Cup Tie Moved

Salvatori5

PresidentRomanov
keep your money for the next round.

don't pump any money into the lochend wimbledon;)

It's the Cup, money's split :)

MackaysCentreSpot

I thought Sky had coverage of the SC.

Sky are covering our match yet BBC Scotland are showing the Rangers game live on Tues 13th.

Jambothroughandthrough

As I mentioned in an earlier thread.

The draw was flawed and there is more to come on this in the papers tomorrow.

I'm not aware of the detail's of the story but some real questions are being asked about the Scottish Cup 4th Round draw.

1. It would appear that all the balls were placed in the bowl in alphabetical order.

2. NS (home team) and GB (away team) can't stir the balls in the bowl because the bowl is too small or the balls are too big.

3. Peterhead....Queens Park......St Johnstone......Rangers....Raith Rovers are all pulled out the hat in that order.

4. For example......there was never a chance in hell of Queens Park getting a Celtic or a Hearts or Hibs because NS and GB can only pick teams at the top of the bowl because they can't get to the the balls at the bottom of the bowl.

5. Obviousily, once a number of the top layer of teams have been removed it gave NS and GB a wee bit more room to move around the bowl.... but not much. (you really have to see it to believe it)

The point here is that if Queens Park etc..etc don't get an equal chance to get any team in the draw..... in my opinion, it isn't and wasn't a fair draw.

SHOCKING

I'm not aware of the detail's of the story but some real questions are being asked about the Scottish Cup 4th Round draw.

1. It would appear that all the balls were placed in the bowl in alphabetical order.

2. NS (home team) and GB (away team) can't stir the balls in the bowl because the bowl is too small or the balls are too big.

3. Peterhead....Queens Park......St Johnstone......Rangers....Raith Rovers are all pulled out the hat in that order.

4. For example......there was never a chance in hell of Queens Park getting a Celtic or a Hearts or Hibs because NS and GB can only pick teams at the top of the bowl because they can't get to the the balls at the bottom of the bowl.

5. Obviousily, once a number of the top layer of teams have been removed it gave NS and GB a wee bit more room to move around the bowl.... but not much. (you really have to see it to believe it)

The point here is that if Queens Park etc..etc don't get an equal chance to get any team in the draw..... in my opinion, it isn't and wasn't a fair draw.

SHOCKING

At least they can't blame Alex Salmond for this one. :P

Didn't see it myself but if that is true it should be re-drawn imo.

SHOCKING

Oh please let this be true :)

SHOCKING

If it had an impact on either of the Old Firm then there would be a Stewards enquiry but as they have easy ties nothing will be done, you should know that by now Euan.

Incidentally what's it like getting the **** ripped out of you in the afternoon's by Steve McKenna?

Jambothroughandthrough
Oh please let this be true :)[/quote

I watched the draw about 10 times and it is shocking. NS and GB can't pick teams at the bottom of the bowl. Look at the first five teams that were pulled our.....PQRS.....end of the alphabet. Once those teams were moved out the way other teams then come into play.

If there isn't an equal chance for TEAM Y to draw TEAM A.....then it is flawed and NOT fair.

There has to be a re-draw.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Oh please let this be true :)[/quote

I watched the draw about 10 times and it is shocking. NS and GB can't pick teams at the bottom of the bowl. Look at the first five teams that were pulled our.....PQRS.....end of the alphabet. Once those teams were moved out the way other teams then come into play.

If there isn't an equal chance for TEAM Y to draw TEAM A.....then it is flawed and NOT fair.

There has to be a re-draw.

And that'll happen. :rolleyes:

Jambothroughandthrough
If it had an impact on either of the Old Firm then there would be a Stewards enquiry but as they have easy ties nothing will be done, you should know that by now Euan.

Incidentally what's it like getting the **** ripped out of you in the afternoon's by Steve McKenna?

The point here is that you have teams going through THREE rounds to get in the hat with the big boys.

They all want/dream of the money spinning tie/TV revenue....that come's with a good draw.

