Berra brilliant again

vegas-voss

This lad is just getting better and better right now.Already a much better player than Webster was(don't expect many to agree with me)and if you compare him with the likes of Bougerra(sp) who the papers have EPL clubs looking to pay ?5m for than Berra by the end of this season if form continues must be worth about the same.A scottish centre half pace,can't remember the last time there was one of those.

He was absolutely outstanding today. Defended brilliantly and acting like a captain all over the pitch.

Rangers just couldn't cope with him at set pieces as well.

MOTM for me today,great display.

well done berra.

Agreed either Berra or Nade where man of the match. Berras getting better everyweek has to be said hes double the player he was last year ! :D

I said he'd capain Scotland at some point when I first saw him and I stand by that remark today.

He's in tremendous form atm.

The Mighty Thor

MOTM for me too.

He was awesome today and won every header he went for apart from the occasions where that fat lazy waster Boyd was trying to smash his face up with his elbows.

Agreed either Berra or Nade where man of the match. Berras getting better everyweek has to be said hes double the player he was last year ! :D

Shows what good tactics and man management can do for a player.He had a team in dissaray to try and carry on his shoulders last season and just could not cope with that at the time.

Jambof3tornado
Brillant performance, but would say Zali was better of the two today

For the 1st time ever,I find myself agreeing with you,who are you and wheres the real prancer??

Is it the fact they are both improving as partners that we now see the best in them??

Well done all round today.

Shows what good tactics and man management can do for a player.He had a team in dissaray to try and carry on his shoulders last season and just could not cope with that at the time.

True ! , Csaba's got the defence working as a unit and Berra is a capable leader now.

Well done lads! absolutely delighted! Berra was my MOTM today, but there were a lot of good performances today.:):fing10::fing10::fing10::fing10:

chester copperpot

That was one of the best defensive performances I had witnessed from a Hearts player.

Absolute collosus at the back.

blondejamtart

Berra's definitely matured in recent games - acting more like a captain now too (and I'm the first to admit that I was criticial of him as captain earlier this season - thought he was far too quiet in that role).

I've been critical of Berra in the past but he has been superb the last few games and has been playing much more like a captain.

Said a couple of weeks ago that all Berra needs in his game to be top class is 1) experience (which comes in time) and 2) aggression in the opposition penalty box - which we saw in spades today.

Well done Christophe.

portobellojambo1
Berra brilliant again
Don't think anyone could argue with that, Berra had a superb game today, both in defence and in the opposition's penalty area.

It was actually very difficult to spot any weaknesses in the Hearts team, which in itself is a very, very pleasant/pleasing thing, but for me Berra at the back and Nade up front did a power of work and were our two best overall performers.

Gillsland jack

Berra, outstanding performance, came of age for me today, all season I've been thinking stuff like, does he have what it takes to captain a Hearts team to a victory in Glasgow when our backs are against the wall and we would still be having to contend with cheating officials and elbows in the face.

Today he dealt with everything those cheating bassa's threw at him, never reacted, never got himself sent off, fantastic for a young player.

Son Of Anarchy

agreed. berra is getting better and better each week and is acting like a captain now.Ive slated zali in the past but full credit to the boy,superb today and a goal aswell.Well done hearts.

Can't recall him ever playing better and certainly not in a big game like today's. It was a standout performance and I would love to hear what some of the well known faces in the directors box thought about his contribution. He will certainly have attracted attention with his commitment and the fact he won header after header as the Hun launched long balls. His no nonsense clearances and simple yet effective distribution was also impressive and for me it was his finest hour (and a half!) in a Hearts strip and as captain.

lost in leith

Given Zal a bit of stick when I thought he deserved it, so a round of applause for him today. Wonder if the Huns will get stick in the media for playing hoofball for 90% of the game :rolleyes:

Given Zal a bit of stick when I thought he deserved it, so a round of applause for him today. Wonder if the Huns will get stick in the media for playing hoofball for 90% of the game :rolleyes:

almost p****d myself after that lol

Patrick Bateman

If we can sell Craig Gordon for ?9 Million then I'd look for about ?5-6 Million for Berra, in all seriousness. Strangely, I think he'd suit Italian or Spanish football a lot better than English...

