More negativity

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

3 wins in a row. 0 goals against. Still "fans" on here complaining.

Agreed it's 3 so called weaker teams but Hearts can only play the schedule they're given.

I'll take another 10 1 - 0 wins before the end of the season thanks very much.

Guest GhostHunter

The bottom teams were the ones we dropped points to over the last couple of seasons.

3 from 3 against teams we've scraped draws against, or worse, lost to in the past, is good enough in my book (for now)

Guest juvehearts

can we still not complain based on the peformance?

if weplayed against any of the top 6 in the last 3 games we would have lost.

we won & were happy, BUT still the peformace needs to improve.

ill gladly take 1-0's all season,but with a better peformance please.

Guest GhostHunter

:eek:

Are you for real ?

Did you mean to post that last sentence ?

I'd gladly take 1-0's all season and play like a bunch of cloggers from Mars.....

Please stand up and shake yourself vigourously...what are you on:eek:

AAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Another one from the "if we were playing Real Madrid today we would have lost" school of thought.

Newsflash. We weren't playing any other team than Inverness today, therefore...(drumroll)....IT DOESN'T MATTER A DAMN!

Csaba knows we need a striker who can score goals. He thinks it'll be January before we get one. If we grind out dull 1-0 wins until we get somebody adept at sticking the ball in the pokey, then I'll be extremely joyous!

Guest juvehearts

THE peformance aganins Hamilton was nothing more than shocking.

you cant be happy with that & again today, it was backs against the wall after we went in front, again at Tynecastle vs ICT the same thing.

granted they didnt look like scoring but neither did we.

something needs to change when we are up against higher/better/reptuiable oppositition

Guest GhostHunter
AAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Another one from the "if we were playing Real Madrid today we would have lost" school of thought.

Newsflash. We weren't playing any other team than Inverness today, therefore...(drumroll)....IT DOESN'T MATTER A DAMN!

Well, it does...I mean, if we were playing another Top 6 side, we'd have lost.

(applying said logic)

However, if you turn the league table upside down, we were playing a top 6 side, and, more importantly, we won:)

Guest GhostHunter

you cant be happy with that & again today, it was backs against the wall after we went in front, again at Tynecastle vs ICT the same thing.

something needs to change when we are up against higher/better/reptuiable oppositition

Um, but, didn't we actually score ?

In both games ?

I must have been dreaming....

Well, it does...I mean, if we were playing another Top 6 side, we'd have lost.

(applying said logic)

However, if you turn the league table upside down, we were playing a top 6 side, and, more importantly, we won:)

I'm going to start reversing the logic, so by my calculations we actually BEAT Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic, because if we'd been playing Hamilton in those games, we would have won.

Don`t know if your puting me in that bracket ATIS but i`m not negative, im looking at it from a point of view of how we still need to improve.

I`m happy as Larry, absolutely delighted in our points haul over the last 3 but everyone saying "i`ll take 1-0`s all season blah blah blah" is a cliche` i hate.

There`s stiffer tests to come and not just in the shape of opposition, but our own players mentality in how they can sustain good form.

A win is a win as they say, and sometimes you play well and don`t get what you deserve but that`s the knack Hearts have to find yet.

We played pretty well v Aberdeen and the Hoboids but didn`t force the game enough to nick the points.

There`ll be scenarios where Hearts will have to come from behind(ooh er missus) and i have a question mark over whether we`d have it in us to do so.

This team has a long way to go.

The bottom teams were the ones we dropped points to over the last couple of seasons.

3 from 3 against teams we've scraped draws against, or worse, lost to in the past, is good enough in my book (for now)

the bit in bold sums it up for me. I have no reason to change my opinon that we are a pretty poor side at the moment.

The January transfer window will be a most valuable insight into where the club is going. If we trade wisely then great but from past experience this is unlikely to happen.

