What's the biggest act of cheating you've seen?

robbogoal

With Diego in Scotland, and the Hand of God being talked about, what is the worst case of cheating you can remember? (Great goal though)

I dont man like when Larsson or Petrov used to dive everywhere, I mean like when ahem, Robbo punched the ball into the net to beat Motherwell years ago (he apologiesed the next day in the papers so thats ok)

Viewpoints...

Guest Fabuloso
With Diego in Scotland, and the Hand of God being talked about, what is the worst case of cheating you can remember? (Great goal though)

I dont man like when Larsson or Petrov used to dive everywhere, I mean like when ahem, Robbo punched the ball into the net to beat Motherwell years ago (he apologiesed the next day in the papers so thats ok)

Viewpoints...

Andy Davis.

Chris Sutton diving to win a penalty.

He went down like Jane Torvill at the end of Bolero.

Buffalo Bill

kirk clubfoot falling over like he'd suffered total paralysis when he was so far away from a hearts player that they couldn't have spat on the cheating bassa.

That's the winner no contest,what a tool.

Rivaldo

rivaldo_worldcup2002_acting.jpg

Fifa fined him ?5,000

Thats like ?5 to him. Disgrace and ruined my memories of him.

Andy Davis making sure that Rangers got that infamous penalty must rank as one of the very worst.

Took the words right out my mouth.

Thig Ar Latha
Fifa fined him ?5,000

Thats like ?5 to him. Disgrace and ruined my memories of him.

Think he had a 2-3 game ban as well. He only played 1 or 2 more games in that tournament.

Bomber Harris

Davie Provo n Scottish Cup Tie 1983 (didn't witness it but have asked Bud twice since then and he maintains his innocence both verbally and in writing)

Andreas Thom v Gilles Rousset '96 ish

Mark Mcghee v Dave Mcpherson Scottish Cup Tie 1989

Fe k it, near enough every game against the Manky Mob !:mad:

Steven Taylor of Newcastle used to use his arm to block the ball then held his stomach with a look of agony on his face to fool the ref into thinking it did hit him in the stomach!

Cheating but very comical

No-one's mentioned Joe Jordan at Anfield. Very little difference between that and Maradonna. His reaction said it all. I was there and was delighted but if it had been against us..........

Steven Taylor of Newcastle used to use his arm to block the ball then held his stomach with a look of agony on his face to fool the ref into thinking it did hit him in the stomach!

Comical indeed!

Not one incident but a whole game for me.

West Germany v Austria,1982 World Cup.A 1-0 victory meant both teams progressed at the expense of Algeria.I don't think i've ever watched a more blatent example of two teams not wanting to play football.

Some might argue that it wasn't cheating as it suited both teams but it had to be seen to be believed.

The Final had a few Algerians cheering no doubt!

When we were beat celtic 3-1 at tyne.

Just before celtic went up the other end and scored the goal which got them back in the game, bednar was ruled offside when was clearly atleast 2 yards on!

Ooooh but that doesnt worry as we won, no corruption... pffffffffffffffffffft!

West Germany v Austria,1982 World Cup.A 1-0 victory meant both teams progressed at the expense of Algeria.I don't think i've ever watched a more blatent example of two teams not wanting to play football.

Some might argue that it wasn't cheating as it suited both teams but it had to be seen to be believed.

Excellent call Sir.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LZR1s5O2SLY

Those loveable Germans also brought us this only three matches later:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=coSfMSUSVPI&feature=related

The Dutch referee gave absolutely nothing. Battiston remained unconscious on the pitch for five minutes because the idiotic Spanish authorities had banned the St John's Ambulance from the touchline. France were forced to make one of their only two permitted substitutions, gutting their brilliant midfield in the process, went 3-1 up in extra time - only to, exhausted, be hauled back to 3-3. And Schumacher remained on the pitch to cheat throughout the shoot-out which followed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Given all this, the watching world audience were extremely relieved when Italy - even an Italy featuring Claudio Gentile - pumped West Germany in the final.

Andy Davis.

Very closely followed by Hugh Dallas, for services to Rangers Football Club, too numerous to mention, throughout his long "career".

A Derek Whyte of the highest ordure.

Andy Davis. By a (country) mile.:mad:

Players are allowed to be cute/cheat whatever to gain a professional advantage. It's up to the refs to be able to differentiate between a real offence and a 'con'.

Kyrigious (sp?) was entitled to throw himself. In fact, it was a such a laughable attempt, it was ignored by all. Well nearly.

However great a player 'cheats', it can never be compared to even the most minor deliberate alleviation from fair play by an official.

I P Knightley

Does getting a hoisty over the turnstiles at Tynie count?

I mean, it's cheating the club out of potential revenue with which they might have avoided becoming mired in the doo-doo they're in at the mo.

Davie Provo n Scottish Cup Tie 1983 (didn't witness it but have asked Bud twice since then and he maintains his innocence both verbally and in writing)

Amen!

Every single game a referee in this country had taken when hearts or any other team have played the OF.

OFGTF

We got a rub of the green in the 1998 cup final, if you are honest enough to admit it.

PresidentRomanov

Miko the dirty Lith, blatantly and unashamedly, cheating those brave, honest Scottish heroes.

Jam Tarts 1874

I was there, Provan is a dirty cheating piece of garbage. Provan pontificates during his TV football summaries, but has never appologised for what he did to Willie Johnston. Provan is the lowest of the low.

There was a little dispute over which way a throw-in should go. Bud had the ball in his hands, but the throw was given to Celtic. Provan was on the touchline demanding the ball, Bud simply tapped Provan on the forehead with the ball in a joking manner, Provan went down holding his face as if he had been banjoyed, this forum does not allow the use of words appropriate to describe Provan.

Not cheating. Mere pragmatism.

Oh the hibees are gay

Pressley getting flying kicked in the face years ago i think from a Killie player? And the player only getting a yellow.

Dida sticks in mind with that flare getting thrown past him aswell.

Nelly Terraces

Good suggestions so far, but surely the biggest act of cheating in football, has to be Borat cheating on his Missus with some tart in Poland.:rolleyes:

--->

SNA1901A-682_655089a.jpg

Nelly Terraces
Mikos dive against scotland was pretty blatant cheating :)

Janny loved a dive too

Jog on :hobofish: - he was clearly fouled. ;)

Good suggestions so far, but surely the biggest act of cheating in football, has to be Borat cheating on his Missus with some tart in Poland.:rolleyes:

--->

SNA1901A-682_655089a.jpg

Boruc doesn't know thats a guy.

He did the same thing again recently....got a roasting on MOTD 2.

Archived