Ex-paramilitary Michael Stone guilty of attempted murder

Therapist

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love his "performance art" excuse.

Artists are very creative individuals though.....:)

I love how certain people are trying to insinuate feelings re this story but dont have the guts to just come out and say it.

I love how certain people are trying to insinuate feelings re this story but dont have the guts to just come out and say it.

That's disgraceful if true. :sad:

Name and shame.

mod delete

jamboinglasgow

the guys is a psycho, a complete looney and quite rightly deserves to be in jail.

Though its funny seeing him getting held by two security guards.

the guys is a psycho, a complete looney and quite rightly deserves to be in jail.

Though its funny seeing him getting held by two security guards.

Especially the female, running around with his gun in a 'keystone cops' fashion... :eek:

portobellojambo1
I think that'll be him behind bars for the rest of his natural.

Interesting article on BBC about what they perceived as his motivation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7729744.stm

The bag contained explosive fireworks, flammable liquids, a butane gas canister and fuses. It failed to explode.

He was found to have seven nail bombs which the court heard were capable of causing death or serious injury to anyone in their proximity.

Stone also had three knives, a hatchet and a garrotte.

I think it is safe to assume he didn't just pop in for somebody's autograph.

The bag contained explosive fireworks, flammable liquids, a butane gas canister and fuses. It failed to explode.

He was found to have seven nail bombs which the court heard were capable of causing death or serious injury to anyone in their proximity.

Stone also had three knives, a hatchet and a garrotte.

I think it is safe to assume he didn't just pop in for somebody's autograph.

I dunno pal,i tried to get Graham Rixs with a similar arsenal.

I read his book years ago. He basically despised a lot of both the republican and loyalist paramilitaries for being gangsters without ideals.

Still a nutjob though.

I read his book years ago. He basically despised a lot of both the republican and loyalist paramilitaries for being gangsters without ideals.

Still a nutjob though.

I read his book as well Legend. I just think he is a psychopathic Walter Mitty.

I just think he is a psychopathic Walter Mitty.

Was he married to a Bollywood star? ;)

Still a nutjob though.

So he's a gangster with ideals? :mw_confused:

I read his book as well Legend. I just think he is a psychopathic Walter Mitty.

Aye, you could be right.

I can still remember his one-man Milltown operation open jawed.

I can also remember what happened at the subsequent funeral of the republican terrorist he killed that day.

Grim stuff watching the footage from the helicopter.

So he's a gangster with ideals? :mw_confused:

His claim was that half the power brokers on both sides believed in their respective causes. This did include using organised crime to fund their paramilitary operations but the money went to the respective causes.

The other half simply used the troubles as an excuse to make money for themselves. They were simply gangsters for whom the troubles were a convenient cover.

His claim was that half the power brokers on both sides believed in their respective causes. This did include using organised crime to fund their paramilitary operations but the money went to the respective causes.

The other half simply used the troubles as an excuse to make money for themselves. They were simply gangsters for whom the troubles were a convenient cover.

I doubt he was far wrong - but he certainly sounds a good few french fries short of a value meal, to say the least. :eek:

Nucky Thompson
Aye, you could be right.

I can still remember his one-man Milltown operation open jawed.

I can also remember what happened at the subsequent funeral of the republican terrorist he killed that day.

Grim stuff watching the footage from the helicopter.

I remember his operation as well. Was the subsequent funeral the day two plain clothed army guys drove down the wrong street and got trapped and murdered by the Provos?

I remember his operation as well. Was the subsequent funeral the day two plain clothed army guys drove down the wrong street and got trapped and murdered by the Provos?

Yes, their car was blocked in by black cabs, they were dragged from their car into a taxi, driven away to be beaten and tortured. Then dumped on wasteground and murdered in cold blood.

Stone was an idealist like Gusty Spence before him - he had little time for the people like Adair who were gangsters first loyalists second.

The story I was told from my bro who lives in Belfast was that one of them was a newbie and the other had thought it would be a great idea to show off by antagonising the funeral procession and they had actually been following it for some time at close quarters before they got jumped.

(Not that this excuses what happened, just thought I'd mention what I heard at the time).

Stone was an idealist like Gusty Spence before him - he had little time for the people like Adair who were gangsters first loyalists second.

No he wasent. He is just plain mental. I read his book and decided he was full of his own self importance and a lunatic maverick. He carried out the Milltown attack off his own back. Nobody else would support him.

The story I was told from my bro who lives in Belfast was that one of them was a newbie and the other had thought it would be a great idea to show off by antagonising the funeral procession and they had actually been following it for some time at close quarters before they got jumped.

(Not that this excuses what happened, just thought I'd mention what I heard at the time).

They were rumoured to be a covert 14th Det team.

What is the difference between a paramilitary and a terrorist?

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, or so they say.

although not connected, my wife bought me a duffle coat last week - nice 'n' cosy

How long is it? :)

No he wasent. He is just plain mental. I read his book and decided he was full of his own self importance and a lunatic maverick. He carried out the Milltown attack off his own back. Nobody else would support him.

Often what an "idealist is"!

MacDonald Jardine
One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, or so they say.

So deluded terrorist apologists say.

The peace that McGuinness and his murderers broke in the first place?

Of course there was no wrongs on the other side. The way the British government treated the Irish was disgraceful, no wonder they said enough is enough and started the Civil Right's movement in the 1960's.

Can't remember the British blowing up innocent civillians....

Whereas the Black and Tans' behaviour was just exemplary, wasn't it?

The troubles started in part because Catholics were sick of being treated like second class citizens. I deplore what McGuinness and his ilk did, but it was a political problem, as was ultimately recognised and partly resolved. If Adams and McGuinness had been assassinated, it'd have been an absolute disaster for the people of Northern Ireland: simple as that.

I disagree. It would have been delightful to see McGuiness and Adams slaughtered like the terrorists they are. Oh and Lawson, you tell my mate's mother who was killed by the IRA that it was political.

MOD EDIT

MacDonald Jardine
Whereas the Black and Tans' behaviour was just exemplary, wasn't it?

The troubles started in part because Catholics were sick of being treated like second class citizens. I deplore what McGuinness and his ilk did, but it was a political problem, as was ultimately recognised and partly resolved. If Adams and McGuinness had been assassinated, it'd have been an absolute disaster for the people of Northern Ireland: simple as that.

In part?

What was the other part?

For much of the Provisional IRA's time Catholics were not treated as second class citizens.

Even before that a number of their complaints related to issues which affected working class Protestants in exactly the same way.

If you look at Sinn Fein's manifesto, the political problem was the lack of a Marxist state in all Ireland.

That isn't a great deal closer.

And they always had the option of cultivating success at the ballot box, which they managed in part through intimidation and fraud.

Terrorism is never the answer to a political problem, certainly not in a democracy.

Archived