The great lie

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick
What a load of SH*** you talk!!

I have followed Hearts for fekin Years, Mercer, Pieman and before both, NEVER stopped going because of the way the club was run then, HATE Lieman with a ferkin vengence, But the manager picked the team, 90% of the time they tried their best, not always good to watch, except 86 & 98 of course, BUT they gave it their all, most of the time...Have'nt had a season ticket for the last 2 years, Why the Ferk should I pay to watch a load of underachieving ****wits who couldn't give a **** if they win, lose or draw??

Madfud is killing this club, some say slowly, I think the ^^^^ can't wait!!

Csaba jumps around like Dancing Fekin Homer, doesn't mean he knows what he's doing, Honestly, When he first came and spoke to the Journos, I thought Brilliant, what enthusiasm, sounds like a good man manager, and doesn't look like someone the players will **** about with...Now, he sounds like an idiot with his ramblings, looks like an idiot with his jumping around, and his formaton, 4-5-1...2 wins great, 2 bottom clubs, not exactly emphatic scraped both games 1-0....Csabas another puppet, Madfuds a lunatic, Hearts are in SERIOUS trouble!!!

Rant Over...:mad:

QED ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ex-pats do have one advantage. We can, in hindsight, see what a bunch of torn faced gits most Scots are and we understand and expect unbelievable levels of whining and moaning from the populace back in Scotland regardless of the positives or negatives of any particular situation.

It's easy to say that when you don't watch the dross served up to us.

If you actually were in this country and were watching the dross served up to us, i'd be staggered if you didn't moan.

Geoff Kilpatrick
What if it's the owners performance (when it comes to interference in team matters) that is what's stopping us from having a winning team?

Is that the same as "killing the club"?

As I said, I'm not defending Romanov at all. I'm saying the hyperbole is unnecessary.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If you actually were in this country and were watching the dross served up to us, i'd be staggered if you didn't moan.

FYI, I watch any Hearts game that is televised over here.

Is that the same as "killing the club"?

As I said, I'm not defending Romanov at all. I'm saying the hyperbole is unnecessary.

Killing the club is your phrase not mine.

Everyone knows that Burley was the one killing the club.

Yawn. Eventually people are going to run out of ways to dress up the 'pro-Romanov/I'm a better fan than you because I'll keep supporting the club until Romanov shuts us down' posts.

It's **** all to do with winning or losing, it's all to do with knowing you're supporting a team on the pitch picked for footballing reasons and doing their absolutely ****ing best for the club whilst they have that maroon strip on.

There's not too much whining on here about Romanov and the running of the club, there's nowhere near enough.

FYI, I watch any Hearts game that is televised over here.

You may think that watching games on the telly in sunny Oz is the same as sitting watching absolute pish on a cold, wet, miserable afternoon to see overpaid half-wits who can't be arsed caring enough for those that pay good money to get into the ground.

I don't.

Indeed, what annoys us so much about Romanov, deep down, is that he funded one of the best sides in Hearts history and then dismantled it, meaning that the return to mediocrity rankles with us. Therefore, if Romanov was to fund a decent side again (not saying he will and I don't think he will) I think a large number of people would rapidly revise their opinion of him, despite their previous comments and all this "killing the club" wailing would disappear.

What I have come to accept (reluctantly), Geoff, is that Romanov will likely dismantle any team that becomes successful as his agenda appears to be to sell players (for a profit) with Hearts being just the shop window in his pyramid selling scheme.

Nothing has convinced me otherwise since the Burley squad was dismantled.

Is Romanov "killing the club" - NO in my opinion. Apart from the occasional cup win in recent years Hearts have been as they are now: average.

Chris Robinson almost killed the club with his ineptitude, Romanov may not be fulfilling his foolish initial boasts but I do not see him intentionally trying to bring the club down.

I've watched dross before in a Hearts shirt and I am watching it again. Mind you there is currently a lot of dross about in the SPL.

