BBC HIGHLIGHTS

suds66

What was (The ;)) Balogh doing for their goal? Two cracking goals for us, though: bet Nade wouldn't have been very popular with Driver if he'd taken it off his teammate! Higdon should've levelled at the death, mind.

Drylaw Hearts

Watch the reaction of the Falkirk player who crossed the ball for their last minute chance. He thinks they've scored and is actually celebrating even though the ball is out for a goalkick.

:)

Definately the keepers fault for the goal. If he stays on his line Wallace catches up and Lovell wouldn't have had it so easy.

Hopefully that will give Driver the confidence to push on, he has the ability, needs to start showing us a bit more.

Good Goal..........................................................

I thought the Falkirk 'keeper should've kept Bruno's shot out, but still a fine strike.

I don't think I'd ever tire of watching Driver's goal.

Just a pity there were so many empty seats. I wonder if we'll ever convince the 2005/06 crowd to return.

Buffalo Bill

marshallschunkychicken

Great goal By Andy. First time I've seen it as I was in the toilet when he scored.

Only now realised how lucky Balogh was, cause he very nearly handled the ball outside the box at their goal.

Not as good a goal as I first thought. I thought he bet 4 men and started from inside our half.

Comparisons to the Maradona goal are ridiculos. He beat two men that dived in stupidly. Still a good goal.

I'm still not sure about it being Balogh's fault. Still rather have Kello though.

Francis Albert

Just a thought, but is there anything in the BBC contract that prevents them from showing 5 minutes highlights from every game, not just the OF ones?

Drylaw Hearts
I thought the Falkirk 'keeper should've kept Bruno's shot out, but still a fine strike.

I thought that at the game BB.

He got both hand to it and really should have done better.

Just a pity there were so many empty seats. I wonder if we'll ever convince the 2005/06 crowd to return.

That will be tough.

Unless VR plans to invest in some decent players.

Yeh funny how the mind can play tricks on you. Most people I spoke to after the game were immediately comparing it to Fullers mazy 50yd run

Aside from that ...........anyone know ( aside from the obvious answer :rolleyes: ) why the Holy Goalie only got a yellow against St Mirren ?

..........Just a pity there were so many empty seats. I wonder if we'll ever convince the 2005/06 crowd to return.

Buffalo Bill

Perhaps we could start by getting Therapist and his subway tramway loyal to stay for more than half a game - might not look so sparse at the end.

Charlie-Brown
Just a thought, but is there anything in the BBC contract that prevents them from showing 5 minutes highlights from every game, not just the OF ones?

Francis Francis Francis - it's only 'paranoid' Hearts fans & fans of other provincial clubs that mistakenly think there is any pro-Old Firm bias in the coverage, refereeing & governance of Scottish football, please stop highlighting inconvenient examples that might bear truth to this delusion..... :rolleyes:

Miller Jambo 60
God only knows.

Aye the Dougstar will be between the posts for the gers game:eek:

We won but the moans keep going.

Francis Francis Francis - it's only 'paranoid' Hearts fans & fans of other provincial clubs that mistakenly think there is any pro-Old Firm bias in the coverage, refereeing & governance of Scottish football, please stop highlighting inconvenient examples that might bear truth to this delusion..... :rolleyes:

:yadayada:

There are only two non-provincial clubs in Scotland. Hearts and Hibs. :)

Charlie-Brown
:yadayada:

There are only two non-provincial clubs in Scotland. Hearts and Hibs. :)

You clearly didn't sense my Jim Traynor impersonation then Shaun... :)

You clearly didn't sense my Jim Traynor impersonation then Shaun... :)

Oh yes I did!

(But only after I'd replied. D'oh!)

rudi must stay
What was (The ;)) Balogh doing for their goal? Two cracking goals for us, though: bet Nade wouldn't have been very popular with Driver if he'd taken it off his teammate! Higdon should've levelled at the death, mind.

he was running out so that the player had less of the goal to aim it. Fair enough imo. Yeah he should have but we should have been leading by more than a goal because we had plenty of chances that we didn't take.

My point about the empty seats was just my observation about the BBC link, as opposed to some politcal point-scoring statement.

I just think it's sad that we've returned to empty seats. There are loads up by me at Section B.

Buffalo Bill

Miller Jambo 60

I don't think I'd ever tire of watching Driver's goal.

Just a pity there were so many empty seats. I wonder if we'll ever convince the 2005/06 crowd to

Sorry BB you mean well but the 05/06 lot can do one for me.

Worked beside a guy that followed Hearts but only went to CUP FINALS.

Not saying i am a great fan but done the 1st division and defeats to forfar in the cup,and ICT at TYNE.

All the bull with Vlad is a poor excuse not to go , if you have that desire you will go.

Great goal from both players. Fantastic strike from Bruno and Drivers mazy wee run was cracking. he showed great composure at the end.

The crowds are definately back to the pre Romanov/Burley days which is a shame really. I know last season we played some really dire stuff, but we are building a decent team I think under Csaba. I think a few more goals might start and convince a few more bodies back to Tynecastle

Charlie-Brown

13K for a home match v Falkirk on a freezing cold day, pre-christmas & pre-pay-day and during a recession is a fairly decent turn out considering we haven't played much great football in recent times.

