Hibs v Hearts - which is more important?

jambo191

Which game would you rather win against hibs?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which game would you rather win against hibs?

2 games against the dirty unwashed within about a week.

So which is more important to you...

Beating them in the league or Pumping them out of the cup :107years:

your choice.

MackaysCentreSpot

IMO.

This poll is a non starter.

Both games are important for the advancement of Hearts in the league and the SC.

They are two seperate competitions and we should be progressing in both, so the only appropriate answer is we need to win both games therefore one is not more important than the other.

A hard choice as getting beat by those manky dockers is hard to deal with but i went with league being most important game to win as i want Europe and lets face it , hibs will never win the big cup in my life time:107years:

I agree, but i mean come on, the whole point of these polls is a hard choice.

For me knowing those manky ****s are out the cup for another year would be just perfect.

Tough decsion but gone for cup win.

Doctor FinnBarr

Beat them twice but in the poll I plumped for the cup as its OUR only chance of a cup this season.

:107years:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Both equally important to me, but purely because knocking us out of the cup would give them decade-long hard-ons I'll plump for a cup thrashing.

Dean Winchester

I have to go for the cup. They can thrash us in the league and we still finish above them. The same cant be said about the Cup tho.

IMO.

This poll is a non starter.

Both games are important for the advancement of Hearts in the league and the SC.

They are two seperate competitions and we should be progressing in both, so the only appropriate answer is we need to win both games therefore one is not more important than the other.

Agreed

heartgarfunkel

Both are of course fundamental 'must-wins'. Wanting to beat the Lochend small comes as naturally to the Heart of Mid-lothian man or lady, as ramming the ball through Bandy's legs in the Big Scottish did to Lord Foster of The Fence.

Let's do them at our gaff - then rub their smug, flair-obsessed, noncey warrior poet noses in it round at their bit. A picture of that horrible charlie uncle november tango Rob Jones in our dressing room both times should provide some extra motivation to beat the weeteam - not that any should be needed.

Cup.

Obviously both are massive games, but in terms of bragging rights, if we lose in the league at least we only have to wait a few days to exact some sweet, sweet revenge.

Don't let any Hibbie nonce tell you their pathetic cup record doesn't hurt them. When it's us twisting the knife, it's even better.

If I had to choose, I'd go for the cup. We can get three points in other matches but the disappointment of a cup loss would go on a lot longer.

Cup.

Obviously both are massive games, but in terms of bragging rights, if we lose in the league at least we only have to wait a few days to exact some sweet, sweet revenge.

Don't let any Hibbie nonce tell you their pathetic cup record doesn't hurt them. When it's us twisting the knife, it's even better.

at the risk of getting plastered in those hobo thingy's what if the unthinkable caould maybe possibly happen ? :eek:

Went for cup but would prefer the cup game came before the league but it would be worth losing in the league just so we could start singing 108 years in a row in January!

:) :107years: :)

at the risk of getting plastered in those hobo thingy's what if the unthinkable caould maybe possibly happen ? :eek:

I pop on the train to London, and don't return until next Christmas. :P

I pop on the train to London, and don't return until next Christmas. :P

right... what's going on here ! .... I was on the train to london very recently.... do you know me ? .. or just a bizarre coincidence

i'd never vote for either game. with hearts every game is important. i'd be sick if we lost any game to the low-bees.

I can't believe anyone has opted for the league game, or even both. The Cup game is far more important.

I want to win them both but pumping them out of the Cup will be more satisfying if I had to pick only one of the games to win.

My only two interests in SC are how long we are in it for and as soon as that ends, waiting on the flashdancers from Leith to be knocked out.

So def the cup for me as I can relax knowing how ever far we go it will be much further than the LSD children.

your choice.

easy one to answer.

the first one... then the second one.

its a no-brainer, win BOTH, i could never consider losing to the vermin in any game :P

Agreed;)

your choice.

Every game and win is imporant against that lot and I want both and will always hold equal importance

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

On hearing the draw I was was torn between euphoria and trepidation.

Memory goes back to the week before 02/04/06. A bad time, nervy, worried. Trying to decide how to behave if the worst happened. Keep telling myself, of course we will win we are Heart of Midlothian, it is only that lot. But still...

Then the day, utterly amazing. Incredible euphoria after Janny's goal.

My wee daughter, only 4 years old with me that day.

A day that is close to being one of the happiest of my life.

So, though it is not at Hampden, it will bring back memories of Fozzie on the fence. A dream of a day.

Fear, worry, belief, ecstasy.

Of course, the Cup game is more important.

Cup. What songs are they going to sing if they win at Tynie, then we tonk them at ER only a week later? Plus, losing to them in the SC would hurt in a way I doubt a mere league game (however important all derbies are, of course) could - and the outcome of the Cup tie will be remembered for years.

In the league, we can put matters right over the rest of the season; in the Cup, you only get one chance.

Funny thought is ... if they even draw either game it will mean ANOTHER DVD being released.

Losing either aint an option.

Snake Plissken

Win both is obviously preferable.

But if it MUST be one or the other than it must be the cup.

We can come back from a loss in the league to still finish 3rd/4th but its all over if you lose in the cup. Having a direct hand in lengthening this huge barren spell for them would be all the sweeter.

The Cup remains the only chance of a trophy this year so we've got to go for it.

preferably both, but to keep them waiting for another year would be brilliant. and a win at their place is always sweeter than a win at tynecastle

right... what's going on here ! .... I was on the train to london very recently.... do you know me ? .. or just a bizarre coincidence

No.

Funny, when the draw was made I spoke to a mate who follows the smellies. I told him that I would accept defeat in the league if it guaranteed we would beat them in the cup. His response was that he would take that as he harbours NO HOPE of Hibs EVER winning the Scottish Cup. :rofl:

Funny, when the draw was made I spoke to a mate who follows the smellies. I told him that I would accept defeat in the league if it guaranteed we would beat them in the cup. His response was that he would take that as he harbours NO HOPE of Hibs EVER winning the Scottish Cup. :rofl:

haha, credit to him, he's not a delluded as some of unwashed i know! :107years:

i voted the cup game

i never want to last any game, i hate losing to them at any time, but to be the ones to again end their cup dream for another year makes me very, very happy indeed

I knew someone would come out with the most annoying football question ever!

Beat them twice, simple as that. Same focus, same desire, same application in each game.

You play one game at a time, whether it`s Hibs one week and another team the next. Because it`s Hibs twice it doesn`t change anything.

Win the league game, draw the cup game then pump them at Tynie in the replay.

I'll go for that,mate.A midweek cup replay is something i'm sure a lot of people would certainly look forward to.I think we'll pump them at Fester,mind but in the unlikely event that they get a draw a night replay would do just fine.

Want to win both but if we're in a gun pointed at my nuts, choose or we pull the trigger situation I'd take the cup game. To bring up the 108 at the first opportunity and finish their season before the end of the sales, too good to miss I'm afraid

the mankys on wehaventwonthecupfor108yearsafterweplayhearts.net have started a copy cat thread, be interesting to see if they also want the cup game win more too.

Archived