Edinburgh - Drug Capital Of Scotland!!!

Rawrrrrrrr

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Pity we don't get as angry about Drug dealers as we do football owners.  We really do get angry about the wrong things. Government sleaze :whistling:. Foreign aide :th_Rage2:

Just catering for demand, same as pub landlords... Only difference is that the Edwardians decided opium was bad and gin was taxable. Probably due to the requirement to import opium.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sharpie

• graygo

• Governor Tarkin

• ri Alban

Not a bad lifestyle for some tbh. I know of one junkie who's mid 40s, never worked an honest day but still gets his dough, 4 kids, deals without much problem and never been locked up. Was housed up by the council a couple of years ago when he split from his bint. If you're a junkie you're rated vulnerable and jump the housing queue. 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Just catering for demand, same as pub landlords... Only difference is that the Edwardians decided opium was bad and gin was taxable. Probably due to the requirement to import opium.

Opium is the dugs baws tbf, but I'm glad I can't nip off down the offie and pick it up whenever I want. 

Similarly, I was delighted then that mephedrone stuff was outlawed. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Opium is the dugs baws tbf, but I'm glad I can't nip off down the offie and pick it up whenever I want. 

True but the way people are behaving when pubs re-open demonstrates how society needs to be controlled as half the population are utter fckwits unfortunately...

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

True but the way people are behaving when pubs re-open demonstrates how society needs to be controlled as half the population are utter fckwits unfortunately...

I'll include myself in that half, for sure.

23 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not a bad lifestyle for some tbh. I know of one junkie who's mid 40s, never worked an honest day but still gets his dough, 4 kids, deals without much problem and never been locked up. Was housed up by the council a couple of years ago when he split from his bint. If you're a junkie you're rated vulnerable and jump the housing queue. 

The law in Scotland is if you are homeless you qualify for a house. 

No such thing as priority groups any more.

Ignorance like this goes arround. 

Same as making out the ex-prick Bradley Welsh is some sort of working class hero. 

58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Same as making out the ex-prick Bradley Welsh is some sort of working class hero. 

How the eff did he get housed up then? I know of an alcoholic chick that got a very nice (for her) affordable housing two bed but that was 10 years ago. Maybe the rules changed since you're the expert. Anyway, effer has never worked a day and maintained his three decade habit. 

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

How the eff did he get housed up then? I know of an alcoholic chick that got a very nice (for her) affordable housing two bed but that was 10 years ago. Maybe the rules changed since you're the expert. Anyway, effer has never worked a day and maintained his three decade habit. 

Nah luck 

It is true you have to be homeless or disabled to get a council house.

SNP claim they are doing really well on this. 

Riddley Walker
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That was a ****ing dangerous time when you could pick that up in the shops, ****ing hell. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nah luck 

It is true you have to be homeless or disabled to get a council house.

SNP claim they are doing really well on this. 

U a housing expert now! funny enough I worked for council housing not long ago, it's a point based system and has been for as long as I remember, being homeless you get a different route to go down but unlikely to get a house, as so few available.

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

U a housing expert now! funny enough I worked for council housing not long ago, it's a point based system and has been for as long as I remember, being homeless you get a different route to go down but unlikely to get a house, as so few available.

I'm not a housing expert but I can tell you that East Lothian Council does not allocate houses purely on a points basis although it plays a big part of it. There are 4 groups of housing application types, homelessness fits into the general needs category and attracts the highest points after social needs - 200. Not sure why you think being homeless means you are unlikely to get a house.

2 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I'm not a housing expert but I can tell you that East Lothian Council does not allocate houses purely on a points basis although it plays a big part of it. There are 4 groups of housing application types, homelessness fits into the general needs category and attracts the highest points after social needs - 200. Not sure why you think being homeless means you are unlikely to get a house.

Well its a good day for you, I know nothing aboot hooses in Edinburgh, so we can have a day off.:laugh:

42 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Well its a good day for you, I know nothing aboot hooses in Edinburgh, so we can have a day off.:laugh:

Not sure what you're getting at there Bob but you're right, it is a good day for me. Every day is a good day for me.

