Mr Maybury...

Ginger God Is Back

Ginger God Is Back

Spoke to him this morning at Waverley Station on his way to Aberdeen at 6.45...he wanted to come to Hearts but we had to offload players before he could sign that was the bold lads words...he said he needs games hence the reason he is off to Aberdeen.

Gimme an H...
Spoke to him this morning at Waverley Station on his way to Aberdeen at 6.45...he wanted to come to Hearts but we had to offload players before he could sign that was the bold lads words...he said he needs games hence the reason he is off to Aberdeen.

You'd think it would be simple eh, get rid of Robbie and bring in Maybury. Mind you I really cant think of many teams that have such bad right backs that they'd want Robbie in their team. Oh well, our loss is Aberdeens gain. :mad:

You'd think it would be simple eh, get rid of Robbie and bring in Maybury. Mind you I really cant think of many teams that have such bad right backs that they'd want Robbie in their team. Oh well, our loss is Aberdeens gain. :mad:

Tbh we punted pospisil

That freed up far more than we would have needed to pay for maybury, add to that pillowbiter, kurskis and screpsis and you've more than covered maybs

I know who we would all prefer:rolleyes:

The only ex Hearts player who was a success at Leicester was Kisnorbo.So if Maybury was no better than Kisnorbo Aberdeen can have him.;)

Gimme an H...
The only ex Hearts player who was a success at Leicester was Kisnorbo.So if Maybury was no better than Kisnorbo Aberdeen can have him.;)

I dont care if Maybury has bionic legs now, he surely must be better than Robbie.

I dont care if Maybury has bionic legs now, he surely must be better than Robbie.

Well we will soon see how good he is at Aberdeen

We will soon find out.Aberdeen fans are as fickle as us.He is replacing Hart, one of their favourites.So he better be good.No sure thing though.50/50 heads or tails.

Gimme an H...
Well we will soon see how good he is at Aberdeen

Im not trying to start a 'Hate Robbie' campaign here or anything like that but in my opinion I cant think of a worse 'footballer' in the leagur than Robbie. Obviously for as long as he wears the maroon and plays for Hearts I will support him but apart from throwing, effort and fitness I cant think of anything he's good at. I really really cant.

Im not trying to start a 'Hate Robbie' campaign here or anything like that but in my opinion I cant think of a worse 'footballer' in the leagur than Robbie. Obviously for as long as he wears the maroon and plays for Hearts I will support him but apart from throwing, effort and fitness I cant think of anything he's good at. I really really cant.

Big up on the support there mate!:dribble:

We will soon find out.Aberdeen fans are as fickle as us.He is replacing Hart, one of their favourites.So he better be good.No sure thing though.50/50 heads or tails.

If Maybury plays at the same level as he did for us, he will be a far poorer player for Aberdeen than Hart. Have to think he is poorer now than he was for us anyway - given that Leicester wouldn't even let him train with them!

Gimme an H...
Big up on the support there mate!:dribble:

What? Just because he plays for Hearts I have to think he's good? Take yer maroon tinted specs off for a minute and just admit that he, and a few others, are just **** and not good enough.

Ive already said I'll support him for as long as he wears maroon, I was simply implying that he just aint good enough.

Can you not see that?? :eek:

What? Just because he plays for Hearts I have to think he's good? Take yer maroon tinted specs off for a minute and just admit that he, and a few others, are just **** and not good enough.

Ive already said I'll support him for as long as he wears maroon, I was simply implying that he just aint good enough.

Can you not see that?? :eek:

Okay he may not be good enough.Many have tried and failed to take his place though.Couldn't see Maybury being a cert to take his place as well.

Gimme an H...
Okay he may not be good enough.Many have tried and failed to take his place though.Couldn't see Maybury being a cert to take his place as well.

These people that have 'tried' to take his place have all been, in my opinion, better than him. I think he's kept his place just because he's been here for as long as he has. He's seen as a 'good servant' but we all know that aint a good enough reason to be playing every week. Tall is better than Robbie. Kara is better than Robbie. Our youth system cant be that bad that we havn't got a better youngster than him surely.

