardners asked about my finances, I'd deck him. ;)

A small edit.

Drylaw Hearts
I didn't say we were/weren't due them anything but you and I don't know the full story. I am suggesting they may have had later information or cause to believe that the payment may not now be due. I personally have doubts it is due if the award was for the remaining period on Webster's contract as opposed to a transfer fee - and do you know if we have received that money? If we haven't, is it appropriate for us to pay tiny old Arbroath?

For the final time........

Hearts agreed to firstly pay Arbroath ?26k in April then in July the amount was re-negoitiated to ?17k. In September Arbroath contacted the SFA about the non-payment. The SFA then inturn contacted Hearts and were told they payment had just been released and would be sent to Arbroath.

Why on earth would Hearts tell the SFA the payment has just been released and would be sent if that wasn't the case ?

Stop trying to find an excuse - there is no excuse Hearts are 100% in the wrong and when the SFA meet this week to discuss it we'll be told to pay or face the consequences.

My guess is they'll pay.

I also asked you the following question for a good reason and you have not answered

Do you know anything about our debtors' punctuality on payment or is that outwith your radar?

Nowt.

Why ?

when the SFA meet this week to discuss it we'll be told to pay or face the consequences.

I agree we should pay as we have said we would. However, if we are not technically due Arbroath any money (and I'm far from convinced we are) then the SFA will be in no position to order us to pay. I suspect this one will run and run.

Drylaw Hearts
I agree we should pay as we have said we would. However, if we are not technically due Arbroath any money (and I'm far from convinced we are) then the SFA will be in no position to order us to pay. I suspect this one will run and run.

Oh dear god.........................

If we aren't due Arbroath any money then why have to told them at least 3 times we're going to pay them ?

I listened to the Arbroath Chairman last week and he stated that both Clubs agreed that a 17.5% cut was due on any money Hearts received when the players registration was transferred to another club.

If this isn't the case and we've agreed to pay them then someone should lose their job over this.

Oh dear god.........................

If we aren't due Arbroath any money then why have to told them at least 3 times we're going to pay them ?

I listened to the Arbroath Chairman last week and he stated that both Clubs agreed that a 17.5% cut was due on any money Hearts received when the players registration was transferred to another club.

If this isn't the case and we've agreed to pay them then someone should lose their job over this.

I'd agree. I suspect Romanov was on one of his 'I'm the generous overlord' trips when he agreed to pay. Now with money a bit tighter he is probably reconsidering.

I'm sure that the Arbroath Chairman's statement is how he'd like to interpret the contract, but I'd be interested to read the actual document. Don't suppose that he has realesed it in to the public domain to back his claim up?

Drylaw Hearts

I'm sure that the Arbroath Chairman's statement is how he'd like to interpret the contract, but I'd be interested to read the actual document. Don't suppose that he has realesed it in to the public domain to back his claim up?

:frustrated:

If the document doesn't state what Arbroaths Chairman claims then why are we agreeing to pay them anything in the first place ?

Why did we release a statment in April stating Arbroath would receive their money soon if we weren't due them anything ?

Why did we renegiotiate in July if we weren't due them anything ?

Why in September did we tell the SFA the invoice from Arbroath has now been cleared for payment if we were still disputing it ?

Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ?

:frustrated:

If the document doesn't state what Arbroaths Chairman claims then why are we agreeing to pay them anything in the first place ?

Because, as with many fans, perhaps Romanov thought it was the morally right thing to do and was a chance for him to present himself as a friend of the little club again.

Why did we release a statment in April stating Arbroath would receive their money soon if we weren't due them anything ?

See above.

Why did we renegiotiate in July if we weren't due them anything ?

Did we? Have you got a source for this? Must have been whilst I was on holiday.

Why in September did we tell the SFA the invoice from Arbroath has now been cleared for payment if we were still disputing it ?

Clearly we were lying. Not sure if the why matters.

Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ?

What are your answers to the above questions?

First it was Drylaw Hibee; now it's Drylaw Red Lichtie! :biggrin:

Only joking mate: I agree pretty much with everything you've said on this.

Drylaw Hearts
What are your answers to the above questions?

Because that is when Arbroath first started to make it public they hadn't received their cut.

Did we? Have you got a source for this?

The Arbroath Chairman stated last week that they renegoitiated the deal and a new invoice was sent at Hearts request on August 1st

Clearly we were lying. Not sure if the why matters.

Why would we lie about sending money ?

Drylaw Hearts
First it was Drylaw Hibee; now it's Drylaw Red Lichtie! :biggrin:

Only joking mate: I agree pretty much with everything you've said on this.

:D

Of course it isnt.

Michael Stewart along with most of the rest of our first team squad can go to any number of clubs and earn upwards of ?2000 a week if the worst happens

Hearts being in trouble and the worst case scenario happening only effects these players for as long as it takes to find another club.

