Can Hearts match or better Burley's run of 8 wins in a row

vegas-voss

when was the last time we won 5 in a row before Burley?

Assuming you mean league fixtures only

It was the end of the 2004 season

01 May 2004 Dundee United A 2-0

08 May 2004 Dunfermline H 2-1

12 May 2004 Rangers A 1-0

16 May 2004 Motherwell H 3-2

and then the opening game of the next one

07 Aug 2004 Dundee A 1-0

The last time we won 5 in a row in one season before 2005 was in the 1997-98 Season when we actually won 6 in a row:

29 Oct 97 Dunfermline(H)3-1

1 Nov 97 Aberdeen(A) 4-1

8 Nov 97 Hibs(H) 2-0

15 Nov 97 St Johnstone(H) 2-1

23 Nov 07 Kilmarnock(H) 5-3

6 Dec 97 Motherwell(H) 2-0

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/sea/1997-98.html

mmm, it would be nice for it to happen but the main thing is to have a long haul of positive results.

I don`t expect us to go unbeaten for the rest of the season but it`s these sort of wee runs we need to produce more often in our push to get ahead of the rest.

And i don`t see why we can`t? If the players continue to play on their confidence and show the same application week to week we are going to be a very hard team to beat.

We`ll suffer injuries and suspensions like any other team but the main area of concern for me is upfront. If Nade gets injured we`ve not got a proven replacement.

I don't understand why we should fear Motherwell.

They're gash this season, our players are flying, we've beaten them already and we've won our last 4 SPL matches at Fir Park.

The_Kiss_of_Death_by_vnigma.jpg

Hearts Heritage
Burley won 8 in a row before losing to Livingston in the league cup

It was 8 in a row in all games AND 8 in a row in the league.

Correct.

See the Pink Numbers to the right of the crowd.

Fozzyonthefence

Time to move on. Valdas won us the cup, remember?

To be fair, Rix's team did most of the work, beating Killie & Aberdeen. All we did under Valdas was beat an understrength Hobos team and scrape past the mighty Gretna on penalties. I think we would still have won the cup if I had been in charge for these 2 games.

I really don't care about runs or in-a-rows (except against THEM).

I just want to see my team putting in a good performance each week, trying their very best and picking up as many points as possible on the way.

jamboinglasgow

I want us to beat motherwell, but they are a wounded animal, they may fight harder after the last two loses and I am sure McGhee will not want to be made a fool again for rejecting Hearts.

If we do beat motherwell I do not care what happens against Celtic as long as we play our best. Csaba excites me more and more, he is playing the right tactics for what players we have and motivating and developing our players well.

Gav Aitchison

The current run of results is fantastic, but let's remember they've all been single-goal victories. We're not destroying teams. If we were to continue this run to eight wins, it'd be a phenomenal achievement.

Lazlo is right - we need to take this one game at a time.

No reason to think that we can't win at Motherwell. Suspect darkheid might be a bit of a tall ask but let's worry about that when we get there. Remember, if we can not lose to anyone it is a result in our favour as we are putting together results against the teams we should be beating.

if we do get humped at firpark or celtic park we must still focus on the positives and this chap Laszo is the real deal - the way he has beaten the team into shape whilst working under Vlad is a testament to the guy's professionalism and effectiveness as a leader and manager

Guest S.U.S.S.

Why are we fearing Celtic?

Look at the pish that beats them in Europe. We have to start believing in ourselves before others will.

Send them out with the right attitude or dont turn up as we seem to be beaten before we turn up sometimes.

Drylaw Hearts

Look at the pish that beats them in Europe. We have to start believing in ourselves before others will.

Send them out with the right attitude or dont turn up as we seem to be beaten before we turn up sometimes.

Don't you mean "the majority of the time" !!

Think that six wins in a row would be a great achievement. Can't see us beating the Dhims away, sadly - although it'd be great if we did.

Edit : I seem to have missed some action here. :laugh:

I reckon we'll get to 6 and lose to Celtic.

Celtic are 100% there for the taking. As are Motherwell.

If we do beat Celtic, can we have another Chorus of 'We are unbeatable' like we sang there under Burley?

agree mate. There still seems to be strains of an inferiority complex in scottish football still.

It fecks me off when average players like Caldwell, Brown, Wilson are picking up titles and strutting around SPL grounds like legends, wee diddy men like Mcdonald, McGeady and Maloney get too much respect and get away with murder.

I`m not saying you can stop them all the time but i really don`t think these guys are all that. This country really suffers from a mental block when it comes to the OF.They`re the sh itist they`ve been for years.

Archived