Neilson isnt the only one that this can be said for it just so happens that he has something to do with this thread so this aint a 'gang up on him' kind of thing im trying to start here.

Goncalves

i didnt think anyone can sign him until he has been released from leicester and he becomes a free agent . i thought that was what hearts were waiting for.

Gimme an H...
Goncalves

Both extremely bad footballers. Goncalves is faster, stronger and can throw farther so he shades it in my vote.

I agree though, he is quite bad also.

This should be made a sticky to put an end to the relentless complaining about the lack of signings.

Still, I'm sure, there are many that will just not get it. :confused:

These people that have 'tried' to take his place have all been, in my opinion, better than him. I think he's kept his place just because he's been here for as long as he has. He's seen as a 'good servant' but we all know that aint a good enough reason to be playing every week. Tall is better than Robbie. Kara is better than Robbie. Our youth system cant be that bad that we havn't got a better youngster than him surely.

Neilson isnt the only one that this can be said for it just so happens that he has something to do with this thread so this aint a 'gang up on him' kind of thing im trying to start here.

Rubbish.Okay he is no world beater.Do you honestly think he only plays because he is a long serving player.He was out injured last season and still nobody could claim his place.Tall and Karapidis were tried but were found wanting as well.Youth system doesn't seem to have anybody.Costa was tried but he was murder.That other clown (forgot his name) got a start at Tannadice.Hauled off so that was the end of him.The only person who looked to have a chance was Barrassa.Surprise surprise he was deemed not good enough by most on here.I thought he was the one but he got injured all the time.So i can understand why Neilson plays.

Gimme an H...
Rubbish.Okay he is no world beater.Do you honestly think he only plays because he is a long serving player.He was out injured last season and still nobody could claim his place.Tall and Karapidis were tried but were found wanting as well.Youth system doesn't seem to have anybody.Costa was tried but he was murder.That other clown (forgot his name) got a start at Tannadice.Hauled off so that was the end of him.The only person who looked to have a chance was Barrassa.Surprise surprise he was deemed not good enough by most on here.I thought he was the one but he got injured all the time.So i can understand why Neilson plays.

Im sorry but there is no way in HELL that Robbie Neilson is better at right back than Karapidis or Tall.

:wacko:

letsmakesomenoise
Tbh we punted pospisil

That freed up far more than we would have needed to pay for maybury, add to that pillowbiter, kurskis and screpsis and you've more than covered maybs

Kurskis' deal has been extended to the summer :(:(

Im sorry but there is no way in HELL that Robbie Neilson is better at right back than Karapidis or Tall.

Karapidis at RB is a bombscare, do you remember the Scottish Cup game at East End Park last season when we brought John Armstrong on for him because of the fact he was such a nightmare, as for Tall he's alright at RB in an emergency, but he looks far more comfortable at Centre Half.

Face facts there aren't many RB's in the SPL as good as Robbie and he's here to stay, probably with Elliot staying as well.

Gimme an H...
Karapidis at RB is a bombscare, do you remember the Scottish Cup game at East End Park last season when we brought John Armstrong on for him because of the fact he was such a nightmare, as for Tall he's alright at RB in an emergency, but he looks far more comfortable at Centre Half.

Face facts there aren't many RB's in the SPL as good as Robbie and he's here to stay, probably with Elliot staying as well.

To your first point...If Karapidis is a bombscare then what the **** would you call Robbie Neilson???? :eek:

and to your second point...Aaaaahahahhahahahahaha!!!!! Good one palllll!! :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Karapidis and Tall are centre backs...Tall looks very, very uncomfortable at right back. I haven't seen Karipdis at right back but the switch from centre to full back is not easy.

I am no great fan of Robbie and would love us to sign another right back. However, supporters of other clubs talk very highly of Robbie.