Good results & good performances will see crowds increase just as surely as bad results & bad performances saw crowds reduce - it's the same everywhere.

The die was cast when season tickets went on sale. When you make a financial commitment, you tend to go to the games no matter how dire the team are playing. People disgruntled with the club refused to buy and it takes a different kind of commitment to pay at the gate. If the team continue with the good run of form until the 1/2 season tickets are out, then a few thousand may well return.

Fingers crossed!

neverlikedElvis
Watch the reaction of the Falkirk player who crossed the ball for their last minute chance. He thinks they've scored and is actually celebrating even though the ball is out for a goalkick.

noticed that at the time. it was hilarious. :)

Would have been interesting if Lovell had not scored. Would the goalie have been sent off for violent conduct or stopping a goal scoring opportunity. Would he have got a yellow card like Boruc or a straight red, now let me think difficult one that.

Think folk are being a bit harsh on Balogh. If it was the other way around and our striker had not scored in that position we would be spewing. I reckon he had to close the angle and the only mistake he made was not standing up a bit longer. He was put in a tough position by lax defending though.

Drylaw Hearts
Would have been interesting if Lovell had not scored. Would the goalie have been sent off for violent conduct or stopping a goal scoring opportunity. Would he have got a yellow card like Boruc or a straight red, now let me think difficult one that.

I think The Balogh would have seen Red as he was the last man.

IMO Boruc only seen yellow because there were 2 Celtic players between Dargo and the goal plus he was running away from goal rather than directly towards it.

I thought that at the game BB.

He got both hand to it and really should have done better.

That will be tough.

Unless VR plans to invest in some decent players.

And if he does invest more cash then you will be one of the first to highlight the increasing debt!!!

Drylaw Hearts
And if he does invest more cash then you will be one of the first to highlight the increasing debt!!!

Investing HIS cash.

Not increasing our Overdraft.

The Old Tolbooth
I think The Balogh would have seen Red as he was the last man.

IMO Boruc only seen yellow because there were 2 Celtic players between Dargo and the goal plus he was running away from goal rather than directly towards it.

I said the exact same thing mate, Bollock would have been sent off had the ball been screwed past the post, it was probably the best thing that could have happened with it nestling in the onion bag. :)

Drivers goal for me though is goal of the season so far, I'm struggling to think of a better one to be honest.

Drylaw Hearts
I said the exact same thing mate, Bollock would have been sent off had the ball been screwed past the post, it was probably the best thing that could have happened with it nestling in the onion bag. :)

Drivers goal for me though is goal of the season so far, I'm struggling to think of a better one to be honest.

Drivers was a great goal as was Bruno's.

But.......

Have you seen Bob Malcolm's v Hibs from yesterday ???

What a Free-Kick that was !!!!

2 Cracking goals from hearts, especially Drivers..

Wot the hell was Balogh trying to do? He made a arse of it.. The keeper cant aford to make mistakes like that, it could cost us dearly.. Would like to see McDonald getting his game more often..

The Old Tolbooth
Drivers was a great goal as was Bruno's.

But.......

Have you seen Bob Malcolm's v Hibs from yesterday ???

What a Free-Kick that was !!!!

But did he beat 3 players before rounding a keeper and slotting the ball home :P

Drylaw Hearts
But did he beat 3 players before rounding a keeper and slotting the ball home :P

The only way Bob Malcolm will ever beat 3 players is by using a baseball bat.

But he sure can hit a ball.

2 and a half minutes of highlights!!

That is how much of a joke our league is

Oddly the Old Firm ALWAYS get 5 minutes

2 Cracking goals from hearts, especially Drivers..

Wot the hell was Balogh trying to do? He made a arse of it.. The keeper cant aford to make mistakes like that, it could cost us dearly.. Would like to see McDonald getting his game more often..

What was Balogh meant to d - stay on his line and let Lovell pick his spot?

If a keeper's defence goes awol (Zaliukas, Berra), then they have to take a gamble and narrow the angles.

It was an atrocious piece of defending, just like Aberdeen's goal here recently.

What was Balogh meant to d - stay on his line and let Lovell pick his spot?

If a keeper's defence goes awol (Zaliukas, Berra), then they have to take a gamble and narrow the angles.

It was an atrocious piece of defending, just like Aberdeen's goal here recently.

Agree with this. As I said earlier, if Lovell had been our striker we would have been spewing had he not scored in that position. As such it was clearly a tough scenario for the keeper.

He should have stayed in his area where he could at least have used his hands to try and save the effort. (It worked for him at Easter Road.)

Having decided to come out of his area, he really had to get to the ball first. Otherwise he ends up a looking a bit foolish, as if the case here.

Certainly he was let down by his defence, but he made it extremely easy for Lovell to score.

The Old Tolbooth
The only way Bob Malcolm will ever beat 3 players is by using a baseball bat.

Only if they are in green and white hoops though ;)

Archived