Edit: I think I get it now, I'm not the enemy Bob, I've got more respect for you than you can begin to imagine. Any disagreements I have are not related to who has posted. 👍

Edited by Awbdy Oot

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Not sure what you're getting at there Bob but you're right, it is a good day for me. Every day is a good day for me.

Edit: I think I get it now, I'm not the enemy Bob, I've got more respect for you than you can begin to imagine. Any disagreements I have are not related to who has posted. 👍

I was just trying to make a wee joke to show there was no hard feelings,  bu I think you understand that now, so alls good.

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

I was just trying to make a wee joke to show there was no hard feelings,  bu I think you understand that now, so alls good.

Good stuff. 👍

18 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Until both are legally the in the same bracket, that's a different argument, bud. 

I do agree. 

18 hours ago, JackLadd said:

You can always tell who the grass is, when a dealer has never been jailed and his competitors vanish one by one. :D

Edited by ri Alban

18 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Co codemol is pretty easy to find. Dumbs the population down anaw, as does drink and everything else. If the country was fit and healthy the government of any colour would need to work for a living. 

Anyway, back on topic the prosecution case against the alleged killer of Bradley Welsh is taking some curious turns. 

Do they have another agenda relating to person(s) not in court?

Byyy The Light
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Anyway, back on topic the prosecution case against the alleged killer of Bradley Welsh is taking some curious turns. 

Do they have another agenda relating to person(s) not in court?

Have noticed that. Think they are just trying to paint the picture that there are a lot of shady people involved telling lies. Mustn’t have much in the way of solid evidence? 

JudyJudyJudy
On 24/04/2021 at 12:51, Mikey1874 said:

It’s a point based system . If you are disabled etc you get more priority . Simple as that . No one should jump the queue 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Minimum 28 years for the Bradley Walsh shooter.

The guy who ordered it will probably never get caught 

Not that I know much about shooting people but thought it would cost more than the 10k that was reported in the papers 

manaliveits105

Why anyone would want to shoot a film star as our local media call him is a mystery 

Jeffros Furios
35 minutes ago, theshed said:

Not that I know much about shooting people but thought it would cost more than the 10k that was reported in the papers 

There's a few wee bams out there who you could hire for not a lot ot money. 

The press are making out Orman to be some sort of professional assisain. 

JamboSpur

It’s a fairly fascinating story, there seems to be some underworld operating in Edinburgh/Midlothian.

45 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

There's a few wee bams out there who you could hire for not a lot ot money. 

The press are making out Orman to be some sort of professional assisain. 

He was out his head on drugs and as you say I don’t think professional hitmen take heroin 

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

It’s a fairly fascinating story, there seems to be some underworld operating in Edinburgh/Midlothian.

Its more an overtworld in West Lothian where dealers can operate without any chance of Police Scotland stepping in.

Things like shootings happen when you have people with an addictive need and will do anything for a cure. Legalise all drugs, and the man who pulled the trigger will be restored and never do anything bad again, I am a converted critic of drug users and legalisation, and I am sure the drug barons who are making millions on illegal sales will like me accept the change and they will adopt some legitimate business and all will become normal again, I bet even some of these illegal sellers become perfect citizens and even become politicians where they can use all the things they learned in life for the betterment of all.

Auld Reekin'
8 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Things like shootings happen when you have people with an addictive need and will do anything for a cure. Legalise all drugs, and the man who pulled the trigger will be restored and never do anything bad again, I am a converted critic of drug users and legalisation, and I am sure the drug barons who are making millions on illegal sales will like me accept the change and they will adopt some legitimate business and all will become normal again, I bet even some of these illegal sellers become perfect citizens and even become politicians where they can use all the things they learned in life for the betterment of all.

:)

On the other hand "the war against drugs" and "just say no" have been losing (hopeless?) causes for decades, so what would you suggest to try and solve the problems caused by drug-trafficking / addiction and the other criminal activities that surround and support them?

HartleyLegend3

If you want to know what's killing a lot of folks on the streets, just Google Street Valium or Benzo's 

The street's are flooded with this sh*t. 