Gimme an H...
Karapidis and Tall are centre backs...Tall looks very, very uncomfortable at right back. I haven't seen Karipdis at right back but the switch from centre to full back is not easy.

I am no great fan of Robbie and would love us to sign another right back. However, supporters of other clubs talk very highly of Robbie.

Probably cos they dont see him week in week out eh...

Probably cos they dont see him week in week out eh...

Possibly....or even probably

However, the core of my post was a view that Karapidis and Tall aren't the right back answer either...

Gimme an H...
Possibly....or even probably

However, the core of my post was a view that Karapidis and Tall aren't the right back answer either...

Maybe not but the core of MY posts were of the view that Robbie definately isnt either.

:)

Well although its dissapointing he hasnt signed it does show we are beginning to give some thought to the wage bill rather than letting it spiral further out of control!

Dr Ian Malcolm

He does get a lot of stick, some justified, some not, but when you actually look around the rest of the SPL right backs (not creme de la creme of fullbacks mind) there's not a lot better.

Look at the alternatives we could have had - Petras (actually thought he may have come good but was on a hiding to nothing after his debut), Tall is a centrabck, as is Karipidis who has been very good since moved to his natural position, and Baras - well I thought he was pish. Can't understand why some people seemed to rate him. I missed Costa's one and only appearance, and Jason Thomson doesn't appear to be able to cut it.

Robbie might not be the most rounded gifted player, but he's the best had in that position for a few years, its up to whoever comes in to prove otherwise.

Gimme an H...
Well although its dissapointing he hasnt signed it does show we are beginning to give some thought to the wage bill rather than letting it spiral further out of control!

I agree completely.

He does get a lot of stick, some justified, some not, but when you actually look around the rest of the SPL right backs (not creme de la creme of fullbacks mind) there's not a lot better.

Look at the alternatives we could have had - Petras (actually thought he may have come good but was on a hiding to nothing after his debut), Tall is a centrabck, as is Karipidis who has been very good since moved to his natural position, and Baras - well I thought he was pish. Can't understand why some people seemed to rate him. I missed Costa's one and only appearance, and Jason Thomson doesn't appear to be able to cut it.

Robbie might not be the most rounded gifted player, but he's the best had in that position for a few years, its up to whoever comes in to prove otherwise.

Dont agree in the slightest. Costa was better, Kara and Tall are better. Robbie cant pass, header, he isnt fast, he gets muscled off the ball too easily, plays his way into trouble and is generally useless tbh.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Both extremely bad footballers. Goncalves is faster, stronger and can throw farther so he shades it in my vote.

I agree though, he is quite bad also.

and can actual pass sort of and can run with the ball

HMFCjamieHMFC

Its mainly because he used to snap nob's like Brown and Mcgeady and i thought he wasn't that bad

bilston angel

Yes we get ok, a substantial number of players could easily have been sent to Kaunas just as easily as they were dumped here.

bilston angel
This should be made a sticky to put an end to the relentless complaining about the lack of signings.

Still, I'm sure, there are many that will just not get it. :confused:

Yes we get it ok, a substantial number of players could have been sent back to Kaunas just as easily as they were dumped here. Thereby allowing for maybe a couple of quality signings and clearing the way for youth to be given a chance, but no were stuck with that bunch of deadbeats.

The Puppeteer
To your first point...If Karapidis is a bombscare then what the **** would you call Robbie Neilson???? :eek:

and to your second point...Aaaaahahahhahahahahaha!!!!! Good one palllll!! :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I wouldn't call Neilson a bombscare, I don't think he's a bad defender at all but is not what you'd call a very cultured right back to say the least. I look at him as a poor man's Gary Neville - solid in defence and one of the best clearers of the ball you'll ever see ;) but devoid of any natural attacking or passing ability.