What other feckin club can 13,000 season ticket holders, including YOU I presume, find huh ??

Bit unfair. Michael Stewart is a Hearts man just like any one of our ST holders.

For the final time........

Hearts agreed to firstly pay Arbroath ?26k in April then in July the amount was re-negoitiated to ?17k. In September Arbroath contacted the SFA about the non-payment. The SFA then inturn contacted Hearts and were told they payment had just been released and would be sent to Arbroath.

Why on earth would Hearts tell the SFA the payment has just been released and would be sent if that wasn't the case ?

Stop trying to find an excuse - there is no excuse Hearts are 100% in the wrong and when the SFA meet this week to discuss it we'll be told to pay or face the consequences.

My guess is they'll pay.

Nowt.

Why ?

You are clearly someone with all the undisputed certain facts at your fingertips and ever ready to savage the club at any opportunity. So tell me if HMFC have received what they were due to receive and when. You are putting two and two together and trying to bully others into submission but the truth is that you're only going by what the media reports and hearsay. You simply do not know! Arbroath may choose to conduct their business via the media but others may choose to do it in a more dignified manner.

If HMFC have not received their whack, I'm sure you'll agree they should not be forced to pay anything due to Arbroath until they do.

More generally Hearts do not shout from the rooftops about monies owed to them and if they did you might take a different view of things regarding apparent cash flow problems. Meantime you are proceeding with one side of the story.

Drylaw Hearts
You are clearly someone with all the undisputed certain facts at your fingertips and ever ready to savage the club at any opportunity. So tell me if HMFC have received what they were due to receive and when. You are putting two and two together and trying to bully others into submission but the truth is that you're only going by what the media reports and hearsay. You simply do not know! Arbroath may choose to conduct their business via the media but others may choose to do it in a more dignified manner.

If HMFC have not received their whack, I'm sure you'll agree they should not be forced to pay anything due to Arbroath until they do.

More generally Hearts do not shout from the rooftops about monies owed to them and if they did you might take a different view of things regarding apparent cash flow problems. Meantime you are proceeding with one side of the story.

Oh yes I do.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1295795,00.html

Enough.

southside1874

Hearts have been in financial trouble since before Romanov took over so nothing new there.

Arbroath had a sell on clause with Hearts, yet Webster opted out rather than Hearts sell him on. Even though Hearts agreed a sum, they do have the option of letting lawyers look at the contract and see if its void.

I work for a large company and for one reason or another bills don't get paid. There is an emphasis to always pay your workers on time as this helps keep moral up.

Do other companies have the same morals. Ubig are a large company and Hearts are run as part of this company and not a seperate thing. All funds have to be raised through the parent company and if directors are not available to sign cheques then they can't be paid.

Only when journalist go asking questions about any company will you find there is creditors waiting. This is no different to any company I have worked for or had dealings with.

Yes, in this current environment economically companies have to play things better and do things that the layman does not understand.

Romanov has had an instinct for business in the former communist countries, the same rules don't apply in the UK. We don't understand what he is doing because all we want is some sort of success, and when we near this then the press go off again.

Any time Hearts climb the league the press start the same pish. Watch next week how Hibs players get disrupted as they have just beaten Celtic.

southside1874

But Hearts never sold him on and the wording of the contract may dispute this!!

Hearts never had the opportunity to sell him he left and we received compensation.

Drylaw Hearts
But Hearts never sold him on and the wording of the contract may dispute this!!

Hearts never had the opportunity to sell him he left and we received compensation.

OMG.

I'm losing the will to live.

southside1874
OMG.

I'm losing the will to live.

Sorry mate, I have not read the whole thread, but a simple wording like....

Arbroath to receive a percentage of any monies after Hearts sell on the player..........or a percentage of monies received after the player has left???

Whether Hearts have issued a statement saying they will pay and a lawyer then says we don't have to because of the wording of the contract??

Drylaw Hearts
Sorry mate, I have not read the whole thread, but a simple wording like....

Arbroath to receive a percentage of any monies after Hearts sell on the player..........or a percentage of monies received after the player has left???

Whether Hearts have issued a statement saying they will pay and a lawyer then says we don't have to because of the wording of the contract??

This has been going on for around 8 months and as recently as September, Hearts told the SFA they were paying.

If there was any doubt over the contract I think we would have mentioned it by now.

southside1874
This has been going on for around 8 months and as recently as September, Hearts told the SFA they were paying.

If there was any doubt over the contract I think we would have mentioned it by now.

And Hearts have known for the past 8 months that they have had to pay their players in December and their water bill etc etc. Does not mean they will do it. 8 months ago there was other issues, someone picks up a bill and scrutinises and decides no.......happens all the time.

