Official Heart of Midlothian FC v The Forces of Darkness matchday thread

shaun.lawson

Always wanted to start one of these - so if it all goes belly up, feel free to blame me! Get yer score predictions in, folks. :)

This thread is brought to you by Sir Minty Moonbeams, Pinky and the Brain, Gordon Smith, Judas Boyd, the Reverend Michael McCurry and those friendly travelling fans. Spreading joy and happiness to a ground near you since 1873.

Oh, and mine? 2-0 to TFOD. :sad:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think I preferred the match threads that were 'sponsored' by biscuits...

Oh, alright... This thread is sponsored by Jaffa Cakes, which are a biscuit, not a cake! Jaffa Cakes: recommended by nutritionists (which is why I scoffed 24 in one sitting once, of course), and bringing energy to footballers since, er, I dunno actually...

Take the Jaffa challenge!

http://www.jaffaholics.com/game.html

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

My neck is so far over the line here I'm not sure I'll get it back, but I'm going for 2-1 to the JTs.

Commander Harris
My neck is so far over the line here I'm not sure I'll get it back, but I'm going for 2-1 to the JTs.

:eek:

I wish I had your confidence! I'm expecting a crap game similar to what we got against Celtic. It goes without saying that I hope you're right and I'm wrong. (although I'll say it anyway :wacko:)

Loving the optimism Eldar, not to mention the neck straining. i'm with you. 2-1 to the famous.

They'll squirrel away back to their smelly wee hovel with a totally undeserved, dodgy decision, daylight-robbery ridden LUCKY win...

They'll squirrel away back to their smelly wee hovel with a totally undeserved, dodgy decision, daylight-robbery ridden LUCKY win...

Maybe... but we can count on one thing.... they will still smell of the same pish when they leave as they stank of when they arrived.

3-1 to The Hearts! :P

Lynn:ninja:

You been on the sake already? :P

I love the optimism though. Fingers and toes crossed you're dead on with that one, Lynn.

Has anyone else realised they have to be on the bus in 8 hours to get to the pub after having a couple too many tonight?

Naw? Just me then...................

3 - 1 sounds about right - optimistic/hopeful enough despite the fact that we are capable of losing at least one goal to yet another contentious decision, while remaining capable of beating them fair and square.

Up at 6.00am, shower to make myself beautiful/presentable then drive over to visit TX Jambo who's going to get the game hooked up to his tv - we'll probably start drinking around 7.15am.

That is a great start to the day:cool:

As I can only 'see' a certain person that is in Japan, and they have decided that it will be 3-1, I will not dispute....

But... I think we are more than able of winning 3-1. Unfortunately, my last feeling of hope spells... Dougie McDonald........ Anyone, outwith Heart of Midlothian will be aware that he is a former season ticket holder of Hibernian; which is why he was put in charge of so many Heart of Midlothian.....

I love the optimism though. Fingers and toes crossed you're #

dead on with that one, Lynn.

)OY&OORY GORDON sk

Joy to the world.

Geoff Kilpatrick

1 each is my prediction. Looking forward to a reasonable KO time here and watching us in action.

Always wanted to start one of these - so if it all goes belly up, feel free to blame me! Get yer score predictions in, folks. :)

This thread is brought to you by Sir Minty Moonbeams, Pinky and the Brain, Gordon Smith, Judas Boyd, the Reverend Michael McCurry and those friendly travelling fans. Spreading joy and happiness to a ground near you since 1873.

Oh, and mine? 2-0 to TFOD. :sad:

Shaun - you can still imagine for a few hours that this thread and game could be a turning point in Hearts patchy, glorious history or just another milestone during years of mediocrity. I think you might have just got lucky, mate.

scott herbertson

Jaffa Cakes are not biscuits - bring back the wagon wheels sponsorship

My head is sponsored by London Pride chicken jalfrezi and Cobra

and it says 2-1 to the jambos

Larry hatrick.

