SO WHERE IS THE CLUB STATEMENT ?????

Mr Quagmire

Drylaw Hearts
Csaba at his press conference today said the players had been paid.

Not good enough.

We need to hear from someone who can tell us exactly what is going with the Clubs finances.

Preferably Vladimir Romanov or someone who is on the Board.

This uncertainty, bad press and non-payment of players and bills is doing the club no favours.

They need to keep the fans in the loop.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not good enough.

We need to hear from someone who can tell us exactly what is going with the Clubs finances.

This uncertainty, bad press and non-payment of players and bills is doing the club no favours.

Why? VR owns the company and if he doesn't want you to know he doesn't tell you simple.People on here have to seriously think before posting. I do not like VR, but if he wants to run HIS club this way, nothing you say or do will stop him.

Not good enough.

This is one of these catch-22 scenarios now though.

If someone on the Board or at UBIG comes out and says we are struggling for cash, then any transfer fees we may have expected in Jan may be lower.

Conversely, if nothing is said and speculation intensifies, then transfer fees may be lower anyway.

Rock and a hard place I think.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why? VR owns the company and if he doesn't want you to know he doesn't tell you simple.People on here have to seriously think before posting. I do not like VR, but if he wants to run HIS club this way, nothing you say or do will stop him.

At the same time, unless he wants to drive more and more people away, he has to show his paying customer respect.

It's a no win situation. Say nothing and the speculation grows and the press can pretty much print what they want. Make a statement and it will either be classed a lie (especially on here) or will be twisted into a negative anyway.

Drylaw Hearts

As a supporter who has a very, very small shareholding in Hearts it would be good to know where we're heading.

Is that really too much to ask ?

Francis Albert

To be fair statements in these circumstances are always tricky things. You can't produce audited accounts at the drop of a hat (even a Russian one), so anything you say will be looked on as unsatisfactory and for those who want to read it that way, a cover up. All of HBOS, Bear Sterns, Lehmann, Northern Rocks' etc etc made repeated statements, right up to days or even hours before their colapse, that their fundamental business was strong. It did them, and their customers, no good. Better be quiet and try to sort out whatever exactly the problem is.

Drylaw Hearts
This is one of these catch-22 scenarios now though.

If someone on the Board or at UBIG comes out and says we are struggling for cash, then any transfer fees we may have expected in Jan may be lower.

Conversely, if nothing is said and speculation intensifies, then transfer fees may be lower anyway.

Rock and a hard place I think.

I think everyman and his dog now knows we're strapped for cash and whereas ?1.5million was the last bid for Berra someone will attempt and take advantage of our position by now only offering ?1million to test our resolve.

The Club need the fans support but they need to tell us what our position is before expecting us continue to give money to the current regime.

If VR/UBIG want to continue as owner of this Club they need to be more open with the supporters.

Not good enough.

No they dont.

As far as I can see only the DR suggested a statement today.

No-one else.

Yet now the same people are stamping their feet demanding to know whats going on with 'their' club a while making up lists of the players to sell them on.

I may be wrong, but I dont recall the club saying we should expect a detialed financial statement today.

So Csaba telling the press the players got paid is correct.

Just because my girlfriend goes out with me, does not mean she has a divine right to see my bank statement.

And if she demanded so, she would be in the wrong.

Yet its ok for lots of 'fans' to gang together into a militia light their torches and shout 'burn him' if the club doesnt hand over its accounts to whoever asks for them.

My business partner spoke to larry in the bank today and asked if everything was sorted out and he replied 'yes but it doesnt look to good'

Make of that what you will i'm only passing on what was said.

I think everyman and his dog now knows we're strapped for cash and whereas ?1.5million was the last bid for Berra someone will attempt and take advantage of our position by now only offering ?1million to test our resolve.

The Club need the fans support but they need to tell us what our position is before expecting us continue to give money to the current regime.

If VR/UBIG want to continue as owner of this Club they need to be more open with the supporters.

Once more I ask you WHY? You and I know football fans follow their team through thick and thin. IF they want to run the club in this way what are you going to do about it? You can stop going to the games and ultimately damage your team or bundle along and hope things improve. The team are doing well, so it goes without saying the media will grab at anything to cause trouble. If you don't thinks so then where have you been for the last few years? Some on here love a crisis and if this story hadn't broken they would have picked up on something else.

Francis Albert
My business partner spoke to larry in the bank today and asked if everything was sorted out and he replied 'yes but it doesnt look to good'

It wasn't the same Larry that was on that plane to Alicante a few months ago?

Nucky Thompson

Larry should have told your business partner to feck off and mind his own business:rolleyes:

Larry should have told your business partner to feck off and mind his own business:rolleyes:

Good point Boo. If a stranger approached me and asked about my financial affairs I'd deck the nosy bassa. :mad:

Drylaw Hearts
No they dont.

No-one else.

Yet now the same people are stamping their feet demanding to know whats going on with 'their' club a while making up lists of the players to sell them on.

