I still can't understand it....

davemclaren

Your team is 2-1 up at home, playing with 10 men against some soap dodgers from the west. There's 5 minutes to go and you think to yourself.....nah, all wrapped up, I'll just head off to get earlyish to the pub/train/bus.

I just don't get it and I guess I never will!! :eek:

Your team is 2-1 up at home, playing with 10 men against some soap dodgers from the west. There's 5 minutes to go and you think to yourself.....nah, all wrapped up, I'll just head off to get earlyish to the pub/train/bus.

Me too. I?ve never left a match early. Not because I?m some kind of masochist but because I?ve bothered my erse to get along there so why worry about getting home ten minutes earlier? And whilst we are on the matter, I don?t half get annoyed with people who park near the stadium and then try to bully their way past pedestrians as they seek to get away from the stadium...what is their bloody hurry? What is their next appointment that is so pressing and important? Idiots.

Wondered how long it would take for someone to have a moan.

Dont worry,be happy;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Me too. I?ve never left a match early. Not because I?m some kind of masochist but because I?ve bothered my erse to get along there so why worry about getting home ten minutes earlier? And whilst we are on the matter, I don?t half get annoyed with people who park near the stadium and then try to bully their way past pedestrians as they seek to get away from the stadium...what is their bloody hurry? What is their next appointment that is so pressing and important? Idiots.

I did that today, People shouldn't be walking in the middle of the road, if I did that I'd expect to get moaned at by people driving.

And, if the boy who smacked my mirror today when I beeped my horn at him to move reads this, I hope it made you feel better. Idiot.

I left the 4-4 (Graeme Weir) game after Hibs went 4-2 up in injury time; and I've ben kicking myself ever since.

Four or five Hearts fans where I was left after 89-90 mins today. I couldn't understand it at all. The final whistle was like celebrating a third goal.

But it's their choice. They've paid their money. They can can do as they like.

Buffalo Bill

I did that today, People shouldn't be walking in the middle of the road, if I did that I'd expect to get moaned at by people driving.

And, if the boy who smacked my mirror today when I beeped my horn at him to move reads this, I hope it made you feel better. Idiot.

where are they meant to walk when the pavements are full,bit silly to park near the ground knowing there would be loads of people walking on road after final whistle.

Wondered how long it would take for someone to have a moan.

Dont worry,be happy;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

It's not a moan at all. People pay their money and can leave when they like, but, as the titles says.......I don't understand it. :)

where are they meant to walk when the pavements are full,bit silly to park near the ground knowing there would be loads of people walking on road after final whistle.

I left the game at full time so this was a good 15 minutes after the game, so I understand there will be people still leaving. Thing is, why do you walk in the middle of the road? I was trying to get in to the lane going in the direction of Fountain Park by the old bank and people were still in my way. Surely you can get closer to the pavement?

I left the game at full time so this was a good 15 minutes after the game, so I understand there will be people still leaving. Thing is, why do you walk in the middle of the road? I was trying to get in to the lane going in the direction of Fountain Park by the old bank and people were still in my way. Surely you can get closer to the pavement?

surely would have been easier to find a space in polwarth maybe? how much time did you save by beeping your horn at some lad who was prob more interested in celebrating a hearts win than some bloke driving a car through gorgie on match day?

Thunderstruck

I prefer to hang about for a few minutes after final whistle. Never in that much of a rush and it avoids most of the crush at exits. Only ever left early once by a full 30 secs - from Murrayfield but really did have a train to catch and, sod's law, it was 20 min late!

I went for a walk, thought hobo ref would screw us over and didn't want to see it, does that make you a better supporter than me?

I left the 4-4 (Graeme Weir) game after Hibs went 4-2 up in injury time; and I've ben kicking myself ever since.

Four or five Hearts fans where I was left after 89-90 mins today. I couldn't understand it at all. The final whistle was like celebrating a third goal.

Buffalo Bill

Almost left myself at that game, it was the first game I'd taken my fiance to and she talked me into staying. Needless to say we're still together :)

As for me, the only time I can remember leaving a game early was the Dunfermline cup game at East End when they got the late winner, I was in the home end and was spotted as soon as the goal went in as I wasn't celebrating so I walked out as I couldn't be arsed with the crap from the in breds around me

Left ma seat with 2 minutes of injury time to play but walked slowly and hung about to hear the final whistle - its a feckin nightmare bein stuck at the back of section G at closin time - we'd be in deep scheidt if there was ever an emergency!

I have never understood it either. Similarly, I agree with those that say it is their choice, however I have never understood the "if I leave five minutes early I can get the early bus" rationale.

I myself have only left one game early and that was the embarrassment at Rugby Park a year or so ago.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Geezer in front of me always leaves ten minutes early but I think its because he's with his old man who looks in his 80's and a bit shaky on the old pegs.