What I have come to accept (reluctantly), Geoff, is that Romanov will likely dismantle any team that becomes successful as his agenda appears to be to sell players (for a profit) with Hearts being just the shop window in his pyramid selling scheme.

Nothing has convinced me otherwise since the Burley squad was dismantled.

Is Romanov "killing the club" - NO in my opinion. Apart from the occasional cup win in recent years Hearts have been as they are now: average.

Chris Robinson almost killed the club with his ineptitude, Romanov may not be fulfilling his foolish initial boasts but I do not see him intentionally trying to bring the club down.

I've watched dross before in a Hearts shirt and I am watching it again. Mind you there is currently a lot of dross about in the SPL.

True. I think we are lucky this season that the standard of the football in the SPL is pretty poor, that's why we are 4th. I think this season we should take every point we get.

I had a season ticket back in the Parker days and up until '98 when I left Scotland (with a few gap years) . It was utter dross for 90% of that time too and yes I moaned.

My point is that once you get away from it you realise what a torn faced nation that Scotland is and you realise why it's inhabitants will never be happy.

Scots are only happy when they are moaning their tits off about this, that and the next thing. The Victor Meldrew nation.

Indeed, what annoys us so much about Romanov, deep down, is that he funded one of the best sides in Hearts history and then dismantled it, meaning that the return to mediocrity rankles with us.

He turned out not to be Santa Claus after all.

I had a season ticket back in the Parker days and up until '98 when I left Scotland (with a few gap years) . It was utter dross for 90% of that time too and yes I moaned.

My point is that once you get away from it you realise what a torn faced nation that Scotland is and you realise why it's inhabitants will never be happy.

Scots are only happy when they are moaning their tits off about this, that and the next thing. The Victor Meldrew nation.

Most of my mates and family are positive successful people. Maybe you were just rubbish so only attracted rubbish friends?

Moaning is what takes place on messageboards but we can pretend that its only scottish messageboards to suit your agenda if you like?

Guest JamboRobbo

Keep the racist comments to yourself please.

However you might feel about this country, generalising like that about all the people in a country is racist.

Guest Dipped Flake

I can only say thank God you ****ed off to Australia as surely Scotland is a much better nation without the likes of you.

Guest JamboRobbo
i don't think you would tbh, I think you like to moan, It helps you get through the day. :rolleyes:

oh well, thats me told how I think by someone else eh :rolleyes:

Keep the racist comments to yourself please.

However you might feel about this country, generalising like that about all the people in a country is racist.

Can a native of a country be racist about his own country? Not sure. Maybe just reflective.

Generalisations are often based firmly on fact though mate and I can assure you that having lived in Scotland, England, Australia and spent 6 months in USA and Canada that nobody comes close to the Scots for being moaning faced gits. Some of you cannae see the wood for the trees though.

Guest JamboRobbo
Can a native of a country be racist about his own country? Not sure. Maybe just reflective.

Generalisations are often based firmly on fact though mate and I can assure you that having lived in Scotland, England, Australia and spent 6 months in USA and Canada that nobody comes close to the Scots for being moaning faced gits. Some of you cannae see the wood for the trees though.

I'm sure it's not meant that way, but if you say something about Scots in general, and it's derogatory (which certainly I at least saw it as), it basically is becoming a racial (or at least country) type slur.

As I said I'm sure thats not how it was intended. :food-smiley-004:

I'm sure it's not meant that way, but if you say something about Scots in general, and it's derogatory (which certainly I at least saw it as), it basically is becoming a racial (or at least country) type slur.

As I said I'm sure thats not how it was intended. :food-smiley-004:

I love being Scottish and wouldn't change that, but it has to be said that an lot more good would come of a wee bit of positive thinking. Maybe ScottJambo and his family and friends could go and do some training courses. DippedFlake (Filled Rolls alter ego) would make a good starting point. :P

Thunderstruck

I struggle to see the logic in this. Surely, players in a winning team, competing for trophies and being in the media spotlight will command a higher price. Would Craig Gordon have sold for ?9m if he was in the current team?

boabyarsebiscuit
Each to their own. I didn't realise boarding a plane in January disqualified me from having an opinion but hey ho!

