More negativity

alwaysthereinspirit

18 of our current 23 points from the 6 games against the 3 worst teams in the league, as would be acknowledged by everyone - Hamilton, St Mirren and Inverness have the cheapest squads in the league.

5 of our 23 points from the other 8 games against the other teams in the league.

Unless we do a bit more than in the previous round of games against those other teams we will shortly slip down the league.

I am not sure that this try to nick a goal and hang on is the way to approach games against the better teams/managers in this league.

Charlie-Brown

The previous games against Motherwell, Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Hibs & Aberdeen were all very close and some we won, drew or lost however from what I've seen there is nothing especially to fear playing these teams and we are well capable of taking at least an even split of the points available if not more - the harder games will be Rangers, Celtic & Dundee Utd but I'd like to think we could put up a better show against Rangers & the Arabs in the forthcoming home games.

Nucky Thompson
Would this be the same source that you alluded to earlier when I was asking about A.N. Other?

Sorry, deja vu.........

Nope. The earlier one was when I got a warning on that thread and was told I was wrong about him being a Hobo because he was confirmed by a few people. I thought HANS was a Hobo at first but this person knows him well. You just can't tell nowadays:rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

We have done well to take maximum points from the bottom sides, that is what usually propels teams into the upper half of the league - our SPL rivals have all dropped points to these teams indeed in the last fortnight Hibs took 1pt from 6 against St Mirren & Inverness.

The previous games against Motherwell, Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Hibs & Aberdeen were all very close and some we won, drew or lost however from what I've seen there is nothing especially to fear playing these teams and we are well capable of taking at least an even split of the points available if not more - the harder games will be Rangers, Celtic & Dundee Utd but I'd like to think we could put up a better show against Rangers & the Arabs in the forthcoming home games.

There could have been no complaints if we had lost or drawn any of the games against Hamilton, St Mirren or Inverness.

It is good that we won those games, but all were by the skin of our teeth.

Charlie-Brown
There could have been no complaints if we had lost or drawn any of the games against Hamilton, St Mirren or Inverness.

It is good that we won those games, but all were by the skin of our teeth.

You could advance the same arguments for the games against Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Hibs & Aberdeen - if our wins could have been lost or drawn then these lost or drawns could just as easily have been won given almost all our games have been very close. We are currently third and deservedly so.

You could advance the same arguments for the games against Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Hibs & Aberdeen - if our wins could have been lost or drawn then these lost or drawns could just as easily have been won given almost all our games have been very close. We are currently third and deservedly so.

I agree with that. We have not dominated any game that we have won, nor the games you mentioned above. All were very close and could have gone either way.

The only clear cut games this season so far were the Celtic, Rangers and Dundee United hidings.

We shall see how we get on against the better teams this time around. 5 points from 24 against them in the first round.

Archived