OF GTF

jambojim52

Arrogant fuds. They'll be shown up for the dross that they are if they move down there.

Edit - Hehe. Should learn to read things properly. 2002. I'm assuming the move is now off...

Will never happen. Tey can talk and hold their friendly meetings all paid for bu others and their cosy little love-ins, but bottom line is Neither of the OF will ever play in England.

FIFA & UEFA are BOTH on record saying they will never sanction such a move. On top of that the SFA will require assurances that it would not affect the national team, and they also have to work out a deal in which money can still be generated for Scottish clubs.

Far too many obstacles and problems.

There was more chance of the proposed North Atlantic league (I think that was the name) being accepted when spoken about some time ago.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

We should have been tipped off by the talk of the "Nationwide League"! It's not been called that for a while!

Jesus, some folk and their time traveling antics!

i can also exclusively reveal that new white star line flagship 'titanic' has encountered difficulties on it's journey across the atlantic. no problems are envisaged... it's unsinkable.

going further back in time now.....

hibs in scottish cup win sensation.... more wins expected in the years to come.

Christ. I remember reading all about that en route to the play-off final. Norwich 1-1 Birmingham (aet); Birmingham won on penalties. :sad:

It's strange how all the talk of them leaving seemed to just melt away. I wonder why?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Christ. I remember reading all about that en route to the play-off final. Norwich 1-1 Birmingham (aet); Birmingham won on penalties. :sad:

It's strange how all the talk of them leaving seemed to just melt away. I wonder why?

Because the English don't want them! And why would they? They don't need the baggage they bring, don't need thousands of obnoxious, boozed-up Weegies invading them every week. The extra money the OF would bring in wouldn't, I don't think, really compensate for all the problems.

Plus, whatever league they would start in would have to have two less teams promoted into it that season! Can't see the clubs involved being very happy about that!

I have the EEN on my bookmarks, at least once a week I get these historic pieces. Today was no exception stories about Niemi wanting to be a Jambo for life, and Hibs not to go to Farmer all the time.

alwaysthereinspirit

I know it's an old story but it'll never happen. After last years UEFA cup final and the carnage that followed. There is no hope in hell that English police forces would let those animals roam the streets of England every week for 9 months a year.

Suck it up OF. It's Scotland or nothing.:P

I have a link in my browser to the EEN online, and that's what came up. Very strange.

Think you need to update your favourites! LOL

Because the English don't want them! And why would they? They don't need the baggage they bring, don't need thousands of obnoxious, boozed-up Weegies invading them every week. The extra money the OF would bring in wouldn't, I don't think, really compensate for all the problems.

Plus, whatever league they would start in would have to have two less teams promoted into it that season! Can't see the clubs involved being very happy about that!

Yes, I agree. But all this was obvious at the time. What I meant was, how come after a couple of years of all this talk, when everything you've said above already applied, it just went quiet?

We'd have to close Kickback because there would be nothing to discuss except football.

Pity it didn't happen, and it never will. And they'd probably have insisted on keeping their Reserve teams in our league still spoiling it for everyone.....

Certainly as much chance of the OF going away as there would be of Peter Mandelson getting back into government or a black person being elected President.

Archived