Webster injured again / Gordon Waddell "deranged" comment (merged threads)

Jam Tarts 1874

Cursed. Two knee injuries, an ankle injury, a hernia and now it's his back.

That vodoo doll is working a treat. Where should I stick the next pin?:)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst reading this in my flying tea pot I can only say that we are all pot headed pixies......

I am You are we are crazeeeeeeeee......

signed

Geddy

Happens all the time. Alan McLaren, Neil McCann, Colin Cameron, etc

No hard feelings. Welcomed back at Tynecastle usually.

So maybe there's something different about the Webster case? Perhaps?

There are ways of doing things.

Enlighten me.

He chased the dollar, aided and abetted by his agent I believe. He invoked regulations to further his career.

Whoopy-fecking-doo.

Stone him.

The Wicker Man

Interesting that Waddle used the sentence...

But when you read the football shorts today spare a thought for poor Andy Webster.

In the SM match stats for yesterdays game from here

MATCH STATS

Shorts on 7

Shorts off 4

Offside 1

Fouls 22

Corner 4

Bocking 1

Shorts on 3

Shorts off 6

Offside 2

Fouls 23

Corner 4

Bocking 4

An unhealthy obsession me thinks ;)

Gav Aitchison
A young man makes a career mistake, based on bad advice. The poor sod has been blighted by injury since he left Hearts, after giving sterling service for years.

Not too happy about the style of his departure, but I don't wish him ill.

Same here.

Andrew Webster does not deserve and will not get sympathy from me. He is a dirty, judas and deserves everything that he gets. Serves him right imho.

Karma is a wonderful thing.

Player gives years of loyal service and wants to move to a bigger club shocker.

This thread corroborates Waddell's point.

If that's your view, perhaps it is you who is truly deranged?

Nelly Terraces

Waddell must be so sick today after his team of bandits got well boabied off us yesterday he had to come up wi that pash to try to put us in a bad light.

Immature and embarrassing, the bloke a total fandango writing for a f ***** g comic. Bloke just writes about the 1st thing that comes into his tiny mind, and none of it is worth wiping yer erse with when put into print.

Grade 1 tool.

NT - madder than a box of frogs. :)

I recall reading a post on here that stated that Andy Webster would not be fit for regular football again and his career was as good as over. It now seems that there may be some weight to that.

What does Waddell expect? Us to wish him well after he screwed our club over! Waddell GTF. Webster GTF. Couldn?t care for either of them, but even then I don?t wish ill upon him just enough discomfort that he takes stock of what he did and maybe tells Gordon Waddell or some other journo "I did wrong by Hearts and their fans".

What does Waddell expect? Us to wish him well after he screwed our club over! Waddell GTF. Webster GTF. Couldn?t care for either of them, but even then I don?t wish ill upon him just enough discomfort that he takes stock of what he did and maybe tells Gordon Waddell or some other journo "I did wrong by Hearts and their fans".

Webster owes us nothing, we owe him nothing.

I am completely neutral towards him now but he has my respect for the performances he put in as a Hearts player.

Many on here don't like Andy for the way he used this stupid rule, Which is a shame really.

Awww feck,I can't do it, GIRFUY Webster, judas is too good a word for you.

If Webster had been one of the Tynecastle fans targets for criticism to the extent he was forced to leave, some understanding may have been accepted. On the contrary he seemed to be a well respected player who used a legal technicality to leave the club, the further suspicion that Wigan was complicit with Rangers in accessing a move to that club further heightened the dislike and mistrust and total loss of respect offered to Webster.

It should be noted by critics of Hearts support that no Hearts supporter was involved in any of the injuries sustained by Webster, it should also be noted that some of these same supporters have expressed extreme sympathy for the unfortunate player, but to anticipate an outpouring of sympathy from the supporters of the team that he left by what most feel are devious means would be optimism on a par with anticipating a major lottery win.

A FEW deranged Hearts fans will call it poetic justice.

But when you read the football shorts today spare a thought for poor Andy Webster.

In five seasons at Tynecastle he played more than 200 games if you include his internationals. A total iron man.

A classic Scottish football success story, through the ranks from Division Two, up to the top end of the SPL and 22 caps before he'd turned 2 4, Premiership looming.

But the day he walks out the Tynecastle door and hits the headlines for trying to tear up his contract under a FIFA loophole?

Cursed. Two knee injuries, an ankle injury, a hernia and now it's his back.

In three seasons he's started five games with three different clubs. He went on loan to get form and fitness back, ended up an unused sub most weeks and then was injured again.

It's a long way back, if there even is one. But Andy was too good a player and too decent a lad not to hope he makes it.

Let's be fair, Rangers have been wonderful to the guy.

Who else would take a player they know to be crocked on loan for year, then give him a long-term contract when the injury gets worse?

Amazing.

Sounds very familiar. Panilla, Tulberg and many more

I wrote an article last sunday "webster ritchie and johnston" talent wasted by ibrox dream. in the article i stated how webster had around 22 caps before embarking on his dream move to the huns and how he had started only 5 games since falling out with hearts nearly 3 years ago.

3 at wigan 1 at rangers and 1 at bristol city.

waddell is right though after copying part of my story . the 3 judas gits have made a pigs ear of their careers.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

After all is said and done, it is difficult to find sympathy for someone who was reputedly offered ?15k a week at Hearts, would have undoubtedly become club captain and was a Scotland regular, who then got the "Hun" bug and wanted to head West, like countlesss others.

Whether the Vlad circus effected him or his vile agent had too much power over him, the final decision should not have been hard. Swap a cert at Hearts for his spurious "dream"? Even Paul Hartley would have been happy to stay at Hearts in the end despite his dream of wanting to go to Celtic.

Not much sympathy for Webster. He just never grew up.

