Kingston for Rangers game?

JamboMarc

Should Larry play v Rangers  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Larry play v Rangers

• Yes, he's one of the few players we've got with class!
    • No, he should not be allowed to walk straight back in!
    • Dont know yet!

no chance.

considering we have won 4 on the trot you have to stay with the same team until they balls up. I might accept it if Larry had been playing great before he was injured. But he has been honking more or less all season.

I'm not a fan of the guy, or any other player that appears half-hearted, but at the same time, I'm also aware that he can produce the odd bit of magic.

As long as he's here, I'd consider him, but when he leaves, I'll happily forget him.

Buffalo Bill

Whatever Csaba says.

have to agree,

wont be happy if he starts but i cant really see that happening.

time for him to move on to the coca-cola championship in January

loveofthegame

I'd play him. Miko isn't fit and Eggert at RM is not the answer.

Kingston has the ability to win us the game on Sat, don't see the point in cutting our nose off to spite our face.

It's a tricky one TBH, Larry has been lazy so far this season and hasnt produced the quality we know he IS capable of. However he has been out for a good few weeks and in between maybe had a wee think to himself as well as a few words from csaba. On his day Larry can be a great player.

I would however put him on the bench for saturday. I think its only right the team thats got us the wins and done well gets its chance to keep playing together, this might just be the kick up the backside Larry needs to get him playing consistently, if he realises he is NOT an automatic first choice and has to play his way into the team, we might see a different Larry if or when he eventually comes on or gets a game.

Another thing Id like to add is I dont think Larry is as good out wide right, IMO he is better in the middle or just in a bit in a 5 man midfield. I know he plays wide right for Ghana but for us I think his best games have been when he has been more central. Anyone else think this?

Said no for 2 reasons-

1. He's a lazy bassa and we need 11 players giving their all to have a chance of getting anything

2. Even tho Eggert didn't have the best of games on Saturday the balance of the teams better having a midfielder on the right as apposed to a winger similar to what we had when Burley was in charge with Rudi on the left and Cammazola on the right

Tough one.

Usually I'd say no, but we really don't have another suitable option for the position so I think he probably should play.

He Who Cannot Be Named
OF COURSE Kingston should start if he is fit!

He is a fine player.

So what about his poor form before he was injured? Or is it mainly due to his superstar status you want him in the team? The boy wont produce the goods at this club, he's obviously unhappy about something, prob wants to leve but who could blame him!!

I'd make 2 personnel changes and 1 positional change :

1) Kingston in at right midfield instead of Jonsson.

2) Jonsson in at right back instead of Neilson.

3) MacDonald in the sticks instead of Balogh.

depends what kind of head he's got on... i put yes but only if he's gonna try. no doubt he is one of our best players when he's trying.. and i'm afraid you need all your best players against any of the OF.. we might get away with missing some against ICT falkirk hamilton st mirren...

but if he's gonna be a lazy git then no...

so what i'm saying is?????? christ who knows:eek:

Voted no, the main reason being his laziness, its all very well having class, but its pointless if he's not going to use it.

have to agree,

wont be happy if he starts but i cant really see that happening.

time for him to move on to the coca-cola championship in January

"If Laryea Kingston is back and he trains and is injury-free then he will play because he is a very important player, " added Laszlo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7743117.stm

"If Laryea Kingston is back and he trains and is injury-free then he will play because he is a very important player, " added Laszlo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7743117.stm

Not impressed by that, Kingstons not kicked a ball this season and shows no desire to be at the club what so ever. To place him straight back in to the team after 4 wins will disrupt the side. What about the poor guy that loses out now? More than likely young Eggart.

I'll be more than happy if he doesn't kick a ball for us till January and we can get shot of him.

My concern is his attitude, does he want to play for Hearts enough that he will give his best effort, or will he confirm his disdain for the club by floating through the game. Any other team it may be worth the experiment, but against Rangers you cannot afford to play a questionable effort player.

Given he is probably looking for a move (and I don't blame him for that if he put's the effort in) and this will be a fairly high profile match for him to show what he can do I expect Kingston to make a big contribution should he be available for Saturday. For all the criticism of his application late on in the game at Easter Road he was one of the few quality players on show (Aguair and Riordan were probably the other two who looked head and shoulders above the rest) and with a decent striker ahead of him we would have won the game comfortably given a couple of passes he played.

why change a winning team to accommodate someone who the manager might not rate or think can play a part in his team

"The player must understand that, if he has quality, I would like to see this quality on the field but for the team"

he's missed the last 5 games so i doubt he'll even be fit enough to start anyway,

Not impressed by that, Kingstons not kicked a ball this season and shows no desire to be at the club what so ever. To place him straight back in to the team after 4 wins will disrupt the side. What about the poor guy that loses out now? More than likely young Eggart.

I'll be more than happy if he doesn't kick a ball for us till January and we can get shot of him.

Csaba might play him from the bench.

The good thing is that week by week we have players coming back, more players that are fit and available for selection.