All I'm trying to say is that this wailing and gnashing of teeth over the owner's performance shouldn't be used as a mask when saying what people want, viz. a winning football team.

A winning team would certainly be a bonus. But I would take a losing team if the club treated its employees with respect (pay them on time, don't cheat them in contract negotiations, reward good performance and remove favouritism), its fanbase with respect (no more Romanov picked 4-5-1 tripe coached by yet another rubbish puppet manager), its suppliers with respect (pay bills in a timely manner), ... you get the picture.

Guest jambomickey
A winning team would certainly be a bonus. But I would take a losing team if the club treated its employees with respect (pay them on time, don't cheat them in contract negotiations, reward good performance and remove favouritism), its fanbase with respect (no more Romanov picked 4-5-1 tripe coached by yet another rubbish puppet manager), its suppliers with respect (pay bills in a timely manner), ... you get the picture.

spot on!

Here we are the pro V's Anti Romanov debate, one which will probably never end no matter what happens.

A lot of people are quick to forget the good Romanov HAS actually done since buying us. And also dont realise the magnitude of Hearts problems even before he stepped compared to now.

Before Romanov came in we were facing the possibility of having to move from our home to a stadium which would have been like a ghost town on match days, making not much income if at all any by the time rent would be paid for it and policing etc etc. There was a very rea possibility of us going down the pan had that happened, a situation which was and would have been a lot closer than i believe we are in now. VR came in and stopped that from happening.

Lets look at some other issues, which I believe are the cause of a lot of problems. I genuinely think Vlad got it wrong and totally misjudged the SPL when he xcame over here. I think all he thought he needed to do was wave a few extra pounds towards the team and we would win the league, where in reality it takes a lot more. He got the figures wrong, and since then has been trying to repair his mistake at the detriment to the team so far. We have seen signs he is trying to clear the debt and reduce it, many of us dont like it, were being left with sub standard or less that what we expected or used to team on the pitch, but what way would people rather have it? Money being splashed on the team and debt increasing just so we can TRY and catch the OF who no matter what anyone says can and would always just outspend us. Soon as we look a threat to them they just go out buy more players etc. Or would people rather have debt reducing measures going on as is happening just now? Its easy to say there should be a compromise between the two but getting that compromise is not as easy a task as you may think. The hobos have went through the debt reducing and suffered because of it, Rangers have suffered because of their debt reducing and will continue to do so. Albeit their suffering can and will see them still in a better position than ourselves due to size of the club.

Vlad also never expected that not only would he have the OF to contend with in this country but a very hostile media towards anyone that dares challenge their beloved two from Glasgow.

Were all unhappy at other issues, ie team meddling, manager scenarios etc and quite rightly so. Nothing would probably please us all more than to have someone else come in buy us and spend money on the team, but unless that someone is a retired multi millionare who doesnt mind throwing his money away or an Abramovich type guy then we have to face the reality of its never going to happen, football unfortunately is a business whether we like it or not, and like all business's they want to make money directly or indirectly. We are in a very unique position compared to other Scottish clubs and its this uniquness that sets us apart from the rest and opens the floodgates to critiscism. Its easy to critiscise or be afraid of something you dont know anything about.

At the end of the day I believe the mad one is here for the long haul, Ultimately I do think he wants us to do well, not because he is a fan or loves us but because he needs us to do well, for his long term plans to pay off. If that means going through a few years of transition to correct his mistakes then thats the price we are paying for the 05/06 team.

MacDonald Jardine
Yes but in most of these cases the playing squad at the time were at least trying to dig us out of the hole. Giving everything they had in the name of the club.

Right now we have no leadership on or off the park and it seems that the only people who care are the fans.

Is that right?

Have you read Gary Mackay's book, particularly the bit covering the late 70s/ early 80s?

