Credit (Suisse) where it is due

Jammy T

I've never said otherwise.

Excellent but you could have said so at post #18 instead of taking the discussion off at a negative tangent.

Just surmising based on info available. Bes said at start of the year he was on a good contract and was happy just to see it out. Both are coming towards the end of their deal.

I don't doubt Bes said that but things change as you well know with your ST.

If you're suggesting both have agreed to give up large payments out of the goodness of their heart, then it's possible but highly unlikely IMO.

I'm not suggesting that's what happened but merely suggesting a POSSIBLE alternative to your assumption. In fact neither could be right so why bother speculating negatively to enhance your own beliefs about the club etc. We simply don't know.

Do you actually know the salaries of any of those players, or the players who've left sine 31/07/07, or are you just surmising? :P;)

I may do but am not at liberty to disclose that. The point I was making is that I don't think YOU do..

It doesn't, thats my point.

Money available, plus ability of management and coaching staff to sign good players, train existing players, bring through youth etc etc etc, translates into what is acheive on the field.

My point being, if you put in less money, and acheive more, it points towards better management/coaching/scouting etc etc.

Conversly, if you spend a lot, and don't achieve as much as others spending less, it points towards poor management/coaching/scouting etc etc.

I agree that's what one would expect but it doesn't necessarily follow. Injuries to key players can upset the rhythm and balance of any team and in our case perhaps delay the plans of a new manager eg it MAY be that Tullberg, Mrowiecz and Novikovas are key to his plans and they have been long term injuries and look at the difference Bruno has made. Also my guess is that if Man U lost one key player (Ronaldo), they'd struggle to be in the top 4 unless it happened close to a transfer window. We must also look at the size of the staff to whom we pay wages and ours include many more youths than most clubs so your idea of whether money has been well spent , based simply on a few results, cannot be determined until a future dateB]

You just couldn't resist another dig could you? :P

Well it wasn't positive so I had to say it was negative.

feel free to show where I've said otherwise.

You haven't but you have tried to cloud the issue which is that we have won 3 games out of 3 and under any circumstances that is something we may be able to build on and give us some little hope for the future.

Guest JamboRobbo

All fair enough to an extent JamboAl. Little to be gained by continuing to argue I think there is merit in what we both say.

Your suggestion that Man Utd would finish outside the top 4 if Ronaldo got injured, is ridiculous however. :P

All fair enough to an extent JamboAl. Little to be gained by continuing to argue I think there is merit in what we both say.

Your suggestion that Man Utd would finish outside the top 4 if Ronaldo got injured, is ridiculous however. :P

I agree there is merit on both sides. I just wish the argument had been separate from that particular thread.

Re Ronaldo I was merely expressing an opinion which may well be ridiculous. It is good however that you again appear to know better with an acute ability to see into the future. What are this week's lottery numbers?

Guest JamboRobbo
I agree there is merit on both sides. I just wish the argument had been separate from that particular thread.

I can see where your coming from, but personally I don't see what the big problem is with discussing whatever issues comes up, in whatever thread, within reason.

Re Ronaldo I was merely expressing an opinion which may well be ridiculous. It is good however that you again appear to know better with an acute ability to see into the future. What are this week's lottery numbers?

I don't think it requires seeing into the future to say Man Utd would still be top 4 without Ronaldo. The last time they finished outside the top 3 was 1990.

I can see where your coming from, but personally I don't see what the big problem is with discussing whatever issues comes up, in whatever thread, within reason.

The only problem is that the issue was tenuous to the OP's thread and cast the the usual cloud over a bit of sunshine.

I don't think it requires seeing into the future to say Man Utd would still be top 4 without Ronaldo. The last time they finished outside the top 3 was 1990.

That was about the same time that Newcastle were relegated. I must write to Mike Ashley/Joe Kinnear and tell them their team is safe because that was the last time they finished in the bottom 3.

Guest JamboRobbo
[/b]

That was about the same time that Newcastle were relegated. I must write to Mike Ashley/Joe Kinnear and tell them their team is safe because that was the last time they finished in the bottom 3.

Fair enough it's not intentional I just chat away and reply to whatever someone says.

I'd hold off on that letter if I were you. :P

Fair enough it's not intentional I just chat away and reply to whatever someone says.

I'd hold off on that letter if I were you. :P

Why? Using your logic, I'm sure they would be delighted to know they are safe from relegation.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why? Using your logic, I'm sure they would be delighted to know they are safe from relegation.

No logic required to say that Man Utd will finish top 4 this year, with or without Ronaldo, and to say that it IS possible that Newcastle could be relegated.

I wonder why I waste my time trying to talk to you when it seems you'd argue black is white just to disagree with me.

