Obua (merged threads)

captain

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kenny ******* Powers

I think there is a player in there somewhere. Granted he hasn't been great but has only played a handful of games. I think/hope he will improve as he settles. Only my opinion though.

Libertonian_II
Not usually one for slating players after a victory but the lad is no good.

Discuss.

Thought he did alright to be perfectly honest. What did he do wrong?

I just don't think he's made much of a contribution to any game apart from the Airdrie cup tie when he spent the night trying to launch shots at every bulb in the stand roof behind the goals.

He just looks too casual, I'm sure there's a player in there waiting to get out but his only contribution today was taking up the place where Driver could have been running riot.

I also think he did pretty well when he came on. The only criticism you could make is that he wants too much time on the ball, but very few foreign players arrive in Scotland and get used to the pace of things straight away.

He definately looked better than his first couple of appearances, he's showing some of his fabled pace and actually won a fair few headers today.

Thought he started a bit shakey but got better. Won a few headers as well which was good to see. Csaba had a word with him after he went walk about and ended up on the right with Driver...

I think he jsut needs games now and he will settle into the Scottish game

I'm happy to wait until he has had many more games before I judge him.

One thing I will say though, I'm glad he got rid of the sch!tty colured boots he wore last home game - no Hearts player should ever wear that colour!

Hmmn Not very good today at all was he? Positionally he seems lost. Loath to put in a tackle, seems to prefer to wait for the pass and then try to intercept...Going forward he made some decent runs but his decision-making is too slow.

Not ready to give up on him by any means but he needs to wake up and adapt his game for the SPL.

I don't want to write the guy off as it took Thomas Flogel a long time to settle into Scottish football but I thought he was terrible again today.

He constantly wants to slow the game down (even when we're breaking at pace) he wants far too long on the ball and he loses his man FAR too often.

When they should of equalised right at the death it was his man and their right midfielder who doubled up on Wallace to get the cross in. I looked to see where Oboua was and he was sauntering about 15 yards short of the half-way line.

He's going to have to go some to ever look a player in this league IMHO.

He wanted a bit too long on the ball, but I thought his passing was good and he showed some excellent touches at times

Also good in the air, and seems to have decent pace. Once he gets used to the speed of the Scottish game, I think he will be a very good player

I don't want to write the guy off as it took Thomas Flogel a long time to settle into Scottish football but I thought he was terrible again today.

He constantly wants to slow the game down (even when we're breaking at pace) he wants far too long on the ball and he loses his man FAR too often.

When they should of equalised right at the death it was his man and their right midfielder who doubled up on Wallace to get the cross in. I looked to see where Oboua was and he was sauntering about 15 yards short of the half-way line.

He's going to have to go some to ever look a player in this league IMHO.

Agree with all of that, the guy is really struggling at the moment.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

There is the example of Nade and how he has developed and I hope the same for Obua but right now he looks like th Ugandan version of Audrey: Someone who brings nothing to the side.

Lets hope there is a player there waiting to appear...

He wanted a bit too long on the ball, but I thought his passing was good and he showed some excellent touches at times

Also good in the air, and seems to have decent pace. Once he gets used to the speed of the Scottish game, I think he will be a very good player

I think thats a very fair observation on his performance today, and his longer term prospects.

He just looks so nervous.

He holds onto the ball when he shouldn't. And then other times when he has loads of time and room gets rid of the ball quickly.

I don't think we should write him off as pish just yet.

portobellojambo1

Discuss.

I have to be honest and say I thought he looked totally lost today. Continually gave the ball away with poor passes, or lost it because he just took so long to make his mind up what he wanted to do with it.

I suspect the step up from Ugandan football to SPL football may be a step too far at this time, whether or not he will grow into it I do not know.

He is built more like a sprint runner rather than a footballer as well which possibly doesn't help him in the physical side of the game.

He's a strange one.

Everyone who says he's gash is right - but then again, so is everyone who says he's good. He's just that type of sublime to ridiculous player.

Did great at times today, but was also guilty of some hellish moments as well.

Thought he did ok today. Looks more of a threat going forward than in defence so not sure where he'll fit in. He needs time to adapt to the speed of the Scottish game as he wants too much time on the ball at present. So difficult to judge him right now.

Chad Sexington
I have to be honest and say I thought he looked totally lost today. Continually gave the ball away with poor passes, or lost it because he just took so long to make his mind up what he wanted to do with it.

I suspect the step up from Ugandan football to SPL football may be a step too far at this time, whether or not he will grow into it I do not know.

He is built more like a sprint runner rather than a footballer as well which possibly doesn't help him in the physical side of the game.

If only he was built like a sprinter. Unfortunately he's built like one of those long distance runners.

He's like the gable end of a crisp. :sad:

Also meant to say that it was a ridiculous substitution from Csaba today IMO.

Driver was destroying their number 22 every time he got the ball and shunting him over to the right meant he was far less effective. All to accomodate Obua who contributed almost zero.

Its obvious that he's a favourite of Csaba's but I really hope he's not shoe-horned into the team at the expense of others just because Csaba likes him.

It would be interesting to see how he plays at LB or behind Nade.

The early indications aren't great but he is still settling

At the end of the day you have to give the lad time he must have something or Csaba would not have brought him over so have faith and give the lad until the end of the season.

Grumpy.

He's a strange one.

Everyone who says he's gash is right - but then again, so is everyone who says he's good. He's just that type of sublime to ridiculous player.

Did great at times today, but was also guilty of some hellish moments as well.

