Club Have No Clue As To Late Payment

Chester™

Which one? There's hundreds of them over there - Hobonomic Masters, the lot of them.

All too many of them - and the ones who protest their innocence are the very worst!!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Caught out once again - geez you guys are good! Hold on, let me find the button, oh where is it?? Ahh here it is...........:hobofish:

Comedy gold.

Deevers said "certain people" - did it strike a chord with you?

Guest Fabuloso
Which one? There's hundreds of them over there - Hobonomic Masters, the lot of them.

Iain, come on now, have you been taking your comedy pills tonight??

Lovely stuff.

Caught out once again - geez you guys are good! Hold on, let me find the button, oh where is it?? Ahh here it is...........:hobofish:

Comedy gold.

Never mentioned any names - but if the cap fits.............!

How's that??? He only posts on Hearts finances, he stated that the players would not be paid today which ended up a load of pish. He said the players won't get their bonuses till January, a story that has been doing the rounds now for a couple of days. He reeks of that muppet on caravandwellers.net that is obsessed with our finances:hobofish:

You only post about outing hobos though. :rolleyes:

As for the bonuses bit, other posters like PJ1 and Chester have confirmed they believe that January will be the date of payment, you gonna call them hobo's too?

Guest Fabuloso

As for the bonuses bit, other posters like PJ1 and Chester have confirmed they believe that January will be the date of payment, you gonna call them hobo's too?

Ah but we need guys like Deevers and Iain to make sure the 'hobos' are identified and JKB is kept clean for the use of real Jambos. Keep investigating boys!!

BigH, I'm not going back over the whole thread but did DavePDQ mention the bonuses being paid in January before or after his pearls of wisdom about "money not being in the system" proved to be totally false?

Ah but we need guys like Deevers and Iain to make sure the 'hobos' are identified and JKB is kept clean for the use of real Jambos. Keep investigating boys!!

How many times is that now that you've outed yourself? This double-bluff routine really has us all fooled.

I'll wager you'll disappear around January 2nd.

Nucky Thompson

Hardly mate:rolleyes:

As for the bonuses bit, other posters like PJ1 and Chester have confirmed they believe that January will be the date of payment, you gonna call them hobo's too? Nope. Like I say that has been doing the rounds for a couple of days

I think it's fairly obvious to just about everyone that he's at it.

Guest Fabuloso
How many times is that now that you've outed yourself? This double-bluff routine really has us all fooled.

I'll wager you'll disappear around January 2nd.

I only need the single-bluff to fool you GK. Don't flatter youself.:hobofish:

BigH, I'm not going back over the whole thread but did DavePDQ mention the bonuses being paid in January before or after his pearls of wisdom about "money not being in the system" proved to be totally false?

I don't know Iain, and I aint checking either. I was responding directly to the Boo's post. The Boo saw that as a characteristic of hoboness, I simply asked if that stretched to other posters.

I suspected DavePDQ of being a Hobbit after his initial rash of posting around the time of the previous wages issue, I've seen nothing to dampen those suspicions. Let's face it, some of the claims he has been making could only have been known by some of the senior management of UBIG!

He is clearly a Hibs fan pretending to be a Hearts fan, which is not allowed under forum rules, time to do your duty mods......

Nucky Thompson
I don't know Iain, and I aint checking either. I was responding directly to the Boo's post. The Boo saw that as a characteristic of hoboness, I simply asked if that stretched to other posters.
I'm going by his whole posting history and the fact he only posts on Hearts finances(wrongly) and nothing about the team.

Iain, come on now, have you been taking your comedy pills tonight??

Lovely stuff.

I take it you disagree with the sentiment?

I'm going by his whole posting history and the fact he only posts on Hearts finances(wrongly) and nothing about the team.

It's the one real plus for these threads - take a good look at the posting history of the real "depressives" and you get a fair idea of their true agenda.

Threads like this draw them and their "the end is nye" posts like moths to a candle.

Just as an aside: with the "new" bonus structure being introduced (with payment in January......cough) could this simply be a way to defer payments that are currently due?

This whole escapade is inexcusable and no amount of back-slapping can deflect from the fact that we're making the national and international press for all the wrong reasons.

And the fact that some bint from Lithuania is speaking up on behalf of the club is wrong.

Ogilvie....earn your wage!!

Guest Fabuloso
It's the one real plus for these threads - take a good look at the posting history of the real "depressives" and you get a fair idea of their true agenda.