No logic required to say that Man Utd will finish top 4 this year, with or without Ronaldo, and to say that it IS possible that Newcastle could be relegated.

Ah Mystic Meg. If you had said "ON THE BALANCE OF PROBABILITY" no one could question that but you're so bloody adamant that you are always right it beggars belief.

I wonder why I waste my time trying to talk to you when it seems you'd argue black is white just to disagree with me.

I, and many others, sincerely hope that you will not will not waste your time again (please, please, please) and write on nearly every subject anyone brings up to turn it round to decry the club you say you support. Let bygones be bygones re your problem with Romanov, kiss the season ticket you weren't going to buy and get behind the club. C'mon the Hearts!

Guest JamboRobbo
I, and many others, sincerely hope that you will not will not waste your time again (please, please, please) and write on nearly every subject anyone brings up to turn it round to decry the club you say you support. Let bygones be bygones re your problem with Romanov, kiss the season ticket you weren't going to buy and get behind the club. C'mon the Hearts!

If you stopped getting things wrong so often, I would't have to correct you so often. Next thing you know, you'll be trying to tell people Campbell Ogilvie is Chief Executive :rofl: :rofl:

If you stopped getting things wrong so often, I would't have to correct you so often. Next thing you know, you'll be trying to tell people Campbell Ogilvie is Chief Executive :rofl: :rofl:

Whether he is CEO or not it takes things away off at another tangent.

On this thread, however, I am not too sure that I got much wrong as your earlier post said that there was merit in what we both said or are you changing your mind again so that you will not be wrong.. As I said, kiss the ST you did not originally want and support the club. Let bygones be bygones re Vlad and move on.

C'mon the JTs

Guest JamboRobbo
As I said, kiss the ST you did not originally want and support the club. Let bygones be bygones re Vlad and move on.

Says the man who posts a daily update on my ST status, because I said I wouldn't buy one till we got a manager, then had to relent why my bro and dad were getting theirs, our manager was still to be appointed, and I had to make a decision one way or the other or lose my seat beside my family.

Maybe you are the one who needs to let bygones be bygones, instead of bringing up personal matters re my ST on thread after thread after thread after thread after thread.

Says the man who posts a daily update on my ST status, because I said I wouldn't buy one till we got a manager, then had to relent why my bro and dad were getting theirs, our manager was still to be appointed, and I had to make a decision one way or the other or lose my seat beside my family.

It's not a daily update but it does show that people (as you accuse Romanov) can say one thing in good faith and later circumstances change it.

Relent:rofl::rofl:

Maybe you are the one who needs to let bygones be bygones, instead of bringing up personal matters re my ST on thread after thread after thread after thread after thread.

You mean that I should not try to remind you that people in glass houses should not throw stones. I'll try not to in future - will you?

Guest JamboRobbo
You mean that I should not try to remind you that people in glass houses should not throw stones. I'll try not to in future - will you?

No, I mean we should be discussing HMFC, not JamboRobbo's ST status.

It's a Hearts discussion forum. If Hearts fans (such as myself) want to throw stones at Vlad for his running of HMFC, they are perfectly entitled to.

If you come on to throw stones at me for how I choose to support HMFC, then that is nothing to do with HMFC, and if you do it over ad over again, it is just trolling of a fellow supporter, and has no place on a Hearts discussion forum.

No, I mean we should be discussing HMFC, not JamboRobbo's ST status.

It's a Hearts discussion forum. If Hearts fans (such as myself) want to throw stones at Vlad for his running of HMFC, they are perfectly entitled to.

If you come on to throw stones at me for how I choose to support HMFC, then that is nothing to do with HMFC, and if you do it over ad over again, it is just trolling of a fellow supporter, and has no place on a Hearts discussion forum.

Fans will defend the club they support. Surprised you don't get it.

Correct!

We won 3 games and got 9 points in the space of 7 days. That's what this thread was about. There are plenty of opportunities to get at the team when we lose so at least let the sun shine when we win.

We should not be dredging up past history. And if his ST is personal then he should not have advertised all over this board that he was not renewing and then succumbed.

Guest JamboRobbo

I do get it. Defend the club you support.

Repeatedly attacking a fellow fan over his decision to buy a ST to sit beside his bro and dad, is not defending the club you support. It is repeatedly attacking a fellow fan over his decision to buy a ST to sit beside his bro and dad.

I'm surprised you can't see the difference.

Guest JamboRobbo

We should not be dredging up past history. And if his ST is personal then he should not have advertised all over this board that he was not renewing and then succumbed.

So you'll not be dredging up past history then. Except you are. Over and over again. And it's not even HMFC history - it's mine. You should try getting over your obsession with my posts, and try posting about HMFC instead of my ST history.