They stayed till the end yesterday:)

maroonlegions

Buffalo Bill

My brother was trying to get me to leave the 4-4 game after they went 4-2 up but i would not go , then we scored and he STILL wanted to go.Well we were right behind the hobo dug out , you should have seen his face and celebrations when Weir scored, quality.Back to the topic i have only left a game early once and that was a few seasons ago:cool:, feck i even stayed right to the death at the 6-2 game:eek: and seen Cameron's goal.:rolleyes:

Only ever left a game early - way, way back, at Celtic Park, 5-0 down with 10 minutes to go - got home to find that Alan Gordon had scored twice in last ten minutes.

Not in the same league as 4-4 game but, after all that suffering, to miss out on the sugar coating of the bitter pill ensured I'd never leave early again!!!

Dagger Is Back

FFS

Maybe folks have to go to work

Maybe have to picks up kids/wife

Maybe folks don't like leaving with the crowd

Maybe folks have young kids that they want to get out of the way of a massed exodus

Who knows.

Just for the record. There are many games that I turn up to 20/30 mnutes late. It's because I work every Saturday and often until 2.30/3.00pm.

There are lots of reasons for folks turning up late/early. If folks leave early it makes it easier or us to get out at the end. Unless you're in Row 25 of Section G where if there was a fire you'd be found sitting in your seat burned to a crip!

What's the safety time limit rules on getting the stadium emptied?

portobellojambo1

The usual reason I leave my seat a few minutes early dave is because I am in Wheatfield Block E, row 30 (the back row), and if you time it right you can get towards the end of the concourse just as the FT whistle is going. If I sit in my seat until the final whistle blows I am very often one of the last people out of the stadium.

If we are getting humped or are comfortably winning, and I intend heading straight home, this 5/10 minutes means I can connect with a bus at the bottom of Ardmillan Terrace, if I wait until the FT whistle the bus is at the East end of Princess Street before I get out the ground.

Applying this logic would suggest it's OK for motorists to drive on the pavements when there is traffic gridlock,...........after all, where else are they supposed to drive if the roads are full ?

ToadKiller Dog

Each to there own i suppose.

I prefer to applaud the side at the end if they deserve it or to back them for the last 5mins if its tight.

but i do notice that by the time i pass the gorgie fish bar there is the usual stout lad just finishing off his supper ,he cant be leaving early just so he can clogg up his arteries ?.

me too, only game i have left early at, and i only left cause it was a ****ty penalty decision!

Applying this logic would suggest it's OK for motorists to drive on the pavements when there is traffic gridlock,...........after all, where else are they supposed to drive if the roads are full ?

Wow.....you're a moron.....congratulations! :fing10:

The two guys behind us leave at half time EVERY game and yesterday was no exception. I just can't understand them.

Maybe they sit somewhere else in the second half,theres a wide choice of seats at Tynecastle these days.

Guest Fabuloso

Leaving early quite obviously means you are only around 96% committed to the club compared to fans who watch the whole game who are 100%. Fans who don't attend are obviously not committed at all, etc, etc

What a load of tripe.

For the record I always hated it when fans were leaving when all to play for. It makes little sense. Getting humped however, I can understand that.

Fans who leave early is a sign of many things - personal commitments, perhaps wanting to avoid a crush (could be unsteady on their feet), lack of interest, performance on the pitch - but one line of thought is that it signal the quality of access to the stadium. I'm at the Emirates this season, and the access is fantastic - 20 minutes from many tube stations and major bus routes and many in-stadium knees ups after the match - and fans stay longer. Give them better options for getting home, and they'll give you more loyalty off their clock. Deodato

After leaving early and missing Hose Kitongos last second winner against Celtic i have never left a game till after the final whistle.:walk_man:

I leave most games just after the board goes up unless it says 3 or 4 minutes. Its what I do and often I'm rushing to get to work or just avoid traffic. I can't understand why people can't just let others do what they do and leave it at that. That said, anyone who is in after the kick off should be made to stand in the concourse till half time. Lazy not as good as me part time supporters that they are. ;)

Buffalo Bill

Exactly. Great when the whistle finally blew. Plus you can pay some proper respect to the team who gave their all over the 90mins.

And the odd GIRUY to the departing hun is always a good thing ;)

Fans who leave early is a sign of many things - personal commitments, perhaps wanting to avoid a crush (could be unsteady on their feet), lack of interest, performance on the pitch - but one line of thought is that it signal the quality of access to the stadium. I'm at the Emirates this season, and the access is fantastic - 20 minutes from many tube stations and major bus routes and many in-stadium knees ups after the match - and fans stay longer. Give them better options for getting home, and they'll give you more loyalty off their clock. Deodato

That part would be negated by waiting at the end (not even long, five minutes would suffice) until the main deluge of folk have left.

I went for a walk, thought hobo ref would screw us over and didn't want to see it, does that make you a better supporter than me?

Who mentioned better supporter than anyone? :rolleyes:

After leaving early and missing Hose Kitongos last second winner against Celtic i have never left a game till after the final whistle.:walk_man:

:hobofish:

****ing well sick of these "look at me Im a better Hearts fan than you" threads.

Plank!

:th_Yawn: If I could find the drama queen smiley I would have used it.

However, I won't show any interest in the behaviour of football fans again as it clearly upsets you and I've no right to ask such a controversial question. :rolleyes:

Archived