I don't remember anyone at the time saying "Aye but they're honest Scottish laddies trying their best".

The fact is the vast majority refusing to go now would have bailed well before we first got relegated in the 70s.

...The fact is the vast majority refusing to go now would have bailed well before we first got relegated in the 70s.

That's not a fact, it's your opinion.

An opinion i don't agree with either. The fact is, i know several people that i used to go to watch Hearts in the first division with but don't go anymore.

I'm not claiming that all the stay aways are in the same boat but the fact is, all those i know that no longer go to games (or only pick and choose games) are long term fans. The only ones i know that still go about giving VR time are the 'new' fans.

Guest JamboRobbo
DippedFlake (Filled Rolls alter ego) would make a good starting point. :P

Really? I've been wasting my time on here arguing with a Hobo? Aghhhh..

Here we are the pro V's Anti Romanov debate, one which will probably never end no matter what happens.

A lot of people are quick to forget the good Romanov HAS actually done since buying us. And also dont realise the magnitude of Hearts problems even before he stepped compared to now.

Before Romanov came in we were facing the possibility of having to move from our home to a stadium which would have been like a ghost town on match days, making not much income if at all any by the time rent would be paid for it and policing etc etc. There was a very rea possibility of us going down the pan had that happened, a situation which was and would have been a lot closer than i believe we are in now. VR came in and stopped that from happening.

Lets look at some other issues, which I believe are the cause of a lot of problems. I genuinely think Vlad got it wrong and totally misjudged the SPL when he xcame over here. I think all he thought he needed to do was wave a few extra pounds towards the team and we would win the league, where in reality it takes a lot more. He got the figures wrong, and since then has been trying to repair his mistake at the detriment to the team so far. We have seen signs he is trying to clear the debt and reduce it, many of us dont like it, were being left with sub standard or less that what we expected or used to team on the pitch, but what way would people rather have it? Money being splashed on the team and debt increasing just so we can TRY and catch the OF who no matter what anyone says can and would always just outspend us. Soon as we look a threat to them they just go out buy more players etc. Or would people rather have debt reducing measures going on as is happening just now? Its easy to say there should be a compromise between the two but getting that compromise is not as easy a task as you may think. The hobos have went through the debt reducing and suffered because of it, Rangers have suffered because of their debt reducing and will continue to do so. Albeit their suffering can and will see them still in a better position than ourselves due to size of the club.

Vlad also never expected that not only would he have the OF to contend with in this country but a very hostile media towards anyone that dares challenge their beloved two from Glasgow.

Were all unhappy at other issues, ie team meddling, manager scenarios etc and quite rightly so. Nothing would probably please us all more than to have someone else come in buy us and spend money on the team, but unless that someone is a retired multi millionare who doesnt mind throwing his money away or an Abramovich type guy then we have to face the reality of its never going to happen, football unfortunately is a business whether we like it or not, and like all business's they want to make money directly or indirectly. We are in a very unique position compared to other Scottish clubs and its this uniquness that sets us apart from the rest and opens the floodgates to critiscism. Its easy to critiscise or be afraid of something you dont know anything about.

At the end of the day I believe the mad one is here for the long haul, Ultimately I do think he wants us to do well, not because he is a fan or loves us but because he needs us to do well, for his long term plans to pay off. If that means going through a few years of transition to correct his mistakes then thats the price we are paying for the 05/06 team.

Totally agree!! Common sense AT LAST!!!!

Romanov is a fan piece. He is not running us to be the best we can be. For me that is his cardinal sin and the sooner he does one the better.

That's not a fact, it's your opinion.

An opinion i don't agree with either. The fact is, i know several people that i used to go to watch Hearts in the first division with but don't go anymore.

I'm not claiming that all the stay aways are in the same boat but the fact is, all those i know that no longer go to games (or only pick and choose games) are long term fans. The only ones i know that still go about giving VR time are the 'new' fans.

The crowds in these days were a lot, lot smaller than they are just now. FACT!!!!

