What's the biggest act of cheating you've seen?

robbogoal

john brownlee
Mikos dive against scotland was pretty blatant cheating :)

Janny loved a dive too

prove it never a dive

Hobos cant dive it will bring them to close to water

Andy Davis, no question. A cheating low-life.

Followed by this: http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/20030518.html

Will never forget it. We were playing quite well, the score was 0-0, until the ref decided he wanted the opposition to win and started to give them everything. They were getting decisions for the most ridiculous reasons. Never have I seen a more blatant example of a ref helping a team win. He'd have been as well knocking the ball into the net himself. It was astonishing. How do they get away with it? It's pathetic. Look who the ref and the opposition were.

Funny that.

I'm still twitchy about the Scottish Cup semi-final in 1988.

Convinced that there was fouls on Super Henry for McGhee's injury-time goals

Jimmy McNulty
Davie Provo n Scottish Cup Tie 1983 (didn't witness it but have asked Bud twice since then and he maintains his innocence both verbally and in writing)

I was right in front of the incident, sitting in the lower part of the stand with my dad (I was just a nipper). He WAS innocent, and it was after that match, that I realized that games in Glasgow were refereed differently.

How about Mike "Shagga" McCurry.

A few years back we had folk round and were playing Trivial Pursuit, I nipped to the bog and on my way down the stairs I caught the Mrs reading the answers off the next card ... I found that pretty serious ...

Players I can understand* cheating. The game is their livelyhood and a sly cheat here and there can really help their team and career.

Officials though are a different story.

Andy Davis is a huge one for me, extremely blatent cheating. Made worse by the fact the SFA gave him the line at the cup final that year.

It just proved how corrupt our game is.

Willie Young with the Tugay hand ball and McCurry with Ferguson's hand ball are disgusting acts of cheating.

*understand, I don't agree with it.

Comical indeed!

The other thing that is funny about that is watching the Villa player doing a somersault about 5 times as it gets replayed so often. Watch him in the background. Haha

Slaven Bilic :mad:

Caused Laurent Blanc to miss his one shot at the WC final

He missed the World Cup final in 1998 after being sent off in the semi-final against Croatia for elbowing Slaven Bilić, although replays showed that Bilić had clearly feigned the injury. The Croatian was heavily criticised afterwards.

Id have thrown his boots away and even banned him from a kick around in the local public park for that disgrace :mad:

I seem to recall Stevie Kirk of Motherwell being a bit naughty and conning a penalty out of Dave McPherson at Tynecastle. Did he not slap his own thigh and then tumble over as if he'd been scythed down? Pretty sure that this incident led to years of real animosity between the Hearts and Motherwell players. Anyone confirm?

Albert Kidd playing for Falkirk against Hearts. Got Robbo sent off after pretending he had been headbutted by him.

MonkeyHeidHater
he didn't cheat though Kyraigos did. He fell down under very little pressure from Lee Miller

Haha - no danger..... Davis 100%

I seem to recall Stevie Kirk of Motherwell being a bit naughty and conning a penalty out of Dave McPherson at Tynecastle. Did he not slap his own thigh and then tumble over as if he'd been scythed down? Pretty sure that this incident led to years of real animosity between the Hearts and Motherwell players. Anyone confirm?

Not sure about that, but I do remember Kirk skelping the ball into the Wheatfield a yard from the touchline, hurting a young girl. All because he was getting a bit abuse from the Hearts fans. Father of said daughter had to be restrained after running down the steps to get on the pitch.

The kebab munchers penalty and the whole Davis-gate affair without a doubt.

Blatant cheating.

Still makes my blood boil.

lost in leith

I remember a derby at ER in 2001. Zitelli won a pen in the last minute with a laughable dive. Al Murray stepped up to take it. He was up against Niemi. He went for a fancy dink down the middle and chipped the ball over the bar - justice :P

Our very own Micky Pospisil. Blatant dive in Scottish Cup semi vs Brazil to win us a penalty just at a time when the game was starting to run away from us. Ensured that we didin't have to endure a nerve jangling last few minutes as we were under the cosh trying to stop their total football!!

:107years:

Not sure about that, but I do remember Kirk skelping the ball into the Wheatfield a yard from the touchline, hurting a young girl. All because he was getting a bit abuse from the Hearts fans. Father of said daughter had to be restrained after running down the steps to get on the pitch.

I thought I'd read about the dubious penalty in the wonderfully entitled 'A Tale of Two Cities', but I don't have a copy to hand. Kirk really did become the archetypal pantomime villain after the incident to which you refer.

As someone who has followed Hearts for just over fifty years I would say I have seen all the ones mentioned and some, but all of these could have been seen by a neutral as a bad decision and might say we have had the occasional decision in our favour. However if I live to be 1874 I will never be convinced that Davis did not CHEAT. Not get the decision wrong but CHEAT. that must be the worst decision ever and I sincerely hope that big shot Dallas squirms when he sees how he was conned by that pig Davies

Gav Aitchison

Who was the Rangers player who handled the ball for Wallace to score when they beat us 2-1 at Tynie in April 2000? We'd gone ahead through McSwegan then right on halftime one of their players went up for a cross and palmed it down to Wallace. Whole ground stopped assuming a free-kick had been given, then Willie Young gave the goal.

Martin O'Neill claiming that Andy Webster had elbowed himself in the face takes some beating too.

Who was the Rangers player who handled the ball for Wallace to score when they beat us 2-1 at Tynie in April 2000? We'd gone ahead through McSwegan then right on halftime one of their players went up for a cross and palmed it down to Wallace. Whole ground stopped assuming a free-kick had been given, then Willie Young gave the goal.

Martin O'Neill claiming that Andy Webster had elbowed himself in the face takes some beating too.

Tugay. *****. :mad: Been searching for that incident online, but can't find it; ditto Klos' awesome save from McSwegan the same night.

he didn't cheat though Kyraigos did. He fell down under very little pressure from Lee Miller

Kyriagos didnt really claim for a penalty, andy (writing his name makes me feckin angry) davis invented the penalty.

:ahhhhhhh:

So davis is a cheating fecker, but he would have been popular at the lodge that night.

the ref who didnt send boruc off against st midden today!!!

you could keep this thread open all season and easily get another 100-200 acts of cheating.

The whole Andy Davis incident, definitely. It is the angriest I have ever been in a football stadium, I remember booting a door on the way out (hurt). It was one of the first games I ever took my little brother too as well. Swines.

Archived