New Striker..............

Clerry Jambo

This concerns me for 2 reasons.

I think elliott has founf his level in the 1st division and if i was him i would be staying htere for the time being.

The 2nd thing is that i doubt very much that we will go out and sign a striker as Clum will "be like a new signing". We need to get rid of the like of him mole and makela and bring in a goalscorer.

ANDY KIRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh FFS

Wrong decision for all concerned.

By the time elliot left he hated this club and had no desire to play for us, 5 months won't have changed that

He must stay at Livi all season, either that or an SPL club, come next summer if he is still playing this well then yes we will have him back, but not enough time has passed for anything to change.

He will no doubt be booed as soon as he reappears

and for those who say he has found his level, clearly being top of the scoring acts and widely accepted as the start player in the 1st div this season means he is below his level, the gap between SPL and 1st is really not that big either..

At the bottom of the article it is good to see that Valdas has found a job outside of the pyramid ... oops except he hasn't!

As for Elliot, if he is fit and with better motivation I would put him behind Nade in our list of strikers. Tullberg has shown nothing so far except being injured, Mole has had his chance for now, Makela is a limited player and Ksnavicius should make room for Elliot in the squad in January.

Guest JamboRobbo

I think Elliot is a decent footballer, who may or may not be able to make it at the top level. He needs to develop in strength/pace IMO, which probably explains why he can produce at a slightly lower level where the defenders are a yard slower.....

He's still young and may well make that leap. I remember watching a young striker at Millwall Richard Sadlier, who was similar in style to Elliot. He was useless one year, but the next year he was a star, just because he was a little bigger and a little faster and a little stronger.

Perhaps that can be the case with Elliot.

In general, we need to rotate our youngsters a bit more if things aren't going well for them. Continuing to persevere with Elliot when he was playing poorly last year hurt his reputation with the fans, and no doubt the players confidence and desire to play for HMFC. We're currently doing exactly the same thing with Jamie Mole - continuing to expose a young player when he's not producing.

Say What Again
At the bottom of the article it is good to see that Valdas has found a job outside of the pyramid ... oops except he hasn't!

As for Elliot, if he is fit and with better motivation I would put him behind Nade in our list of strikers. Tullberg has shown nothing so far except being injured, Mole has had his chance for now, Makela is a limited player and Ksnavicius should make room for Elliot in the squad in January.

I'd like to see all 4 of them 'make room' for another 2 strikers.

I'd like to see all 4 of them 'make room' for another 2 strikers.

Easiest one to improve the quality of the squad is to end the loan player's loan and replace Ksnavicius with Elliot.

Harder to move players on who have full contracts.

Guest gorgie kev

Oh FFS i was having a good start to the weekend till i read this:mad:

Please don't let this turkey anywhere near the team again.

Easiest one to improve the quality of the squad is to end the loan player's loan and replace Ksnavicius with Elliot.

elliot has found his level he should stick there

If he was to come back then the above is a good idea

Say What Again

I agree Coco. Sadly though, I don't thin we'll see anyone returning to Kaunas in January.

Mole and Clum may also be harder to shift as you say, I don't think big Juho will be short of admirers though.

Guest JamboRobbo
Good reply above jambo-robbo :)

You realise it was implicitly critical of the management for keeping over-exposing these guys?

Is my cheque in the post? :P;)

I agree Coco. Sadly though, I don't thin we'll see anyone returning to Kaunas in January.

Mole and Clum may also be harder to shift as you say, I don't think big Juho will be short of admirers though.

Starting line up with mole and clum... can you imagine it!!!

makes me sick!!

Ironic that this comes on the eve of an Inverness away game.

I thought he had maybe turned the corner up there last season with his brace.

Ironic that this comes on the eve of an Inverness away game.

I thought he had maybe turned the corner up there last season with his brace.

Thats right and IIRC they were both pretty decent goals!!

Well there is a couple of ways to look at this

1. He has found his level and he should remain there.

2. He wasnt played in the right way at Hearts suffered a lack of confidence and was abused by the fans

Personally i find the truth somewhere in between i think perhaps in a front 2 he wouldnt be any worse than Mole or Makela however that for me doesnt say too much as neither of those players should be near a Hearts team.

What i hated with Elliott is that he blamed everyone else we saw it on the pitch numerous times when he would shrug his shoulders, moan and not really look that interested.

He had a rich vein of form when the whole team was playing well however that may well have been a bit of a red herring the question is when did he ever stand out when the team was struggling.

I know he is young but his attitude stank he has not consistantly knuckled down when he was here and while i appreciate that it was a difficult time at the club a young guy desperate to make it would have shown more.

Mole, Makela and Elliott and Ksan all have to make way for the likes of 2 more strikers bought and bringing through youngsters

Please somebody tell me this is a 'Barry Anderson Understands' story. Calum Elliot is a 1st Division player, he can't do it in the SPL, he is Denis Wyness (I would have said Jamie Mole but he proved he can't even score in the 1st Division never mind the SPL)

Please somebody tell me this is a 'Barry Anderson Understands' story. Calum Elliot is a 1st Division player, he can't do it in the SPL, he is Denis Wyness (I would have said Jamie Mole but he proved he can't even score in the 1st Division never mind the SPL)

There are some positives about this story, it's going to help a lot of people make up their mind when next years seasons ticket renewals drop through the letter box !!! :eek: :eek:

rudi must stay
My first thought was "oh god - please no!!!!".

Second thought is that he can't be any worse than Audrey or Mole.

exactly. We already have a crap strikeforce what's the harm in bringing him back

The way I see it just now is that he scored goals in a good set up, is pretty keech in a bad set up, we currently have a mediocre set up imo so he would be mediocre.

Surely to god, Uganda or Lithuania must have a half way decent right back, right mid, attacking centre mid and striker(or two)?

scott herbertson
I think Elliot is a decent footballer, who may or may not be able to make it at the top level. He needs to develop in strength/pace IMO, which probably explains why he can produce at a slightly lower level where the defenders are a yard slower.....

He's still young and may well make that leap. I remember watching a young striker at Millwall Richard Sadlier, who was similar in style to Elliot. He was useless one year, but the next year he was a star, just because he was a little bigger and a little faster and a little stronger.

Perhaps that can be the case with Elliot.

In general, we need to rotate our youngsters a bit more if things aren't going well for them. Continuing to persevere with Elliot when he was playing poorly last year hurt his reputation with the fans, and no doubt the players confidence and desire to play for HMFC. We're currently doing exactly the same thing with Jamie Mole - continuing to expose a young player when he's not producing.

I agree entirely - Mole needs a rest and Elliot didn't get rested when he needed it. Not sure if the fans are patient enough to give him the time even if he has improved enough (which I doubt)

If Elliot does return then we need to get behind him and keep his confindence going, him and nade could be a decent partnership

Generic Username

I can only hope talk of Elliott returning by Csaba is some kind of PR stunt to force a clubs hand into making a bid for him as we might want him back again.

Elliott is not the answer.

Archived