Away support was good, at times, but home crowds were often dreadful.

I am sure the London Hearts website would confirm this, so I can call this a FACT.

I have been supporting Hearts for over 40 years and these were very dark days indeed. There were many, many games when the players were not playing for the jersey, however, this is my opinion.

Some Hearts fans chose to have short memories!!!

There is no doubt if Romanov set about to create divisiveness he has succeeded probably higher than he anticipated. I certainly concede that distance to an extent lowers ones ability to have that hands on feel that is derived from being physically at a location.

Having said that it does not diminish the ability to empathise with those directly involved, as most if not all of we ex-pats have suffered to some extent the agonies of Tynecastle under questionable management, and under achieving teams, being observed under conditions that were probably more stormy than that experienced fishing in the North Sea. In my own day that was when the only cover provided was that of the old stand. To say that the enclosure in those days was covered was a lie to the extreme.

With regard to the subject matter, I would find it hard to believe that anyone would suggest that Romanov's management systems are what we are used to, however having Russian billionaires buying Scottish teams is a paradox I never expected to see. Although most of us see the problems, strangely enough as has been said often here they are not really new. I personally have seen and heard the stoic Tommy Walker sitting in the front row of the directors box being abused about team performance. Strangely enough there was a similarity although possibly extreme between Tommy and Romanov. Both came in and provided Hearts with something they hadn't seen for many years teams of quality and, success. Although Romanov's team disintegrated faster the fan reaction was the same in both cases.

When I left Scotland Hearts had never been relegated, when they were there was no internet, so I was never able to gauge fan reaction, I would suspect it was similar to now. The end of the team, its all over, can we survive etc. The one thing it did have was the demise at the time was the responsibility of all Scots people. And to be honest, I suspect that some of the present feeling exists in a way of some people hoping for a self fulfilling prophesy of Hearts demise , primarily because of the ethnicity of the owner.

One of the things I have learned as an ex-pat is that as I had always believed the Scots were the most successful of all Nations, and some other Nationals were all stupid and only survived because of us. This of course was the height of stupidity and I soon realised that although different to us in many different ways were as competent and successful as anyone else.

In conclusion the point I would like to make is that Hearts are not going to die, there may be hard times ahead but this entity of history and tradition of endurance will survive.

And throughout all these times, the same fans were staying away because of it.

I must stress, it wasn't because the football was crap, Hearts weren't winning, and they don't have the moral loyalty, or backbone, to support their team regardless, It was because all these people, were killing the club :)

You don't half slaver some utter pesh,so you do.

Vlad has turned Heart of Midlothian Football Club into the biggest laughing stock in Scottish footballing history.

Why should I ,or anyone for that matter,throw good money into something that is little more than a discarded toy for some megalomaniac to trumpet on about how bad Scottish football is.

Don't think for one minute that you are the "best fan in the world" because you turn up now,I would bet that there are hundreds of fans who have invested more time,effort and money than you that have had enough.

As I say you talk utter p15h.

Cardiac Rucksack

I think as is general when people look to the past they tend to highlight the good times rather than the bad. We have been as bad as we are just now in recent memory. SOme choose to forget this and berate the current squad continually and thats their choice.

I think as is general when people look to the past they tend to highlight the good times rather than the bad. We have been as bad as we are just now in recent memory. SOme choose to forget this and berate the current squad continually and thats their choice.

So how bad is it if supporters(long term supporters)are now turning their back's on Hearts,thats how bad it is mate.

Never in all my years of supporting Hearts have I seen supporters walk away in such large numbers(season ticket wise),one mans idiotic ways have forced supporters away,not brought them in as some would have you believe(that was down to some exellent marketing by Anderton).

No owner/chairman or what ever you want to call him has had such an impact on driving fans away more than Vlad.

So how bad is it if supporters(long term supporters)are now turning their back's on Hearts,thats how bad it is mate.

