BBC HIGHLIGHTS

suds66

markletissier

the noise before and after the driver goal went in sent shivers up my spine, absolutely awesome.

the noise before and after the driver goal went in sent shivers up my spine, absolutely awesome.

I remember thinking that the roar when it went in was extra loud but I hadn't realised that it was growing with every player he skinned on his way towards their goal. Just had to watch/listen to that four times in a row...hehe...absolutely brilliant.

The goal against was defo Balogh's fault and drivers goal was good but helped by naive defending.

Great result tho whichever way u look at it.

Falkirk goal is a shambles, Zal loses a tackle in their half, ball breaks to Falkirk player on halfwayline who is manmarked by Berra..............why the flip does he run away from him and give the boy all the time in the world to play it through....Wallace would have covered the runner if the ball had got past Berra, then as for Balogh, he made it easy for the forward by rushing out.

As a side issue, for those of you who triumphed that Berra never lost a header all day, take it you left before the end? :P

Seymour M Hersh
I think The Balogh would have seen Red as he was the last man.

IMO Boruc only seen yellow because there were 2 Celtic players between Dargo and the goal plus he was running away from goal rather than directly towards it.

That might possibly explain the goal scoring opportunity (remember it's nothing to do with last man now) but does it explain the violent conduct aspect?

Drylaw Hearts
That might possibly explain the goal scoring opportunity (remember it's nothing to do with last man now) but does it explain the violent conduct aspect?

I didn't think it was violent conduct.

Boruc tripped him more than anything.

Just watched again, and if thats not a foul, and straight red, then your assuming Boruc came to take the ball...which I think the clip shows is unlikely.

Therefore he came to take the man, and did so with his feet high. Anywhere on the pitch at anytime that is dangerous play and should be red carded.

Drylaw Hearts
Just watched again, and if thats not a foul, and straight red, then your assuming Boruc came to take the ball...which I think the clip shows is unlikely.

Therefore he came to take the man, and did so with his feet high. Anywhere on the pitch at anytime that is dangerous play and should be red carded.

Boruc clipped Dargo on the ankles = yellow card.

But only because there were 2 Celtic players behind him.

I would be raging if a Hearts goalie had been sent of that.

Boruc clipped Dargo on the ankles = yellow card.

But only because there were 2 Celtic players behind him.

I would be raging if a Hearts goalie had been sent of that.

Of course you would, but only because he was a Hearts keeper, and not because it was a deserved red.

It dont really think it matters where he caught him...he went into him with his boot in an attempt to take the player...reckless and dangerous, clear red card.

A Hearts keeper doing the same should get the same punishment, the only difference being is that I would be livid because he was a Hearts player.

Watch it again DH - Boruc kicks Dargo on the thigh initially and then switches down to his ankle as he goes past him. He was making absolutely sure that he wasn't going to score - straight red for violent conduct IMO.

Drylaw Hearts
Of course you would, but only because he was a Hearts keeper, and not because it was a deserved red.

It dont really think it matters where he caught him...he went into him with his boot in an attempt to take the player...reckless and dangerous, clear red card.

A Hearts keeper doing the same should get the same punishment, the only difference being is that I would be livid because he was a Hearts player.

Watch it again.

Boruc jumps at Dargo but the only contact made is when he clips the guys ankles.

It's neither dangerous or violent - it was a trip.

It looked worse because of the pace at which they were running at each other.

Drylaw Hearts
Watch it again DH - Boruc kicks Dargo on the thigh initially and then switches down to his ankle as he goes past him. He was making absolutely sure that he wasn't going to score - straight red for violent conduct IMO.

I've watched it again and Boruc (imo) doesn't touch Dargo's thigh.

Watch it again.

Boruc jumps at Dargo but the only contact made is when he clips the guys ankles.

It's neither dangerous or violent - it was a trip.

It looked worse because of the pace at which they were running at each other.

Ive watched it numerous times, and I still see a red card.

Well have to agree to disagree.

I think he should have walked.

Drylaw Hearts
Ive watched it numerous times, and I still see a red card.

Well have to agree to disagree.

I think he should have walked.

Agreed.

I've watched it again and Boruc (imo) doesn't touch Dargo's thigh.

He definitely goes in at thigh level and as Dargo passes him, switches to his ankle. The intent was to chop him down and that's enough for a red - a bit like someone swinging a punch and missing.

He should have stayed in his area where he could at least have used his hands to try and save the effort. (It worked for him at Easter Road.)

Having decided to come out of his area, he really had to get to the ball first. Otherwise he ends up a looking a bit foolish, as if the case here.

Certainly he was let down by his defence, but he made it extremely easy for Lovell to score.

The Falirk player's run began at the half-way line. If anything Balogh had too much time to close him down. It would take increditble presence of mind to start running out then slow down so that he stays in his area. You just cannot expect that of a GK as a GK who leaves his line must try to close the angle as fast as possible as it is as much about putting the striker off as it is about making the block.

Balogh did nothing wrong.

