Dougie (I hate Hearts) McDonald

JennytheJambo

Not read the whole thread but think the ref could have given possibly 2 justifiable penalties for them. Lee Wallace was stupid and we had to play extremely well to hang on in the end

?

When, I can't think of anything at all in the game?

Is your surname McCoist :P

Wallace was deservedly sent off but Whittiker should have went in the first half before he was even shown the yellow card. He kicked the ball away in an act of petulance- should have been a booking, then his lunge a few minutes later could have been a straight red.

Bougherra and Driver both could have seen straight reds, Bougherra for (i think) kicking Driver when he was down and Driver for attempted retaliation.

Good point, Kenif - a straight red if ever there was one - oh, I forgot - he's part of the GFA

Listening to the commentary today (not HW), the guy said "that's great for a team up against the old firm" - there was me thinking it was a level playing field - that's me telt.:)

Not McCoist but wouldn't have mind shagging Patsy Kensit :)

IMO Ruben's tackle on the edge of the box towards then end of the first half was actually in the box and then there was a shout towards the end of the game where Robbie had his arms wrapped right round a hun (poss Lafferty?) and the orcs were all going daft

Not McCoist but wouldn't have mind shagging Patsy Kensit :)

IMO Ruben's tackle on the edge of the box towards then end of the first half was actually in the box and then there was a shout towards the end of the game where Robbie had his arms wrapped right round a hun (poss Lafferty?) and the orcs were all going daft

Mendes ended up about a yard and a half outside the box, with the original tackle a foot outside.

Worst official was the Main Stand linesman. Couldn't see a thing. Gave a throw to Rangers which should have gone to Hearts, then from the throw, Aguiar I think headed it backwards where the linesman flagged Boyd offside.

Unbelievably s**t!

Yes, saw that as well. I thin he realised he got the first decision wrong then made a 2nd wrong decision to try and correct the first one.

Sadly that's the poor standard of Scottish officials we have to endure.

Agreed on the 4 mins but that was hardly the refs fault. The 4th official decides that one.

All in all McDonald had a decent game for once.

There were 5 subs and you add 30secs on for each sub plus add on time for any injuries or time wasting so 4m wasn't too far away from the truth.

HMFCjamieHMFC
I am positive Bougherra had a kick at Berra towrads the end although it was behind MacDonald. The assistant should be assisting him.

He did and when you add in his stamp on Driver he has got to get a long bang

He let the Huns take their free kick over and over until they finally managed to get it in the net. :mad::1222::ahhhhhhh::_wtf___by_Green_Ogr

Agreed and from a Broadfoot dive as well.

He did and when you add in his stamp on Driver he has got to get a long bang

Driver could get a ban also for retaliation though as someone has already said he tried to kick Bougherra after it.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Driver could get a ban also for retaliation though as someone has already said he tried to kick Bougherra after it.

I never saw that i only saw Bougherra stamp on him when i was re watching the goals after i got back home

Not the worst refereeing performance against the OF by a long way. Wallace's first foul was definately a booking, I thought with the second he could have been more lenient particularly as there was nothing malicious about it. It was worth a booking if it was his first card but seemed harsh to send him off. Boyd was lucky to stay on the pitch. He definately led with his elbow at least a couple of times after his booking.

All in all the Huns were crap and our first half performance deserved more than a one goal lead.

Not sure if anyone else noticed or if it will be spotted on the highlights, but look out for doogie at the first goal, he must look at it for about 20-30 seconds ponderong how he could chop it of and get away with it, he must have been spewing he had to give it. his record must be shocking now, I think its 2-2-15 now!!!!

Thought MacDonald was very lenient on der Hun all through the game.

Boyd should certainly not have seen out the 95 minutes.

When Driver went down in their box near the end...was that MacGregor having a nip at him? Satanta never showed it - surprisingly :rolleyes:

Also the number of times the ersehole commentator mentioned Sellik was beginning to peeve me.

Don't worry, I'm sure the print media will be all over it.

:rolleyes:

Dougie has had some shockers but he was excellent today and got almost everything correct.

The best refereeing display i have have seen this season by far.

I would disagree with that. He was spot on with Wallace however Boyd and Whittaker both could easily have walked. Not only that his interpretation of the advantage rule is at best laughable!!!

MacDonald did well today. No complaints for once.

Sorry mate but I think that's boal ax. Watch the re-run on Setanta tonight and you will see Neilson didn't get one decision go his way, Boyd should have been shown the red card for persistent fowling, Weirs elbows were in Nades face every time they went up for a ball and Barry the untouchable just had to get a bit of dirt on his shorts and the ****bag got a freekick.

Thankfully they couldn't get the ball into our box during the last 4 minutes added time because if they had you just new he'd have given them a pen.

The fact of the matter is the JT's pumped der Hun and their hobo sympathising ref today and it was Magic you know.

No matter how much i hate the little rat i though he had a good game tbh.

In a frenetic match it`s hard to see everything and we got alot of our decisions when we should have , so i can`t complain.

There will obviously be things he didn`t pick up and the main one for me was Bougherras deliberate handball leading to our first goal.

He should`ve been sent off.

MacDonald did well today. No complaints for once.

Almost interista, but I have one issue and it's bigger than yesterdays game alone.