Never in all my years of supporting Hearts have I seen supporters walk away in such large numbers(season ticket wise),one mans idiotic ways have forced supporters away,not brought them in as some would have you believe(that was down to some exellent marketing by Anderton).

No owner/chairman or what ever you want to call him has had such an impact on driving fans away more than Vlad.

What utter nonsense!!!!!!

You should have tried supported them in the 70/80s!!!!!!!!!!!

We have far more season ticket holders now than we had then. At times , crowds were often below 4000 FACT.

Hearts lost thousands of fans the night Ayr United (at least I think it was Ayr) beat us at Tynecastle, to relagate us for the first time in our history. Shop windows in Gorgie were smaahed and I can assure you that feelings were a lot, lot worse than they are today.

Have a look on the London Hearts site to see how bad we were. Perhaps this would not fit your agenda.

What utter nonsense!!!!!!

We have far more season ticket holders now than we had then. At times , crowds were often below 4000 FACT.

Hearts lost thousands of fans the night Ayr United (at least I think it was Ayr) beat us at Tynecastle, to relagate us for the first time in our history. Shop windows in Gorgie were smaahed and I can assure you that feelings were a lot, lot worse than they are today.

Have a look on the London Hearts site to see how bad we were. Perhaps this would not fit your agenda.

Ah right,so the all knowing oracle know's that I wasn't.

The old 'should have supported them back then' argument must be one of the saddest thrown about. Just because we were sheite back then, run badly and let down by previous regime's does not in anyway excuse the disgraceful way our club has been run for nearly 3 years now. We have been dragged through the mud and used by a man who has no interest in us being in anyway successful. He has made bad decision after bad decision all along thinking he has a clue about the football world. He treats the club and it's fans with utter contempt and yet you let him off with the hook because he is not the first person to take the pi** out of HMFC. Strange viewpoint in my opinion.

Ah right,so the all knowing oracle know's that I wasn't.

No didn't think you had because of the following statement you made:

' Never in all my years of supporting Hearts have I seen supporters walk away in such large numbers'

If you were around in the 70/80s you would know how bad feelings were and how low crowds were!!!!

However, if it is just a case of bad memory I apologise!

Whilst the johhny come latelys and glory hunters cant remember or dont know about the bad times in the past.

I remember standing in the Gorgie end along with a few hundred other fans watching complete dross whilst in the 1st division. At the time i was a lot younger than the guys i went to the matchs with, and was allowed to go with them because they were neighbours and had told my dad i would be ok with them, one of them being a certain under 19's coach now.

There have been worse times. But its human nature to forget them and only cast up and remember the good times. ie the hobos droning on about a 7-0 win which happened some 35 years ago, or their mythical flair football.

People talk about how we will go down the pan etc (Mostly myth and wishfull thinking from pegsellers.net) but there are the few doom and gloom jambos as well. Thing is we were within hours of going out of business completely had it not been for Mercer, and he only got involved through a telephone call urging him to put up some competition to Kenny Waugh who was looking at possibly buying us, that would have been our end as well.

If we had stayed with Robinson I defintely believe we would have been out of business or in administration by now, given there is no way on this planet could he have serviced the 18-20 milion debt we had while he was in charge and that debt was owed to HBOS who would have foreclosed, am i right in thinking they were on the verge of this and this was the reason Robinson was selling Tynecastle?

What will people say when the next set of financial figures are realeased and our debt is standing at approx pre-romanov or less? a reduction of some 16-18 million debt in 2 years, could you name any other clubs outwith the OF that could reduce a debt by that amount in that time? No Chance.

Yes a great team was dismantled for whatever reasons. But lets look at the money that has been brought in by doing so.

Could or would we ever have got 9million for CG before Vlad? NO WAY, we wouldnt have even got half that amount.

Skacel, would Robinson ever have had the insight to buy his contract one week for ?500,000 and sell him a week later or days later for over 1 million?

Bednar similar situation, some 2.3million we will get for him.