I may be wrong, but I dont recall the club saying we should expect a detialed financial statement today.

Just because my girlfriend goes out with me, does not mean she has a divine right to see my bank statement.

Yet its ok for lots of 'fans' to gang together into a militia light their torches and shout 'burn him' if the club doesnt hand over its accounts to whoever asks for them.

I don't care who suggested it - it still has to happen.

How can you expect continued support if you can't be honest and open with those you want to support you ?

Using your example :

How would your girlfriend feel if there were stories about your poor financial position being spread all over town ?

She then finds a stack of unpaid bills and when she confronts you about it you say nothing - not a single word !!

Do you expect her to say "It's ok Dr B I won't ask anymore questions and btw here is some money to spend on whatever it is you spend it on"

Or would she try and get to the bottom of what is going on because she cares for you ??

What would you prefer her to do ?

How can you expect continued support if you can't be honest and open with those you want to support you ?

Using your example :

How would your girlfriend feel if there were stories about your poor financial position being spread all over town ?

She then finds a stack of unpaid bills and when she confronts you about it you say nothing - not a single word !!

Do you expect her to say "It's ok Dr B I won't ask anymore questions and btw here is some money to spend on whatever it is you spend it on"

Or would she try and get to the bottom of what is going on because she cares for you ??

Another wailing and gnashing post. I asked you on the other thread WHY? Why does the club HAVE to tell YOU anything? If you don't like what the owner is doing, STOP going to the games,No? I didn't thinks so.

You or anyone else for that matter has NO right whatsoever to know what the club are doing. IF you can buy out VR do so and give out statements about every little thing including how many tea bags they use in a day.

MackaysCentreSpot
(Clears Throat!!!) Ahem, Sir.

I seem to remember you giving me it tight for expressing my opinion on a thread in the shed the other day! ;)

Sorry if I caused you any upset or offence in response to your opinion.

I humbly apologise and I hope you have a great Xmas and you get everything you asked for from the man in the big red suit.

:P

Regards

MCS

Using your example :

Sure, but there is also an element of trust.

And it would depend on who is spreading the rumours.

I dont see a huge pile of unpaid bills. I see a few problems with cash flow and late payments.

I also know a few people who are hard up and dont turn on them for it.

I would do what I could to support my friends, rather than turn my back on them to protect a few quid in my wallet.

To be honest, even if it was definate that the club was going up the spout. I wouldnt begrudge them my ST money to still be able to stand and cheer them on to show what support I could.

It may not be much, to me its a few hunder quid, but thats not that much for the privelidge of being able to support my team.

I guess some prefer bad mouthing them and saving a few quid.

Drylaw Hearts
Another wailing and gnashing post. I asked you on the other thread WHY? Why does the club HAVE to tell YOU anything? If you don't like what the owner is doing, STOP going to the games,No? I didn't thinks so.

You or anyone else for that matter has NO right whatsoever to know what the club are doing. IF you can buy out VR do so and give out statements about every little thing including how many tea bags they use in a day.

Wailing ?

Gnashing ?

Not at all jumbojimIQ52.

Wailing ?

Gnashing ?

Not at all jumbojimIQ52.

Oh funny retort. How about answering my question,or is it too hard for you? Words of one syllable suit you better?

You come on here wailing and moaning about not being kept in the loop. Shame,maybe you should sit in the corner and suck your dummy until the bad mr Vlad goes away.

south morocco

will they get paid next week??, who stays ? who goes in the window??is this the end for hmfc??? find out next week from your preferred red top!!,sorry just being dramatic !!!!!!

Thunderstruck

I would hope that those in charge of finances at HMFC and associated companies are taking the view that commercial interests are taking priority over what, by any standard, is a limited public interest.

I would also hope that they would make no statement regarding the personal circumstances of any employee. This, IMHO, would be quite wrong. All we need to know is that the company has honoured it's obligations in terms of payments to staff.

In any event, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It doesn't matter what Vlad or Campbell Ogilvie says as some will be able to analyse any statement and extract a meaning, clear or imagined, that suits their polarised view of events.

Drylaw Hearts
Sure, but there is also an element of trust.

And it would depend on who is spreading the rumours.

I dont see a huge pile of unpaid bills. I see a few problems with cash flow and late payments.

I also know a few people who are hard up and dont turn on them for it.

I would do what I could to support my friends, rather than turn my back on them to protect a few quid in my wallet.

To be honest, even if it was definate that the club was going up the spout. I wouldnt begrudge them my ST money to still be able to stand and cheer them on to show what support I could.

It may not be much, to me its a few hunder quid, but thats not that much for the privelidge of being able to support my team.

I guess some prefer bad mouthing them and saving a few quid.

Late payment = unpaid bills

FWIW....

I don't think we will go 'up the spout' and never have but I don't want them to get into anymore of a mess than we're currently in.

Drylaw Hearts
Oh funny retort. How about answering my question,or is it too hard for you? Words of one syllable suit you better?