The dealers can order it in powder form from countries like China and Japan. Pill press in the spare room or garden hut. Knock out 10's thousands of them. 

They are being sold on the streets as Valium and you can get 1000 for £15... The user knows they are fake and hasn't got a clue what's in them or how strong they are. That's why they are dieing. The 10 they got this week are 10x stronger than last weeks. 

Brutal.. 

Edited by HartleyLegend3

3 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:)

On the other hand "the war against drugs" and "just say no" have been losing (hopeless?) causes for decades, so what would you suggest to try and solve the problems caused by drug-trafficking / addiction and the other criminal activities that surround and support them?

No suggestions just accepting the obvious. Legalisation appears to be a majority thought and certainly here where marijuana  is legal no problems have been identified. I as stated am accepting the opinions that legalisation is the cure to the problem, I have expressed my very criticised views and experience, I am now eagerly awaiting the solutions presented to carry out a safe and efficient method of making legalised narcotics available to all users, particularly those who have become  addicted they probably can never achieve total withdrawl. I have no useful information to impart, but I am very willing and anticipatory to hear how the program would be conceived and implemented. I hope it is successful and soon. Here in B.C. shootings used to be newsworthy now a night with no shootings is the news. Gangs are rampant and territorial wars, are not unusual. Gangs are quite often manned by members of the same ethnic background, and shootings generally come from encroachment on claimed areas.

Legalisation I would suggest is many years away, at least in my mind the problems of supply, the problem of where the illegal suppliers move there talents too to make up for financial loss, the extreme cost of health assistance for those who are hopelessly addicted and lifestyle has increased other health issues. It would be much nicer to see tax money used in a positive legalisation move than the eternal fight against illegal suppliers but the transition is to me although worthwhile a planning, implementation and overseeing nightmare, and certainly not a quick cure subject. 

What will not advance legislation is what I now expect will be for me to justify every word I have written, of course that will advance the solution.

Auld Reekin'
6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

No suggestions just accepting the obvious. Legalisation appears to be a majority thought and certainly here where marijuana  is legal no problems have been identified. I as stated am accepting the opinions that legalisation is the cure to the problem, I have expressed my very criticised views and experience, I am now eagerly awaiting the solutions presented to carry out a safe and efficient method of making legalised narcotics available to all users, particularly those who have become  addicted they probably can never achieve total withdrawl. I have no useful information to impart, but I am very willing and anticipatory to hear how the program would be conceived and implemented. I hope it is successful and soon. Here in B.C. shootings used to be newsworthy now a night with no shootings is the news. Gangs are rampant and territorial wars, are not unusual. Gangs are quite often manned by members of the same ethnic background, and shootings generally come from encroachment on claimed areas.

Legalisation I would suggest is many years away, at least in my mind the problems of supply, the problem of where the illegal suppliers move there talents too to make up for financial loss, the extreme cost of health assistance for those who are hopelessly addicted and lifestyle has increased other health issues. It would be much nicer to see tax money used in a positive legalisation move than the eternal fight against illegal suppliers but the transition is to me although worthwhile a planning, implementation and overseeing nightmare, and certainly not a quick cure subject. 

What will not advance legislation is what I now expect will be for me to justify every word I have written, of course that will advance the solution.

Not at all, just interested - not having a go at you or your views.   :icon14:

If I was in Edinburgh and wanted to see addicts who had done or were doing drugs where would I go. I know both in Vancouver and locally here I could take you to shooting sites.

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

If I was in Edinburgh and wanted to see addicts who had done or were doing drugs where would I go. I know both in Vancouver and locally here I could take you to shooting sites.

Greyfriars Kirkyard would be a decent shout Bob.

HartleyLegend3
13 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Not sure why you would want to see that? 

We don't have shooting rooms in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Not sure why you would want to see that? 

We don't have shooting rooms in Scotland. 

Professional curiousity, I actually just wondered if there were chosen areas where the users would gather and product was available. I was also curious if there were enough addicts to have such a centre. It would not be anything shocking for me to see, been there done that in Vancouver, I also wondered just how bad it was and how much exposure to the general public. There is not  many self inflicted indignities I have not witnessed, my risk of being shocked by anything has been well immunised sadly enough.

