So aye, Rangers and Celtic are rank rotten

BlackJAC?

So where does that leave us in the larger scheme of things? There?s no denying both clubs are head and shoulders above the rest, here in Scotland, and with both teams now toiling to compete against below average European clubs nowadays, what does that actually say about our own club?

For comparison purposes, I?ve always considered us be a mid to high end English Championship side, but now, I think we?d toil to hold our own in League 1.

European wise, I?d think we?d do well to beat the likes of Kaunas, I really do.

Just so you understand, this isn?t a dig at Romanov, it?s about Hearts and the SPL as a whole.

Guest Dipped Flake

I would rather we looked at the results of the bigot brothers in Europe this year and said 'they are ***** and nothing to be afraid of, we can surely hump them' hopefully starting on Saturday

We're a small / medium sized club that are currently undergoing a period of change.

We had instant success, but at a price and then a period of extended turmoil.

Now we are having to work with the resources we have and a manager with big ideas and a great work ethic.

Our squad is extremely average, probably mid-table championship. If we can get a few decent players in key positions then we could go back up to top 6 championship standard.

This season, I think Hearts are comparable with a mid-table Championship club (whereas last season, I felt we'd be a bottom 3 Champ side); and I'm confident we'd beat Kaunas no problem. We'd have enormous difficulty overcoming any seeded team in the UEFA Cup/Europa League first round, though: Nancy, for example, would probably take us to the cleaners just as they did Motherwell.

Still, it's a whole lot better than even a couple of months ago - and there's loads of improvement ahead. Scottish clubs don't often do much in Europe anyway: in the case of non-OF sides, it's been like that ever since the late '80s, so nothing's changed really.

I would rather we looked at the results of the bigot brothers in Europe this year and said 'they are ***** and nothing to be afraid of, we can surely hump them' hopefully starting on Saturday

if they're ****, which they are, it means we're ****ing ****. The fact is, they're still better than us and there's no way we're going to hump either team any time soon.

if they're ****, which they are, it means we're ****ing ****. The fact is, they're still better than us and there's no way we're going to hump either team any time soon.

*pedant alert*

We humped the UEFA Cup finalists only last season!

I know what you mean though, and broadly agree.

Guest Dipped Flake

Hopefully I will bump this thread after the game then. N.B. Do I think we will hump them, probably not, but I was quoting what the Hearts players/management should be thinking when we play the of. They are nothing to be scared of.

Take away the games that refs have help Celtic to win/draw this season and they would be at least 9 points less than they are. Then take the points we have lost due to refs/officials errors,around 6 points.

Celtic would be on 31 points

Hearts would be on 32 points

Not being paranoid just looking at things without the ref's helping the OF and 4th officials and linesmen taking points off us.

Hearts 4 -2 Rangers? September 2007

That was recent ;)

Frankenstein Jambo.

We aint that bad tbh. we could compete in the championships maybe pushing mid-table. i belive celtic and rangers would compete in the premiership so they are way above us in that terms.

Rangers and Celtic players have gotten complacent because they do not play on a level playing field in Scotland.

It must be hell for them playing in Europe when the referees give free kicks and yellow cards against them when they deserve it.

The SPL as a whole is as poor as it's been for over a decade in my opinion. The Old Firm are still miles ahead but have dropped in standard just like the rest as can be seen from their European results. Other than St Mirren and Hamilton who appear to me to be clearly the poorest two teams the rest can pretty much beat each other on any given day. As for Hearts well we should finish in 3rd, it's as simple as that, we have by far the 3rd biggest income and wage bill. Recent weeks have helped that possibility but the doubt remains whether we can start winning against the likely challengers for 3rd and 4th who we play in the next couple of weeks.

I've always viewed the SPL as having the same skill level as the Championship darn sarf.

The OF are the hot favourites for promotion each year (even though they can't go anywhere)

We're like one of those teams that always loses in the playoffs.

Attendances-wise the SPL is like English League 1 or even League 2. It's embarassing.

Celtic fans at my work didn't have much comeback on the "It's not so easy without the officials help, eh?" comment today...

Rangers and Celtic players have gotten complacent because they do not play on a level playing field in Scotland.

It must be hell for them playing in Europe when the referees give free kicks and yellow cards against them when they deserve it.

Basketball Barry and his Celtic counterparts are given special dispensation from the indignity of having to play on a level playing field in Scotland, and as long as they are able to do this, they will never have to suffer a concerted challenge from any other team outwith their own corrupt organisations.

This will of course bring countless domestic trophies,..........newspapers will sell, etc etc more than they would if it was, say, Dundee United, or even the JTs who were competing in the Champions League.

And the price for this nepotism ?...........well apart from the odd isoltaed success, (such as Rankers fluking their way to last years UEFA Cup Final with a succession of nil nil home draws), .....continued failings on the European stage.

In short,...............they reap what they sow.

Celtic fans at my work didn't have much comeback on the "It's not so easy without the officials help, eh?" comment today...

I said much the same at my work and they just looked confused!

I can see Celtic's crowds continuing to drop as we go through the season, especially now they are out of Europe. I guess that when you've won the league for the last three seasons and around 40 times in your history there is only so much pleasure you can get out of wining it again.

Unless either of them won 10 in a row then neither set of Old Firm supporters will ever reach a domestic high like we did in 1998 or in the Semi Final against the vermin.

Archived