U19's V Celtic at 10:45

Preston Jambo

Malcolm Tucker

Craig Thomson looks a cracking player by the way! From the brief highlights Deland and Wagner looked strong too.

'Mon the Mini JT's.

Charlie-Brown
curious, I could go to that, dont have anything tomorrow afternoon.

For some reason St Mirren play a number of their U19 games on a friday - if you do decide to go jamboinglasgow then enjoy the match and a report on here would be nice :) St Mirren have a decent youth set up so it should be a good game.

jamboinglasgow
For some reason St Mirren play a number of their U19 games on a friday - if you do decide to go jamboinglasgow then enjoy the match and a report on here would be nice :) St Mirren have a decent youth set up so it should be a good game.

yeah, will do. Just need to find it, no idea where the st anthonys jr ground is.

any other kb'ers going?

Charlie-Brown
yeah, will do. Just need to find it, no idea where the st anthonys jr ground is.

any other kb'ers going?

here's the location from St Anthony FC website my friend. :)

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|Fulbar%20Road#t=l&map=55.85592,-4.3433|15|4&loc=GB:55.85592:-4.3433:17|Fulbar%20Road|Fulbar%20Road,%20Glasgow%20City,%20Glasgow,%20Lanarkshire,%20Scotland,%20G51%204

jamboinglasgow

wow I thought it would be in Paisley, thats actully really close to where I was going to get my shopping tomorrow, so could drag my rangers flatmate to it as well. Just got to hope its an ok place to leave a car.

St Mirren play youth games at the ground of a junior team that wear celtic strips....wonders will never cease...:rolleyes:

..and it's right next door to Castle Greyskull.

wow I thought it would be in Paisley, thats actully really close to where I was going to get my shopping tomorrow, so could drag my rangers flatmate to it as well. Just got to hope its an ok place to leave a car.

Try Bridge of Allan. :P

Don't worry some weegie truant will come up and ask to look it after it for you.

Full time 4 - 0

well done lads:)

That's 14 goals in their last 3 games without conceding any. Someone must be doing something right.

Malcolm Tucker

Cowan on 8 for the season now, how old is he?

Novikovikovikovikovas scoring as well, supoib :)

Think Cowan has more than that, he scored in the cup too.

From the offishul syt:

Meanwhile, Hearts U19s crushed their St Mirren counterparts 4-0 this afternoon with 17-year-old Lithuanian hitman Arvydas Novikovas netting for the first time.

Mark Cowan netted twice, and Ben Long grabbed the other as Darren Murray's third placed side won comprehensively in Paisley.

That's 14 goals in their last 3 games without conceding any. Someone must be doing something right.

Surely it can't be our coaching staff if you believe all the dismal jimmies who regularly class them all as absolutely useless on this board !!!!!!!!!!!!1

jamboinglasgow

just back from the game. Managed to drag my rangers supporting flatmate along though only saw the second half (to be honest dont know if I could last longer than a half, the wind was freezing.)

Anyway from what I saw it was a good performance. Cant really comment about the first half except that according to the st mirren fans around me the first goal was offside.

Hearts played some good football and never really looked like they weren't in control despite some early pressure from St Mirren. A few good players playing well and some good goals. Novikovas goal was well taken, a great pass to him which he got past the left back with good pace and then came in with a great strike. Ben longs goal was really good, he got the ball outside the box and with a good turn struck it into the goal. Hearts also hit a great shot which struck the bar and bounced on the line before being missed by Mulrooney.

team was (as far as I know)

Ridgers

Thomson McGowen (D) Balatoni Deland

Novikovas (unsure) Stewart McKenzie

Mulrooney Cowan

Jordan Love came on for Cowan

Ben Long came on for the player I am unsure about

Copil came on for Novikovas

-the back four looked as good as ever

-Ridgers seems more solid in goal then he did last season

-Novikovas looked pacy and good on the wing, impressed me and my friend

-Mckenzie really impressed my mate. Good touches, able to get past players well, though my friend did comment that he almost seem to be a bit cautious with the physical side.

- Copil seemed to do fine when he came on. My friend even thought he was scottish for a second when he was shouting for a ball.

- Jordan Love and Ben Long looked when they came on, Jordan did miss a good chance but still was chasing many balls.

Also there was a Rangers scout there. Dont think they would see anything impressive in St Mirren as none of their players stood out. Also Gus MacPherson was there.

jamboinglasgow
That boy Thomson is something else. ;)

lol, are you related to him:eek::P

yeah unfortunatly the only half I saw was the second when he was the other side from where I was standing and the sun was annoyingly low so made it hard to get a good look at him. Watched Deland more, but when I saw him Craig looked good, the pace and abilty to get up a pitch mixed with good tackling and marking will make him an asset most managers will want.

Charlie-Brown

Was John Woods playing in midfield Jamboinglasgow? He might not have been as he appeared to take a sore one at the end of the Celtic game last week.

jamboinglasgow
Was John Woods playing in midfield Jamboinglasgow? He might not have been as he appeared to take a sore one at the end of the Celtic game last week.

I think it could of been, wasn't 100% sure so I didn't put him down. I only really saw the back of him walking off to get replaced by Long. He walked all the way off from one side to another, much to the annoyance of the st mirren team and the ref.

Wood was not playing today, I was talking to a scout who mentioned he may be out for the season due to a ligament injury.

Charlie-Brown
I think it could of been, wasn't 100% sure so I didn't put him down. I only really saw the back of him walking off to get replaced by Long. He walked all the way off from one side to another, much to the annoyance of the st mirren team and the ref.

Woods is a wee guy with brown spiky hair and quite stocky & solid, great attitude, likes to get stuck in but good skills as well.

Charlie-Brown
Wood was not playing today, I was talking to a scout who mentioned he may be out for the season due to a ligament injury.

He was carried off last week so that would make sense, sad news for the kid if true as he's been doing really well this year.

jamboinglasgow
He was carried off last week so that would make sense, sad news for the kid if true as he's been doing really well this year.

yeah always sad for a youngster or any footballer to get an injury that puts them out for the season.

The guy who played as no. 8 did have black hair and was quite tall and very well built.

jamboinglasgow
Black hair, tall, well built...? Add fake tan and that's Elias Wagner no?

could well be, just found it odd that he was center mid, as I only ever seen him at right.

jamboinglasgow
They have pictures on the u19 bit on the website, sounds like Ben Long possibly

it wasn't ben long, he came on for this player and scored a beauty of a goal.

Whats happened to David Love or is he still playing for the U17's?

He's too old for 17's now. He just doesn't seem to be getting a game at the mo with the 19's - which is the situ with a few of them I think as the coach seems to be playing the same (winning) team.

Did Love not score an absolute bucketload for the u17's last season? surprised he hasnt had at least a few sub appearences

Also is the lithuanian not a striker?

Archived