Unfortunately, they have not been given an equal chance to get that tie!

St Johnstone, for example, are at home to Rangers....the odds on them getting the Gers were huge.

Why should their odds be better than most others to to get the plumb draw/money spinner?

Jambothroughandthrough

And that'll happen. :rolleyes:

You're spot on Geoff.....it won't happen.

But that shouldn't stop us from bringing it to the attention of fans across the country.

Can't wait to see how the SFA are going to respond to this. The reaction of the smaller clubs could be interesting

SHOCKING

are you certain that there will be coverage of this in the papers tomorrow?

i trust you will not be neglecting to mention it yourself during the course of the day?

Jambothroughandthrough
are you certain that there will be coverage of this in the papers tomorrow?

i trust you will not be neglecting to mention it yourself during the course of the day?

Mentioned it on Monday (two hours after the draw) and discussed it earlier tonight as well.

Mentioned it on Monday (two hours after the draw) and discussed it earlier tonight as well.

how about the papers, real ones and red-topped comics?

i didn't see anything today. are you 100% that there will be coverage tomorrow?

Jambothroughandthrough
how about the papers, real ones and red-topped comics?

i didn't see anything today. are you 100% that there will be coverage tomorrow?

The Daily Record are running something. Not sure about the rest. I'd be surprised if it didn't grow some arms and legs over the next few days

The Daily Record are running something. Not sure about the rest. I'd be surprised if it didn't grow some arms and legs over the next few days

Well woohoo. I bet they'll be pointing to the injustice suffered by lower division teams! Instead, they'll just portray Rangers as the victims...

Ewen, can you stop hyping up the press coverage this will get, and just admit that there'll be a piece in the paper, then that will be it? So the SFA couldn't run a bath - what's new?

well cheers for that.

looking forward to the 2-liner hidden just under the bowls news then.

Jambothroughandthrough
Well woohoo. I bet they'll be pointing to the injustice suffered by lower division teams! Instead, they'll just portray Rangers as the victims...

Ewen, can you stop hyping up the press coverage this will get, and just admit that there'll be a piece in the paper, then that will be it? So the SFA couldn't run a bath - what's new?

Shaun, you're asking me to have a pop when I'm not sure how this will go or how much coverage it will get.

It deserve's a great amount of coverage, in my opinion, as questions have to be asked of the draw.

I've been asking them. Let's see what the answers are....before I answer your question.

Ask me again on Friday.....

Shaun, you're asking me to have a pop when I'm not sure how this will go or how much coverage it will get.

It deserve's a great amount of coverage, in my opinion, as questions have to be asked of the draw.

I've been asking them. Let's see what the answers are....before I answer your question.

I'd be more sympathetic, Ewen, if your show gave plenty of coverage to lower division clubs on a regular basis, and it wasn't the Daily Record in wireless form. I'd probably also take you a bit more seriously if, as a journalist, you at least knew where apostrophes are supposed to go!

Back to the actual game in hand, what are the chances of a supporter like me who has only been to one away game this season of getting a ticket, if any?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

There was hardly a big deal over the League Cup semi final draw so I can't see this one getting much attention.

Of course it deserves coverage, but like zillions of other things that go on in Scottish football, it's not going to get any. Not anything meaningful anyway.

I think you know that just as much as we do.

Jambothroughandthrough
I'd be more sympathetic, Ewen, if your show gave plenty of coverage to lower division clubs on a regular basis, and it wasn't the Daily Record in wireless form. I'd probably also take you a bit more seriously if, as a journalist, you at least knew where apostrophes are supposed to go!

Shaun, I don't want to get into a debate about the show. A phone-in can only go with the calls you get. Traynor....Talk Sport.....Five Live....You're on SKY Sports spend the vast majority of their time discussing the big teams chasing championships and those competing in Europe.

What is an apostrophe?:P

Jambothroughandthrough
Of course it deserves coverage, but like zillions of other things that go on in Scottish football, it's not going to get any. Not anything meaningful anyway.

I think you know that just as much as we do.

