Hibs v Hearts - which is more important?

jambo191

Which game would you rather win against hibs?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which game would you rather win against hibs?

Take the 3 points in the league, draw with them in the cup and knock them out at Tynecastle.

The league is more important for me, although, it's a derby, we should want to win the game whatever the competition is, it could be an East of Scotland shield or Champions League Final, it's Hearts v Hibs, a double (or possibly triple) header, let's beat them no matter what the competition is.

The Cup.

I want three in a row and I want it at their gaff.

Realistically, the only game that can top this for me this season would be The Final of the same competition.

Can't come quick enough.

There aren't many things worse than losing to Hibs at home, but losing to them in the cup would be unthinkable. Definetly the cup. Mon the JT's!

scott herbertson

league

they'll get stuffed later in the cup anyway

It's more fun if they get excited about it

:)

Gav Aitchison

Cup game, if forced to choose. Partly because you can afford a sporadic slip in the league, but you can't in the cup. Partly because the order of the games means winning the second one would quickly dispel any misery from the first. And partly because, depending on their results before then, winning the cup tie could kill their season stone dead.

Having said that, let's just win both and ruin their entire 2009 before the middle of January.

Era Macaroons
The Cup.

I want three in a row and I want it at their gaff.

Realistically, the only game that can top this for me this season would be The Final of the same competition.

Can't come quick enough.

Same here.:107years:

We play them in the league 3 or 4 times every year (except when they are having their odd 1st division refresher course) so a Scottish cup tie would be a more exciting/valuable prospect.

Nelly Terraces

I am a greedy barsteward and want to see us f ***** g pump those mugs twice in a week, anyone who doesn't is a total charlie. Would also like to see the Cup game over as quick as possible, say 3 up at half time, so we can basically just have a sodding great party throughout the whole of half time and 2nd half.

Gorgie Rules - FTH

I am a greedy barsteward and want to see us f ***** g pump those mugs twice in a week, anyone who doesn't is a total charlie. Would also like to see the Cup game over as quick as possible, say 3 up at half time, so we can basically just have a sodding great party throughout the whole of half time and 2nd half.

Gorgie Rules - FTH

Ahmen to that, but as well all know derbies are derbies.

Im sure there will many twist and turns, along with many talking points in both matches!

Once thing is for sure, the new year is certainly going to start with a bang!

FTH :107years:

Not voting, because it goes beyond the pale to vote that we should ever lose to the Flair My Stairs!!!

PS If I really had to vote:

I still couldn't!!!

tommythejambo

Think we will win both and would be gutted with anything else.

However, if I had to pick one it would be the cup.

Not voting, because it goes beyond the pale to vote that we should ever lose to the Flair My Stairs!!!

PS If I really had to vote:

I still couldn't!!!

come on now, nobody likes a fence sitter :P

Went for the cup game. Obviously want to win both, but hopefully by the time we play the vermin our league position will be fairly strong, and lets be honest with ourselves, were not going to win the league so we have to look at winning the cup again. I was annoyed not gutted when the cravan dwellers beat us in the league cup and that set them up to win it, could you imagine the confidence it would give the manks if the beat us in the Scottish? A draw at worst in the league and a win in the cup and i would be happy. Or as others have said even a draw in the cup and a replay at Tynie.

Thig Ar Latha

I really don't see the point in a poll like this. Any Manager or Player will tell you that the first game is by far the most important. After that the next game is by far the most important.. ie. Motherwell, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hibs.

No point winning the last game if the season's going down the pan because we've lost the previous games because we're concentrating too much on the last game.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Depends how the league stands,if the points are vital then it means more.

If we are OK in the league(i.e. gap to 5th place pretty big)then Cup is more important.

1.cuss its another year they go without which can be pointed out to them right there and then.

2.cuss a cup run would be nice,if im correct last time we beat hibs in the cup we won it...4-0 please.

Archived