Why can we get these fees now? were still HMFC were still in the SPL, its because Romanov can AFFORD to hold out for these fees and no matter what else we think about him can get these players signed knowing he will make money.

It's hard when we see great players playing for a season or two then there sold to the EPL or Championship or other clubs, but is this really any different from what has always happened? the only difference i see now is we are getting a good value for these players whereas before it was the first poxy bid to come in and hands were being bitten off to take it.

We will always be a selling club to bigger teams and bigger leagues, one thing thats changed is the OF cant use us anymore like they did in the past and do to your Killies, Motherwells Hibs and offer ridiculous amounts for players and get them, they know they have to pay full value now if they want someone. Otherwise the player is off to another League. Or they try the underhand tactic ie. Webster. Every player has their price at any club, if someone is willing to pay or a weak board/owner are willing to accept anything.

Charlie-Brown

Rudi your facts don't stack up, more people attend now than levein days, there was more fans at weds midweek v hamilton than saturday 1988

Yes because running up unsubstainable losses and debts every season which now far surpass our assets isnt killing the club

I think it's the b@st@rdisation of the English language that's actually killing the club! :rolleyes:

Guest Dipped Flake
Really? I've been wasting my time on here arguing with a Hobo? Aghhhh..

rest assured JR, you may have been wasting your valuable time by arguing with me but at least it was with a Jambo. Was going to reply to our aussie friend but couldn't work out how to. Can't get my head round why I have suddenly become a hobo. Anyone who wants can check my posts on here and hibsnet and although I talk a pile of **** sometimes, I always support the Hearts

rest assured JR, you may have been wasting your valuable time by arguing with me but at least it was with a Jambo. Was going to reply to our aussie friend but couldn't work out how to. Can't get my head round why I have suddenly become a hobo. Anyone who wants can check my posts on here and hibsnet and although I talk a pile of **** sometimes, I always support the Hearts

DF, JR's sig used to say "avoiding the abuse" but now it appears he's not slow at dishing it out!

Guest JamboRobbo

Fair enough it wasn't time wasted then.

Guest JamboRobbo
DF, JR's sig used to say "avoiding the abuse" but now it appears he's not slow at dishing it out!

Once DF has muppets starting threads about him just to have a go, then he can say he's getting abuse. :P

Guest Dipped Flake

To be fair to JR it was our Aussie friend that was dishing the abuse, at least to me

No didn't think you had because of the following statement you made:

' Never in all my years of supporting Hearts have I seen supporters walk away in such large numbers'

If you were around in the 70/80s you would know how bad feelings were and how low crowds were!!!!

However, if it is just a case of bad memory I apologise!

My old man started taking me to the games around 1973,not every week just now and again,then the older I got the more games we would go to,we even used to go to easter rd one week and Tynecastle the next,he stopped taking me for a year or so in the early 80s because of the trouble,when I left college and started working I went regular 85-86 and from there on ever since up untill this season.

As I say I have never ever known so many fans(one's I know personaly) walk away from Hearts,not because of results,but because of the way the club is run and the way the ordinary fan is treated,the way OUR players were treated,players, even at my age would scramble across a bar floor to talk to,Hearts hero's if you like.

Even through these years of up and down, mediocrity and all the shinanagins of Robinson did it stop me from following Hearts,never once.

That day has came and gone,as I have said before ,this is not the HMFC I once proudly supported as man and boy.

Thats when you know it's that bad.

As I say I have never ever known so many fans (one's I know personaly) walk away from Hearts,not because of results,but because of the way the club is run and the way the ordinary fan is treated blah, blah, blah

And that's the key bit. You're talking about personal anecdotal evidence. For my part, I don't personally know anybody who's walked away from the club like that.

If the situation you describe was widespread then the numbers of people willing to turn out to watch a not particularly good, not particularly bad hearts side in the wake of a dreadfull previous season should now be significantly lower than they were before.

This is evidently not the case. In fact crowds are a bit on high side considering the form of the last couple of seasons.

