Realistically, what more were you expecting?

Dirk Diggler

There seems to be a hell of a lot of whinging done on here, yet here we are sitting in 3rd place in the SPL.

Surely challenging for a European spot is all we could have hoped for this term?

It looks likely that that'll be the case.

Guest Fabuloso
There seems to be a hell of a lot of whinging done on here, yet here we are sitting in 3rd place in the SPL.

Surely challenging for a European spot is all we could have hoped for this term?

I think you'll find the problem is that things could be so much better - quite easily. Shows how pash the rest of the league is.

I think you'll find the problem is that things could be so much better - quite easily. Shows how pash the rest of the league is.

Spot on . . .

Things can always be better.

Where did you think we'd be sitting after 14 games of the season gone?

You could be right - maybe we will challenge for a European place. But in order to do so, we'll have to pick up more points against the better teams. A much more realistic measure of our progress will be after the second round of fixtures is completed. We've had a great eight days, but we also beat these three teams in the first round of fixtures, after which we were eighth.

Try not to be overly critical of the side but remember, we started the season reasonably well as we played the poorer teams in the league. Then when we came up against tougher opposition we slid big time. Now we've started the second quarter against the weaker sides again...you see where I'm going with this..

Still, good 3 pts today though.

Try not to be overly critical of the side but remember, we started the season reasonably well as we played the poorer teams in the league. Then when we came up against tougher opposition we slid big time. Now we've started the second quarter against the weaker sides again...you see where I'm going with this..

Still, good 3 pts today though.

I see exactly what you're saying, If we carry that form throughout the whole season, we'll find ourselves challenging for a European spot, which is what I expected at the start of the season.

Maybe others were expecting more than that?

I see exactly what you're saying, If we carry that form throughout the whole season, we'll find ourselves challenging for a European spot, which is what I expected at the start of the season.

:)

Er, yeah thats what I said.

:whistling:

Geoff Kilpatrick

With the standard of our squad, this is ahead of my expectations. No idea how long it will last but I'd rather be where we are than another side with an EH postcode! :)

Guest juvehearts

Honestly?

mush closer to the OF.

3rd is the best we can achieve this season.

ill take it now because of last season, but realistically we should & must be challenging the OF every season.

otherwise what is the point in challenging or compeating in this league if your ambitition is to finish 3rd every season?

Don't think anyone realistically would think we'd be higher positioned than 3rd at this stage, however had we not played so badly and dropped points earlier in the season the gap between us and the 4th-12th positions could be much increased. Not keen on this one up front football and clinging on to 1-0 wins but 3 pts is 3 pts.

Guest Fabuloso
You could be right - maybe we will challenge for a European place. But in order to do so, we'll have to pick up more points against the better teams. A much more realistic measure of our progress will be after the second round of fixtures is completed. We've had a great eight days, but we also beat these three teams in the first round of fixtures, after which we were eighth.

I never thought scraping 1-0 victories over dross teams would equate to that statement. I guess it shows how far our standards have dropped over the last season or so. What next - throwing a party for a top six finish?

winston churchill

i'd bite your hand off for 3rd/4th

that said.we are only 10 points behind for another go in the champions league:nuts:

Nucky Thompson
I never thought scraping 1-0 victories over dross teams would equate to that statement. I guess it shows how far our standards have dropped over the last season or so. What next - throwing a party for a top six finish?
The same dross teams we were losing to last season and the same dross team the hobbits couldn't beat at home last week:)

Hearts for as long as I've been going have dropped points away from home at games we should win. So 2 away wins in a week is good going if you ask me.

I was as angry as anyone else on Wednesday night - in fact I booed at the end, probably for the first time in my life. And I'm also just about as harsh a critic of the shambles that has been HMFC over the past three years as anyone else you'll find on this board.

But there is no denying - none whatsoever - that nine points in three matches from a position of 8th in the league constitutes a great week. Particularly when two of the fixtures are away from home, one of them is won with ten men and the other is at a venue no SPL side finds easy.

JF, i think its the uncertainty of Hearts performances and the league itself which has made us uncomfortable with where Hearts are going.

