Your favourite "forgotten" moment???

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

We all remember Foster at eater road,Ferguson v Bayern munich,Hartley's hat-trick and all of Robbo's goals v Wimbledon.

Do you have a favourite goal/game/save that sticks in your head but you've never heard about it in the same way as those listed above?

One of my favourite goals was v Aberdeen at Tynecastle around late 80`s early 90`s, Big Slim 30 yard freekick against Theo snelders, im sure robbo and Gary mackay were involved before rolling it across the park for Mcpherson to leather home!!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thig Ar Latha

My first Hearts v Hibs match in 1968. 3-1 to Hearts and life was great. I think it was about 6 years before we beat them again in the league.

John Robertson stopping mid-counter attack at Parkhead to lamp Tommy Burns accross the jaw (and getting away with it).

Henry Smiths penalty save @ Easter Rd, after reading about where the player would put the ball in the match programme.

Mid-seventies, the looks on latecomers faces when asking "what's the score?" and it was 2-2 against Aberdeen after 7 minutes, also the final score.

Hearts scored in the 4th and 5th minutes, Aberdeen in the 6th and 7th.

Beating Celtic almost exactly 10 years ago during the awful 98/99 season.

Adam (with a great diving header) and another in the 2nd half.

Buffalo Bill

Getting in late to Pittodrie. Just as Aberdeen had scored what I thought was the 1st goal, it was their second. They scored a 3rd after another 7 minutes. They dicked us 6-0 that day:sad:

Beating Celtic almost exactly 10 years ago during the awful 98/99 season.

Scorers were Adam (with a great diving header) and Fulton.

Buffalo Bill

Vincent Guerin was top class that night BB, sadly though that was the night when it was first revealed that Neil McCann was left out of the team due to 'transfer speculation', with his move to the huns becoming reality a few days later.

My favourite 'forgotten' moment? Pasquale Bruno literally booting Alan McManus up the erse for making a mistake which almost led to a goal in a home match against Aberdeen back in 1995/96.:P

Beating Motherwell 4-0 in Jan 1996.

All of Hearts' little guys were immense that night.

Buffalo Bill

My favourite 'forgotten' moment? Pasquale Bruno literally booting Alan McManus up the erse for making a mistake which almost led to a goal in a home match against Aberdeen back in 1995/96.:P

McManus got subbed in the first half as well. We lost 3-1.

Re the Celtic game I mentioned, you're bang on re Vincent, but I also remember Grant Murray doing a great marking job on Sid Donnely.

Buffalo Bill

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

When Andy Webster was getting stretchered off and the ball smacked him in the coupon from a great height.

Magic.

A couple from me from the distant past -

A Scottish cup tie in 1969 against Dundee at Dens Park where we were expected to get rolled over by Dundee. George Fleming and Tommy Traynor scored in a 2-1 win and if I remember correctly Jocky Scott scored from Dundee. The hail of missiles exchanged in the cowshed that day was something else!!

Anther one from the dim and distant past - watching Hearts beat St Johnstone at Muirton Park - 3-0 - it should have been about 8-0 by the chances we missed on that freezing cold afternoon. We played some great football and Johnny Hamilton scored an absloute peach of a goal. I remember thinking that "this was going to be our season". Wrong again!!

We_are_the_Hearts

A couple from the 80s:

22 Sep 1984 - Hearts 0 Dundee 2 - Me winning the JuniorJambo Penalty kick Final at HT.

9 May 1987 Hearts 1 Celtic 0 - Me again winning the JuniorJambo Penalty kick Final at HT. Ironically Robbo scored the winner from the spot:p

Winston Ingram

Couple of late, late shows at Aberdeen a few years ago.. honorable mentions for Stephane Mahe and Darren Jackson (complete with 'top corner' celebration!)...

Going up there for a midweek league cup tie in arctic conditions as well... remember Boyack (who was never quick anyway) almost being blown backwards! Was like football on the moon. Wales scored only goal IIRC.

I think 'the bag' has become forgotten. Used to hover around the Tynie centre circle for the last half hour of games.. stuck in a few tackles!