I was thinking about starting a thread on Robbie Neilson returns to the team and we are 3 wins from 3 games is this a coincidence? But I am not sure I could stomach the abuse.

I am however extremely happy that Robbie is back as he is one of the few we have at the club that will get stuck in for the 90 minutes. He above all knows what playing for the Hearts is all about and truly hope that his efforts for the club rub off on the rest of the team and squad.

The BBC report on the game has a quite stupid comment in it. please see the bit in bold.

Now correct me if I am wrong here but if a game finishes 1-0 or 0-1 then surely the team that score the only goal are first on the score sheet?

Inverness CT 0-1 Hearts

Bruno Aguiar

Hearts secured a narrow victory over Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Scottish Premier League.

Hearts were first on the scoresheet after 22 minutes when Bruno Aguiar struck from 20 yards out.

Adam Rooney was denied a penalty before half-time when he appeared to be pushed over by Lee Wallace but the referee waved away the protests.

A scrappy second-half failed to entertain and Hearts held on to collect all three points.

Rooney and Andy Barrowman started for Inverness along with a rare start for Barry Wilson, with Garry Wood and Iain Vigurs dropping to bench.

Michael Stewart returned from suspension for Hearts along with skipper Robbie Neilson, while David Obua and Ruben Palazuelos dropped to the bench.

Hearts had the first opportunity of the match when Grant Munro fouled Christian Nade on the edge of the box, but Andrew Driver fired the resulting free-kick over the bar.

Caley pushed forward with Ian Black finding Dougie Imrie, but he rushed his effort and Janos Balogh gathered easily.

However, the visitors opened the scoring in the 22nd minute when Driver found Aguiar on the edge of the box and the Portuguese midfielder feigned before striking a low drive from 20 yards out past the helpless Esson.

Barrowman was left disappointed as the half-time whistle approached when he stabbed the ball past Balogh, but failed to get it past the Hearts defence.

Rooney was denied a penalty when he appeared to be pushed over by Lee Wallace but the referee waved away claims for a spot-kick.

Hearts could have doubled their lead shortly after the break when Driver crossed for Nade, but the Frenchman's effort was blocked by team-mate Wallace.

Aguiar blasted a free-kick straight at a two-man Caley defensive wall and a long throw-in from Grant Munro caused problems for the Hearts defence with Rooney's overhead kick blocked before the ball eventually fell to Dougie Imrie on who sent his shot too high.

Robbie Neilson tried to lob Esson after 78 minutes but the full-back's volley went wide.

David Proctor fouled Driver on the edge of the box with less than 10 minutes left to play, but Aguiar's pass was easily cut out.

Vigurs was denied by Balogh in the closing stages but Hearts held on for the victory.

Inverness manager Craig Brewster:

"We could have played until midnight and we not scored today, it was one of those days.

"We lost the goal early in the game and I think that suited Hearts. They were difficult to break down, but we had one or two chances, so we can't say we never.

"Credit to the players for the effort that they put in to try and get back on level terms, but we just lacked that wee bit of magic in the final third."

Hearts manager csaba Laszlo:

"It is nice to win three games, but the most important thing is that this is the third game with one zero.

"I think our performance, especially in the second half was okay.

"We didn't get them any chance and if you can do this, you can talk about a great performance.

"You cannot win ugly or pretty, you can win and if you win, you are always beautiful.

Inverness CT: Esson, Tokely, Proctor, Munro, Hastings, Wilson (Vigurs 59), Black (McBain 15), Duncan, Imrie, Rooney, Barrowman (Wood 63). Subs Not Used: Fraser, McAllister, Sutherland, Duff.

Hearts: Balogh, Neilson, Jonsson, Berra, Lee Wallace, Aguiar, Zaliukas, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver (Obua 86), Nade (Makela 90). Subs Not Used: Kello, Palazuelos, Mole, Thomson, Brown.

Booked: Zaliukas.

Goals: Aguiar 22.