Webster owes us nothing, we owe him nothing.

I am completely neutral towards him now but he has my respect for the performances he put in as a Hearts player.

He illegally broke a contract he signed under no pressure whatsoever and in turn cost Hearts a substantial amount of money.

In what way does he not owe us?

Webster, his agent, David Murray and Wigan chairman Whelan all worked to get him out of Hearts on the cheap.

The Wigan manager never wanted him there and showed it quite clearly and surprise surprise he is loaned to Rangers.

It was a dodgy as hell deal between these people and karma has came right back onto them and they've all ended up with a raw deal.

Webster only has to look at other players who went through the proper channels to get a move and see how he ****ed up. Gordon plays in the premiership and Paul Hartley plays regularly for his boyhood heroes as well as having won the league with them.

He chased the dollar, aided and abetted by his agent I believe.

Stone him.

That's how I see it as well:p

I wrote an article last sunday "webster ritchie and johnston" talent wasted by ibrox dream. in the article i stated how webster had around 22 caps before embarking on his dream move to the huns and how he had started only 5 games since falling out with hearts nearly 3 years ago.

3 at wigan 1 at rangers and 1 at bristol city.

waddell is right though after copying part of my story . the 3 judas gits have made a pigs ear of their careers.

I wish Webster every lack of success and hope his injury isn't trivial.

There was a rumour I was told that Hearts turned down a ?1m offer to let Ritchie go immediately to Rangers, because they thought they could get more money elsewhere. If this is true, then Ritchie got harshly treated by us compared to others that have moved on.

Alan Johnston invoked the bosman as well to leave for nothing. I thought he stabbed us in the back at the time, but hindsight shows his career hasn't really blossomed elsewhere.

Webster broke his contract and kicked us as fans in the teeth. Mind you, we should have seen it coming - he refused to go on the pre-season tour of Ireland and stayed at home.

We, and Arbroath, expected to see some loyalty from Webster, who we coached to become a regular Scotland International Defender. If he had signed a contract like Neil McCann, where a fixed price was in it to leave, then fair enough. Both clubs would have expected to have been compensated adequately for losing his services.

Sounds very familiar. Panilla, Tulberg and many more

Did Pinilla,Tulberg and many more{WTF} ?

Screw the team that made him as a player ?

Webster GTF

Alan Johnston invoked the bosman as well to leave for nothing. I thought he stabbed us in the back at the time, but hindsight shows his career hasn't really blossomed elsewhere.

Thought he had a decent season in France before helping Sunderland get to the premiership where he had a good spell. Scored the last ever goal at Roker Park so will surely be a bit of a cult hero at Sunderland.

Career then nose dived at Rangers like so many others.

We, and Arbroath, expected to see some loyalty from Webster, who we coached to become a regular Scotland International Defender. If he had signed a contract like Neil McCann, where a fixed price was in it to leave, then fair enough. Both clubs would have expected to have been compensated adequately for losing his services.

totally agree, even when he was at Rangers, I had a huge amount of respect for Neil McCann because of the way he went about getting a move out of Tynecastle. He respected the club enough to tell them he wanted to leave and also made sure they got a fair deal.

If Webster had been one of the Tynecastle fans targets for criticism to the extent he was forced to leave, some understanding may have been accepted. On the contrary he seemed to be a well respected player who used a legal technicality to leave the club, the further suspicion that Wigan was complicit with Rangers in accessing a move to that club further heightened the dislike and mistrust and total loss of respect offered to Webster.

It should be noted by critics of Hearts support that no Hearts supporter was involved in any of the injuries sustained by Webster, it should also be noted that some of these same supporters have expressed extreme sympathy for the unfortunate player, but to anticipate an outpouring of sympathy from the supporters of the team that he left by what most feel are devious means would be optimism on a par with anticipating a major lottery win.

Cracking post Bob, very well summarised.

Johanes de Silentio

I honestly can't say that I feel the slightest bit sorry for him - ****ed us over good and proper. He must be loaded, which will help him to retrain for another career.

Hearts fans on this very site the other day celebrating an injury incurred by Jamie Mole is another matter entirely.

Mole's 'crime' is being not up to the job he's been unfairly thrown into far too early - always gives his best, and has done the best he can for HMFC.

Webster willfully shafted the club that made him - I'm not saying he deserves to be injured - I'm just not upset about it, and I don't expect that many other Jambos will be either.

I wish Webster every lack of success and hope his injury isn't trivial.

There was a rumour I was told that Hearts turned down a ?1m offer to let Ritchie go immediately to Rangers, because they thought they could get more money elsewhere. If this is true, then Ritchie got harshly treated by us compared to others that have moved on.

Webster broke his contract and kicked us as fans in the teeth. Mind you, we should have seen it coming - he refused to go on the pre-season tour of Ireland and stayed at home.

Can you see the Pieman turning down a 1 Million offer for a player who doesn?t want a new deal?...Me neither

No one disputes his value to the team and fans when he played for us. The way he tried to leave on the cheap, and his lack of respect for the club and we fans leaves him alone in being devoid of our sympathy!

What goes around comes around...........(sorry its time for me to get back in my Cell at Carstairs........)

That reminds me the guy in the cell next door, limps a lot, I must ask him what scottish football team he tried to do the dirty on! I'll get him when the lights go out...........

Happens all the time. Alan McLaren, Neil McCann, Colin Cameron, etc

No hard feelings. Welcomed back at Tynecastle usually.

So maybe there's something different about the Webster case? Perhaps?

There are ways of doing things.

Correct, Webster Ritchie & Johnston :mad: all bad for my club , i dislike them

best in the land

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

:)

hope he never plays again and has to work at mcdonalds.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

:)

hope he never plays again and has to work at mcdonalds.

the 1 in Gorgie Rd ;)

Archived