One thing I will add to all this is that the overall under-performance and lack of confidence that the team has suffered from this season (primarily down to some archaic coaching methods which we've hopefully seen the back of) has highlighted the inadequacies of, in particular, both Neilson and Goncalves. The flip side of which is that when the team is playing with confidence and performing again the qualities of both players will be far more evident and the added confidence that they gain as a result would see their overall game benefit as a result.

badly drawn boy

We dont know how good Maybury is likely to be regardless of his yesteryear , he publicly acknowledges his like for the capital -he has a home here , his Gfriend/Wife is from here

Im sure after his 6 month spell with the dandies come to an end , we could move for him if required

i suppose on one hand its good we're trying to get rid of players before signing more, but he would have been a handy addition, and surely the fact that we got rid of Pospisil could have meant he could join.

Jambo, Goodbye

Almost everybody wanted the squad trimmed before we looked to sign more players

Now that happens, we complain about the lack of signings.

We really are a fickle bunch aren't we...

Maybe it's just me but I thought I'd noticed a distinct improvement in Robbie's game lately. Perhaps it's just because he's been getting so much abuse that I've been paying him more attention but from an attacking point of view he's been involved in loads of our best moves of late. Always the same sort of thing, he takes the ball out on the wing...takes it past a few defenders up to the byline (or as near as possible) and has put in some rather nice crosses.

Defensively he's still a wee bit dubious at times but so are the rest of our back line. He doesn't have much pace but he still terrifies me far less than Jose and his amazing whirling bionic limbs.

i am not being a dick but honest to god i suspected that

I'm sorry, I'm repeating myself here, but we don't need to sign a fullback to replace Robbie. We already have one. He's playing for the under 19s and reserves and is, in my opinion, better than Robbie already - Jonathan Brown. He's fast, gets up and down the park for 90 minutes, can tackle, pass and cross a ball. Unfortunately he doesn't have a long throw!!

I've seen both playing for the reserves and, without doubt, Brown was the better player. I'd be interested to hear what other under 19, Reserves, watchers think.

I'm sorry, I'm repeating myself here, but we don't need to sign a fullback to replace Robbie. We already have one. He's playing for the under 19s and reserves and is, in my opinion, better than Robbie already - Jonathan Brown. He's fast, gets up and down the park for 90 minutes, can tackle, pass and cross a ball. Unfortunately he doesn't have a long throw!!

I've seen both playing for the reserves and, without doubt, Brown was the better player. I'd be interested to hear what other under 19, Reserves, watchers think.

I've no idea what Jonathan Brown is like. However, Alan Maybury probably wouldn't have offered a massive improvement on Robbie.

Brown will no doubt get a chance to show what he can do in some meaningless game towards the end of the season.

Seymour M Hersh
Tbh we punted pospisil

You are an idiot!!

Maybe it's just me but I thought I'd noticed a distinct improvement in Robbie's game lately. Perhaps it's just because he's been getting so much abuse that I've been paying him more attention but from an attacking point of view he's been involved in loads of our best moves of late. Always the same sort of thing, he takes the ball out on the wing...takes it past a few defenders up to the byline (or as near as possible) and has put in some rather nice crosses.

Defensively he's still a wee bit dubious at times but so are the rest of our back line. He doesn't have much pace but he still terrifies me far less than Jose and his amazing whirling bionic limbs.

Finally a sensible post about Robbie Neilson, you would think we had the equivelant of Charles Manson playing at right back the way some people go on about him.

:gangsta:

Gimme an H...
Finally a sensible post about Robbie Neilson, you would think we had the equivelant of Charles Manson playing at right back the way some people go on about him.

Do you think Robbie Neilson is good enough?

I've never seen this boy play but even so I'd be willing to bet my house on the fact that he's a better football player than the right back that plays week in week out.

I don't think Robbie is the worst player in the team but he seems to carry the can on here for every poor performance that the team have. The boy from the under 19's may be up to the job, and if he is then I would be happy to see him play right back ahead of Robbie.

However, until that day comes we should get off Neilson's case as he isn't the worst player currently playing in that team.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Not really, his problem has never been going forward, the fact is we have a right back that cant defend but is OK going forward.

Archived