Att: 4,011

Ref: M Tumilty

"You cannot win ugly or pretty, you can win and if you win, you are always beautiful."

Words of wisdom from a manager who is doing good job with the players at his disposal.

Mods we need to get ourselves a negativity filter for times like this. It's been a good day and yet still some folk on here have got the Coldplay album on and are getting the razorblades from the bathroom cupboard.

What are some of you lot all about but we are winning ugly who cares its another three points in the bag. With the squad of players we have we are not strong enough and everyone understands we need to strengthen in January especially up front so give the guys a break and be more positive at least until the transfer window closes.

Grumpy.

Hi, it does not matter what result or performance that Heart of Midlothian Football Club undertook. Some person's would not be pleased. There will still be DOOM, doom doom doom all the way regardless......

I would/will take any crap performance as long as we win 1-0.

1-0 To the JAMTARTS! 1-0 TO THE JAMTARTS!

Apologies, but trying people out of position ie Eggy! Hang im high!! How dare he attempt anything different!?

Was I the only one that thought we didn't play too badly against Hamilton? We were one-up, limited their chances, anytime the got beind us we either kicked the ball out or Berra or Zaliukas ran the ball out for a goal kick, We created 2 decent other opportunities to score, we were unfortunate for both.

Why sent 2 or 3 more players up front to score a goal when you already have, you get 3 points for winning a game, we were winning it, why risk losing 2 points for an unneccesary additional goal. Would 2-0 really have made a difference when we were controlling it at the back so well anyway?

Fair enough, you may think we should have won the game by more goals, but at the end of the day, we won, that's all that counts.

Agreed it's 3 so called weaker teams but Hearts can only play the schedule they're given.

Yes we can only play the schedule and the schedule says we have beaten the three worst teams in the league twice - all very narrowly and with an average performance. We have hardly a point or a goal to show against the rest of the league. Time will tell if we improve in the coming matches.

The positives are that the rest of the league is honking so that we are sitting in third place and that we can't play much worse from midfeld forward than we have so far this season. Nade is showing some real signs now and Tullberg wil eventually get fit. So I am optomistic but I am sure no one is under any illusions about how mediocre we are and the margin between a bottom six and top six team is nothing.

Guest juvehearts

because football is in the entertainment factor.

fans pay thru the nose to be entertained.

managers get paid to win, but we should expect to score a couple vs hamiltion at home.

we are hearts after all

Was I the only one that thought we didn't play too badly against Hamilton? We were one-up, limited their chances, anytime the got beind us we either kicked the ball out or Berra or Zaliukas ran the ball out for a goal kick, We created 2 decent other opportunities to score, we were unfortunate for both.

Why sent 2 or 3 more players up front to score a goal when you already have, you get 3 points for winning a game, we were winning it, why risk losing 2 points for an unneccesary additional goal. Would 2-0 really have made a difference when we were controlling it at the back so well anyway?

Fair enough, you may think we should have won the game by more goals, but at the end of the day, we won, that's all that counts.

Probably. I take it you missed the stick on header Offiong missed, the embarassing way Hamilton dominated possession in the second half although admittedly they toiled to create many chances but that`s not the point.

The first half we were ok, we had other chances to kill the game off.

We are playing a dangerous game. If Hamilton had nicked a goal would you have been confident Hearts could have raised their game to come back and take the lead?

Listen, im a "wins a win" type of guy but i like to look deeper. Hearts can be so much better and see these games off far more comfortably.

We used to many moons ago. We are getting the results just now but for the benefit of the long term you can`t sit and accept some of themediocre play we descend into sometimes.

managers get paid to win, but we should expect to score a couple vs hamiltion at home.

we are hearts after all

You don't even go to game ya slaver.

Yes we can only play the schedule and the schedule says we have beaten the three worst teams in the league twice - all very narrowly and with an average performance. We have hardly a point or a goal to show against the rest of the league. Time will tell if we improve in the coming matches.