Drylaw Hearts
And Hearts have known for the past 8 months that they have had to pay their players in December and their water bill etc etc. Does not mean they will do it. 8 months ago there was other issues, someone picks up a bill and scrutinises and decides no.......happens all the time.

I think you're now clutching at straws.

Drylaw Hearts
Romanov should just put some fishing nets on the submarine and pay them in Haddock. :)

That's a smokin idea CB.

southside1874
I think you're now clutching at straws.

If I'm indeed clutching at any straws, one thing remains a constant for me.

If anyone who is owed money by Hearts feel they are due it and are not getting it, then why are they not putting the club into administration by persueing it through the courts???

If things are that bad and they have been before Romanov took over are we not in administration.

You can believe what the press are telling you and you can look at the facts.

We would not be trading in the current climate if we where as bad as we are made out to be. Companies are going to the wall on a daily basis and a lot of them through media hype.

I'll eat my words if it happens to Hearts this week or year.

Charlie-Brown
That's a smokin idea CB.

I'm sure they'd settle for a barrell of swankies.......maybe vlad's just waiting for global warming, when the ice caps melt and sea levels rise romanov will be able to dock the submarine at gayfield............arbroath, coldest place in the universe.

Drylaw Hearts
If I'm indeed clutching at any straws, one thing remains a constant for me.

If anyone who is owed money by Hearts feel they are due it and are not getting it, then why are they not putting the club into administration by persueing it through the courts???

If things are that bad and they have been before Romanov took over are we not in administration.

You can believe what the press are telling you and you can look at the facts.

We would not be trading in the current climate if we where as bad as we are made out to be. Companies are going to the wall on a daily basis and a lot of them through media hype.

I'll eat my words if it happens to Hearts this week or year.

I don't for a minute think Hearts will go into Administration.

However......

If we are not due Arbroath any money then we should be the record staight very quickly.

If we are not due the 4 Companies that are taking us to Court this week than we will no doubt win the respective cases this week.

If we are not due Scottish Water any money then we should take The Sun to Court for slander.

IMO.....

None of the above will happen and we'll pay the monies due.

Again imo....

We have to stop giving the media the opportunity to have a go at us by getting our house in order.

When our house is in order they'll move onto their next victim.

Drylaw Hearts
I'm sure they'd settle for a barrell of swankies.......maybe vlad's just waiting for global warming, when the ice caps melt and sea levels rise romanov will be able to dock the submarine at gayfield............arbroath, coldest place in the universe.

:)

southside1874
I don't for a minute think Hearts will go into Administration.

However......

If we are not due Arbroath any money then we should be the record staight very quickly.

If we are not due the 4 Companies that are taking us to Court this week than we will no doubt win the respective cases this week.

If we are not due Scottish Water any money then we should take The Sun to Court for slander.

IMO.....

None of the above will happen and we'll pay the monies due.

Again imo....

We have to stop giving the media the opportunity to have a go at us by getting our house in order.

When our house is in order they'll move onto their next victim.

When you start up any company, please send me a message. I would love to work for a company like you have in mind.

Any company is only the worth of the folk who work for them, and while the good folk at Tynecastle obviously try their hardest, its great to know that the folk who support the club are right behind them.

You good sir should maybe have a good look at yourself and ask if you are worthy of supporting such a great club.

There is no doubt that there is difficulties at any business, if you have a mobile phone or indeed deal with any business through your day to day life, then you will know that companies and people who work for companies get things wrong.

The current media hype and the restraints put on the cash flow of Hearts make it very difficult for anyone to work in that environment. The folk at Hearts have done a great job and some fans will look for negatives.

Why don't you give a bit praise to these folk. I don't give a ***** about Arbroath and if they don't get paid then so be it. In my opinion Andy Webster should give Arbroath the money but he will seel Arbroath down the river as well as Hearts.

Whatever is going on at Tynie, they need our support and they need us to believe in whats happening as they obviously do.

Drylaw Hearts
When you start up any company, please send me a message. I would love to work for a company like you have in mind.

Any company is only the worth of the folk who work for them, and while the good folk at Tynecastle obviously try their hardest, its great to know that the folk who support the club are right behind them.

You good sir should maybe have a good look at yourself and ask if you are worthy of supporting such a great club.

There is no doubt that there is difficulties at any business, if you have a mobile phone or indeed deal with any business through your day to day life, then you will know that companies and people who work for companies get things wrong.

The current media hype and the restraints put on the cash flow of Hearts make it very difficult for anyone to work in that environment. The folk at Hearts have done a great job and some fans will look for negatives.

Why don't you give a bit praise to these folk. I don't give a ***** about Arbroath and if they don't get paid then so be it. In my opinion Andy Webster should give Arbroath the money but he will seel Arbroath down the river as well as Hearts.

