NEW MAIN STAND-POINTLESS!

Captain Price

Captain Price

is the stand actually going ahead?

if it is what an utterly stupid idea when we cant even get 16,00 in!

Captain Price

is the new stand going ahead?

if it is why? we cant even fill a 18,000 ground!

still, would be smart as feck!:cool:

why didn't you tell vlad before he spent ?1M planning it?

huh, some people are always so wise after the fact eh?

Stop saying things that are true!! :mad: The Vlad sheep will be on you like a shot ;)

A new stand is needed but the rest of the gubbings are not required right now!

End of. FACT etc!

is the new stand going ahead?

if it is why? we cant even fill a 18,000 ground!

still, would be smart as feck!:cool:

Do you walk into a lot of walls?

since you clearly cannot see past the end of your nose.

End of. FACT etc!

Not really wanting to get into this again, but the economics of a club like Hearts spending ?50m on a stand which will be half empty is ludicrous. You can tell right away it's one of Romanov's half baked brain farts.

Even if it is built, which i doubt, the maths still doesn't add up. With a hiddeous level of proposed debt attendances of 23000 would hardly touch the sides.

Charlie-Brown

Stands once built last for decades, the fortunes of football teams rise and fall often frequently within a single decade, you cannot base long term decisions on the short term fortunes of the team at any given moment in time - the key question is what is the potential (unfulfilled) demand and can this be captured economically?

Hackney Hearts

if it is - why?

Because we won't be able to use the old one much longer.

we cant even fill a 18,000 ground!

We proved we could 2 years ago. Who knows how well the team will be competing once the stand is built?? I suspect that time's a long way off.

jambos are go!

As touched on in the Ogilvie thread the pressing need is for a 20,000 average attendance to move up a level. We should all get behind that and a new stand is a vital element. Form is temporary - supporters are for life.

Will people stop talking about a ?51 million stand -- that is not the cost of the stand -- that is for the whole development.

A development which if (a big if ) was built would contribute towards the debt reduction we require as a football club.

It may be pie in the sky but at least it was one way to try and clear the debt that at the right time might have worked -- in this new credit crunch world :(

Stands once built last for decades, the fortunes of football teams rise and fall often frequently within a single decade, you cannot base long term decisions on the short term fortunes of the team at any given moment in time - the key question is what is the potential (unfulfilled) demand and can this be captured economically?

Correct. :)

Generic Username

It's absolutely nae shock that once a couple of negative threads are started or threads with the potential to go sour - Hand of Turd pop up again.

What a boring wee man.

Not really wanting to get into this again, but the economics of a club like Hearts spending ?50m on a stand which will be half empty is ludicrous. You can tell right away it's one of Romanov's half baked brain farts.

Even if it is built, which i doubt, the maths still doesn't add up. With a hiddeous level of proposed debt attendances of 23000 would hardly touch the sides.

Poof

Geoff Kilpatrick

What isn't pointless is a stand with a wooden deck and a roof containing asbestos will, at the very least, need to be patched up.

What isn't pointless is a stand with a wooden deck and a roof containing asbestos will, at the very least, need to be patched up.

Are there any estimates of how much that would cost?

Not all asbestos cement roofs have to be replaced immediately.

And all the points about how builders will be desperate for work also fit with stand renovations.

Are there any estimates of how much that would cost?

Not all asbestos cement roofs have to be replaced immediately.

And all the points about how builders will be desperate for work also fit with stand renovations.

It is just not the roof that is a problem, the whole structure is a wooden fire trap.

Jam Tarts 1874

Shows how much you know hobo. Hearts are not proposing to spend ?50m on a stand.

Why don't you check out some facts before you come on here infecting us with your hobo agenda.

Jam Tarts 1874

Without doubt: :hobofish:

Jam Tarts 1874

End of. FACT etc!

Rubbish. If you knew anything about the proposed development you would know that the income that would be generated from the hotel, offices etc is key to the whole project.

