Club Have No Clue As To Late Payment

Chester™

What I was insinuating was: the spokesperson said the money is in the system and the players would receive it today. We're not going to dispute that fact.

If I was due to be paid on Friday and my employer said that there was a problem (bank/chequebook/cash-flow) but I would receive my monies on Monday then that would be fine. It would be an honest answer and an unforeseen glitch.

If, however, I was lied to and given a fob-off, then that's a completely different matter.

Apologies, your post came across as being one from somebody that had specific knowledge of the situation. If you don't know more than the spokespersons words, why did you mention Wednesday? Your second and third paragraphs are spot on, and neither allow for the wages not coming 'til Wednesday.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
marshallschunkychicken
So they havent been paid yet?

That's what I'm wondering. Surely we would have heard by now if they hadn't?

I wouldn't bother trying that buddy, very little info coming back from either side of the debate. One guy says he knows but cannot say and the other side are just having a go at the dude, very little in the way of fact here.

That's what I'm wondering. Surely we would have heard by now if they hadn't?

Or is the silence more likely to mean they HAVEN'T been paid and the club are trying to work out what to say next? To assure everyone on Friday that wages will be paid by Monday is a foolish move if it turns out not to be true.

Apologies, your post came across as being one from somebody that had specific knowledge of the situation. If you don't know more than the spokespersons words, why did you mention Wednesday? Your second and third paragraphs are spot on, and neither allow for the wages not coming 'til Wednesday.

No need to apologise, I'm as much in the dark as you are over the whole shambles.

The sad fact is: these people own and run a bank, and if anyone should know what/where/when monies will be deposited into accounts, they should (and I'm not buying the technical glitch story a 2nd time).

IIRC, the same thing happened in September. "The beginning of the week" ended up being the following Friday. Will Monday end up being Wednesday this time around?

I'll just check the readings on my new Hobo detector

chart?chs=200x125&cht=gom&chd=t:80&chl=Muppets!&chtt=ACME Hobometer&chco=880000,ffffff,00ff00

It looks like you're right

Aha! I need to ask Santa to bring me one of those there handy gadgets. :)

So, now that there's confirmation that the players have been paid...I guess this thread will be a bit quieter....which is sad really, because I think it's very revealing.

marshallschunkychicken
Aha! I need to ask Santa to bring me one of those there handy gadgets. :)

So, now that there's confirmation that the players have been paid...I guess this thread will be a bit quieter....which is sad really, because I think it's very revealing.

They've had their fun. They can slink off now.

Commander Harris
I'm not worried, I know exactly what's happening. The money isn't in the system. If you were to ask me if the players will receive their money by Wednesday I would think it very unlikely.

:rolleyes:

It must be a media conspiracy, why would the bbc post something in our favour ;):)

Is that the sound of a reindeer backtracking?

Again, I have no reason to disbelieve you, does the above suggest that you know the players have been paid?

Been offline since you posted this, but they have been paid. (As others have now confirmed, I see)

This thread is very like the old "Chathams Honda" thread.

Same old mularkey.

:107years:

Nucky Thompson
Are you Michael Fish?
I think a lot of people have a hunch who he is:hobofish: Now the wages are paid as agreed after the blip, he has proven to be a liar.

Guest jambomickey

wages been paid, beat rangers on saturday and been drawn away to the vermin in the scottish cup, and 5 wins on the bounce! positive, positive, positve

Everybody loves Baz
does PDQ stand for ....Paddy Drama Queen

Funny how he's not showed his puss since the wages payments have been confirmed ?

And to think that people ask me why I don't post very often.

Paying the basic wage this week doesn't cure all our ills. It's obviously been cobbled together from somewhere but there wasn't enough to cover the bonuses which is why the players have been fobbed off until January.

It shows how far we've come when people are delighted that the players have been paid.

marshallschunkychicken

Paying the basic wage this week doesn't cure all our ills. It's obviously been cobbled together from somewhere but there wasn't enough to cover the bonuses which is why the players have been fobbed off until January.

It shows how far we've come when people are delighted that the players have been paid.

I'm sorry mate, but you stated categorically that 'the money is not in the system' today. You also said that you thought it wouldn't even get there by Wednesday.

Take the hit, and accept that in this case, what you said was wrong.

willie wallace
They are speaking as if we have just gone bust on Radio Scotland:rolleyes:

We have our heads buried in the sand and are only accepting the situation because we are winning according to the panel.Think there may well be some truth in that.

portobellojambo1

You posted that just a little too early Kenny.

Presumably the payment made by UBiG Friday is the exact same as a same day TT paid by a company today (I have tried explaining this to clients but for some of them it just doesn't compute).

If one of the players had contacted their bank today around lunch time for example they would have received one of two replies, money is not in your account or money is sitting in the pending account.

Funds due to hit bank accounts today would not do so until the banks had closed off their business for the day, so I would not have expected the funds to be in any account before around 16:45 (hence the reason HMFC were able to confirm at 17:25 this evening that the funds were in the receiving accounts).

Guest Fabuloso

In-fighting between fellow Jambos on non-payment of players wages. This is a shocker. How anyone can take a positive from this is beyond me. For the sake of team morale I hope this dies down and doesn't happen again.