You come on here wailing and moaning about not being kept in the loop. Shame,maybe you should sit in the corner and suck your dummy until the bad mr Vlad goes away.

It's too hard for me.

I'm away to sit in the corner Dummy.

Sorry, with my dummy.

Sook Sook

south morocco

looks to me like vladimir wants centre stage again after the team has done so well, without him ,or call me a cynic!

FWIW....

I don't think we will go 'up the spout' and never have but I don't want them to get into anymore of a mess than we're currently in.

Course not.

I cant see why anyone would.

Nucky Thompson
looks to me like vladimir wants centre stage again after the team has done so well, without him ,or call me a cynic!
I think it something deeper than that. I don't think he is deliberately holding back the wages to hog the limelight.

Nucky Thompson
I'm now convinced.

It's now officially a 'non-story' for the 3rd time in a few weeks.

Thanks.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. MS says it has no impact on bills etc because most things are paid monthly. He said every other club he's been at pays monthly.

I'm now convinced.

It's now officially a 'non-story' for the 3rd time in a few weeks.

Thanks.

Whatever MS has left of the 12k per week Man U wages probably helps!

Charlie-Brown

Poor guy cannae even afford razors by the looks of it. :)

I'm pretty sure Mikey has a large property portfolio in Edinburgh that he built up from the Man Utd cash.

south morocco
I think it something deeper than that. I don't think he is deliberately holding back the wages to hog the limelight.

me neither although a cashflow problem like this just doesn't happen because a company like ubig is struggling ,does it? you tell me ? surely in the grand scheme of things within ubig ,paying hearts players is not enough to trouble them in the short term?

Of course it is......

UBIG are struggling.

Thought you were going to sit in the corner dummy

Sorry with your dummy.

Just what FACTS do you have that UBIG/UKIO are struggling? Crystal balls maybe?

If you can't post anything but doom and gloom perhaps you should see your doctor for some pills. Maybe then you will cheer up enough to support the team you claim to love.

Drylaw Hearts

If you can't post anything but doom and gloom perhaps you should see your doctor for some pills. Maybe then you will cheer up enough to support the team you claim to love.

Not missed a game so far this Season jumbo.

FWIW....

Can you explain in real terms (not hearsay or supposition) what mess we are in? That should close down the discussion.

Drylaw Hearts
Can you explain in real terms (not hearsay or supposition) what mess we are in? That should close down the discussion.

Unable to pay employees on time (salaries and bonuses) aswell as creditors and tiny old Arbroath indicates we're in a bit of a mess.

Unable to pay employees on time (salaries and bonuses) aswell as creditors and tiny old Arbroath indicates we're in a bit of a mess.

Ah it's only a bit of a mess now. The inability to pay is prima facie a disgrace but we do not know the full circumstances (maybe you do) re the transfer of monies from abroad to UK and yes it should have been sorted out. There are many companies who get in a wages fankle without the money coming from abroad or the lack of funds.

Tiny old Arbroath - do you work for the Daily Record? They appeared to make an agreement in August and if nothing has changed we ought to have paid up BUT only have tiny old Arbroath's side of the story. I still think this hinges on whether we actually received transfer money or compensation for the remaining part of his contract.

Creditors and late payments happen everywhere and prove little. Do you know anything about our debtors' punctuality on payment or is that outwith your radar?

Drylaw Hearts
Ah it's only a bit of a mess now. The inability to pay is prima facie a disgrace but we do not know the full circumstances (maybe you do) re the transfer of monies from abroad to UK and yes it should have been sorted out. There are many companies who get in a wages fankle without the money coming from abroad or the lack of funds.

Tiny old Arbroath - do you work for the Daily Record? They appeared to make an agreement in August and if nothing has changed we ought to have paid up BUT only have tiny old Arbroath's side of the story. I still think this hinges on whether we actually received transfer money or compensation for the remaining part of his contract.

Creditors and late payments happen everywhere and prove little. Do you know anything about our debtors' punctuality on payment or is that outwith your radar?

Hearts have TWICE agreed to pay Arbroath.

If they aren't actually due them anything then we really are being run by idiots.

If they aren't actually due them anything then we really are being run by idiots.

I think that much has been obvious for some considerable time DH.:)

Good point Boo. If a stranger approached me and asked about my financial affairs I'd deck the nosy bassa. :mad:

We actually cut his grass for him so not total strangers

I didn't say we were/weren't due them anything but you and I don't know the full story. I am suggesting they may have had later information or cause to believe that the payment may not now be due. I personally have doubts it is due if the award was for the remaining period on Webster's contract as opposed to a transfer fee - and do you know if we have received that money? If we haven't, is it appropriate for us to pay tiny old Arbroath?

I also asked you the following question for a good reason and you have not answered

Do you know anything about our debtors' punctuality on payment or is that outwith your radar?

No they dont.

No-one else.

what a crap analogy. :o

Archived