Whatever is going on at Tynie, they need our support and they need us to believe in whats happening as they obviously do.

They get my support by me paying ?450 upfront for a Platinum Season Ticket.

What they don't get is my support in not paying companies a fraction of thier size and possibly jepordising their very existence.

Thousands of small business's go bust every year because bigger companies do not pay them on time.

I cannot praise Hearts for not paying their bills on time and I don't see how anyone possibly could.

I also think you would have a different opinion if Hearts were due you money for a service carried out months and months ago.

And I'm sure you would be only too happy to go to the inconvenience of having to go to Court to eventually get your money.

Or am I wrong in thinking that ?

southside1874
They get my support by me paying ?450 upfront for a Platinum Season Ticket.

What they don't get is my support in not paying companies a fraction of thier size and possibly jepordising their very existence.

Thousands of small business's go bust every year because bigger companies do not pay them on time.

I cannot praise Hearts for not paying their bills on time and I don't see how anyone possibly could.

I also think you would have a different opinion if Hearts were due you money for a service carried out months and months ago.

And I'm sure you would be only too happy to go to the inconvenience of having to go to Court to eventually get your money.

Or am I wrong in thinking that ?

If you wish that these companies get paid and that Hearts go to the wall then thats your wish. When bigger clubs come in and buy our players do you like what they do. Do you think Hearts and Ubig get their bills paid on time?? Do you not see that when Hearts climb the league or beat the weegies that this pish starts all the time.

Look at the fiasco about Webster going to Wigan then ending up at Rangers..........is that honest business??????

The whole thing stinks and if anyone has any guilt about it its not Hearts.

Drylaw Hearts
If you wish that these companies get paid and that Hearts go to the wall then thats your wish. When bigger clubs come in and buy our players do you like what they do. Do you think Hearts and Ubig get their bills paid on time?? Do you not see that when Hearts climb the league or beat the weegies that this pish starts all the time.

I was happy to debate with you until that ludicrus last sentence.

Look at the fiasco about Webster going to Wigan then ending up at Rangers..........is that honest business??????

The whole thing stinks and if anyone has any guilt about it its not Hearts.

That is a completely different subject altogether and you really are now clutching at straws in an attempt to win this debate.

southside1874
I was happy to debate with you until that ludicrus last sentence.

That is a completely different subject altogether and you really are now clutching at straws in an attempt to win this debate.

I am not trying to win anything. The thread in question is about Webster and Arbroath and you brought in the morals of companies. Between Rangers, Wigan and Webster they DID **** Hearts over and if that boy had any decent bone in his body he will feel for the club that gave him his break. Arbroath.

Now while you want to get all sentimental about Arbroath when you accept that Hearts may be in difficulty, then thats up to you. I understand your fellings about paying bills, but Hearts have had the rug pulled from their feet and I have no desire to make it worse.

I totally understand if you wish not to carry on the debate as I see no debate as a Hearts fan.

Drylaw Hearts
I am not trying to win anything. The thread in question is about Webster and Arbroath and you brought in the morals of companies. Between Rangers, Wigan and Webster they DID **** Hearts over and if that boy had any decent bone in his body he will feel for the club that gave him his break. Arbroath.

Now while you want to get all sentimental about Arbroath when you accept that Hearts may be in difficulty, then thats up to you. I understand your fellings about paying bills, but Hearts have had the rug pulled from their feet and I have no desire to make it worse.

I totally understand if you wish not to carry on the debate as I see no debate as a Hearts fan.

This is my last post on this thread......

Whatever Webster, Wigan and Rangers may have done is now history and whilst we all have out theories at the end of the day there no actual proof of wrong doing or I'm sure VR would have done something about it.

We entered a contractual agreement with Arbroath and we should have paid them a long time ago.

By not paying them we are as low as the Clubs you think ripped us off.

If UBIG cannot afford a shiiiiity amount of ?17k then we should be fearful for our Clubs immediate future.

I say that as a concerned Hearts fan.

southside1874

There is no wrong doing by these clubs.........only a stitch up. Why do you think Webster has hardly played since leaving Hearts.

Like I said before DH, when you start up a company, let me know. I will apply for a job. You will run the best company I have ever worked for, the morals will be there for me...............how long will it survive.

Did you know Arbroath play in the same colours??

I will change my house, I will change my job, I will change my wife and I will change my bank but I will support my children and I will support my football team forever. No matter what.

Hearts have been in financial trouble since Romanov took over

Hearts have been in financial trouble since 1874.

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown
Hearts have been in financial trouble since 1874.

Buffalo Bill

Just about every decade in the history of Hearts on the club website mentions some kind of financial problems, due to debt levels the club even folded in 1904 and a new company had to be re-incorporated.

Archived