Dougie (I hate Hearts) McDonald

JennytheJambo

JennytheJambo

I thought he started off too well after booking 3 Rangers players in the 1st half. It is beyond me (oh they are Rangers players after all) how Boyd, Adam, Whittaker were allowed numerous bad challenges before being booked and Wallace gets booked for his 1st foul (he though was stupid to commit another challange the way he did) for the red. Rangers were middens today as always.

Well done JT's you were brilliant

Guest Fabuloso
I thought he started off too well after booking 3 Rangers players in the 1st half. It is beyond me (oh they are Rangers players after all) how Boyd, Adam, Whittaker were allowed numerous bad challenges before being booked and Wallace gets booked for his 1st foul (he though was stupid to commit another challange the way he did) for the red. Rangers were middens today as always.

Well done JT's you were brilliant

Whittaker got away with a shocker in the first. Worse than Lee's combined.

Playing against 12 men as we always do when McDonald is in the middle for us Jen. You're right though, how Der Huns got away with so much beggars belief!?

Dougie has had some shockers but he was excellent today and got almost everything correct.

The best refereeing display i have have seen this season by far.

best in the land

considering what ranger's were getting away with i think the red was a bit harsh, the first booking could have been just a word in his ear,but lee was an idiot to go in for the second when he was on a yellow.

just give the hibby the chance to send him off.

also where he got 4 mins from is a joke.

I watched the game with a Hobo mate and even he was amazed at how many elbows to faces were ignored. Weir and Boyd could and should both have walked.

Great result though, so no time for what ifs.

considering what ranger's were getting away with i think the red was a bit harsh, the first booking could have been just a word in his ear,but lee was an idiot to go in for the second when he was on a yellow.

just give the hibby the chance to send him off.

also where he got 4 mins from is a joke.

5 substitutions is 2.5 minutes plus treatment to players and some slight hearts time wasting makes 4 minutes easy.

Wallace was deservedly sent off but Whittiker should have went in the first half before he was even shown the yellow card. He kicked the ball away in an act of petulance- should have been a booking, then his lunge a few minutes later could have been a straight red.

Bougherra and Driver both could have seen straight reds, Bougherra for (i think) kicking Driver when he was down and Driver for attempted retaliation.

McDonald got most of his decisions right today, a few dodgy ones but that is football.

Where he errored imo was allowing Rangers players to get away with constant fouls (most leading with an elbow) before being booked yet Wallace receives 2 instant bookings for run of the mill tackles, his only 2 fouls n the game.

He twice spoke to Lafferty for dissent........dissent = a booking normally.

How Whittacker got away with his suds up tackle on Zaliukas i do not know. The intent was there and it was dangerous.

4mins + added on time, where did that come from?

Adam should have been sent off in the first half for a disgusting challenge on Kingston! Never even got booked! How Steven Whittaker took so long to get booked beggars belief!

Sorry but that "foul" near the end when Weir ran into Obua and fell over and won a freekick really was a shocker. I mean...Davie Obua and Davie Weir!!!! What a joke.

He's still a 'knobjockey'. Regardless of the number of decisions that were called correct. His job is to make said decisions... Feck him...

Oh, World crisis because Heart of Midlothian defeated the forces of mordor...

Glamorgan Jambo

Difficult to tell from a crackly Justin TV picture which decisions were shockers.

4 mins of added time was a bit of a liberty though... even though I told my wife this was what there would be 5 mins from the end. Its just knowing Scottish football in general sad to say.

Adams is a dirty, dirty player. Bougherra constantly left his studs in - his stamp on Driver should have been a straight red imo.

Most disappointed in Weir, tho - leading with the elbow time and time again and moaning at the ref constantly. He was a Hearts legend yet sours his reputation every time he plays against us.

Worst official was the Main Stand linesman. Couldn't see a thing. Gave a throw to Rangers which should have gone to Hearts, then from the throw, Aguiar I think headed it backwards where the linesman flagged Boyd offside.

Unbelievably s**t!

No real clangers from McDonald today - though I feel that he was particularly lenient with Boyd - even after booking him for persistence he continued to commit fouls and should have been sent off. As for Lee Wallace - he made it easy for McDonald - a very silly rush of blood that could have cost us dear today.

Difficult to tell from a crackly Justin TV picture which decisions were shockers.