That makes him sound like a poor man's Paolo Wanchope! :) It can be very difficult for a player to adjust to Scottish football, which is almost like another sport compared with what Obua'll have been used to; plus, as he's played so little so far, he'll be lacking match fitness too. I have a lot of doubts about him - but it's too early to pass judgement, I think.

portobellojambo1
If only he was built like a sprinter. Unfortunately he's built like one of those long distance runners.

He's like the gable end of a crisp. :sad:

You are right, I was getting my running distances mixed up. He just doesn't, at this time, look suited to a game which is physical, and played with a bit pace, and he is just skin and bone, there is no meat there (well not visible meat).

Miller Jambo 60
I just don't think he's made much of a contribution to any game apart from the Airdrie cup tie when he spent the night trying to launch shots at every bulb in the stand roof behind the goals.

He just looks too casual, I'm sure there's a player in there waiting to get out but his only contribution today was taking up the place where Driver could have been running riot.

What is it with PORTO follow hibs mate and stop moaning:hobofish:

Libertonian_II
Also meant to say that it was a ridiculous substitution from Csaba today IMO.

Driver was destroying their number 22 every time he got the ball and shunting him over to the right meant he was far less effective. All to accomodate Obua who contributed almost zero.

Its obvious that he's a favourite of Csaba's but I really hope he's not shoe-horned into the team at the expense of others just because Csaba likes him.

I thought it was a good substitution. He took off Jonsson who was pretty dire and moved Driver right to accommodate Obua. I thought we looked more comfortable that way

Honestly never a footballer this lad. Actually had me laughing at some of his 1st touches! I've seen mare skill at schoolboy level :)

I thought it was a good substitution. He took off Jonsson who was pretty dire and moved Driver right to accommodate Obua. I thought we looked more comfortable that way

I startedn a thread after he played a few games and said he was hopeless. Seen nothing since to change my opinion. He is utterly gash.

Generic Username

I said it to my mates at the game today;

Obua looked delicate.

There is definitely a footballer there but he's got to get some testicular fortitude going.

MackaysCentreSpot

I think the boy is a strange case.

On minute he can look like a good player.

The next minute he looks like he has never kicked a ball before.

So I would have to agree with AS. There is a player in there somewhere.

What is it with PORTO follow hibs mate and stop moaning:hobofish:

How about going to night school to brush up on the english lingo, might help you to look a bit less of the ***** you clearly are.

Lay of the Land
Hmmn Not very good today at all was he? Positionally he seems lost. Loath to put in a tackle, seems to prefer to wait for the pass and then try to intercept...Going forward he made some decent runs but his decision-making is too slow.

Not ready to give up on him by any means but he needs to wake up and adapt his game for the SPL.

My thoughts, exactly.

He seems to run around as though he's been bayoneted in the groin!!

We have him on a 3yr contract, so I hope he comes good.

A wee bit of contradiction here,when the back up didnt arrive:cool:

ToadKiller Dog

Cleary no where near the pace yet for the SPL , needs to bulk up a bit and build confidence ,both can and will be worked on ,would be better with a few reserve games to do this ,but i think there is a player there looks to make pases and moved about quite well.

Will give him a lot more time a big step up for him moving here.

The People's Chimp

He nearly cost us the win with his lost in no man's land nonsense. He let their right midfielder right past him, didn't bother tracking back and just stood watching. Shocking.

I think he can play but definitely needs to adjust to the pace of the espee-el, a few more days of similar temperature and I think he'll up tempo - let's give him a chance, if Csaba rates him highly I think he must have something, no?

With about 5 mins to go, when we were under pressure, we defended a high ball into the box that was headed away by Berra from the centre of the area.

The ball broke to the semi circle and headed straight for Obua and he just stood and ball watched which gave one of their players the chance to nip in and take it off his toes.

Against a decent team, casual lapses in concentration and effort like that would result in goals.

He looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Thought he had one of his best performances so far in a Hearts top, needs to toughen up though and realise the opposition are not going to give you time on the ball.

He nearly cost us the win with his lost in no man's land nonsense. He let their right midfielder right past him, didn't bother tracking back and just stood watching. Shocking.

I try really, really hard not to get on Hearts players backs at the game but I lost the fecking plot at that :o

The People's Chimp
I try really, really hard not to get on Hearts players backs at the game but I lost the fecking plot at that :o

Yeah, me too. I was going nuts, it was utterly ridiculous. If he pulls off any of that nonsense against rangers they'll be taking the pesh out of us next week.

Discuss.

Think you can see he's a good footballer struggling a bit adapting to the SPL but fair's fair he has been injured and only played a few games

Has a lot of ability and when he gets up to speed, will be good for us. He's used to different type of game and will have to tone down his game, and many of his tricks, and make sure there's more 'blood and guts' about his play - shame really ;):cool:

Cleary no where near the pace yet for the SPL , needs to bulk up a bit and build confidence ,both can and will be worked on ,would be better with a few reserve games to do this ,but i think there is a player there looks to make pases and moved about quite well.

Will give him a lot more time a big step up for him moving here.

Agree, he has come from South African football and was recognised as one of the big prospects in Africa so there must be something there but needs to get get used to a completely different culture, style of football and it's also a bit of a step up too so we shouldn't judge him too soon.

My brother mentioned he should be considered as one for next season and start judging him then, until then the majority of his games should be with the reserves until he is performing to a higher standard as I genuinely believe there is a good player in there

Archived