Ferguson - Who was he watching?

Rawrrrrrrr

yes. Jonsson wasn't even starting for feck sake!

I'm sure if Sir Alex had given Csaba a ring a few hours prior to kick off he would have quite happily let him know his line-up to save him the journey. :P

He was up to check the barmaids in diggers and happened to score a spare ticket at the last minute.

Oh and of course he's was up to see Csaba's kids.

:cool:

I'm sure if Sir Alex had given Csaba a ring a few hours prior to kick off he would have quite happily let him know his line-up to save him the journey. :P

I think you've missed my point - are you seriously suggesting that there is a player that isnt automatic first choice that SAF would be interested in?

I think you've missed my point - are you seriously suggesting that there is a player that isnt automatic first choice that SAF would be interested in?

At what level do you think EJ could play later in his career?

In your answer to your question though, I think there is a chance SAF could be interested in Eggert Jonnson depending on a number of factors.

I realise there are plenty sarcastic posts but are people seriously suggesting Jonnson might be interesting Sir Alex Ferguson?

Mental.

We don't even know what position he might be effective for us nevermind a stand out performer!

Whilst it's probably more likely he was visiting Smith or meeting the family of a youngster is it really outwith the realms of possibility he was watching someone like Driver or Jonnson?

Darren Fletcher is a regular in the Man Utd squad and has years on both of them.

I think Driver especially will go onto play for a top Premiership team. Pace is one of the most important things down there and he can run at pace with the ball stuck to his foot. Combine that with being a natural left footer and he could certainly go onto big things.

Not for a couple seasons yet though hopefully.

Questionable. While pace is a major asset and a key element in football, actually being intelligent and skilful is important too.

At the moment Driver`s general final ball is inconsistent and he often sends over weak crosses.

It may seem a bit harsh and that i`m nit picking but you can`t ignore it. Apart from his majestic goal v Falkirk i though he was so, so until then. And yesterday he fought hard enough for the team but still the quality that we know he can produce didn`t show for me.

He has alot of work to do imo but obviously he has the chance to improve because he does have the potential.

Don`t get me wrong, he`s a first pick for Hearts but to go up several levels is a big task.

After todays victory for Man Utd and holding on for the last 15mins with 10men, it is obvious Sir Alex was up studying Csaba and his ways. ;)

Can't think he'd be watching anyone there with a view to a move. Perhaps he was up in edinburgh for other reasons and fancied taking in a game?

Mendes is probably the best player in the SPL (although he was ****e on saturday) and he's nowhere near Manchester Utd quality.

I think that is the most likely explanation - I believe he attends a fair few charity events which might be why he was up. I honestly cannot imagine he was on a scouting mission. I also think that with the Manchester derby being on today, he would be unlikely to schedule a trip to the Hearts Rangers game just for a nice day out!

No, he supported Celtic growing up until he signed for rangers

Fairly certain he was a Rangers fan growing up.

Says so in his autobiography.

portobellojambo1
At what level do you think EJ could play later in his career?

In your answer to your question though, I think there is a chance SAF could be interested in Eggert Jonnson depending on a number of factors.

With all due respect to the 22 players who started yesterday's game, and the substitutes who came on, I cannot honestly think of one who would be close to Ferguson's plans for Man Utd, either short or long term. I suspect the truth of the matter is he was probably in the Edinburgh area yesterday for something completely different, and as a football person decided to take in a football match.

Father Tiresias
Probably McGregor in all honesty...Well he has no chance of seeing him play in Europe or for Scotland so he has to make the trip...

I'd be really surprised if he was casting his eye over McGregor. He only has to lift the phone and speak with his ex-captain Keano at Sunderland to pick up a top international class goalkeeper.

There must've been a horse racing card called off yesterday with the frost.......

Source? It was announced at half time.

I think Scott must have been taking the p**h, because he definately wasn't there.:eek:

*Alex Ferguson for anyone who was wondering ;)

Good question though, why was he there?

Old beetroot face lives less than two miles away from us here in sunny Cheshire, could have shared a lift up if had known he was going...:cool:

Father Tiresias
I'd be really surprised if he was casting his eye over McGregor. He only has to lift the phone and speak with his ex-captain Keano at Sunderland to pick up a top international class goalkeeper.

There must've been a horse racing card called off yesterday with the frost.......

Necastle's meeting was cancelled due to frost so got that bit right however it seems Fergie was tucked up at home with a nice bottle of Cardhu!!

MackaysCentreSpot

Ferguson - Who was he watching?

Everyone on the pitch running past him.

Oh sorry not that Ferguson.........:P

Commander Harris
THE announcer at Tynecastle informed the crowd at half-time that Sir Alex Ferguson was in attendance, which turned out to be only one of a number of intriguing curiosities. The Manchester United manager was, at the time, at home in Cheshire, watching Saturday afternoon sport on television. He boasts any number of extraordinary achievements, but even he is not yet blessed with the power of bi-location.

hehe :)

Archived