The positives are that the rest of the league is honking so that we are sitting in third place and that we can't play much worse from midfeld forward than we have so far this season. Nade is showing some real signs now and Tullberg wil eventually get fit. So I am optomistic but I am sure no one is under any illusions about how mediocre we are and the margin between a bottom six and top six team is nothing.

we are hearts after all

Contradictory (sp?), You want entertainment.. fair enough... Managers 'get paid to win'. If the manager that entertained but did not win, long would they last?

My only concern as a supporter of Heart of Midlothian FC is whther we win or not.... if we entertain then bonus....

Are you not slightly concerned we have scraped past the three bottom clubs and our next six games are against opposition we've failed to beat already this season?

Nucky Thompson
Are you not slightly concerned we have scraped past the three bottom clubs and our next six games are against opposition we've failed to beat already this season?
Next game is Falkirk, we failed to beat them but I expect 3 points again on Saturday.

jambos are go!

Currrently Lazlo has taken us to 3rd place with a much weaker and less well paid squad than his immediate predecessors. Surely that is good news all round - in financial,managerial and player motivational terms? And agree with it or not with a few tweeks it's easy to see what his starting eleven will be.

Currrently Lazlo has taken us to 3rd place with a much weaker and less well paid squad than his immediate predecessors. Surely that is good news all round - in financial,managerial and player motivational terms? And agree with it or not with a few tweeks it's easy to see what his starting eleven will be.

Once everyone has played eachother twice the league will take a nice shape and we'll see how good we are. We are fortunate the fixtures have given us the three worst teams in the league as we start off playing everyone for the second time.

We are fortunate the fixtures have given us the three worst teams in the league as we start off playing everyone for the second time.

On form, wouldn't Hubs be considered one of the 3 worst teams?

Nucky Thompson
Once everyone has played eachother twice the league will take a nice shape and we'll see how good we are. We are fortunate the fixtures have given us the three worst teams in the league as we start off playing everyone for the second time.
But football is not played on paper and other teams will drop points where we took 9. Rangers lost to St Mirren, Dundee Utd lost to Hamilton and Hibs lost to ICT at home last week, that's 3 teams that we should be competing with at the top.

But football is not played on paper and other teams will drop points where we took 9. Rangers lost to St Mirren, Dundee Utd lost to Hamilton and Hibs lost to ICT at home last week, that's 3 teams that we should be competing with at the top.

And we failed to beat any them.

Nucky Thompson
Yeah but we've taken full points against the teams they have lost to and we still have to play those 3 teams at home;) Things look good or bad whatever way you want to dress them up. Let's wait and see:)

Damn the computer that gave us these fixtures!!

I take by 'nice shape' you mean Heart of Midlothian below Hibernian otherwise at this particular moment it has already taken a 'nice shape'.

We win= doom

We draw= Doooom

We lose= DOOOOOOOOMMM GLOOOOMMMM.

is that lochend rap.

Oh look it's that loser TISWAS again, following me about and surprise surprise isn't commenting on the thread :rolleyes:

If we had lost to ICT today Hibs would have been one of the 3 worst teams.

Its tight down there.A couple of wins for Hamilton and everything changes.Csabas first priority is to take Hearts away from a relegation fight and he is doing this without strikers.

winston churchill
Oh look it's that loser TISWAS again, following me about and surprise surprise isn't commenting on the thread :rolleyes:

my in box is full with all your yam mates giving you the thumbs up.

HOOF.

If we had lost to ICT today Hibs would have been one of the 3 worst teams.

Its tight down there.A couple of wins for Hamilton and everything changes.Csabas first priority is to take Hearts away from a relegation fight and he is doing this without strikers.