ArcticJambo

East Hastings, imo was quite shocking! Both in terms of the numbers, and the state of those using.  Saying that I was last there, just on the edge of the area three yrs ago so I;m not up to scratch on it but 10 or so yrs ago, I stayed in a hotel for a few nights in west Burnaby, and would walk in to downtown, along that street.  Doesn't matter, day or night East Hastings was a different world, always populated by Emergency Services and folks in a desperate state.

1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

East Hastings, imo was quite shocking! Both in terms of the numbers, and the state of those using.  Saying that I was last there, just on the edge of the area three yrs ago so I;m not up to scratch on it but 10 or so yrs ago, I stayed in a hotel for a few nights in west Burnaby, and would walk in to downtown, along that street.  Doesn't matter, day or night East Hastings was a different world, always populated by Emergency Services and folks in a desperate state.

That to some extent was my world, I dealt with these people on a daily basis,  when talking about drugs and addicts, I would ask some of my critics walk a mile in my shoes, then let's talk again.

Yes that was one of the areas I have referred to, the waterfront was also a venue of choice lots of places to crawl under out of sight, as you point out the numbers are high, which was why I posed the question asking where the Edinburgh addicts are doing their thing, Hastings Street would be I would say comparable in some ways to being a street in the centre of any main town. If the Edinburgh addicts are confining themselves to a graveyard the people haven't learned what a real problem is. Here in vacationland Kelowna its not unusual to see a group of addicts doing their thing in the lakeside park.They are the people least concerned about legal drugs, they don't even care if their buy is laced with often fatal amounts of Fentanyl, to hell with the risk it gives a fantastic high, which is enjoyed probably most in a deep state of unconciousness.

HartleyLegend3
10 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Professional curiousity, I actually just wondered if there were chosen areas where the users would gather and product was available. I was also curious if there were enough addicts to have such a centre. It would not be anything shocking for me to see, been there done that in Vancouver, I also wondered just how bad it was and how much exposure to the general public. There is not  many self inflicted indignities I have not witnessed, my risk of being shocked by anything has been well immunised sadly enough.

OK. 

There's a lot of great work being done by amazing charities in Edinburgh. Accommodation and on-going support for men and women trapped in addiction. Charities like Street work, Cyrenians, Bethany Christian Trust, Salvation army, crew 2000. Search any these guys. 

Think Street work would be the best bet for information. They have a drop in daily for folks needing help and I'm pretty sure they supply clean works. Sali Army have a drop in as well.. Most of them have opportunities for Volunteering, so if anyone would like to help out.. 👍

46 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

OK. 

There's a lot of great work being done by amazing charities in Edinburgh. Accommodation and on-going support for men and women trapped in addiction. Charities like Street work, Cyrenians, Bethany Christian Trust, Salvation army, crew 2000. Search any these guys. 

Think Street work would be the best bet for information. They have a drop in daily for folks needing help and I'm pretty sure they supply clean works. Sali Army have a drop in as well.. Most of them have opportunities for Volunteering, so if anyone would like to help out.. 👍

Ridiculous, it's jail and a lifetime criminal record these folk need.

:sarcasm:

Jeffros Furios
59 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

OK. 

There was as ex addict that had a van in Central Glasgow where addicts could safely take drugs and dispose of used needles . Glasgow Council for whatever reason stopped him for doing it . 

On YouTube  I've watch videos of Kensington Philadephia and its like a zombie movie , Police not bothered about drug dealing or taking but they did move on a Church group for handing out food and water .

Peakybunnet
On 08/05/2021 at 11:07, theshed said:

He was named as Dode Baigrie during the trial. He is on the other side of the fence from the Richardson gang. 

Shanks said no
24 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

He was named as Dode Baigrie during the trial. He is on the other side of the fence from the Richardson gang. 

Baigrie represents the Lyons crime family and Richardson is linked to the Daniels gang. So pretty standard Glasgow drugs war being fought by proxy in Edinburgh.