4 mins of added time was a bit of a liberty though... even though I told my wife this was what there would be 5 mins from the end. Its just knowing Scottish football in general sad to say.

Agreed on the 4 mins but that was hardly the refs fault. The 4th official decides that one.

All in all McDonald had a decent game for once.

Adams is a dirty, dirty player. Bougherra constantly left his studs in - his stamp on Driver should have been a straight red imo.

Most disappointed in Weir, tho - leading with the elbow time and time again and moaning at the ref constantly. He was a Hearts legend yet sours his reputation every time he plays against us.

Likewise!!!

Always thought he was a gentleman when at Tynecastle but, that's what happens when you sell your soul to the Dark Side!!!

Likewise!!!

Always thought he was a gentleman when at Tynecastle but, that's what happens when you sell your soul to the Dark Side!!!

Completely agree. For a former Hearts Cup Winner disliking him is actually a little generous.

Agreed on the 4 mins but that was hardly the refs fault. The 4th official decides that one.

Sorry no he doesn't - the referee decides on the amount of stoppage time and lets the 4th official know. Strange how there were actually fewer stoppages in the second half than the first half yet there was more time added on.

Worst official was the Main Stand linesman. Couldn't see a thing. Gave a throw to Rangers which should have gone to Hearts, then from the throw, Aguiar I think headed it backwards where the linesman flagged Boyd offside.

Unbelievably s**t!

He had a shocker today, I was "shaking with rage" about the throw in as it gave the huns a big advantage at that point.

The ref does. He signals the time to the 4th official.

Thinking about it, 4 mins is probably about right if including substitutions. It's just that every week it's 3, until the OF are losing.

Thought he reffed ok apart from Boyd until we went 2-0 up. Then it all seemed to change.

Just glad he didn't adhere to the penalty shouts for anything at the end.

Just in so dunno if mentioned.

See MacGregor got away with another fly kick on a Hearts player.

Not as bad as on Elliott last season, but he had the ball and kicked Driver deliberately.

And the ref was looking straight at it. He bottled it as he'd have to give a penalty (remember Zali against Dundee Utd last season, when the ball was even out of play?).

I always thought it was the ref who decided how much time is to be added on and tells the fourth official what to put on the board!

According to Sporting Life's stats Rangers commited 22 fouls (Hearts 22 as well) I'll wager Boyd commited more than half of them, surely merits more than 1 yellow card . . . :ahhhhhhh:

Someone commented to me at half time that he was suprised to see so many yellow's dished out to der hun.

I said it was just to pave the way for the inevitable Hearts red card.

Shockeroony, Hearts got a man sent off.

Makes the win all the sweeter.

Sorry no he doesn't - the referee decides on the amount of stoppage time and lets the 4th official know. Strange how there were actually fewer stoppages in the second half than the first half yet there was more time added on.

I stand corrected.

Gosh I have believed the 4th official decided this for years . . thanks for puting me right :)

According to Sporting Life's stats Rangers commited 22 fouls (Hearts 22 as well) I'll wager Boyd commited more than half of them, surely merits more than 1 yellow card . . . :ahhhhhhh:

Far too many fouls today. MacDonald wanted to be the centre of attention, and didn't allow good tussles between the likes of Berra/Boyd and Nade/Weir to go ahead. Gave fouls turn about at each aerial challenge. Too many fouls given made it a scrappy game.

Main stand side linesman was the usual laughable clown too.

Why did the fouth official or any of the linesmen not see the fistycuffs near the end? I think it was weir pushing and nipping away. The stamp on driver was a straight red no doubt.

Thought MacDonald was very lenient on der Hun all through the game.

Boyd should certainly not have seen out the 95 minutes.

When Driver went down in their box near the end...was that MacGregor having a nip at him? Satanta never showed it - surprisingly :rolleyes:

Also the number of times the ersehole commentator mentioned Sellik was beginning to peeve me.

gave everything for gers in the last half hour. where did the 4 mins added on come from, and it was more than 4 played aswell.

bougherra had a kick at berra, about 5 players elbowed in the face or chest and nothing.....hibs *******

south morocco

thought he had a good 1st half then bottled decisions 2nd half, re the wallace 1st booking he never saw it , he was looking the other way when the baldy linesman flagged then booked lee ,but that sums up scottish football

Dougie has had some shockers but he was excellent today and got almost everything correct.