Drylaw Hearts
He definitely goes in at thigh level and as Dargo passes him, switches to his ankle. The intent was to chop him down and that's enough for a red - a bit like someone swinging a punch and missing.

He goes in at thigh leve but I do think he gets his leg down just before contact is made.

I think if he'd caught him at thigh level then he should have been sent off but as I don't think he did you can only book him for the foul he actually committed which imo was a cynical trip.

Throwing a punch is a different case altogether.

He goes in at thigh leve but I do think he gets his leg down just before contact is made.

I think if he'd caught him at thigh level then he should have been sent off but as I don't think he did you can only book him for the foul he actually committed which imo was a cynical trip.

Throwing a punch is a different case altogether.

I know - think you miss my point. It was the intent to bring Dargo down (the only reason I mentioned a punch) that should have resulted in a red card and IMO Boruc clearly intended to bring him down by any means possible.

The Falirk player's run began at the half-way line. If anything Balogh had too much time to close him down. It would take increditble presence of mind to start running out then slow down so that he stays in his area. You just cannot expect that of a GK as a GK who leaves his line must try to close the angle as fast as possible as it is as much about putting the striker off as it is about making the block.

Balogh did nothing wrong.

I disagree.

He was left horribly exposed, but given the situation his team-mates had put him in, I think he did almost everything wrong.

Drylaw Hearts
I know - think you miss my point. It was the intent to bring Dargo down (the only reason I mentioned a punch) that should have resulted in a red card and IMO Boruc clearly intended to bring him down by any means possible.

I'n not following your logic GK.

Are you saying Boruc should have been sent off because he went into the challenge with the aim of committing a much worse foul than he actually did ?

I know a few boys who missed saturday's game go down to Anfield and watch a 0-0 being played out between Liverpool and Fulham.

They've not seen a single goal and they've missed two of the finest you'll see at Tynecastle this season...

Talk about bad luck :P

Are you saying Boruc should have been sent off because he went into the challenge with the aim of committing a much worse foul than he actually did ?

I'm saying he should have been sent off because he clearly intended to stop Dargo by any means and he did. He went in at thigh level but quickly switched to ankle just to make sure that he was stopping him. He didn't simply 'mistime a tackle' and, in effect, he has 2 attempts to stop him.

At no stage does he go anywhere near the ball - violent conduct for me.

gorgie rd eh11

Are you saying a player can't be sent off for a high, studs up, dangerous challenge because he didn't seriously hurt the guy? Boruc got away with it on both counts a high reckless challenge, and how anybody can say that having rounded the goalkeeper it's not a goalscoring opportunity i don't know. Still these things even themselves up :rolleyes:

Boruc - Defo Red card

Driver - excellent goal , not quite as good as I had expected based on media comments, but top goal all the same

Drylaw Hearts
Are you saying a player can't be sent off for a high, studs up, dangerous challenge because he didn't seriously hurt the guy?

Nope.

Boruc got away with it on both counts a high reckless challenge

As I have said a few times now....

I think Boruc got his leg down just before making contact and then tripped the player by clipping his ankles.

and how anybody can say that having rounded the goalkeeper it's not a goalscoring opportunity i don't know

IMO....

Dargo was not running directly toward goal and there were 2 Celtic players back covering which afftected the decision.

If there were no Celtic players back then I think the Ref would have had no option but to red card Boruc.

Wether he would have is a different arguement altogether.

gorgie rd eh11
Nope.

As I have said a few times now....

I think Boruc got his leg down just before making contact and then tripped the player by clipping his ankles.

IMO....

Dargo was not running directly toward goal and there were 2 Celtic players back covering which afftected the decision.

If there were no Celtic players back then I think the Ref would have had no option but to red card Boruc.

Wether he would have is a different arguement altogether.

The ref had the option to apply the rules, he chose the old firm get out clause as they usually do.

Nelly Terraces

Failkeek goal: NOT Baloughs fault. He ran off his line to try close the angle. He'd probably have been kippered anyway if he'd stayed back. Looks like Zaliukas moves too far up leaving the space in behind to me. Bloke makes so many mistakes/errors of judgement it's unreal.

Looks like he'll be in the team for ever more, I don't like to wish injury on a Hearts player, but in his case I'll make an exception. Him not being in the team would be of greater benefit to us than having him there week in/week out costing us goals.

I've been trying to locate the Maloney / Fyssas tackle to compare the two ?

IIRC, the St Mirren player was following a similar trajectory to Maloney on the opposite wing

The BBC article on that included this summary

Willie Young, who retired at the end of last season, said: ''All the hallmarks are there of a sending off. Maloney is heading for goal and Fyssas attempts to bring him down.

Boruc was going to take him out ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. His original lunge ( foot waist high with studs showing = red surely ) may have passed scrutiny as simply 'a missed tackle' ...........but had the eagle eyed LM been paying as much attention as usual :rolleyes: he'd have seen that Boruc, whilst falling backwards, clearly and deliberately flaps his leg out in one final desperate attempt to BRING THE PLAYER DOWN.