Three explanations suggest themselves

It could be that there's some exceptional factor that makes the reactions of you and your associates different from the Hearts support in general.

It may be that for every 3 1970s era "diehards" who've thrown in the towel there are 4 new people who were attracted by 2005-06 and instantly became sufficiently attached to not be put off by the subsequent mediocre and then poor seasons or the off-pitch shenanigans..

It could be that you're talking rubbish.

I reckon it's a bit of each

siegementality
There has been a view espoused in some quarters here about the club having lost its soul and other such cant since Romanov has employed his own methods on the club. A commonly held view stated by the same posters usually involves the throwaway "I wouldn't care if we played in a public park to be rid of him etc. etc."

Can someone, therefore, explain to me how this opinion squares with the criticism aimed at Csaba Laszlo? Leaving aside this "committee" thought, let's assume that Csaba was the manager but, hooray, Romanov had left the building. Are you trying to tell me that a mediocre team that had risen to 4th place (as we have done) would have the full backing of our support in these circumstances, because unless we had a new owner willing to splash his or her largesse on the side that is exactly what would happen. I don't think so.

Indeed, what annoys us so much about Romanov, deep down, is that he funded one of the best sides in Hearts history and then dismantled it, meaning that the return to mediocrity rankles with us. Therefore, if Romanov was to fund a decent side again (not saying he will and I don't think he will) I think a large number of people would rapidly revise their opinion of him, despite their previous comments and all this "killing the club" wailing would disappear.

If Romanov had nothing to do with the club and we had a mediocre team they would get my full support, 1013% (Csaba percentage). Apart from one season Hearts have been nothing but mediocre, at best, under Romanov anyway.

I've given my full support to plenty of mediocre Hearts teams in the past, that's not a problem. The club has lost it's Heart and Soul because of the lies and deciet from this regime. The way they have treated people has been disgraceful. The damage Romanov has done to our clubs reputation and standing will take years to repair.

I support Heart of Midlothian Football Club. I do not Support the Romanov regime.

Charlie-Brown

Football & fitba fans & media are fickle as hell, 1 good or bad season & everything before is forgotten, as an example paul le guen was the messiah then a clown etc etc

siegementality
folk could always take the unprecedented step of actually supporting the CLUB with their cash and backing of the team on the pitch, rather than the never ending gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands.

the club needs as much cash as it can get it's hands on, who is going to supply the club with cash if it's own supporters wont?

romanov is showing no signs of leaving or changing his ways so forget all about being conciencious objectors and get cash into the club.

Romanov is a multi-millionaire who owns 90 odd percent of the club. I think it's up to him to get "cash into the club". If he hadn't ruined Hearts reputation with his ramblings and antics I'm sure more people in the business community would have provided money in the form of sponsorship, etc. To a certain degree Romanov has alienated the club from large parts of that market, his fault, not the fault of any "conciencious objectors".

MacDonald Jardine
And that's the key bit. You're talking about personal anecdotal evidence. For my part, I don't personally know anybody who's walked away from the club like that.

If the situation you describe was widespread then the numbers of people willing to turn out to watch a not particularly good, not particularly bad hearts side in the wake of a dreadfull previous season should now be significantly lower than they were before.

This is evidently not the case. In fact crowds are a bit on high side considering the form of the last couple of seasons.

Three explanations suggest themselves

It could be that there's some exceptional factor that makes the reactions of you and your associates different from the Hearts support in general.

It may be that for every 3 1970s era "diehards" who've thrown in the towel there are 4 new people who were attracted by 2005-06 and instantly became sufficiently attached to not be put off by the subsequent mediocre and then poor seasons or the off-pitch shenanigans..

It could be that you're talking rubbish.

I reckon it's a bit of each

It's not my experience either that long term diehards are falling away, although I'm prepared to accept there are some.

I also find it hard to believe that people who started going in 2006 are the ones remaining.

The level of our crowds now is suspiciously close to what we normally get, although a bit higher, to make it seem likely we are getting back to the core support.

Archived