Threads like this draw them and their "the end is nye" posts like moths to a candle.

Please tell me you don't look up the history of other posters. It's worse than I thought.....find a hobby.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've just read Banderson's article. Now, giving the ginger one the latitude that he has actually spoken to someone for a change :rolleyes: can someone explain to me why Fedotovas is claiming the payments were processed on Friday, i.e. the day they were due? Maybe that's the fundamental flaw? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just as an aside: with the "new" bonus structure being introduced (with payment in January......cough) could this simply be a way to defer payments that are currently due?

This whole escapade is inexcusable and no amount of back-slapping can deflect from the fact that we're making the national and international press for all the wrong reasons.

And the fact that some bint from Lithuania is speaking up on behalf of the club is wrong.

I did kinda suggest that earlier. For example, if I called my mobile phone provider and told them that I would not pay them November and December's bill until January as it was an "incentive" for them to provide me a better service, it would get laughed at. Suggests we are toiling to me tbh.

I think you have went a little too far with the rest of your post though.

Suggests we are toiling to me tbh.

To which I ask, why should our bonus system be any different to many other teams not just here but around the world? Is it a simple coincidence that our results have picked up recently? Could the players have known this for awhile and this has sparked an upturn in results?

Unfortunately with Hearts, nothing is black and white no matter what people try to claim or say. When all the facts are presented something in between the two extremes is probably the right answer.

I did kinda suggest that earlier. For example, if I called my mobile phone provider and told them that I would not pay them November and December's bill until January as it was an "incentive" for them to provide me a better service, it would get laughed at. Suggests we are toiling to me tbh.

I think you have went a little too far with the rest of your post though.

toiling you say? perhaps so, perhaps not.

if so.... we could probably use an extra 40 grand or so coming into the club every couple of weeks. that might improve the cash flow considerably.

now where could the club get that sort of extra cash coming in?

anyone?

if so.... we could probably use an extra 40 grand or so coming into the club every couple of weeks. that might improve the cash flow considerably.

anyone?

From some of the guys that'll no doubt be desperate for Cup tickets perhaps?

From some of the guys that'll no doubt be desperate for Cup tickets perhaps?

you know what, that notion never crossed my mind. good answer. :)

anyone?

I'm not quite with you here.

You seem to have an answer. No?

portobellojambo1

The "bint" from Lithuania is not speaking up on behalf of the club, she is speaking up on behalf of UBiG, the source of the funds to pay those employed by the club. If you were to ask Campbell Ogilvie why what happened happened he would have had to refer the matter to UBiG, this way the person at the right end answered the question.

The "bint" from Lithuania is not speaking up on behalf of the club, she is speaking up on behalf of UBiG, the source of the funds to pay those employed by the club. If you were to ask Campbell Ogilvie why what happened happened he would have had to refer the matter to UBiG, this way the person at the right end answered the question.

I'm sorry. My mistake.

portobellojambo1

I'm sorry. My mistake.

No need to apologise, how do you know you are wrong, I may be wrong.

I am only offering my interpretation of why it was left to somebody in Lithuania to respond, doesn't mean I am right.

No need to apologise, how do you know you are wrong, I may be wrong.

I am only offering my interpretation of why it was left to somebody in Lithuania to respond, doesn't mean I am right.

I agree.

What doesn't sit right with me - we have directors, paid a wage, out of our books, who must push pens for a living.

My angst is multiplied by the fact that a "bint in Lithuania" has to answer the immediate questions.

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's not right, if you get the gist?

[quote name=d(>_

What doesn't sit right with me - we have directors, paid a wage, out of our books, who must push pens for a living.

My angst is multiplied by the fact that a "bint in Lithuania" has to answer the immediate questions.

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's not right, if you get the gist?

Some 'bint in Lithuania'? :rolleyes:

And which directors would you be referring to with your pen pushers comment? Just out of interest....

Elroyofderovers

With new "Faster Payments" it should be ok to post the wages on a Friday (or they maybe use Chaps which is also same day).

I think they knew that Sterling was going to crash again and wanted to save on the exchange rate so waited until Monday.

OR

Maybe it was a ploy to make the players play well against Rangers. I would not pay them until a Monday and make it performance related!

Please tell me you don't look up the history of other posters. It's worse than I thought.....find a hobby.

My, My I have hit a nerve with you. Time for you to trot along back to the caravan park I think.

UBIG > UB > HBOS > Players

I am surprised it doesn't take longer to transfer the money.