I said tonight....'I'm surprised the rest of the media havn't picked this up'.

I then got a call at the end of the show to inform me that they were going to report it.

How many newspapers? How much coverage will it get? I can't answer that.

I'd like to think that if it is only one paper tomorrow....then the rest will follow suit.

Shaun, I don't want to get into a debate about the show. A phone-in can only go with the calls you get. Traynor....Talk Sport.....Five Live....You're on SKY Sports spend the vast majority of their time discussing the big teams chasing championships and those competing in Europe.

Do you ask for non-OF and even non-SPL callers? Do you adopt anything other than the West coast 'party line' when it comes to the OF, or indeed Hearts? Meanwhile, I realise your question is in jest - but surely you want to do better than the naff show you're currently working on, don't you? I mean, how am I supposed to take something seriously if it features a Bebo page such as this? (Pay particular attention to the Wall: serious journalism, it ain't):

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5413619343

as a result of your inside track, would you be kind enough to furnish kickback with any juicy info that results from the appearance / non-appearance of this story? perhaps specifically of who knows what and which outlets are participating in one of their favourite habits.... namely self-censorship of pertinent news.

you would also prove your allegience to the non-believers. :)

Now now Shaun, my Mum always said you should not mock the afflicted.

I said tonight....'I'm surprised the rest of the media havn't picked this up'.

I then got a call at the end of the show to inform me that they were going to report it.

How many newspapers? How much coverage will it get? I can't answer that.

I'd like to think that if it is only one paper tomorrow....then the rest will follow suit.

Well, yes..but only because they can't be seen not to report it in some fashion if others have. But I'd put money on it getting no more than a few lines squished into the corner of the page, and then it'll just trickle away never to be mentioned again.

The call you received confirming that it would be in tomorrow...was it Keith Jackson?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

How about a wee charity bet JTAT?

If it gets a few lines you have to go on air tomorrow night and say something along the lines of 'attention all dirty weegies - you are the s*um of the earth and I hope your next dump is a hedgehog ya rancid feckers'

Well, yes..but only because they can't be seen not to report it in some fashion if others have. But I'd put money on it getting no more than a few lines squished into the corner of the page, and then it'll just trickle away never to be mentioned again.

The call you received confirming that it would be in tomorrow...was it Keith Jackson?

'it' doesn't communicate via telephone.... 'it' sends a poltergeist as a messenger.

Ewen to be fair I listen to Talk Sport regularly and mainly due to the fact that they give a fair amount of coverage to almost every club. They regularly have managers from the lower divisions and Scotland on, they also invite questions regarding these clubs. There is the usual Manu Chelski Liverpool and Arsenal stuff making up the majority however they do try at least to be fair to other clubs. It may be worth you looking to encourage debate about football from all divisions and not encouraging the scourge of Scottish football which is the bigot brothers. You may be surprised as to the amount of extra listeners you would get. Lets face it the argument that you can only answer the questions that you get is not correct as you set the tone of the debate.

I do however think your point on the draw is absolutely correct and should be highlighted, although unless it hurt the OF then nothing will happen.

Fecking Michael Jackson knows more about football than that jakey weegie clown.

Jambothroughandthrough
Do you ask for non-OF and even non-SPL callers? Do you adopt anything other than the West coast 'party line' when it comes to the OF, or indeed Hearts? Meanwhile, I realise your question is in jest - but surely you want to do better than the naff show you're currently working on, don't you? I mean, how am I supposed to take something seriously if it features a Bebo page such as this? (Pay particular attention to the Wall: serious journalism, it ain't):

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5413619343

That bebo page has nothing to do with us....there's a few like that floating around and there are some on Facebook as well.

We keep getting them removed....thanks for bringing that one to our attention

That bebo page has nothing to do with us....there's a few like that floating around and there are some on Facebook as well.

We keep getting them removed....thanks for bringing that one to our attention

Good, I'm glad to hear it. But it was the first thing I found when searching for 'Real Radio' - and I could've sworn the Wall looked exactly the same when I first discovered that page many, many months ago.

Archived