Obua (merged threads)

captain

Hans von Luck

Please remember that he is in a new country and playing a different style of football than he was most likley used to.

I may take next season before we see the best of big D.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We_are_the_Hearts
What sort of comments have you made and against which player ?

Good for you.

I did. And I feel it describes No.29 perfectly.

Tbf to those who doubted Aguiars ability....

He didn't exactlt set the heather on fire before his injury plus when a player is out for so long you have to question wether or not he will ever fully recover.

But I think Aguiar has surpassed most people's expectations if him since he's returned.

Robbies distributon, Wallace diving in and not blocking crosses, Zaliukas being casual, Karipidis not aggresive enough etc. All Hearts players have weaknesses to their game, if they didn't they would be at better teams. They all have ability though.

It was obvious Bruno was a player but our tactic of firing shoulder height balls up to Bednar and Elliott wasn't getting the best out of him.

Still think you are pathetic with the scrote jibe. Would like to be present if you called him it to his face.

I'm glad we got the goal before he came on.

Still waiting for any kind of sign that he will make it in the SPL.

But thats the funny thing - he's hardly the sort of player that you bring on to close out a game, or to help defend a one goal lead.

Drylaw Hearts

Still think you are pathetic with the scrote jibe. Would like to be present if you called him it to his face.

And what do think he's do to me ?

Ram the heid on my balls !

But thats the funny thing - he's hardly the sort of player that you bring on to close out a game, or to help defend a one goal lead.

He had been preparing to come on for two or three minutes before Driver scored.

At first I was surprised that he was considered the player who could go out and help us win the game from that position. Then I was even more surprised that the substitution went ahead, especially as quickly as it did after the goal. To me it would have made more sense to consolidate for ten minutes. It looked to me as if it had been decided that Obua was coming on after 60 minutes, come what may. ;)

But we got away with it, which is all that matters I suppose. :)

Drylaw Hearts
He had been preparing to come on for two or three minutes before Driver scored.

At first I was surprised that he was considered the player who could go out and help us win the game from that position. Then I was even more surprised that the substitution went ahead, especially as quickly as it did after the goal. To me it would have made more sense to consolidate for ten minutes. It looked to me as if it had been decided that Obua was coming on after 60 minutes, come what may. ;)

But we got away with it, which is all that matters I suppose. :)

:)

That 60 minute substitution is definitely a firm favourite with someone.

Csaba getting a hard time because he took off a defensive player for an attacking player. :)

Who mentioned Csaba? :P

The People's Chimp
Evidence that you guys dont know much about football, I mentioned it recently that obua makes the team complete and still looking at statistics! Hearts lost most if not all the games obua has not played this season, we have won all the games he has played expect the ardrie game!

Pish or no Pish, Obua already has results from the SPL, 6 appearances and 6 wins!

Too much on the ball??? The rest of the team need to learn how obua plays, he is a match maker, holds on to the ball, makes killer passes, we have already seen afew of these, like the one he made to Nade in the Hamilton game!

Obua is a good player and because of him and his coach, Hearts can celebrate a 4 win streak for the first time in over 4 years!!

What a laughable post. Utterly hilarious. Of course It was Obua who won the game on saturday, the other 12 players who played had nothing to do with it, especially not driver or aguiar.

I wonder if you'd like to consider the BBC highlights on their website and Falkirk's last chance, which they really should have scored and then give your incredibly knowledgable footballing expert's opinion on his complete failure to track his man back, leaving him in acres of space and able to put a cross in right on top of Hogdon's head.

He may have technical ability and may well develop into a player, but he simply cannot be allowed to continuously drift inside, or right up front, and leave his man to stroll into space and then not even bother moving to try and make amends. If higdon had put that header on target then we'd be looking at 1 point, rather than 3.

Fortunately Shabba's sensible enough to know better - he'll continue to give Obua the odd 20 minutes to an hour until he is able to adapt. He was only given a work permit because he is such a decent footballer. Most players who come from overseas need a season to adapt - this isn't just the case with the SPL but happens in the EPL and every other league accross Europe, no matter how good the player is. Even Drogba was peesh in his first season - Shevchenko never managed to adapt to pace of the English game either, either did Veron. Fact remains that they were all top players and they should be given time. If he's not upped his game by next January (2010) then fair enough but lets not hound him out the Scottish game before he's had a decent crack at the whip!

I'm sorry but that's far to sensible for this board. You'll be run out of town with talk like that.

What a laughable post. Utterly hilarious. Of course It was Obua who won the game on saturday, the other 12 players who played had nothing to do with it, especially not driver or aguiar.

