Ferguson - Who was he watching?

Rawrrrrrrr

According to reports, Ferguson, was at yesterdays game on a scouting mission, but who would he be watching?

Looking at the squads I am struggling to think of any player there he would likely be interested in.

Hearts: MacDonald, Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Lee Wallace, Kingston (Jonsson 64), Karipidis, Palazuelos, Driver, Aguiar (Cesnauskis 81), Nade (Obua 85).

Subs Not Used: Kello, Makela, Mole, Thomson.

Rangers: McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Bougherra, Whittaker, Adam (Burke 56), Mendes, Ferguson, Lafferty, Boyd, Darcheville (Novo 72).

Subs Not Used: Alexander, Edu, McCulloch, Niguez, Loy.

I suppose he could have just been bored and fancied the game, but, I just cant see someone like ferguson waiting a footballing saturday.

I heard him and stuart pearce where at the game

We discussed this yesterday I reckon Pearce was there to see driver.

As for sir alex I would hazard a guess at mcgregor

According to reports, Ferguson, was at yesterdays game on a scouting mission, but who would he be watching?

Looking at the squads I am struggling to think of any player there he would likely be interested in.

Hearts: MacDonald, Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Lee Wallace, Kingston (Jonsson 64), Karipidis, Palazuelos, Driver, Aguiar (Cesnauskis 81), Nade (Obua 85).

Rangers: McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Bougherra, Whittaker, Adam (Burke 56), Mendes, Ferguson, Lafferty, Boyd, Darcheville (Novo 72).

I suppose he could have just been bored and fancied the game, but, I just cant see someone like ferguson waiting a footballing saturday.

my thoughts?

I heard him and stuart pearce where at the game

We discussed this yesterday I reckon Pearce was there to see driver.

As for sir alex I would hazard a guess at mcgregor

Can't see it, Ferguson has 2 younger keepers who are already better, why would he want to spend 5+ million on another.

My guess would be Mendes or Eggert as an outsider, I think eggert has the potential to be so much better, and he did impress a lot a few years ago so likely is still present in the scouting logs of a lot of bigger clubs

Driver as talented as he is, I just cant see getting a call upto the u21's now, maybe if he was younger, but he will be ineligible pretty soon, and a waste of time since Johnson is as good if not better and the same age.

As for Ferguson being a rangers fan, whilst I know that, I just reckon he is too professional to waste a saturday on a trip to watch rangers.

Hopefully

Maybe he just fancied taking in a game involving his local team? Perhaps he was in Scotland seeing friends/family.

No way was he there to scout anybody.

Although, no doubt he left the game hugely impressed with Robbie Neilson.

portobellojambo1

Didn't realise Ferguson was at the game yesterday, Stuart Pearce was there to run the eye over Andy Driver again for the England U21 squad.

Maybe he just fancied taking in a game involving his local team? Perhaps he was in Scotland seeing friends/family.

No way was he there to scout anybody.

Although, no doubt he left the game hugely impressed with Robbie Neilson.

if anything it was maybe something to do with a youth player i.e. under 18, as you say theres no way he would even think about signing any player who was in either squad yesterday

Maybe he was just up in Scotland for the weekend and decided to take in game.

I can't imagine any of their lot or any Hearts player interseting Man United.

maybe he was there on a pilgrimage to see the new 'special one'.... csaba.

the only players i could imagine him being interested in from hearts would be driver, berra, aguiar, kingston.

christ i must still be drunk, man-u interested in 4 hearts players.

lie doon time.

BROADFOOT? ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?! :rofl:

we thought the same off hutton, i dont rate ****** broadfoot but many managers do apparently

Isn't he really good friends with Walter Smith?

Would explain why he was there.

Smith worked for him not that long ago did he not?

Thinking about it I wonder if it was possibly purely speculative mixed with the opportunity to see rangers/friends.

We had a lot of young guys yesterday, many of whom have already been linked with the EPL, you could argue even if he doesnt want them himself, it would be worth seeing what he might come up against in the future.

Victor Meldrew

I thought that Kirk Clubfoot playing in a European final was ridiculous, but if he were to sign for Man Utd I think I'd have to give up following football on the basis that I simply don't understand the game at all.

Maybe he just came up because he had a free Saturday and wanted to see an old friend, former Man Utd assistant manager, Walter Smith perhaps?

Apart from McGregor, I can't really think there is a Rangers player that he would be looking for, well there certainly won't be after Saturday:), If any it would be a young player, Driver is the first that springs to mind or perhaps Christophe Berra?

Thinking about it I wonder if it was possibly purely speculative mixed with the opportunity to see rangers/friends.

