Where Is All The Money Coming From?

IMA MAROON

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All these players you want us to sign in the January transfer window?

Who's "you"?

If we do make any sort of signing outwith the dreaded pyramid I'd imagine it will be from the same place as before. Originally from UBIG then lumped into our debt.

Our multi-millionaire owner.

Why would he start spending his own money now,what has changed that he would now put his hand in his own pocket and give it to us.

Many players will need to be shipped out before we bring ANYONE in.

As mentioned on another thread - the ratio will be at least 4 out for 1 in.

In my view that is sensible.

If we cannot ship any out then we can't bring any in.

You think that is acceptable?

ArmiyaRomanova

Interestingly, the Hamilton first team squad would appear to be - at least according to the programme notes from the game - larger than ours.

31 players compared to our 25.

Vlad should bankroll the club?

It would be nice.

I suppose he could just add it to our debt?

What's another few mill.

If we cannot ship any out then we can't bring any in.

You think that is acceptable?

We will ship some (a fair few I understand) out, come what may.

We are unlikely to spend big in the near future.

We are likely to look for a couple of experienced players.

I think that is sensible and acceptable.

Charlie-Brown
I suppose he could just add it to our debt?

What's another few mill.

Quite a lot if you don't have the readies available and few places to lend you them.

Quite a lot if you don't have the readies available and few places to lend you them.

Our owner owns a bank.

Are you saying that VR is such a bad credit risk that his own bank will not lend him money?

Francis Albert

Is encouraging Vlad to pour more money into Hearts designed to bring forward the often predicted financial collapse of UKIO Bankas and the rest of his business empire?

I could have sworn there were howls of anguish on here when our debt looked to be approaching ?40m.

Is encouraging Vlad to pour more money into Hearts designed to bring forward the often predicted financial collapse of UKIO Bankas and the rest of his business empire?

I could have sworn there were howls of anguish on here when our debt looked to be approaching ?40m.

I could have sworn that there were cries of 'Don't worry, our owners owns the bank that we owe the money to, so there is no debt' when our debt looked to be approaching ?40m.

p.s. It was VR who said he was prepared to spend ?10m on the right player. He didn't receive encouragement from anyone to say that.

It's not too much to expect Vlad to personally bankrole new signings as he did say he's be prepared to spend 10m on one player.

Francis Albert

Yes he promised us a ?10m player. And of course the two world cup stars.

We were promised!

Let's all stamp feet and wail in imitation of a two year old.

We were promised!

He never promised us two world cup stars.

He also never promised us a ?10m player. He stated that he was prepared to spend ?10m on the right player.

But avoid debating this and respond with a childish comment if you wish.

The People's Chimp

I heard there were 6 or so players that we are looking at, including a couple who are at lower league teams in england, for january.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

We were promised!

Jesus Christ.

Is this the kind of stuff this board brings out in grown men?

That was a playground response.

Jam Tarts 1874

I would expect that we will have to live within our means for the time being so not expecting anything outstanding in January.

I wondered when this would happen, until now all we have heard is how we need to find a striker and strengthen in January, we should wait until then to see what Csaba does in the transfer window.

Now it's where is the money coming from? Why on earth should we expect Vlad to fork out money for us blah blah blah. Is this because we're now amazing and 3rd in the league???

FWIW I think that we will try to sell on players and bring in a few on the back of that, was it Csaba who said he wanted to let 7 go and bring in 4? I expect he'll get one or two that are his choice and a few will come in from the pyramid and the 7 that leave will fund the bringing in of the 4. I just hope that for once it will be money well spent.

FWIW I think that we will try to sell on players and bring in a few on the back of that, was it Csaba who said he wanted to let 7 go and bring in 4? I expect he'll get one or two that are his choice and a few will come in from the pyramid and the 7 that leave will fund the bringing in of the 4. I just hope that for once it will be money well spent.

Csaba would like to shift 7 and bring in 4 according to one poster that met him at Edinburgh airport.

You expect Csaba will get to sign 1 or 2 players. Is this regardless of whether or not we sell the 7?

Francis Albert
He never promised us two world cup stars.

He also never promised us a ?10m player. He stated that he was prepared to spend ?10m on the right player.

But avoid debating this and respond with a childish comment if you wish.

I know we weren't. That was my point.

No, We will need to sell players to fund those coming in. If we can't sell any, we won't get new players.

