Realistically, what more were you expecting?

Dirk Diggler

I think peoples' views of the team will be different depending on what they want to see. I want to see us win, ugly or not, 3 points is 3 points, come the end of the season, you look back on stats, having a good game and losing doesn't get you anywhere, winning does.

If, like many, you may want to see us playing exciting football, that's fair enough but I don't think you will get to see that under Csaba this season, I think a good goal for us will be Europe, I don't care if we play dull football, it's all about next season for me, the future.

If we get into Europe, we may be able to bring higher quality players in, this will then up the standard of play and hopefully make it a bit more exciting watching Hearts.

What was I expecting? 4th or 5th: I plumped for 5th in the end, and on balance, that's still my call now. And given he inherited such a shambles, nothing more could be expected of Csaba - even 3rd place in his first season is probably asking too much.

On the pitch, things have followed pretty much as I expected: all credit to CL and the players for that, and especially for the position we've risen to tonight. No Jambo can ever grumble with being third in the table: I tend to get a warm, fuzzy feeling and regard all being right with the world whenever we are. Whining about lack of entertainment is, I think, premature: we can't run before we can walk, and this is a gradual project of rebuilding. And I also think anyone complaining about us not challenging the OF are off their collective rockers: sorry, but it's not feasible, and as long as Tynie has a capacity of 17,000, it never will be either.

None of this is to minimise the many concerns, mainly off the field, that tons of us have: and those certainly remain. But ultimately, the purpose of a football club is to win football matches - and as long as we're doing that, so much the better. :)

south morocco
I see. A week to week basis. Think longer term my friend.

yes, week to week isn't that what most of us go by these days? ,what is your long term strategy or aspiration btw?

But ultimately, the purpose of a football club is to win football matches - and as long as we're doing that, so much the better. :)

Not everybody will agree with that. Others think that getting rid of Romanov is more important.

Guest Fabuloso
yes, week to week isn't that what most of us go by these days? ,what is your long term strategy or aspiration btw?

Get rid of Romanov for starters - then I'll buy a ST again.

How do we go about getting rid of him?

What do you propose?

I'm now in your front garden/drying area/council waste land, btw.

Guest Fabuloso
How do we go about getting rid of him?

What do you propose?

I'm now in your front garden/drying area/council waste land, btw.

Stop going to games. This justifies VR (in his eyes). If you do go then protest against him.

Are you naked from the waste down? If so I can see you.

south morocco

well why dont you buy him out? maybe you can get a consortium going with enzo, i'm skint at the moment but might be flush for a couple of grand in the spring if you can get me a seat on the board:)

Guest Fabuloso
well why dont you buy him out? maybe you can get a consortium going with enzo, i'm skint at the moment but might be flush for a couple of grand in the spring if you can get me a seat on the board:)

Save some money mate and don't attend. It's the way forward! Pubs are good, pubs are good....

Guest Fabuloso
Absolutely. Play your cards right.....;)

So this debt?

Increasing, Decreasing? What?

sniffing_out_facts.jpg

Had enough for one evening. Signing off now cyberfriends. More whinging soon, I promise.

Had enough for one evening. Signing off now cyberfriends. More whinging soon, I promise.

:wavey:

Can't wait.

x

I don't really think I had much in the way of expectations as such, I just think I decided to see what the season does and keep an open mind. I'm delighted we're winning at the moment however I am concerned that we are papering over the cracks a bit and that come January a winning run will be used as some kind of excuse that we do not need any new players (which they will say we can't afford).

With the standard of our squad, this is ahead of my expectations. No idea how long it will last but I'd rather be where we are than another side with an EH postcode! :)

What have Spartans & Edinburgh City got to do with Hearts ?? :4_1_72::4_1_72::rofl::rofl:

Archived