The best refereeing display i have have seen this season by far.

so how is wallace sent off for two tackles and boyd got off with about 10 elbows. which the ref gave fouls for ( only some of them ) . D oes whittaker have to break someones leg before its a foul( oh the ref did give a foul , so what was the foul for.) He gave us advantage wen there was none, and couldnt wait to give them free kicks outside the box wen they had advantage.

still well done jt's.

I've mentioned before that we need to get our own discipline/house in order before blaming others bit I wholeheartedly believe that was an awful performance by MacDonald. To win a game today was outstanding considering:-

- In the first 20 minutes Rangers players were systematically sharing pretty bad fouls about.

- Persisitent falling over by young Scottish laddies in Boyd, Adam and Broadfoot

- Boyd and Weir's cheapshot leading with the elbow

- Boyd only getting a foul against him after 3 or 4 previous indiscretions. Added to his diving and more of the same, he should never have played the whole game*

- Playing advantage to Hearts when we should have had free kick 20 yards out. After having scored 2 goals from set pieces what do you reckon would have benefited us?

And that's just the type of the iceberg.

MacDonald was awful today.

* And once again Kris Boyd can't score against a big team.

Cappuccino Kid

Not watched the game on tv yet but McGregors kick at Driver in the second half went unpunished. McDonald had a clear view and ignored it.

My friend(Jambo) travelled up from Lincolnshire with two English boys for the game. They both said the referee was atrocious and spoiled the game. I just thought he was atrocious. The game was great. :)

Cant understand how Buggererra got away with kicking driver but it was only a yellow. If the refs seen it he has to give a red.

Thought Macdonald was pish today, loads of decisions on both sides completely wrong.

oh well..not for the first time, I have to say, IMO DMcD had a really good game. Fair enough.. he seemed to think he was refereeing an Old Firm game the way he was lenient with early Rangers tackles but he let the game flow and did take action. the Wallace thing was wrong but Burke made a meal of the second one...and it didn't cost us. Well done to Hearts on how they handled all that went on... but fair play also to Dougie Mc

Glad to say was at the game today, having missed only 2 home igames 1 to illness the other to couldn'tbearsedness.

Despite misgivings re McDonald I reckon we got more from him then we ever have in the past.

The Wallace bookings, his only 2 fouls by my reckoning, were laughable. had lee been given the lassitude afforded to the likes of Boyd & Whittaker he would never have walked. That said, Lee is & never will be the sharpest tool in the box. After his booking, even with his limited intellect, he should have worked out what types of tackles not to make, but hey no doubt McDonald got the nod prior to the game, that he needed to ensure that the SFA extort their usual " Tribute" by way of fines from Hearts again this season.

Also why did McDonald continually react to shouts from " Der Hun" players & award free kicks. Its like Willie Young says, we treat rengers & celtic differently only when they play each other....aye right!

Finally a note of sadness regarding the change in persona evidenced in Davie Weir. A hearts great IMO and, again IMO, a gentleman.

Maybe he's been "walterised" during his spells at Goodison & Ipox. But after his display today in terms of sheer brutish play & referee intimidation, he has lost a good deal of the respect I had for him, both as a player & a man. Doubtless he'll lose no sleep over my opinion, but maybe pre-Ibrox he might have.

The Old Tolbooth
5 substitutions is 2.5 minutes plus treatment to players and some slight hearts time wasting makes 4 minutes easy.

Elmo, surely your on the wind up?

The cheating hobo should have sent Whittaker off with a straight red after a shocking challenge, and Bougherra stamped on Driver and only received a yellow :eek:

Not to mention Boyd's elbows in about 5 players Hearts faces on various occasions, and taking until the last 5 minutes to book Lafferty when all he did was foul and abuse the ref anytime he was pulled up, any Hearts player would have been booked for dissent!

I could go on with the more I remember, but he couldn't get the cards out quickly enough for Wallace, especially the red one (although justified).

First half I thought he wasn't too bad, but the second half McDonald was Rangers best player by a country mile because he broke up a lot of Hearts attacks, and gave them chance after chance to launch balls forward. I just thank god that there was no major (or in the hobos case usually minor) incidents in the penalty box or he would have pointed to the spot for sure.

Not read the whole thread but think the ref could have given possibly 2 justifiable penalties for them. Lee Wallace was stupid and we had to play extremely well to hang on in the end

Archived