I wonder if you'd like to consider the BBC highlights on their website and Falkirk's last chance, which they really should have scored and then give your incredibly knowledgable footballing expert's opinion on his complete failure to track his man back, leaving him in acres of space and able to put a cross in right on top of Hogdon's head.

He may have technical ability and may well develop into a player, but he simply cannot be allowed to continuously drift inside, or right up front, and leave his man to stroll into space and then not even bother moving to try and make amends. If higdon had put that header on target then we'd be looking at 1 point, rather than 3.

Yes the goals were scored before obua came on, and he nearly cost us loss of points, but these mistakes are made by all players! The point is not even the player himself, but us the Hearts supporters! We are always wining about this player or that player! We need to give the player time to get to his best, at the sametime the team has to get used to the way he plays! Csaba brings him on regularly because he wants to make a certain formation, that will give us a new formular which may even get us the SPL silverware!!! Which for now is shared between Celtic or Rangers!!!!

Jam Tarts 1874

Some people are just not happy unless they have something to moan about.

Obua had some good touches when he came on yesterday. There are some on here who cannot now change their opinions on certain players due to the anti Romanov/Csaba stance that they took at the beginning of the season. I say that is a very sad indictment of the individual posters concerned.

Some of us have the maturity and emotional intelligence to look at all matters objectively, unfortunately some don't.

we should give the guy a break. as has been said before, he has to adapt to a totally different life and style of footie. some of his touches were decent yesterday and i fancied him one on one when they were pushing up but he didnt get the break of the ball. may be next season that we see the best of him.

Guest JamboRobbo
Some people are just not happy unless they have something to moan about.

Obua had some good touches when he came on yesterday. There are some on here who cannot now change their opinions on certain players due to the anti Romanov/Csaba stance that they took at the beginning of the season. I say that is a very sad indictment of the individual posters concerned.

Some of us have the maturity and emotional intelligence to look at all matters objectively, unfortunately some don't.

Aye, good to see you commenting intelligently and objectively on the subject, not just having digs at people who've expressed a different opinion than you.

Not read all o the replies on this thread but it would`nt affect my view anyway.

Obua done reasonably well when he came on. He`s yet to prove his worth long term but coming on in the heat of the battle and being told to play a forwards role i thought he done enough to help us to victory.

Fortunately Shabba's sensible enough to know better - he'll continue to give Obua the odd 20 minutes to an hour until he is able to adapt. He was only given a work permit because he is such a decent footballer. Most players who come from overseas need a season to adapt - this isn't just the case with the SPL but happens in the EPL and every other league accross Europe, no matter how good the player is. Even Drogba was peesh in his first season - Shevchenko never managed to adapt to pace of the English game either, either did Veron. Fact remains that they were all top players and they should be given time. If he's not upped his game by next January (2010) then fair enough but lets not hound him out the Scottish game before he's had a decent crack at the whip!

I'm with the above comment, all the way.

Some players are best viewed in terms of what they can do for the team.

Others, its what the team can do for them.

Obua (and Kingston) are both very talented, they need talent around them.

Robbie, Wallace are both solid grafters and have ups (and downs).

Its not for armchair critics to claim they know how to make that work.

Its for fans to give the real manager patience in order to make it work.

Obua is fast, Driver is fast, Bruno is fast and Larry is fast. My money is on a formation that uses this to its advantage. A striker that can work off fast breaks would make it complete. Could be an interesting second half to the season after the transfer window, and Obua's likely to be a big part of it.

Deodato

Did anyone else notice that when he was shouted from the dug out he laughed and shook his head. Dont know what to take from that, does he not want to play? Was there a shout from the stand?

He's not exactly hit the ground running.

But Csaba clearly rates him very highly, and for that reason I'm prepared to give him the chance to settle and prove himself. I'm still hopefull he could be a decent player for us. He's certainly got the requisite physical attributes!

What the **** did he do wrong when he came on ?

Nothing that i could see.He was safe and played nice simple passes and lay offs which is exactly what Csaba would have wanted from him seeing as we were down to 10 men.

I thought he did well when he came on. Got back and defended, kept the ball and won some free kicks.

I agree.

TBH, the only time I have seen him start he played well against St Midden until he was moved to LB. He has composure on the ball and we he gets used to the pace of the game here, I think he will do ok.

From his short time so far I can see a few positives.

- He is confident and wants the ball (I remember Beslija wanting rid of the ball quickly)

- Despite his slim build, he seems fairly strong in the air

- he can pick a decent pass

- he seems to be fairly versatile

Archived