I think that is the way to go as well.

I think we might struggle to sell on any players in January and we will have to wait until the end of the season when players contracts are up before we can bring in new players.

Our squad is not as bad as may people make out anyway.

Francis Albert
Jesus Christ.

Is this the kind of stuff this board brings out in grown men?

That was a playground response.

Sorry I missed the serious debating point behind the "Splash your cash Vlad" posts.

jack D and coke

If anybody really believes we're going to bring in some quality in January then your really needing your head looked at. How many times does this man have to pull your chain before you realise it's not going to happen.

I was reading Believe the other day and the bullsh*t that has came out of the mouths of these people over the last few years is beyond belief. Its amazing how much you forget but they've told some whoppers and its amazing how quickly people have forgotten and still defend the actions.

Granted one or two might arrive but when was the last time we signed anyone who's made a big impact? Barring Velicka i cant think of one and even Velicka was hardly earth shattering. More loanees or injury prone players made of chocolate i'd wager.

Granted one or two might arrive but when was the last time we signed anyone who's made a big impact? Barring Velicka i cant think of one and even Velicka was hardly earth shattering. More loanees or injury prone players made of chocolate i'd wager.

A couple of loan players might be a good idea if we cannot sell the players that Csaba does not want.

A couple of loan players might be a good idea if we cannot sell the players that Csaba does not want.

As long as the loan players are who Csaba wants and not what Romanov is foisting upon him, then yes, I agree with that. But on the other hand, is there any point in adding to the squad if we can't get rid of anyone?

As long as the loan players are who Csaba wants and not what Romanov is foisting upon him, then yes, I agree with that. But on the other hand, is there any point in adding to the squad if we can't get rid of anyone?

Maybe we will loan the unwanted players out if they cannot be sold.

Maybe we will loan the unwanted players out if they cannot be sold.

That would be a good option, as long as we weren't paying the wages of the players loaned out.

stirlingshirejambo

Do you think there is any chance of us bringing back Velicka on loan. Expensive wages wise but obviously not in Rangers plans.

Short term solution to long term problem. We are not a threat to Rangers CL place so apart from not letting him play against them if we draw them in cup wouldn't be a problem.

Do you think there is any chance of us bringing back Velicka on loan. Expensive wages wise but obviously not in Rangers plans.

Short term solution to long term problem. We are not a threat to Rangers CL place so apart from not letting him play against them if we draw them in cup wouldn't be a problem.

I think he is happy where he is. He said as much in an interview recently.

Guest jambomickey

we already got a world record of loan signings! our signing policy is a joke

I know we weren't. That was my point.

I still don't know what your point is.

What has stating incorrectly that we would sign 2 world cup stars got to do with VR spending cash on player(s)?

Francis Albert
I still don't know what your point is.

What has stating incorrectly that we would sign 2 world cup stars got to do with VR spending cash on player(s)?

My point was that complaining that Vlad doesn't just borrow some money from his bank to spend on new players is childish.

Like complaining we didn't buy two world cup stars.

Or don't look like winning the Champions League any time soon.

My point was that complaining that Vlad doesn't just borrow some money from his bank to spend on new players is childish.

Like complaining we didn't buy two world cup stars.

Or don't look like winning the Champions League any time soon.

Vlad hasn't ever personally borrowed any money from his bank to put into Hearts. It is therefore pointless not childish to speculate on this matter.

I've also checked the thread and can't see anyone complaining that he hasn't borrowed any money.

Also, why do you keep mentioning two world cup stars in this thread?

Francis Albert
Vlad hasn't ever personally borrowed any money from his bank to put into Hearts. It is therefore pointless not childish to speculate on this matter.

I've also checked the thread and can't see anyone complaining that he hasn't borrowed any money.

Also, why do you keep mentioning two world cup stars in this thread?

Someone posted "Our owner owns a bank" and suggested he shouldn't have any difficulty borrowing money from that bank.

Oh, and we weren't promised two world cup stars.

Someone posted "Our owner owns a bank" and suggested he shouldn't have any difficulty borrowing money from that bank.

Oh, and we weren't promised two world cup stars.

That was myself. I still can't see anybody complaining that Vlad doesn't just borrow some money from his bank to spend on new players.

I also know that we weren't promised two world cup stars. Myself and Cosanostra pointed that out to you. Again, why do you keep mentioning two world cup stars in this thread?