I totally agree Wallace was stupid and had to go off, the ref had no other choice. However Boyd and Whittaker, by my reckoning, probably had about 10-12 fouls between them and only ended up with a yellow each. Lee had 2 fouls and was marching down the tunnel.

At the end of the season we will be the ones with the 40 grand fine and everyone will be lauding Rangers for their excellent discipline when we all know from the likes of yesterdays game that's the opposite of the truth.

It's just extremely frustrating.

MackaysCentreSpot

The one incident that sticks in my mind from yesterday's game that reminded me why I hate the feckin cheating Hibs barsteward McDonald so much was this.

At the end of added on time in the first half we were attacking Rangers goal and the ball got played out of the box. Muppet Mcdonald put his whistle to his lips to blow but then, and this showed him for what a he really is, saw that Rangers had picked the ball up and were on a counter attack and played on. :mad:

Thankfully it came to nothing but just imagine if they had went up the park and scored because of blatant cheating by a SFA official.

I know a few of the guys around me in the Main Stand also noticed this and were raging.

Decent game but there should have been at least one red card before Wallace got his.

And it be a real sickener for him - 2 games in a row that Hearts have won with him in the middle.

Wallace was rightly sent off. That doesnt change the fact he failed to send off at least two rangers players as well as pointed out. However we won so I wont rant too much this time. 4 mins though?

Gav Aitchison

Scotish refereeing is generally lousy, and yesterday's performance wasn't brilliant, but we've endured far far worse over the years. Boys should have picked up a second booking, but that aside there were few real shocking calls.

Finally a note of sadness regarding the change in persona evidenced in Davie Weir. A hearts great IMO and, again IMO, a gentleman.

Maybe he's been "walterised" during his spells at Goodison & Ipox. But after his display today in terms of sheer brutish play & referee intimidation, he has lost a good deal of the respect I had for him, both as a player & a man. Doubtless he'll lose no sleep over my opinion, but maybe pre-Ibrox he might have. .

Interesting observation on Weir. You are of coure correct 'in terms of sheer brutish play & referee intimidation' but I kind of feel sorry for him. He's an ageing pro, and far too much is being asked of him, he has poor quality players around him who are unable to do the hard grafting required, and thus more emphasis is put on Weir - and quite frankly at this stage of his career he simply cannot cope, or deliver what is required. He therefore resorts to the tactics you refer to.

For a man who is respected to a point (It still irks me that he took a major huffy iro Scotland) he should show some self respect and call it a day - sooner rather than later. I think its generally known, but perhaps not widely known that Weir (and Gary Naismith) contributed financially to Save our Hearts, and for that reason, and of course 16 May 1998, I just cant think badly of him.

As you say though argyjambo he'll lose no sleep over my opinion either.

cheeseypleasey
His whole attitude to the game changed when we went 2 up IMO.

Then he gave them EVERYTHING, even if there was nothing to give.

thats how i see it too

i sit in section c and most games i go a bit mental at the ref but yesterday was unreal it felt like were not allowed too even tackle them .it was free kicks to rangers if we got the ball out our half !funny how many times these refs like to talk to the old firm players rather than book them yet us ,straight yellow ,first offence cause the big team is toiling and need something to give .no wonder i go nuts at them refs

Gav Aitchison
I think its generally known, but perhaps not widely known that Weir (and Gary Naismith) contributed financially to Save our Hearts.

I hadn't realised that John (or perhaps I'd just forgotten) but major respect to both for doing so. I've nothing but respect for Weir, even if he was a bit out of order at times yesterday.

Weir v Nade in a 100m sprint - now that would be interesting...

Scotish refereeing is generally lousy, and yesterday's performance wasn't brilliant, but we've endured far far worse over the years. Boys should have picked up a second booking, but that aside there were few real shocking calls.

That is the really sad fact. We are pleased as punch because DM wasn't nearly as biased as he can be ..........or at least his bias was 'less effective' than normal :(

I though Whittaker should have seen a yellow for his lunge and considering he took no action there ( flying in studs up surely = some kind of card ) then Lee's 1st booking was surely harsh. You would hope to get off with one iffy challenge ( which Burk made a meal of IMO ), with a word from the ref telling you that you are now on the clock !

Also agree with the Davy Weir comments - he's acting like a Hun bawbag now :sad:

Would have been a travesty if they had got a point as that was the most ordinary Hun side I have seen in a long time.

Agreed on the 4 mins but that was hardly the refs fault. The 4th official decides that one.

All in all McDonald had a decent game for once.

It is the Referee's decision on what amount is added on. the time displayed is for "indication only" (ie 4mins can be 5 or 6 if the OF are getting beat).

The ref tells 4th official what to display

Worst official was the Main Stand linesman. Couldn't see a thing. Gave a throw to Rangers which should have gone to Hearts, then from the throw, Aguiar I think headed it backwards where the linesman flagged Boyd offside.

Unbelievably s**t!

seen that he had his flag up before the ball was even out.

I think that he gave the offside to even things out

According to Sporting Life's stats Rangers commited 22 fouls (Hearts 22 as well) I'll wager Boyd commited more than half of them, surely merits more than 1 yellow card . . . :ahhhhhhh:

Boyd committed 7 fouls. He was booked after his 6th. I think all but one of them was a foul on Berra.

Archived