Celtic (H)

Dundee Utd (A)

Kilmarnock (H)

Rangers (A)

Wee Team (A)

You obviously get the odd upset like St Mirren beating Rangers but a team very rarely pull off what would be 4 upsets in 5 games in the SPL. You need quality. I think the bottom half of the league is taking shape already with regards to the bottom three.

winston churchill
Celtic (H)

Dundee Utd (A)

Kilmarnock (H)

Rangers (A)

Wee Team (A)

You obviously get the odd upset like St Mirren beating Rangers but a team very rarely pull off what would be 4 upsets in 5 games in the SPL. You need quality. I think the bottom half of the league is taking shape already with regards to the bottom three.

the sad thing is.

hamilton will save your horrible mob from the drop.

my in box is full with all your yam mates giving you the thumbs up.

HOOF.

I don't even know why I am trying to justify who I support to you but I guess I am hoping you will stop stalking me and that when I maybe see you've posted on a thread it's related to the topic.

Go to Tynecastle Topics and By Bus and Car, look through West End Hearts threads. I must be some Hobo - attend the majority of away fixtures on top of the home ones.

john brownlee

well thats us almost past the bannana skins just falkick to go not often we can escape the perils of the spl dross without getting gubbed against the run of play but hey thats Hearts.

I just watched the hammy game on gay-lick tv and to be honest it was no where as bad as some on here made the game to be. In fact I would be happy if we played like that every week, well done Hearts you desearved the three pionts

Third in the league

You can't always shagg Helen of Troy but a hole in the dark is sometimes all you get.

still suusuksess

The Old Tolbooth

Ummmm, Hans, we've beaten St Mirren twice mate :rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson
Ummmm, Hans, we've beaten St Mirren twice mate :rolleyes:
He's talking about the other 3, the 3 that lost to the teams we have just beaten:) Like I said to Hans, we still have to play those 3 teams at home.

winston churchill
I don't even know why I am trying to justify who I support to you but I guess I am hoping you will stop stalking me and that when I maybe see you've posted on a thread it's related to the topic.

Go to Tynecastle Topics and By Bus and Car, look through West End Hearts threads. I must be some Hobo - attend the majority of away fixtures on top of the home ones.

i am a member of the hobos.net private members glee club.

so what's your point hobo.

winston churchill
He's talking about the other 3, the 3 that lost to the teams we have just beaten:) Like I said to Hans, we still have to play those 3 teams at home.

maybe HANS is ****ed and forgets what board he's posting on;)

Nucky Thompson
maybe HANS is ****ed and forgets what board he's posting on;)
Believe it or not and I know that it is hard to believe, but Hans has been confirmed as a Jambo by someone I trust:rolleyes: Some Jambos just need to get a grip.

alwaysthereinspirit

I've supported Hearts for nigh on 40 years. We've never been a team to annialate the weaker teams week after week.

The results against our next 6 opponents first time around have no bearing on the next 6 results.

We're third right now, We'd have taken that at the start of the season. Right now I'll take what we have.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Im not gonna be negative on this but wont jump on the super-happy bandwagon either.

In the first 11game set we beat these same 3teams(with only the rangers defeat in first 4games)by 11th game we were 8th.

Only have to look at table to see these 3teams are at bottom so we should be beating them.They have limited striking forces so sitting on 1goal although

ugly to watch can work.

Try sitting on 1goal Vs Killie/Mther/Dutd/Abn these are the teams we need to beat yet failed to(ok not Motherwell but was 1st game of season).

8games to go this set of 11,ignore OF

gives us 6 teams we got to win 3of them and draw 1.

only thing making us look good is league position but the uefa hunting teams have been burning each other for points this season with no run away leader so far.

One advantage we got is a slightly larger team to pick from so we may look better when injuries start building up that.

Still nice to see hobos in poop though already luv ya mixu...

Believe it or not and I know that it is hard to believe, but Hans has been confirmed as a Jambo by someone I trust:rolleyes: Some Jambos just need to get a grip.

Would this be the same source that you alluded to earlier when I was asking about A.N. Other?

Sorry, deja vu.........

Archived