Mr Maybury...

Ginger God Is Back

Gimme an H...
Not really, his problem has never been going forward, the fact is we have a right back that cant defend but is OK going forward.

I dont even think he's 'OK' going forward, I think he's worse going forward than he is at anything else tbh. I hate to keep banging on about him and how bad I think he is but the truth hurts sometimes. Im sure he's a very good honest professional etc etc but that dont make you a good player unfortunately.

I don't think Robbie is the worst player in the team but he seems to carry the can on here for every poor performance that the team have. The boy from the under 19's may be up to the job, and if he is then I would be happy to see him play right back ahead of Robbie.

However, until that day comes we should get off Neilson's case as he isn't the worst player currently playing in that team.

I dont think Robbie is the worst player in the SQUAD, that one would go to Ivaskevicius IMO, at least Robbie realises roughly what his job is whereas number 28 just looks clueless 100% of the time, BUT in the 10 that plays most weeks outfield I think Robbie is the worst 'footballer'. Yes even worse than Jose. :eek:

I dont even think he's 'OK' going forward, I think he's worse going forward than he is at anything else tbh. I hate to keep banging on about him and how bad I think he is but the truth hurts sometimes. Im sure he's a very good honest professional etc etc but that dont make you a good player unfortunately.

I dont think Robbie is the worst player in the SQUAD, that one would go to Ivaskevicius IMO, at least Robbie realises roughly what his job is whereas number 28 just looks clueless 100% of the time, BUT in the 10 that plays most weeks outfield I think Robbie is the worst 'footballer'. Yes even worse than Jose. :eek:

Shocked at the fact you think he is worse than Jose who is truly clueless and a total liability almost all of the time.

:eek:

Gimme an H...
Shocked at the fact you think he is worse than Jose who is truly clueless and a total liability almost all of the time.

:eek:

I completely agree that Jose is a ****e footballer aswel but he has the advantage in that he can header FAIRLY well and can complete a pass without putting it out for a throw. He also has the brains and vision to at least ATTEMPT to play a pass to a midfielder before just lumping it up the park with no-one anywhere near him.

Jose - I have said from day 1 that he is a bombscare that can't pass.

Robbie - Is not as bad as people make out, if we want to challenge the ugly sisters we need better (btw Smith offered 500K for him last summer)

Something that nobody ever points out here. Our full backs have the longest throws-ins in the SPL, yet do they ever find a man? do they hell

Gimme an H...
Jose - I have said from day 1 that he is a bombscare that can't pass.

Robbie - Is not as bad as people make out, if we want to challenge the ugly sisters we need better (btw Smith offered 500K for him last summer)

Something that nobody ever points out here. Our full backs have the longest throws-ins in the SPL, yet do they ever find a man? do they hell

Correct mate, and in the last few games Robbie hasnt even been able to do THAT right!

The only thing I can think of that Robbie is better than Jose at is positional awareness cos Jose is just woeful at that.

Rubbish.Okay he is no world beater.Do you honestly think he only plays because he is a long serving player. Yes He was out injured last season and still nobody could claim his place.Tall and Karapidis were tried but were found wanting as well. No worse than RobbieYouth system doesn't seem to have anybody.Costa was tried but he was murder.You must be watching Hibs to much , otherwise your having a laugh That other clown (forgot his name) got a start at Tannadice.Hauled off so that was the end of him.The only person who looked to have a chance was Barrassa.Surprise surprise he was deemed not good enough by most on here.I thought he was the one but he got injured all the time.So i can understand why Neilson plays.
Please share it with everyone then please !!!

Craig Gordons Gloves

Robbie Neilson could have a day where he rescues 15 children from a burning building, cures aids, prevents disaster by flying a spaceship into an asteroid and marry Angelina Jolie.

The subsequent replies to a thread stating all this would be -

"he started the fire"

"he knew years ago what the cure was but only just came out with it"

"the asteroid was one of his throw ins so it is only right he stopped it"

"i hope he can live with himself, brad pitt is devastated"

That is the lot of the current right back at hearts - the current right back who has been played by every manager since Jefferies, was picked for Scotland and has been consistent and solid throughout most games in the past 3 years.

Drylaw Hearts
Robbie Neilson could have a day where he rescues 15 children from a burning building, cures aids, prevents disaster by flying a spaceship into an asteroid and marry Angelina Jolie.

The subsequent replies to a thread stating all this would be -

"he started the fire"

"he knew years ago what the cure was but only just came out with it"

"the asteroid was one of his throw ins so it is only right he stopped it"

"i hope he can live with himself, brad pitt is devastated"

That is the lot of the current right back at hearts - the current right back who has been played by every manager since Jefferies, was picked for Scotland and has been consistent and solid throughout most games in the past 3 years.

He has been consistant.

Consistantly shi te.

Awful footballer.

He has been consistant.

Consistantly shi te.

Awful footballer.

You too are consistent, but not in as good way. Give it a rest. Or still greetin about Elvis ?

He does get a lot of stick, some justified, some not, but when you actually look around the rest of the SPL right backs (not creme de la creme of fullbacks mind) there's not a lot better.

Look at the alternatives we could have had - Petras (actually thought he may have come good but was on a hiding to nothing after his debut), Tall is a centrabck, as is Karipidis who has been very good since moved to his natural position, and Baras - well I thought he was pish. Can't understand why some people seemed to rate him. I missed Costa's one and only appearance, and Jason Thomson doesn't appear to be able to cut it.

Robbie might not be the most rounded gifted player, but he's the best had in that position for a few years, its up to whoever comes in to prove otherwise.

I agree with you pal,Robbie has been as good as we have had for the past few years,although he played better when he had good players around him.BARASSA! Give me strength!If he,s a football player I,m chairman of hobo,s fan club!Pass me the vodka ffs!

Gimme an H...
He has been consistant.

Consistantly shi te.

Awful footballer.

Wayheeey!!! Someone who can see Robbie for what he is!!

A truly dreadful footballer.

Im not trying to start a 'Hate Robbie' campaign here or anything like that but in my opinion I cant think of a worse 'footballer' in the leagur than Robbie. Obviously for as long as he wears the maroon and plays for Hearts I will support him but apart from throwing, effort and fitness I cant think of anything he's good at. I really really cant.

This is common for p who dont know much about football and how to play it!

Robbie is a right back therefore is a defender. his job first and foremost is to defend and he does that very well.

however going forwrd i must admit he is terrible. got a touch like a giraffe and poor distribution and it is unfortunately this what he is judged on unfairly in my opinion.

Robbie is a right back therefore is a defender. his job first and foremost is to defend and he does that very well.

however going forwrd i must admit he is terrible. got a touch like a giraffe and poor distribution and it is unfortunately this what he is judged on unfairly in my opinion.

To be honest I think he is as bad at Jose is when it comes to not marking his man!

Gimme an H...

Used to play amatuer mate think I probably know a bit more about playing football and spotting a good footballer than you do. :confused:

Robbie defending is like watching Jose defending...only worse. Hes frightening.

This thread's going down a bit of a cringeworthy route :

"You disagree with me, you don't know anything about football!"

"I played to a higher level than you, I know more than you!"

Both ridiculous statements.

For what it's worth, my take on Neilson is that he isn't as good or as bad as many make out. He's solid enough defensively, but lacks technique. Yes, he gives 100%, but 100% of mediocrity is still mediocre.

He's a decent right back for a bottom six SPL side, which is what we are at the moment. If we want to progress, we need a better right back, but there are other positions which need strengthened far more.

Archived