That`s 3 wins on the trot and i`d like to see us go on a long run of not losing alot of games and our percentage of positive results is far higher.

We could lose our next 3 games and we`ll be back in the bottom 6 or not far off, but it`s up to the players and staff to stay focused and make sure we`re outdoing the poor results with good ones.

I don`t expect us to go undefeated to the end of the season, but i hope we don`t lose 5 games in this next quarter like we did in the first.

It`s up to the players and staff to really press home the importance of now taking 4 points at least from the next two home games and give us a platform for a hard December.

Some folk seem unhappy with the SPL in general. Can't say that I'm overawed by our sh itty little league. It is awfy boring at times.

However, I can say this truthfully; Hearts have won the last 3 games, we are sitting 3rd in our pi shy wee league, hibs are murder & lagging behind us & I'm ****ing loving it!

Another great Saturday night!

Cheers.

I was as angry as anyone else on Wednesday night - in fact I booed at the end, probably for the first time in my life. And I'm also just about as harsh a critic of the shambles that has been HMFC over the past three years as anyone else you'll find on this board.

But there is no denying - none whatsoever - that nine points in three matches from a position of 8th in the league constitutes a great week. Particularly when two of the fixtures are away from home, one of them is won with ten men and the other is at a venue no SPL side finds easy.

:thumb: Agreed

Guest Fabuloso
Hearts for as long as I've been going have dropped points away from home at games we should win. So 2 away wins in a week is good going if you ask me.

Good stuff. You will be a satisfied man tonight then. Have a beer on me. An eternal optimist - lovely.

Good stuff. You will be a satisfied man tonight then. Have a beer on me. An eternal optimist - lovely.

:laugh:

If you knew me you'd realise how far off that is, I get the pish ripped out of me for my pessimism.

although i am not overly enthused with winning 1-0 it was good enough for arsenal under george graham so it will do for me just now. with the same players last season we were a lot worse in terms of fight and passion so csaba is doing something right. if he can keep us up the top end until january and bring in two or three good players i think we will need the passports again although for how long i don't know. i will happily settle for 1-0 wins for another three weeks though

Guest Fabuloso

Fair point. Let's just say under the circumstances the team have done well.

I expect us to get a Euro spot.

I think we have a better squad of players than any team outwith the OF.

It just takes time to get it right. We have a new manager, we have had players out injured or not match fit and our new signings have yet to show what they are all about.

I expect us to get things right by the turn of the year and go on a run.

That is what I expect of Hearts.

3 games ago we were 8th.

3 clean sheets and 9 points later we are 3rd.

Sounds decent to me.

Edit: These were also games where we would have lost a goal last season.

vlad on the tyne

It looks likely that that'll be the case.[/quote

the season is over as we have reached 3rd in mid november?

Victor Meldrew

Not only is it 3 wins on the trot - it's 1 defeat in six matches. that defeat was to the team leading the league.

I'm not saying we are there yet, but I definitely think progress has been made.

After all, it's not as if we've had a comprehensive rebuilding of the squad (as we did with Burley, who brought in: Fyssas, Bednar, Jankauskas, Brellier, Rudi, Pospisil): Csaba has signed Balogh (3 clean sheets in a row now) Obua (yet to show anything) Tullberg (haven't seen him play much) and Kello (so-so)

With all teams that need to be turned around, it is important to become difficult to beat. Then we can think about building on that solidity to win more games and get European football.

Hopefully in January we will still be in with a shout and be able to sign the right players to push on and get third.

The same dross teams we were losing to last season and the same dross team the hobbits couldn't beat at home last week:)

Great days - ambition levels have reached the ceiling. As long as we can beat teams that Hibs lose to then we're all sorted?!?! Can I suggest that if you are so obsessed with Hibs ,like a lot of posters on here ,that you just go to Tynie one week and then go down to Easter Road and head for the away end on alternate Saturdays....and shout as much as you want.

Great days - ambition levels have reached the ceiling. As long as we can beat teams that Hibs lose to then we're all sorted?!?! Can I suggest that if you are so obsessed with Hibs ,like a lot of posters on here ,that you just go to Tynie one week and then go down to Easter Road and head for the away end on alternate Saturdays....and shout as much as you want.