In past life I was paid from a Middle East bank through New York, then Switzerland and finally London before it reached my bank in Edinburgh. It went from Dirhams to Dollars to Pounds along the way and I suspect each bank made a little bit of fee out of it.

People who work for institutions may find payment glitches unusual, but for me it is a monthly occurence. I have to phone the accountant 4 days before my payment is due to make sure the BACS transfer goes through. Even then on occasions I've had a day late CHAPS payment.

If UBIG are transferring large sums from Litas to Pounds, I am sure that UBIG's accountants are looking at the exchange rates for the best buy. If that mean late payment to the Hearts players then I suspect that the accountants don't care.

To which I ask, why should our bonus system be any different to many other teams not just here but around the world? Is it a simple coincidence that our results have picked up recently? Could the players have known this for awhile and this has sparked an upturn in results?

Unfortunately with Hearts, nothing is black and white no matter what people try to claim or say. When all the facts are presented something in between the two extremes is probably the right answer.

I don't pretend to know the answer, however when we put off a bill for a few months it suggests that cashflow is an issue. How other clubs do things do not concern me, I am a Hearts fan.

anyone?

You will never learn will you? ;)

Okay, where could we get extra money then?

Jam Tarts 1874

You don't seem like a Jambo to me from reading your contributions to this thread. Just to put you right, "some bint from Lithuania" was NOT speaking up on behalf of the club, she just happens to be the person that some junior hack (probably a Rangers fans still hurting) at the BBC managed to get through to. She is not even in UKIO's Sports Division, whom she told the BBC to refer to.

I don't pretend to know the answer, however when we put off a bill for a few months it suggests that cashflow is an issue. How other clubs do things do not concern me, I am a Hearts fan.

And thats the problem. Far too many assume when they hear such things that it must be impending financial doom. As I said in my previous post, Romanov has made a rod for his own back with his actions in the past, so people think that way. If you at all the facts and the extremes of what both sides say, somewhere in the middle is probably the truth.

How clubs do things may not affect you but why do you assume something is wrong because our club wants to bring itself in line with hundreds of other clubs? Have you stopped to think that we have looked at other's business models and thought, thats a good system for us, why dont we do it? Or was it instantly reaching for the valium because you assumed we must be going tits up?

Please dont think im having a go here. Im trying to give a bit of balance which I hope you can see. As I said, Romanov has created such situations and discussions himself. I personally dont think its financial disaster but nor do i think its all wonderful either.

And thats the problem. Far too many assume when they hear such things that it must be impending financial doom. As I said in my previous post, Romanov has made a rod for his own back with his actions in the past, so people think that way. If you at all the facts and the extremes of what both sides say, somewhere in the middle is probably the truth.

How clubs do things may not affect you but why do you assume something is wrong because our club wants to bring itself in line with hundreds of other clubs? Have you stopped to think that we have looked at other's business models and thought, thats a good system for us, why dont we do it? Or was it instantly reaching for the valium because you assumed we must be going tits up?

Please dont think im having a go here. Im trying to give a bit of balance which I hope you can see. As I said, Romanov has created such situations and discussions himself. I personally dont think its financial disaster but nor do i think its all wonderful either.

Don't worry about making your point, you are absolutely entitled to and it is not coming across as a dig.

I don't pretend to have the facts, I am just an ordinary joe supporter and don't have access to such things. However, surely you must agree that in the financial climate we are in, where other clubs owned by foreign banks are struggling and we have had issues with players wages twice in a matter of months, putting bills off for months sends out a clear sign?

It may be as innocent as you suggest earlier in the thread, it may be that Hearts are simply falling into line with the rest of the footballing world, however such things can only be proven by track record. If Hearts stop having wages issues and pay everybody on time then I would agree with your assessment. However, Hearts are dragging their heels paying many of their creditors, I wonder if the players having money issues is simply the next step.

Only time will tell.

Captain Scarlett
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Hearts-players-to-receive-pay.4747479.jp

I havent seen it posted so merge if it has!

Seems the wages were processed on Friday and the "problem" is to do with implementing a new bonus system....

stop reading the scotsman and e e news both are anti hmfc:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

You will never learn will you? ;)

Okay, where could we get extra money then?[/QUOTE]

well... just off the top of my head like... i was kinda thinking that more paying customers through the gates might contribute somewhat to raking in the extra revenue.

unless of course i've got this business malarky thing all erse for elbow... and that more paying customers actually means less money for a business.

Archived