best oppo. fans at Tynie?

smartgair

Anyone remember when we walloped Hamilton at Tynecastle?I think the score was 7-0.The Hamilton fans applauded the Hearts team from the pitch at the end!Great memory!

Anyone remember when we walloped Hamilton at Tynecastle?I think the score was 7-0.The Hamilton fans applauded the Hearts team from the pitch at the end!Great memory!

Celtic, best fans in the world by a country mile ;)

Well, Hibs did similar last season, some of their fans choosing to stick around and celebrate with us after our 2-0 victory. Really good sportsmanship.

Well, Hibs did similar last season, some of their fans choosing to stick around and celebrate with us after our 2-0 victory. Really good sportsmanship.

They were also really sporting at the SC semi final leaving 15minutes before the end so that the M8 wasn't congested on the way home.

The Bordeau, Schalke and Stuttgart fans were all very friendly during and after the game irrespective of results, some sang we love you Jambos and the Stuttgart fans even had a we love you Jambos banner

Was that the game that Sandy Jardine passed a free-kick into the top corner-----

Millions of years ago I remember Morton fans being sporting and gracious. I thought QoS fans too were a good crowd. I hope one gets to our League soon.

Was that the game that Sandy Jardine passed a free-kick into the top corner-----

Perhaps or perhaps it was the 6-3 game v Dundee?

Lambo the Jambo

Definately Aberdeen due to the amount of fans they bring down and the vocal nature in which they back the team despite them being utter garbage!

Inverness Caley (as was) brought a good 500 or more down to a midweek Scottish Cup tie in the 1980s (I think the game was postponed because of snow on the saturday). Although we gubbed them 6-0 they sang throughout. Not bad for a HL club ...

(NB - god love London Hearts - 30 Jan 1985, 6-0 (Roddy Macdonald ;Gary Mackay 4;John Robertson), att. 7075)

Romanov Stole My Pension

No way is it Aberdeen. They do bring a decent amount of fans considering how crap their home attendances are, but for the number of them, theyre not that loud and sing the same 2 songs over and over.

Hibernian definately top, then Celtic, I'm not sure after that though.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I remember a few years back we beat Dunfermline about 7-1 at Tynie. We were chanting "We want 8, we want 8", and they responded with "We want 2, we want 2!"

Got a wee laugh and round of applause from us Jambos.

I liked the Newcastle fans at the Texaco Cup game in 1971. We shared the shed with them and took turns singing each others' songs. The crowd was around 17,000 from memory, so good atmosphere and we won 1-0 (Andy Lynch goal).

The Bordeau, Schalke and Stuttgart fans were all very friendly during and after the game irrespective of results, some sang we love you Jambos and the Stuttgart fans even had a we love you Jambos banner

I remember being in the Sample Room before the Stuttgart game, there were quite a few Stuttgart fans in there being led astray by some Jambos. One guy put down his pint and shouted at the top of his voice 'I f'n HATE hibees'. he said with lots of passion as well. Some of friends were found puking in the toilets after drinking IPA and the likes.

I thought they were good away fans, but in general, atmosphere wise then I guess hibs are the best - they are the easiest to wind up.

Kicking the flying duck out of the sheep support in the Gorgie Road end in 1985 was good. I'd vote for that.:P

Agreed.

True story about my mate. His family are all Celtic fans and on the second last Saturday of the 85/86 season his uncle was taking him through to Darkhead for the 'Tic game. At the Harthill services they bumped into a bus load of Clydebank fans including one dressed as a giant red and white rabbit on their way to Tynie. My mates uncle said 'Thats what footballs all about you should support your local team' and turned the car round anfd took my mate to Tynecastle and hes been a Jambo ever since.

I always liked the attitude of clubs like Hamilton, Clydebank, Dumbarton etc when they were in the Premier League. They could easily support the bigot brothers but followed their local team and always seemed determined to enjoy doing so.

We hammered Falkirk 5-0 (I seem to remember) on Boxing Day(ish) in Rix's era. They had a pretty good support who mainly stayed to the bitter end. Credit for that.

We hammered Falkirk 5-0 (I seem to remember) on Boxing Day(ish) in Rix's era. They had a pretty good support who mainly stayed to the bitter end. Credit for that.

I remember that. I think it was 4-0

Falkirk sometimes bring about 2,000 to tynecastle aswell. Makes you wonder if they have that many fans :rolleyes:

Horatio Caine
I remember that. I think it was 4-0

Falkirk sometimes bring about 2,000 to tynecastle aswell. Makes you wonder if they have that many fans :rolleyes:

I think it was 5-0 - and IIRC it was Clum who scored the 5th goal. (it was a beauty BTW).

Yes.

It was 6-0 at half time!

I'm sure it was Sandy Jardine's only goal for Hearts. Sorry to be a pedant but it was 5-0 at half-time!

I always thought Partick Thistle fans were very vocal with a good song range. The Pars also have a bunch of very vocal young laddies that pretty much sing and bounce away all game long. The good thing about this kind of club is that their fans have no political or religious agenda, they just want to support their local clubs and have a good time.

i would say it was the fans of the 2006/1998 cup winning teams at robbies testimonial.....the other oppo fans can GTF as far as i'm concerned.

Malcolm Tucker
I think it was 5-0 - and IIRC it was Clum who scored the 5th goal. (it was a beauty BTW).

Aye, Clum scored a double that day, Skacel scored a rasper as well.

Good memories.