One of my favourite goals was v Aberdeen at Tynecastle around late 80`s early 90`s, Big Slim 30 yard freekick against Theo snelders, im sure robbo and Gary mackay were involved before rolling it across the park for Mcpherson to leather home!!!!

This sounds something like my fav, was it a midweek game on a rather lovely evening??? I always thought that it was leighton in goals and he was still diving as the ball came back out of the net!!!!!

Vincent Guerin was top class that night BB, sadly though that was the night when it was first revealed that Neil McCann was left out of the team due to 'transfer speculation', with his move to the huns becoming reality a few days later.

Imagine if that happened now, Kickback would be in overdrive.

This sounds something like my fav, was it a midweek game on a rather lovely evening??? I always thought that it was leighton in goals and he was still diving as the ball came back out of the net!!!!!

Bandy left in '87;)

Charlie-Brown

Drew Busby 2 goals from 25 yards against Peter Latchford & Celtic in a great 2-0 win in 1978-79 season. They might be on youtube somewhere? :)

Hagar the Horrible
John Robertson stopping mid-counter attack at Parkhead to lamp Tommy Burns accross the jaw (and getting away with it).

From memory I dont think he even got booked, And wee Robbo was already walking towards the tunnel and then err.....nout?

How about O'Connor and McQuades doubles against Hibs and Aberdeen and i thing the week after - Partick? 1978

We_are_the_Hearts
Mine was a midweek game at Tynie when Hearts beat Dundee 6-3 in November 89. Don't know why but I just loved that game.

It was a Saturday. Only reason I remember as my old man bidded for a hospitality package on Forth FM and won!

Season 97-98 when we went upi to Aberdeen and won 4-1.

One nil down and thinking, "ach well the run was good while it lasted", then it was 1-1 at HT but a Flogel brace led to a famous win.

Also the "Custard Tarts" game midweek at Dens when a Mo Johnston brace (I think) eased relegation concerns....

Mine was a midweek game at Tynie when Hearts beat Dundee 6-3 in November 89. Don't know why but I just loved that game.

9 goals and a hearts win seems the likely reason

Imagine if that happened now, Kickback would be in overdrive.

Luckily we don't have anybody good enough to sell to the Old Firm now then eh.

Somebody talking above about late shows at Pittodrie. I seem to remember being in the car with my dad listening to a game on the radio against the sheep. 1-0 down till late on then we scored two late goals to win. JC with the winner IIRC.

Remember watching the highlights and we had the white away strip with maroon pin stripes on, 95/96?

1. The arrival of Giles Rousset. Think it was maybe his second game for Hearts away to Motherwell in the league (was live on Sky Sports) and Paul Lambert hit a shot from three yards out and the Big Frenchman made an anbelievable save (and held it). Amazing. He got Man of the Match that night. Birth of a fan favorite, certainly for me.

2. Henry Smith's last game for Hearts (I think) away to Dundee in the League cup. He had cost us a goal from a sliced pass-back, but we'd managed to scrape a draw (3-3 after Extra Time I'm sure) and Big Henry missed the deciding spot kick. Not only did he miss it, he decided to be smart and not take a run up. hahaha.... Big Henry. Some Boy.

3. That game at Ibrox when we had four men sent off. Pointon (for kicking the post in anger was it not?), Bruno (just typical Bruno), young Paul Ritchie, and Davie Weir. Friggin mental game.

1. The arrival of Giles Rousset. Think it was maybe his second game for Hearts away to Motherwell in the league (was live on Sky Sports) and Paul Lambert hit a shot from three yards out and the Big Frenchman made an anbelievable save (and held it). Amazing. He got Man of the Match that night. Birth of a fan favorite, certainly for me.

2. Henry Smith's last game for Hearts (I think) away to Dundee in the League cup. He had cost us a goal from a sliced pass-back, but we'd managed to scrape a draw (3-3 after Extra Time I'm sure) and Big Henry missed the deciding spot kick. Not only did he miss it, he decided to be smart and not take a run up. hahaha.... Big Henry. Some Boy.