I thought Berra was excellent today, well deserving of the 9/10's + comments he is getting in the match ratings. (unfortunately imo some folk give him those same marks/comments when he has an average game)

I thought the whole defence were great today including Neilson :eek:, and they were ably supported when need be by the rest of the team.

This lad is just getting better and better right now.Already a much better player than Webster was(don't expect many to agree with me)and if you compare him with the likes of Bougerra(sp) who the papers have EPL clubs looking to pay ?5m for than Berra by the end of this season if form continues must be worth about the same.A scottish centre half pace,can't remember the last time there was one of those.

Berra was magnificent again.

Buffalo Bill

Berra was magnificent again.

Buffalo Bill

berra was strong.but for me Zaliukas was brill today.twice he was fouled badly,only for a weak ref to tell him to get up.imo it spurred him on.:)

If we can sell Craig Gordon for ?9 Million then I'd look for about ?5-6 Million for Berra, in all seriousness. Strangely, I think he'd suit Italian or Spanish football a lot better than English...[/QUOTE]

Good shout, I think when he does go, it should be to either of these countries.

Berra like Zal was immense today but as for captain material,not in a month of Sundays.

After his 5th foul a decent captain would be harranging the referree over Boyd's non attempt at playing the ball yet even when Boyd made his tenth foul Berra was nowhere.Is Berra mute?

I like Berra but I can't remember a softer centre half at Hearts who has enjoyed such hero status.

Gav Aitchison
Berra like Zal was immense today but as for captain material,not in a month of Sundays.

After his 5th foul a decent captain would be harranging the referree over Boyd's non attempt at playing the ball yet even when Boyd made his tenth foul Berra was nowhere.Is Berra mute?

I like Berra but I can't remember a softer centre half at Hearts who has enjoyed such hero status.

Are you seriously saying that not showing dissent makes him an unsuitable captain? (If it was sarcasm then apologies for missing it).

Berra was superb today and MOTM in my view.

I think this is something that Csaba discourages in the team. There appears to be a policy of "no comment" towards officials in the last few games.

Are you seriously saying that not showing dissent makes him an unsuitable captain? (If it was sarcasm then apologies for missing it).

Berra was superb today and MOTM in my view.

No,I am saying that a captain should question a referee at certain times or point out certain instances in a game.Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive in my opinion.Big differance from dissent.

scott herbertson
No,I am saying that a captain should question a referee at certain times or point out certain instances in a game.Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive in my opinion.Big differance from dissent.

Given the tendency of referees to send Hearts players off just for breathing in recent years I think the policy of saying nought is just dandy

Given the tendency of referees to send Hearts players off just for breathing in recent years I think the policy of saying nought is just dandy

It can be done without confrontation if the player has the intelligence.

Berra, outstanding performance, came of age for me today, all season I've been thinking stuff like, does he have what it takes to captain a Hearts team to a victory in Glasgow when our backs are against the wall and we would still be having to contend with cheating officials and elbows in the face.

Today he dealt with everything those cheating bassa's threw at him, never reacted, never got himself sent off, fantastic for a young player.

Spot on. The first time I've seen him be the captain he should be. A fantastic performance and acted like a true leader.

Absolutely brilliant.

Gav Aitchison

Fair point, but I still think it better for a captain to just deal with his own team, and let the ref ref.

Generic Username

Berra was bang on the money today, as was big Zal.

How Berra lasted the whole game without having his head chopped off by Kris Boyd's constant flying elbows is a mystery.

Jambof3tornado

And Berra does go to the ref occasionally and unconfrontationally(what a big word for this hour!!!). He is growing into the role of captain,hardly ever loses the head and leads by example,lets hope we can hold on to him.

Berra was once again immense today but Zali deserves a more than honourable mention. He's been criticised (deservedly so) in recent weeks for mistakes but today was equally as solid as Berra and added a goal too.

Berra is also looking more and more like a captain every week as well. He still has certain things to learn about being a captain, as alluded to earlier in this thread, but in terms of leading by example he's doing a great job right now. His comitment to the cause is unquestionable.

Berra was superb today and he's been a big reason why we've done so well over the past five matches. He's not only playing like a captain, he's acting like one too. I'm starting to think that he can go a long way in today's game, I just hope we can at least keep him until the summer.

Archived