You're going to have to spell your point out. You're making no sense whatsoever.

Francis Albert

There were some posts on this thread that seemed to me to suggest that Vlad shoud simply splash some cash. I disagreed with this view.

The first reference to two world cup stars was a reference to a previous occasion when people complained abiout Vlad not splashing cash. Later references were a childish objection to your objection to me invoking that example.

Now maybe you could explain what your point about Vlad borrowing from his bank was about. On second thoughts, don't bother.

I think that it would be possible to get far better value for money than the current squad.

An unbalanced squad with some players who are on big contracts (I assume) and do not deliver the goods.

Each transfer window should be an attempt to improve the squad by getting rid of the players who are not contributing, balancing the squad by playing position/experience etc, raising funds in the transfer market by selling where we can at the right prices, bringing in young talent etc.

Nothing new and nothing revolutionary. But it would be good to see.

There were some posts on this thread that seemed to me to suggest that Vlad shoud simply splash some cash. I disagreed with this view.

The first reference to two world cup stars was a reference to a previous occasion when people complained abiout Vlad not splashing cash. Later references were a childish objection to your objection to me invoking that example.

Now maybe you could explain what your point about Vlad borrowing from his bank was about. On second thoughts, don't bother.

I'd be more than than happy to summarise my point, and the thread in general, if you require.

You seem to be struggling to keep up on this thread. Rambling on about being promised two world cups despite myself and another poster confirming to you that no such promises were made.

I'll clarify anything your having difficulty with by PM if you'd rather be spared the embarrassment but i fear it may be too late now.

I think that it would be possible to get far better value for money than the current squad.

An unbalanced squad with some players who are on big contracts (I assume) and do not deliver the goods.

Each transfer window should be an attempt to improve the squad by getting rid of the players who are not contributing, balancing the squad by playing position/experience etc, raising funds in the transfer market by selling where we can at the right prices, bringing in young talent etc.

Nothing new and nothing revolutionary. But it would be good to see.

Do you think the squad may actually weaken during the next transfer window? I'm worried that whilst we may shift one or two better players we might not get any in or not any o quality.

I'd be interested to know how many groups of 4 players there are that we would A. want to get rid of and B. Would make a really significant difference to our financial abilities to bring in quality players on a 1 for 4 basis.

If we get rid of 4 players who make a real difference in financial terms then your talking about Berra, Driver, Kingston and one other first team player. To be replaced by ONE coming in ???

We cannot afford to get rid of 6 players who are in or on the fringes of the first team unless we're replacing them with 3 or 4 of better quality.

I think its more likely that we'll get rid of 3 or 4 Ksanavicious types and bring in 2 or 3 Tullberg types to have a look at for six months on loans or short term deals.

There wont be any radical injection of quality into Hearts 1st team whilst Romanov is there unless A.Csaba or the scouts get really lucky with who they are bringing in, or B. The academy players get a chance and they ARE the big deal we keep getting told they are.

He is DEFINETLY NOT going to sign anyone where there is a sizeable fee involved and I dont understand why people still link us with players who would command even a modest transfer fee.

Do you think the squad may actually weaken during the next transfer window? I'm worried that whilst we may shift one or two better players we might not get any in or not any o quality.

The last 5 or 6 transfer windows (including shifts in between eg Pressley/Velicka) have mostly reduced the quality of the squad. Partly this has been necessary cost cutting but also other nonsense.

We were promised!

If you believed that statement from him and took it word for word your even more delluded that the flaimiesters over the road who still think they play free flowing sexy football.

In the interview it was said at the time he was quoted saying he could spend 10million on a player, if you watched that documentary you will see at the time he was looking at a South American player whos cost rose from 4million in te first Interview with an agent to 8million in the next interview, in which Vlad just got up and walked straight out, basically treating the agent with the contemp he deserved, it was never made clear what currency Vlad was speaking about when he made that quote, although most people took it as he was not speaking about sterling either Lithuanian Lita or Brazilian Real R$

As for the two world cup stars if i remember rightly he said he would be looking or was looking at two during the world cup or something along those lines, BUT I dont think anywhere anyone ever thought he was talking about your Kaka's or Rhonaldhinos of this world, and a world cup star could be anyone who has played in the world cup and did well, a star to Vlad is most probably very different to what we see as a Star.

Archived