Was going to mention Henrys penalty kick also. It was a 4-4 draw!

Idiot tried to place in the Top C as if he was Del Piero.

It was a Saturday. Only reason I remember as my old man bidded for a hospitality package on Forth FM and won!

You are indeed correct. Why I thought it was a midweek game is anyone's guess!

Remember it well. Was that not the game where Adam dinked it in at the near post? Quality. Guerin was unstoppable that night.

Generic Username

It's more recent but I can't remember the last time it was spoken of.

Skacel scoring against Hibs then standing infront of their support and telling them to get out.

Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Bruno Aguiar's masterclass in a 4-0 win against Dundee Utd, Nov 2006.

Buffalo Bill

Does anyone remember Colin Cameron's goal against Dundee on the last day of 00/01?

What a goal form the wee man!

Buffalo Bill

Malcolm Tucker
It's more recent but I can't remember the last time it was spoken of.

Skacel scoring against Hibs then standing infront of their support and telling them to get out.

Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Maybury cropping Neil Lennon and being sent off to a standing ovation was rather funny.

:)

Love both of those memories :)

1995. Duncan Shearer celebrating a goal at the school end and being spat on by someone in the crowd. He did that **** celebration and it was pretty funny, if a little mingin.

Alan Gordon's headed goal from a Johny Hamilton cross against Rangers back in the late 60's. Any one of 3 Hearts forwards would have scored as the Rangers defence stood and watched !

Also Craig Gordons miracle save at the end of the Motherwell game at Tynie under Burley. :)

Great shout that one - fabulous strike from the big man. Pretty certain it was Leighton between the sticks just before he left for Man U. Also remember Robbo scoring the equaliser that night with a great spin and shot from just outside the six yard area.

Quite a few of the 'forgotten' goals mentioned here tend to be against the Sheep - here's another one - a late Robbo volley from the edge of the area at Tynie (also 86/87 I think) after coming off the bench - we'd been one down for 80-odd minutes before JC levelled late, then this Robbo goal brought the house down. 20K+ at home to Aberdeen in those days too....

Oh . and 6 - 5 against Dundee Utd in the Cup at Tannadice in the late 60's anyone ? The day Rene Moller arrived on the scene.

The live game on BBC was Dundee v Rangers which turned out a 0 - 0 draw !

Luckily we don't have anybody good enough to sell to the Old Firm now then eh.

Somebody talking above about late shows at Pittodrie. I seem to remember being in the car with my dad listening to a game on the radio against the sheep. 1-0 down till late on then we scored two late goals to win. JC with the winner IIRC.

Remember watching the highlights and we had the white away strip with maroon pin stripes on, 95/96?

16th December 1995, same day I saw the Stone Roses in Whitley Bay!

Guest Prentice

Tannadice in the 91/92 season.

We'd beaten Celtic 3-1 on the Saturday, won at Aberdeen midweek and then we must have taken over around 7,000 up to Tannadice on the Saturday and we won 1-0. Henry had an amazing save and it was one of those 'can we win the league' moments for me.

What a great week that was

Hearts vs Stuttgart we lost but it was an incredible atmosphere that night. Will never forgive Petric for that miss though.

We'd beaten Celtic 3-1 on the Saturday, won at Aberdeen midweek and then we must have taken over around 7,000 up to Tannadice on the Saturday and we won 1-0. Henry had an amazing save and it was one of those 'can we win the league' moments for me.

Yep - great memory also. Henry's save from John Clark's free-kick at the Shed End? Fantastic. Great atmosphere at Tannadice in those days - those ultra-steep terraces were much better than the stands they've got there now.

We all remember Foster at eater road,Ferguson v Bayern munich,Hartley's hat-trick and all of Robbo's goals v Wimbledon.

Do you have a favourite goal/game/save that sticks in your head but you've never heard about it in the same way as those listed above?

Don't know I've forgotten:)

I remember it well; Hearts playing in an all white away kit (the way it should be).

Great season from Aug - Jan, that.

Buffalo Bill

Archived