Not actually read any such posts saying that everything is all rosey in the garden and Hearts have reached any particular levels of ambition, only supporters delighted to see their team (for now at least) return to winning ways and hopefully heading in the right direction

Whereas mystery posters like your goodself seem strangely dissapointed with this current up turn in results...:cool:

Nucky Thompson
They're our local rivals. That's what local rivals do, compare their results or achievements to each other:rolleyes:

Not only is it 3 wins on the trot - it's 1 defeat in six matches. that defeat was to the team leading the league.

I'm not saying we are there yet, but I definitely think progress has been made.

After all, it's not as if we've had a comprehensive rebuilding of the squad (as we did with Burley, who brought in: Fyssas, Bednar, Jankauskas, Brellier, Rudi, Pospisil): Csaba has signed Balogh (3 clean sheets in a row now) Obua (yet to show anything) Tullberg (haven't seen him play much) and Kello (so-so)

With all teams that need to be turned around, it is important to become difficult to beat. Then we can think about building on that solidity to win more games and get European football.

Hopefully in January we will still be in with a shout and be able to sign the right players to push on and get third.

The "hard to beat period" can be hard for fans as fluidity is sacrificed to do so, but it`s where all or most managers start from to eventually build a good team.

Jefferies and Levein done it. Levein was quoted saying it when he first came in. He recognised the need to stop shipping poor goals in bundles.

They both got good defenders in and organised the team to work hard for each other and make it difficult for opponents. Once the defence was settled the teams were tweaked with more quality which gave us more threat upfront.

The big thing is January. Vlad has taken a pounding from the fans over the last two windows and i just wonder if he`ll eventually buy some real quality if we are still going well?

Guest Fabuloso
They're our local rivals. That's what local rivals do, compare their results or achievements to each other:rolleyes:

I'm sure Man Utd would disagree..

Three points at Inverness is always a good three points. We played the weaker teams at home earlier in the season apart from Hamilton so personally I'm happy to see us winning on the road.

Nucky Thompson
I'm sure Man Utd would disagree..
United do it with Liverpool who they see as a bigger rival than City:)

The big thing is January. Vlad has taken a pounding from the fans over the last two windows and i just wonder if he`ll eventually buy some real quality if we are still going well?

What is more important than signing players is working with the ones we have to bring them to a level where they all know their roles in the team when selected and that they work together as a team.

I don't care if we do not sign any players but would like to see us release a few.

What is more important than signing players is working with the ones we have to bring them to a level where they all know their roles in the team when selected and that they work together as a team.I don't care if we do not sign any players but would like to see us release a few.

Agree, but im not wanting the daft 11 or 12 signings vlad usually makes! Surely you must see we need to improve?

January is an ideal time to ship out the players who have and probably will never feature and add in one or two shrewd signings added to complement the squad.

Agree, but im not wanting the daft 11 or 12 signings vlad usually makes! Surely you must see we need to improve?

January is an ideal time to ship out the players who have and probably will never feature and add in one or two shrewd signings added to complement the squad.

I'd rather we bring in no other players than that.

If we are lucky enough to be able to bring in a player or two that can improve the squad then great but we really need to offload the garbage.

I thought we'd be 3rd or 4th and I think we'll finish 3rd or 4th.

The standard of entertainment and quality we are getting this season though, is worse than its been for a good few years.

As long as we are moving forwards though, and I think we are moving forwards, although its painfully slow movement, then we shouldnt really be whining I suppose.

Guest Fabuloso
I thought we'd be 3rd or 4th and I think we'll finish 3rd or 4th.

The standard of entertainment and quality we are getting this season though, is worse than its been for a good few years.

As long as we are moving forwards though, and I think we are moving forwards, although its painfully slow movement, then we shouldnt really be whining I suppose.

Movings forwards from which point can I ask?

You think?

Last season was a lot worse IMO.

Still a long way to go this campaign right enough but for example, As poor as Wednesday was, I don't think it was as bad as many performances against lesser opposition last season.

Archived