No way is it Aberdeen. They do bring a decent amount of fans considering how crap their home attendances are, but for the number of them, theyre not that loud and sing the same 2 songs over and over.

er, the majority of fans that Aberdeen "bring down" to away games are the same ones who don't go to Pittodrie precisely because thy live in the central belt and not Aberdeen!

Having said that I still reckon aberdeen attract a good number to Tynecastle whether they are good or rubbish, so it has to be them IMO.

I'm sure it was Sandy Jardine's only goal for Hearts. Sorry to be a pedant but it was 5-0 at half-time!

I always thought Partick Thistle fans were very vocal with a good song range. The Pars also have a bunch of very vocal young laddies that pretty much sing and bounce away all game long. The good thing about this kind of club is that their fans have no political or religious agenda, they just want to support their local clubs and have a good time.

always liked them for that reason and also for coming when they always got beat.

there record at tynie has to be amongst the worst of any club(in my lifetime anyway ),and when they went down they took some "banked" points with them unfortunately

I like the way Partick Thistle Supporters manage to rise above Glasgow's sectarian divide and combine Obscene abuse of both Her Majesty the Queen and His Holiness the Pope in one song.

Captain Lithuania
Definately Aberdeen due to the amount of fans they bring down and the vocal nature in which they back the team despite them being utter garbage!

Clearly weren't at the game a few weeks ago where they lobbed toilet roll or something on to the pitch..

this_is_my_story

Totally agree, especially after having witnessed the Hibs fans disrespecting a minute's applause for the passing of a man who saved their club.

Celtic too. Yeah, they have some cracking football related songs, which they choose to sing far more often than their comparatively small throng of 'rebel' chants.

Unbelievable.

i was fondly thinking about this game. one of the 1st i can remember as a kid. we went to love street and thumped the saints 7-0. i think it was 7 or maybe 6. JC got a couple and robbo was on the score sheet. had it on vhs for years but lost it. can anyone confirm the date and correct score and scorers

regards

Romanov Stole My Pension
Totally agree, especially after having witnessed the Hibs fans disrespecting a minute's applause for the passing of a man who saved their club.

Celtic too. Yeah, they have some cracking football related songs, which they choose to sing far more often than their comparatively small throng of 'rebel' chants.

Unbelievable.

When it comes to creating atmosphere, whose are definately the best. They may be **** but they definately make the most noise and give their team support.

The Stuttgart fans went to the effort of making a 'hello jambos' banner if I remember rightly. I also remember a Real Mallorca fan having a huge hand thing and bouncing about with it.

Remember the 5 Red Star fans bouncing about on top of the pie stand in the main stand. The game was beamed back in Serbia and it turned out these guys were on the run from the police and got busted!

i was fondly thinking about this game. one of the 1st i can remember as a kid. we went to love street and thumped the saints 7-0. i think it was 7 or maybe 6. JC got a couple and robbo was on the score sheet. had it on vhs for years but lost it. can anyone confirm the date and correct score and scorers

regards

Was very windy that day, Gary Mackay nearly scored after a few seconds as he tried to lob the goalie from the kick off. Effort went a meter or so wide.

Really RSMP? I think the Hobos are sheeite at making an atmosphere, i really do. You only hear them at the start as you`d expect and they only continue singing if they are leading. Even then it`s not that often.

For years i`ve thought the Hobos aren`t that great at making an atmosphere. At ER we often out-sing them. A few weeks ago they took an early lead and you hardly heard them again.

Hearts kept singing even when behind. If it wasn`t for us derby atmospheres would be keech.

The Old Tolbooth

I used to like the Dunfermline support that they brought through in the 80's, sometimes as many as 4-5000 would come through, and they were very vocal.

Sadly they barely muster that for home games these days.

I used to like the Dunfermline support that they brought through in the 80's, sometimes as many as 4-5000 would come through, and they were very vocal.

Sadly they barely muster that for home games these days.

Not that i like them, but it is sad. I remember going to the old East End park in the 80`s and there`d be 12, 13 thousand for a game with half being us Jam Tarts.

Would much prefer to see clubs like them and Killie get their support back instead of the locals following you know who.

meridian jambo

The one and only time I would say anything good about OF fans were the Rangers supporters at the 98 cup final, I did see some actually clapping us at the end.

Slavia Prague fans when we played them in the UEFA cup... the only away fans to appreciate the Hearts Song ever!

Remember them swaying like they were at a concert when Hector Nicol was blasting oot the tannoy. :)

I honestly can't remember an opposition support being all that great at Tynecastle.

sheep try but too hard, the whole Ultra thing is so cheesy.

The Mini-mhanks are pathetic and only sing when they take the lead.

The Rangers away support is woeful at times.

Ra Sellick make some noise but it's terrorist pish.

Every one else only bring 32 fans to Tynecastle so they don't count.

The Airdrie fans earlier this season were fantastic. Good songs, impressive flags and kept singing all game. I liked them, and wish their team all the best. It was good to see them win the Challenge Cup at the weekend.

lost in leith

Thought the 200 or so Zeljenzicar fans were terrific. Not sure if anyone is still in touch with Mirza?

Generally smaller teams will make a noise visiting bigger teams, because it's a good day out at a venue they don't normally go to. Not really that different to us in places like Paris, Munich, Bordeaux, Rotterdam etc :)

Agree that Partick fans are usually good value. Some decent weegie banter without the sectarian/terrorist crap that comes with their idiot neighbours.

Archived