Not THAT confident, but for some reason I feel we are going to do it today. Not based on form, or the strength of our squad, but something today makes me think that we will win. It could be that I am working on a matchday for the first time in about fourteen years.

Any chance of text updates oh master dexter?

I love the optimism though. Fingers and toes crossed you're dead on with that one, Lynn.

Naw, no sake tonight. Had a few last night though. I just have a feeling that we're going to *do* that mob today! Big Nade for the first goal...and he's going to play a blinder, wi' wee Andy running them ragged on the wings! :P

Cheers

Lynn:ninja:

Making it along to tynie for the first time this season, due to various reasons, and have speant 35bucks on a ticket! Mon the mighty jt's ... My heart says 2v1... My head says 1v2!

Sponsored by sailor jerry rum & coke and asprin ( not together obviously )

Very confident today. Not actually looked this forward to a game so far this season. I feel we will keep a clean sheet and put 2 past them! :)

I also feel (hope) that this will be the day Larry comes good!!!!

Easy, Easy, Easy etc....

2-1

Driver Nads

Otherwise....

0-2

pen, Baws, & the other.

(Dougie McDonald)

It's okay folks. I dreamt how it's going to pan out last night. Goal in the middle of the first half by Nade, followed by a lot of panicking from the home support until the last minute, when Bruno scores a header, cueing wild celebrations from the home fans!

So 2-0 Hearts then!

(admittedly in my dream it they were playing water polo at my old school, but I'm trusting my psychic powers!)

3-2 Hearts. Boyd double for them, Driver, Nade and Bruno for us. C'mon the hearts. Is it wrong to be thinking about opening a beer this early in the morning? Because techincally is 12.15 just now if the game was 3pm!! lol :)

Not wanting to put a negative slate on today's game however our record against teams in the top half of the table is shocking!

However against bottom half teams its a completely different story.

On that note , 3-2 Hearts the day :) :)

The Old Tolbooth

Cant see us winning today, Rangers are better than we are, linesmen are dodgy at best, and to top it all off, Dougie "the cheat" McDonald is the bloody ref!!!

Hearts 0 Der hun 2 :(

3-2 Hearts. Boyd double for them, Driver, Nade and Bruno for us. C'mon the hearts. Is it wrong to be thinking about opening a beer this early in the morning? Because techincally is 12.15 just now if the game was 3pm!! lol :)

Was thinking 3-2 myself. Might be worth a wee pound bet!

Cant see us winning today, Rangers are better than we are, linesmen are dodgy at best, and to top it all off, Dougie "the cheat" McDonald is the bloody ref!!!

Hearts 0 Der hun 2 :(

So all in all, you'd say you were feeling confident?

:laugh:

Toxteth O'Grady
All you optimists...you do know its Dougie MacDonald reffing! :mad:

Oh good i feel like having a good shout.

Are you the real Roman Romanov?

This post is sponsored by Bains pies

I feel we?ve lost the self-belief we had against the OF a couple of years ago and our formation is not positive enough to hurt them. Afraid I?ll have to go for 1-2...

Hearts: MacDonald; Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Kingston, Karipidis, Palazuelos, Driver; Aguiar; Nade. Subs: Kello, Makela, Obua, Cesnauskis, Mole, Thomson, Jonsson.

Rangers: McGregor, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir, Whittaker; Lafferty, Ferguson, Mendes, Adam; Darchville, Boyd. Subs: Alexander, Edu, Novo, McCulloch, Burke, Aaron, Loy.

Just in case you all missed it.

:P

1-0 to the Hearts, controversial penalty in the 92nd minute involving 2 Rangers players sent off. Let's get into those bar stewards!

Morning, afternoon and evening. Hi Lynn, the bottle will be out shortly.

20 minutes of trying and still not in to the official site.

What! No Blue Riband??? Should have been Maroon Riband anyway.

3-2 Nae problem

Archived