Jonsson has his qualities and Kingston has his. I trust Csaba to start with the team he thinks is best for this game.

Csaba might play him from the bench.

The good thing is that week by week we have players coming back, more players that are fit and available for selection.

Jonsson has his qualities and Kingston has his. I trust Csaba to start with the team he thinks is best for this game.

I'll agree with that.

I would play him against Rangers if he is fully fit, in for Jonsson. He will offer us more attacking wise however he will need to do his fair share of work by helping out Robbie at the back. Really looking forward to the game on saturday. Hopefully Tullberg makes the bench and if needed shows us what he can do.

I would play him against Rangers if he is fully fit, in for Jonsson. He will offer us more attacking wise however he will need to do his fair share of work by helping out Robbie at the back. Really looking forward to the game on saturday. Hopefully Tullberg makes the bench and if needed shows us what he can do.

Agree.

Disagree. No way Neilson should start ahead of Jonsson. Miles better footballer and prospect. Get RN on the bench.

Yep about time he started earning his money.

Agree.

Disagree. No way Neilson should start ahead of Jonsson. Miles better footballer and prospect. Get RN on the bench.

Yep about time he started earning his money.

I thought Neilson had a good game on Saturday. Although it would be harsh to drop Jonsson, i feel his best position is central midfield so unless we put him in there for Ruben I can see him missing out.

Voted no as the team is performing well

Reckon he will get in though ahead of eggert as we all know he is in the shop window.

Csaba will feed us with eggert is young man needs a rest line

I like larry and he has genuine quality, but if you have a team on form it`s hard to change it.

Csaba has to decide if Larry is really that crucial that he must play. His obvious quality on the ball would be invaluable but i`d start him on the bench as he is always there to come on if we need him to spark the game for us.

He`d defo be in for me if recent results were a mixed bag but i`d be inclined to stick just now. Being out for a few weeks too might mean he`s a bit rusty.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

There seems to be a lot of folks round these parts that have very short memories.

It wasn't that long ago that punters where screaming out for some consistency in team selection because the chosen few where marching in and out of the team at will.

I like Larry and reckon him a top player but i would rather upset 1 player than the the other 11.

Let him earn his place coming off the bench or wait his opportunity.

I would start him if he's fit instead of Jonsson, remember back to the Hibs game the team had great balance about it with Larry on the right.

The only dilema for me is Robbie or Eggy at FB.

I would start him if he's fit instead of Jonsson, remember back to the Hibs game the team had great balance about it with Larry on the right.

The only dilema for me is Robbie or Eggy at FB.

Larry would defo give you a far more instant threat in possession whereas Jonsson is more defensive minded and tends to turn back with the ball.

It`s a dilema. After the Celtique game i felt we needed more dig in the midfield and IMO Jonsson would`ve given us that.

We`ll need it v Rangers too. I think we should maybe tweak the side to accomodate Larry and Jonsson.

A no brainer for me.Larry is a far better option than Jonsson will ever be.Wide right or centre midfield.

I don't think so.

If we are going for goals we are better off with Kingston than Jonsson or Ruben.

If we want to play it safe then we should play Jonsson and Ruben.

This is the choice we have as I see it.

I dont think we should change a winning team but i'd be glad to see him on the bench. However as someone else said he is in the shop window so will probably play from the start.

A no brainer for me.Larry is a far better option than Jonsson will ever be.Wide right or centre midfield.

Spot on benny.

No point playing him on the right as he comes inside and clogs up midfield

he had the chance to destroy the Hobos midget LB at San giro but never stayed wide to take him on.

He's not kicked a ball this season, we're on a decent run, he doesn't want to be here so stick him on the bench and see his desire if he does get on.

Guest JamboRobbo

No doubt Larry is a better player than johnsonn.

But Johnson is part of a winning team. Larry isn't. We shouldn't change a winning team.

Usually I would say no.

However if we are playing 5 across the middle at home then I feel we need 2 'proper' wide men to push on against their full backs. So Kingston and Driver would fit the bill with Bruno, Jonson and Karapidis in the middle.

I concur

If it aint broke.........

Start with current personnel. But if it aint going well change things after 45-60mins.

Larry could be part of that.

I'd play Kingston in the following formation.

-------------Balogh--------------

--Neilson Berra Karapidis Wallace--

----Larry Jonsson Ruben Driver----

--------------Aguiar-------------

---------------Nade-------------

portobellojambo1
I think if fit he will play at some time in the game two reasons

big tv game and its getting near the transfer window

If the stories going around are true, i.e. that a move for Kingston has already been tied up, then showing him off to potential buyers on Saturday would seem a waste of time.

However if it is just another story, and he is still available for transfer then I would agree that the above is likely, Saturday would be a good chance to get him in the shop window one last time (although if he performs as he has been of late then he may struggle to impress potential buyers, so I am hoping we have agreed a deal based on another club's memories of how he performed for us initially).

If he does play I would put Jonsson alongside Berra in central defence, and tell Zaliukas he is on gardening leave.

Archived