Before this thread decends completely into being another one all about JamoRobbo can I just ask

What's the parenthesised word "Suisse" in the title for?

Guest JamboRobbo
Before this thread decends completely into being another one all about JamoRobbo can I just ask

Here's a thought. Don't mention me in posts, and you won't add to the perceived problem.

So you'll not be dredging up past history then. Except you are. Over and over again. And it's not even HMFC history - it's mine. You should try getting over your obsession with my posts, and try posting about HMFC instead of my ST history.

With over 20,000 posts, it can hardly be an obsession. An arithmetician will tell you I could only have picked up on a MAXIMUM of 1 in every 8 posts you make, assuming I only post in reply to you which is far from the case.

As I said before, you splashed all over this board that you were not renewing: that makes it JKB history and this is JKB. I'll say it again - I have no great wish to bring this matter up again and shall not unless the circumstances,such as hi-jacking posts to say the same old thing, warrant it.

I have offered an olive branch last week on another thread and also in reply to one of your PMs some time ago, since 2 supporters of the same club seeking the same ends should not go on like this. You ignored both. Clearly you want a free board where no one should challenge your views.

With over 20,000 posts, it can hardly be an obsession. An arithmetician will tell you I could only have picked up on a MAXIMUM of 1 in every 8 posts you make, assuming I only post in reply to you which is far from the case.

As I said before, you splashed all over this board that you were not renewing: that makes it JKB history and this is JKB. I'll say it again - I have no great wish to bring this matter up again and shall not unless the circumstances,such as hi-jacking posts to say the same old thing, warrant it.

I have offered an olive branch last week on another thread and also in reply to one of your PMs some time ago, since 2 supporters of the same club seeking the same ends should not go on like this. You ignored both. Clearly you want a free board where no one should challenge your views.

Anyone over 5,000 posts should really have a look at themselves ;) or get a girlfriend :rolleyes:

Anyone over 5,000 posts should really have a look at themselves ;) or get a girlfriend :rolleyes:

I'd like to but my wife says I'm not allowed to

I'd like to but my wife says I'm not allowed to

...well for anyone who hasn't got a Wife/Girlfriend/Fiance then :P

I agree and have not much more than half of 5000!

My wife won't let me have a girlfriend either.

Guest JamboRobbo

Really, cause it seems that way. Every post I read of yours is in reply to me, and is having a go at me for the crime of renewing my ST after saying I wouldn't till we appointed a manager.

As I said before, you splashed all over this board that you were not renewing: that makes it JKB history and this is JKB.

Ah, so basically, in your opinion it's fair game to have a go at fellow supporters for the crime of renewing their ST, but it's not fair game to have a go at Vlad for things he does to HMFC.

I'll say it again - I have no great wish to bring this matter up again and shall not unless the circumstances,such as hi-jacking posts to say the same old thing, warrant it.

Continue to bring it up if you like. It's you that is lowering yourself to that level whenever you do so.

Just don't go complaining if I point out the obvious - that my ST status has nothing to do with you or HMFC, and if renewing a ST is a crime, I plead guilty.

Actually, I read both and took them with a pinch of salt. It would appear I was right to do so, as it didn't take you long to revert to type. If you genuinelly want to stop stalking me, feel free.

Really, cause it seems that way. Every post I read of yours is in reply to me, and is having a go at me for the crime of renewing my ST after saying I wouldn't till we appointed a manager.

Not a crime (oh, you really are a martyr) - just a change of approach from a supposed hard-liner who vilifies others for the same thing.

Ah, so basically, in your opinion it's fair game to have a go at fellow supporters for the crime of renewing their ST, but it's not fair game to have a go at Vlad for things he does to HMFC.

It's fair game for both but not the repetitive nature and the incessant hi-jacking of posts to spout the same drivel but in a different way. Set up a separate thread about the pros and cons of Vlad and you'll create a record thread.

Continue to bring it up if you like. It's you that is lowering yourself to that level whenever you do so.

Just don't go complaining if I point out the obvious - that my ST status has nothing to do with you or HMFC, and if renewing a ST is a crime, I plead guilty.

Normally your ST status has nothing to do with anyone but you chose to splash it across JKB. It shows that, like with Csaba, you thought you knew what you were doing but then you were no so sure. BTW I promise I'll not complain.

Actually, I read both and took them with a pinch of salt. It would appear I was right to do so, as it didn't take you long to revert to type. If you genuinelly want to stop stalking me, feel free.

That says all people need to know about you; it's your board, your terms and please don't anyone differ. You flatter yourself if you think ANYONE stalks you. As I effectively said earlier I ignore 7 out of 8 of your posts which is a lot of rubbish to pass over. I will try to give you a free board however from time to time as I am not strapped to my computer and have other things to do.

Archived