Rubbish. If you knew anything about the proposed development you would know that the income that would be generated from the hotel, offices etc is key to the whole project.

Not rubbish it's called an opinion, rather than building the whole shooting match right now. We could develop the site piece by piece, when funds and the economic situation arises.

Or we could dive headlong into building a ?51m complex when the hospitality, conference and tourist trade is slowing down.

It's a simple solution. I don't think it's wise right now to be looking at this situation as a simple all or nothing venture.

is he feck a hobo he is 13 and conserened about the club

What are you? 14 and worried about your spelling?;):P

Not rubbish it's called an opinion, rather than building the whole shooting match right now. We could develop the site piece by piece, when funds and the economic situation arises.

Or we could dive headlong into building a ?51m complex when the hospitality, conference and tourist trade is slowing down.

It's a simple solution. I don't think it's wise right now to be looking at this situation as a simple all or nothing venture.

While I agree to a certain extent, the cost not to mention the logistics of building piece by piece would create a whole new set of problems as opposed to building the full development in one go.

Guys

Let's get real here.

No hotel/commercial development = No new stand.

This whole scheme hangs together as one big development. VR would raise the capital off the back of future revenues from selling off the development to an Asset Manager or Pension Fund. That's how big business works.

Now there is no money in the system this development will not go ahead for at least 2 - 3 years.

Whether or not VR really was going to press the bottom on this is debateable however the world financial crisis has now stopped any possiblity of a new stand in the near future.

So, because it's called an "opinion" it can't be rubbish!

Sorry, that's rubbish, and that's not my opinion, that's a fact!!!

Tourist trade dying - obviously you haven't seen the forecasts of a big increase in American tourists because of the very weak pound.

I personally know three families who haven't been over for the past few years because of the strong pound, who have already booked to come this coming Spring and Summer.

IF the Holding Company have the finance to build now in recession, this is the very time to do it!!!

Who knows, there may even be some "emergency" Government cash, indirectly, that will reduce the costs to Hearts!!!

Tourist trade dying - obviously you haven't seen the forecasts of a big increase in American tourists because of the very weak pound.

I personally know three families who haven't been over for the past few years because of the strong pound, who have already booked to come this coming Spring and Summer.

IF the Holding Company have the finance to build now in recession, this is the very time to do it!!!

Now that IS rubbish!

Whether there will be more tourist from the USA is totally irrelevant. The guys with the big bucks stay in the Caledonian or Balmoral where they are close to the "cute castle"! Not stuck out in the middle of down town Gorgie!

The Hearts development does not go ahead (or not) on the basis of the demand for hotel rooms.

The REAL issue is the credit crisis that has caused a financial meltdown through out the world. VR needed institutional partners to invest in the development scheme - HBOS were interested last year, now they are a busted flush and have no capital to invest!

This is dead in the water for at least 3 years.

I think the plan is not so good for 23000 51 million

We need a new stand just downsize it a bit to 20000 seater stadium

Are you at the wind up?

If not please read some of the posts on here.

Without the hotel/office development going ahead then VR cannot raise the necessary capital to build the stand - full stop.

Building a new stand with a reduced capacity does not solve the problem.

Who knows, there may even be some "emergency" Government cash, indirectly, that will reduce the costs to Hearts!!!

I only used the word rubbish cause it was directed at me...........

calm down it's a message board.

Hobo!!!!!!!!!!

The reason for the new DEVELOPMENT is so that a new stand allowing for an increased crowd capacity can result including greater Executive initiatives.

Hearts have proved what crowds they can attract such as full houses all season and 30,000 + at Murrayfield for European nights!

A good and winning Hearts team will easily attract 20,000 + crowds to Tynie.

THe point is that they need this figure to invest more.

Dont forget CO stated in the Scotsman, on Thursday, that 2 big commercial deals are about to be annonced. Maybe one will be relative to the new stand.

Hand of Hobo, please leave you are a tw?t!!!!

Archived