I don't know if any other teams have 'escaped punishment' in a similar situations recently but that's Celtic's McDonald ( stick on red ) and Boruc both been given extra lives by honest refs of late

Boruc - Defo Red card

Driver - excellent goal , not quite as good as I had expected based on media comments, but top goal all the same

You didn't go to the game?

You didn't go to the game?

given that Real Radio were suggesting it was better than Maradona's goal v England, I can understand those who didn't see it live are a little less enthusiastic about it than they had hoped.

It was a great goal but in all honesty probably not even the goal of the week let alone the season.

given that Real Radio were suggesting it was better than Maradona's goal v England, I can understand those who didn't see it live are a little less enthusiastic about it than they had hoped.

It was a great goal but in all honesty probably not even the goal of the week let alone the season.

Pretty much, the way it was reported was that he skinned them for skill and rounded the goalkeeper.

For me he actually just ran very fast and past them before they could get a challenge in, and then ran to the keepers side preventing him blocking it.

It was a brillant goal and his pace is a real asset but its definitly not the goal I was expecting based on the media reports.

Hopefully driver will do it more often though as he is lightening fast when he wants to be.

How anyone can say this is not a red card is beyond me.

Crickey that gives you a different take on the two 'covering' Celic players

There was more chance of Waldo stopping the Falkirk goal than either of that pair being 'likely' to prevent a goal bound effort.

To me thats a Goal scoring op and professional foul ( in 'old money' )

However it's only seems unfair if your not a Rangers or Celtic fan I suppose :sad:

Hackney Hearts
Watch it again.

No further questions!

Dargo had a completely open goal to aim at. The nearest Celtic defender was about level, but far too far away to get in a tackle. To say it wasn't a clear goal-scoring opportunity would be absurd.

Red.

Boruc had both feet off the ground when he made contact.

Violent and dangerous assault anywhere on the pitch. Could be thought of as clumsy, but he knew exactly what he was doing.

Forget last man.

Forget denial of a goal-scoring opportunity.

Straight red for violent conduct.

Crickey that gives you a different take on the two 'covering' Celic players

There was more chance of Waldo stopping the Falkirk goal than either of that pair being 'likely' to prevent a goal bound effort.

To me thats a Goal scoring op and professional foul ( in 'old money' )

However it's only seems unfair if your not a Rangers or Celtic fan I suppose :sad:

Correct, and I think this picture shows even better where the players were in relation to the challenge. If people want to talk about "Last man" this clearly shows Boruc WAS the last man. However i don't think that even comes into it, this tackle is dangerous and violent conduct, had this been any other player outside the box they would have walked no questions asked.

Correct, and I think this picture shows even better where the players were in relation to the challenge. If people want to talk about "Last man" this clearly shows Boruc WAS the last man. However i don't think that even comes into it, this tackle is dangerous and violent conduct, had this been any other player outside the box they would have walked no questions asked.

Look at the view that the linesman has got in this pic as well, and to think it was the linesman that helped the ref out with the penalty decision in the Aberdeen game

Look at the view that the linesman has got in this pic as well, and to think it was the linesman that helped the ref out with the penalty decision in the Aberdeen game

I noticed that after id posted the pic m8. Was waiting for someone to comment on it. Linesman couldnt have a clearer view of it he is all but 15 yards away at the time nothing between his line of sight and the incident and he is looking directly at it. So even if we were to give the ref the benefit of the huge doubt and say he didnt see it, the linesman clearly did. He can also see along the line and can see Boruc is the Last man If we were to use the last man as a reason for being sent off.

I noticed that after id posted the pic m8. Was waiting for someone to comment on it. Linesman couldnt have a clearer view of it he is all but 15 yards away at the time nothing between his line of sight and the incident and he is looking directly at it. So even if we were to give the ref the benefit of the huge doubt and say he didnt see it, the linesman clearly did. He can also see along the line and can see Boruc is the Last man If we were to use the last man as a reason for being sent off.

I had another look at the highlights ( boak ) following on from Beejams post.

The breakaway happens so quickly that, when the ball is played, the ref is midway between the St Mirren 18yd box and the halfway line. However the LM is right up with play and has the 'best' view of the two :eek:

Does the LM call the Ref over ..........or more importantly does the Ref seek advice from the LM having been 40 yds away himself ?

Eh NAW :eek: .........wel not as far as I can see.

Ref just brandishes the yellow card without a by your leave !!

It's not even classed as an honest mistake, it's going to go down simply as a yellow card issued correctly :mad:

You only have to look at Boruc himself and the Celtic fans in the background to see that they were also surprised that he got away with just a yellow on a challenge like that.

Straight red, any other day.

Definately the keepers fault for the goal. If he stays on his line Wallace catches up and Lovell wouldn't have had it so easy.

Or...could Wallace, on seeing the keeper haring out of his goal, have headed for the goal line instead of the Falkirk player...

Archived