What if it happens again? Does it become acceptable?

Colonel Kurtz

You are mishearing

people are asking why you post SO often.

You stated the wages werent "in the system" at the same time I witnessed wages being withdrawn.

The players have been told bonuses will be paid in January and are comfortable with this,it has in a funny way brought the team together.

This doesnt suit your agenda ,but its true

portobellojambo1

Bonus payments are not made on a game by game basis, bonus payments are normally paid as a lump sum; some clubs pay them quarterly, some clubs pay them half yearly, some clubs pay them at the end of the season.

Guest Fabuloso
We have our heads buried in the sand and are only accepting the situation because we are winning according to the panel.Think there may well be some truth in that.

Understatement of the year.

Think people are asking why you only seem to post on one subject? Care to comment on CK's statement that wages were being withdrawn by players when you were claiming that the money was in the system?

What team do you support, as a matter of interest?

Colonel Kurtz
Elvis, Hartley, Burley, Skacel!

I doubt it.

I would listen to a couple of them,but not to that bunch of erses at The BBC

I don't know if the upset remarks at the top are aimed at my good self, but I can only apologise to others on this thread for asking if it had been paid. I felt it was a big enough story for a Hearts fan to be concerned about. What I would like to ask (not to defend anybody) is, did they say on talk 107 WHEN it was paid? and following up on something that PDQ said, did they pay up the bonuses that were due?

Guest Fabuloso
Think people are asking why you only seem to post on one subject? Care to comment on CK's statement that wages were being withdrawn by players when you were claiming that the money was in the system?

What team do you support, as a matter of interest?

Oh no...

I don't know if the upset remarks at the top are aimed at my good self, but I can only apologise to others on this thread for asking if it had been paid. I felt it was a big enough story for a Hearts fan to be concerned about. What I would like to ask (not to defend anybody) is, did they say on talk 107 WHEN it was paid? and following up on something that PDQ said, did they pay up the bonuses that were due?

The bonuses are not to be paid until January at the earliest. Its the new system they are implementing. Some kind of incentive. As PJ1 already said, this is not uncommon for teams to do as some do it quarterly, half yearly or yearly.

They were paid during business today and as has already been pointed out, it would not show fully until close of business today.

Hope that clears it up.:)

I'm not worried, I know exactly what's happening. The money isn't in the system. If you were to ask me if the players will receive their money by Wednesday I would think it very unlikely.

You're gonna need a bigger shovel... :whistling:

The bonuses are not to be paid until January at the earliest. Its the new system they are implementing. Some kind of incentive. As PJ1 already said, this is not uncommon for teams to do as some do it quarterly, half yearly or yearly.

They were paid during business today and as has already been pointed out, it would not show fully until close of business today.

Hope that clears it up.:)

Thank you Chester! :)

If it is a new initiative and plan to pay the bonuses later on in the year then fairy nuff, however, I wish I could try that with some of the people we pay money!!!!

Now you have said the above, would that not appear to absolve the PDQ dude?

Judging by what was said, not really. He initially mentioned that there was no cash in system and the players would not be paid until Wednesday at the earliest. That was wrong.

Im not too fussed on what he said. Ive my own idea of what went on and I dont really need someone telling me who did what wrong and why. Ive done my best to inform those that may not know what can and has happened in this instance and from my own personal experience.:)

Judging by what was said, not really. He initially mentioned that there was no cash in system and the players would not be paid until Wednesday at the earliest. That was wrong.

Im not too fussed on what he said. Ive my own idea of what went on and I dont really need someone telling me who did what wrong and why. Ive done my best to inform those that may not know what can and has happened in this instance and from my own personal experience.:)

That is all fair enough. I just dislike it when posters are wrong they are instantly labelled as a hobo. PDQ may be a hobo, he may be a Hearts fan, given the situation our wages were in earlier, I took him at his word. If he is a hobo, he will out himself soon enough, most probably around the first two games of 2009. ;)

Nucky Thompson

How's that??? He only posts on Hearts finances, he stated that the players would not be paid today which ended up a load of pish. He said the players won't get their bonuses till January, a story that has been doing the rounds now for a couple of days. He reeks of that muppet on caravandwellers.net that is obsessed with our finances:hobofish:

Ah, it's the Hobo Defence League. :rolleyes:

Ain't it funny how certain people only post at supposed times of "crisis" for the club - and when they do it's in the most negative of ways. The only really good thing about threads such as this is that their motives become oh so obvious.

Guest Fabuloso
Ain't it funny how certain people only post at supposed times of "crisis" for the club - and when they do it's in the most negative of ways. The only really good thing about threads such as this is that their motives become oh so obvious.

Caught out once again - geez you guys are good! Hold on, let me find the button, oh where is it?? Ahh here it is...........:hobofish:

Comedy gold.

How's that??? He only posts on Hearts finances, he stated that the players would not be paid today which ended up a load of pish. He said the players won't get their bonuses till January, a story that has been doing the rounds now for a couple of days. He reeks of that muppet on caravandwellers.net that is obsessed with our finances:hobofish:

Which one? There's hundreds of them over there - Hobonomic Masters, the lot of them.

Archived