We had a lot of young guys yesterday, many of whom have already been linked with the EPL, you could argue even if he doesnt want them himself, it would be worth seeing what he might come up against in the future.

prancer you ok?

good call for once :eek:

Victor Meldrew

Would it be out of the question for Ferguson to have been looking at Berra?

He's had rave reviews recently, and whilst he isn't going to displace Vidic or Ferdinand, he might make a decent EPL squad player.

Was working in the corporate yesterday and asked Fergie, he said he was "here to see Broadfoot" as they need a waterboy down at man utd and also

"somebody to drive a few of the players to training who have lost their licences". He thought he'd asked broadfoot as he'd watched the game and was "convinced he'd never seen a football before!"

Would it be out of the question for Ferguson to have been looking at Berra?

He's had rave reviews recently, and whilst he isn't going to displace Vidic or Ferdinand, he might make a decent EPL squad player.

Yes

Man Utd have plenty of defensive cover, and at least 2 better centre halfs younger than Berra

As good an SPL defender as Berra is, I really don't think he will be upto much if he makes it to the EPL.

ToadKiller Dog
BROADFOOT? ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?! :rofl:

To be fair Fergie has an interest in Horse racing ,all be it Kirk Footforaface is more of a donkey.

Its been a long time baby
Well he was a childhood Rangers fan.

No, he supported Celtic growing up until he signed for rangers

Probably McGregor in all honesty...Well he has no chance of seeing him play in Europe or for Scotland so he has to make the trip...

winston churchill
Probably McGregor in all honesty...Well he has no chance of seeing him play in Europe or for Scotland so he has to make the trip...

wee burnie at the sangiro is a better keeper.

scott herbertson

Perhaps he didn't realise Elliot had been loaned out?

Seriously one possibility might be that he was tying up arrangements with one of our under 16 player's families - he has been known to 'meet the parents' in these circs

Perhaps he didn't realise Elliot had been loaned out?

Seriously one possibility might be that he was tying up arrangements with one of our under 16 player's families - he has been known to 'meet the parents' in these circs

Does anyone know were Branny was :P:rolleyes:

scott herbertson
Does anyone know were Branny was :P:rolleyes:

Prancer, other than that last (albeit quite funny) wee dig your last ten posts or so have been remarkably positive.

I know we've won five in a row but could you please go back to being a negative wind up merchant?

I find it disconcerting when you're being nice.

:eek:

We can but hope.

Apart from one wayward pass in the first half, thought Robbie was very solid yesterday. Prefer him at RB atm rather than Jonsson.

As for Ferguson, not sure there is one player in Scotland who would do a turn for United.

Apart from one wayward pass in the first half, thought Robbie was very solid yesterday. Prefer him at RB atm rather than Jonsson.

As for Ferguson, not sure there is one player in Scotland who would do a turn for United.

As I said on the Robbie thread the other day there, I reckon he is the best right back at the club, by virtue of him being the only right back at the club. :)

My above post was obviously slightly tinged with jest, I would be absolutely devastated if SAF came in to buy Robbie Neilson. :)

My above post was obviously slightly tinged with jest, I would be absolutely devastated if SAF came in to buy Robbie Neilson. :)

It would have to be a deal that suited the club and the player.

;)

Commander Harris

Can't think he'd be watching anyone there with a view to a move. Perhaps he was up in edinburgh for other reasons and fancied taking in a game?

Mendes is probably the best player in the SPL (although he was ****e on saturday) and he's nowhere near Manchester Utd quality.

It would have to be a deal that suited the club and the player.

;)

RN - "Y'know, I knocked it back, y'know because I was kinda settled y'know."

SAF - "We will turn our attention to new targets"

:eek:

Whilst it's probably more likely he was visiting Smith or meeting the family of a youngster is it really outwith the realms of possibility he was watching someone like Driver or Jonnson?

Darren Fletcher is a regular in the Man Utd squad and has years on both of them.

I think Driver especially will go onto play for a top Premiership team. Pace is one of the most important things down there and he can run at pace with the ball stuck to his foot. Combine that with being a natural left footer and he could certainly go onto big things.

Not for a couple seasons yet though hopefully.

Whilst it's probably more likely he was visiting Smith or meeting the family of a youngster is it really outwith the realms of possibility he was watching someone like Driver or Jonnson?

Darren Fletcher is a regular in the Man Utd squad and has years on both of them.

I think Driver especially will go onto play for a top Premiership team. Pace is one of the most important things down there and he can run at pace with the ball stuck to his foot. Combine that with being a natural left footer and he could certainly go onto big things.

Not for a couple seasons yet though hopefully.

yes. Jonsson wasn't even starting for feck sake!

Archived